Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilkenm
Jan 6, 2005
Possibly the last Hamer Standard Custom made, definitely one of the last guitar's made while Jol Dantzig was there. Should be in my hands next week:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007

wilkenm posted:

Possibly the last Hamer Standard Custom made, definitely one of the last guitar's made while Jol Dantzig was there. Should be in my hands next week:

I am so jealous of you right now.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

wilkenm posted:

ahhhhh man, that's nice. How much you have to drop for that if you don't mind me asking.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Picked up this, an 8 channel Behringer mixer and a so-so dynamic microphone with Mogami cable for just a shade over $200.

It's a Boss BR-1200CD, which is, as it turns out, just what I needed to start putting some ideas down. There's quite a learning curve, and it suffers slightly from a poor button-to-function ratio, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It's got a built in drum machine and bass sequencer, a vocal processor, and all of the effects/models from the Boss GT-6 pedal.

cheeswhiz
Nov 21, 2003

ketchup fucking sucks

woodhead posted:

Remember this? Well I am almost finished restoring it. The only things I need are 2 of those sliding switch covers. Anyone have any ideas where to find them? I also wouldn't mind putting a nice shiny bridge cover on it. Something like what you find on a jaguar. Any suggestions?

Here is how it looks now.

This is awesome! Even though I'm new to guitar I want a teisco really badly. How does she sound?

woodhead
Jan 29, 2008
try harder next time.

cheeswhiz posted:

This is awesome! Even though I'm new to guitar I want a teisco really badly. How does she sound?

Distinct! You can get a lot of really great and different tones out of the thing.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

woodhead posted:

Remember this? Well I am almost finished restoring it. The only things I need are 2 of those sliding switch covers. Anyone have any ideas where to find them? I also wouldn't mind putting a nice shiny bridge cover on it. Something like what you find on a jaguar. Any suggestions?

Here is how it looks now.

That is a funky rear end awesome guitar. I think it's the pickups that really give it the "retro space age" look

West Ham Sandwich posted:

I get to post in this thread again :neckbeard:

That cat's gonna kill your tone bro

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Hubis posted:

That is a funky rear end awesome guitar. I think it's the pickups that really give it the "retro space age" look

That cat's gonna kill your tone bro

My cat's manage to get into every single one of my pictures because as soon as I bring a new ANYTHING home they have to claim it.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Man, I wish I could post in this thread. :(

wilkenm
Jan 6, 2005

Choicecut posted:

ahhhhh man, that's nice. How much you have to drop for that if you don't mind me asking.

$2500 for that one. Used, they take quite a hit, so you can sometimes grab one in minty condition for $1500 or slightly less. But I'm a snob, and wanted new.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Impulse purchases :eek:

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Its an OLP MM5, the cheapo version of the Music Man Silhouette Bass Guitar. I've been thinking about a six string bass for some Cure/New Order sounds for awhile now, I just happened to see this on eBay last week.

Right now its strung A-A with horrible old and rusty strings. No stores in my area carry strings that fit, so I've got an E-E set on order. I have played around with it some and for the $220 it cost its half decent. The pickups sound good and I don't get any extra noise out of the electronics, the frets don't need any work and the action is low. Its pretty light weight, which makes it feel kinda cheap, and the neck is kind of oddly chunky, but not enough to cause an issue.

Assuming that it proves decent after the new strings, I may try to add a series/parallel switch like the real thing to give me a couple extra sound options.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

What's a tax return?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

What's a tax return?

Welcome to the club :rock:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

What's a tax return?

These are so much fun.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

HKR posted:

These are so much fun.

Yeah both of my bands practiced in succession tonight so I used em for a total of about 4 hours. So much fun.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I loving hate electronics. :mad:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Gorilla Salsa posted:

I loving hate electronics. :mad:

Is this just a random comment or are you speaking of something specific? Did something break?

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Oldstench posted:

Is this just a random comment or are you speaking of something specific? Did something break?

I've been working on a few pedal projects - a stutter pedal, a mute pedal (which I've built before), and a BYOC Slow Gear clone. First, the Stutter pedal had a poo poo ton of noise, and the LED only kinda worked. Now, I've gotten the noise out, and the actual stutter effect works, but the LED doesn't work at all. I have no idea what is going wrong with it. I just got the mute switch to work fully (by actually muting when the switch is pressed, as well as the LED.) I haven't even tried connecting the Slow Gear clone yet, because when I had it assembled in it's original case, it didn't work, and I have gently caress-all clue about how to troubleshoot it (all the connections look fine.)

I'm hosed, I think.

Hubis
May 18, 2003

Boy, I wish we had one of those doomsday machines...

Gorilla Salsa posted:

I've been working on a few pedal projects - a stutter pedal, a mute pedal (which I've built before), and a BYOC Slow Gear clone. First, the Stutter pedal had a poo poo ton of noise, and the LED only kinda worked. Now, I've gotten the noise out, and the actual stutter effect works, but the LED doesn't work at all. I have no idea what is going wrong with it. I just got the mute switch to work fully (by actually muting when the switch is pressed, as well as the LED.) I haven't even tried connecting the Slow Gear clone yet, because when I had it assembled in it's original case, it didn't work, and I have gently caress-all clue about how to troubleshoot it (all the connections look fine.)

I'm hosed, I think.

Post a schematic/photo of the stutter pedal if you want.

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

Hubis posted:

yeah, Ill give it a look also.

I still have my slow gear pedal if youre interested...

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Hubis posted:

7 Bowls of Wrath posted:

yeah, Ill give it a look also.

I still have my slow gear pedal if youre interested...

I'll post that schematic (along with some others) later on. I actually figured out what the problem with the stutter was: one side of the switch I have is broken somehow. That's why the LED isn't working now. You never know how useful a multimeter can be until poo poo like this happens.

ViciousV
Jun 1, 2004

Got this pretty recently along with a used Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Loving it!

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
Answering every pregnancy with a Coathanger!
It needs a re-fretting, and probably a new nut. But as it, it plays really well. This is a restored 1966 Fender Mustang. I had to put a neck from a 68 on it, because the original was warped. the Pickups are Seymour Duncan Antiquities. and all of the electronics had been replaced with reproductions. The Pick-guard is also a reproduction. This is my Pawn Shop Princess!

Excuse the poor image quality. This is my laptops webcam.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In a couple months I think I'll finally have the money to get an ash Vox Virage.

I can't think of any reason not to.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

meatcookie
Jun 2, 2007

rt4 posted:

In a couple months I think I'll finally have the money to get an ash Vox Virage.

I can't think of any reason not to.

That is a beautiful goddamned instrument and I want one now, no thanks to you.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Choicecut posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkk

Big Face
Dec 5, 2009

by Peatpot
I loving love Les Pauls so much.

esq
Dec 1, 2008

I'll have a white russian.

Hammer Floyd posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkkk
This entire thread is one big "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkkk". drat that's a nice Paul.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Choicecut posted:

Silverburst=best burst:circlefap:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Choicecut posted:

Great guitar. But get those loving records standing up on their side instead of laying on each other please.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

HKR posted:

Great guitar. But get those loving records standing up on their side instead of laying on each other please.

Yeah, I have been meaning to do that. I need to get some better shelving.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Choicecut posted:

Sweet axe! I notice you got a Vypyr 60 in the background there... What do you think of it? My shop just became Peavey dealers and we got the whole series in. I'm really impressed so far but I'd love to hear what some Vypyr owners think of them before I snag one for myself.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Gramps posted:

Sweet axe! I notice you got a Vypyr 60 in the background there... What do you think of it? My shop just became Peavey dealers and we got the whole series in. I'm really impressed so far but I'd love to hear what some Vypyr owners think of them before I snag one for myself.

Ah man, I love it and it is the only amp I have now. I sold quite a few good amps, as well as all my pedals because it kicked so much rear end. Sold an Orange Tiny Terror, Krank Rev Pro Jr., Fender Blues Jr., JCM800 and a Fender Roc Pro 1000. I took a vypyr 30 on trade and after playing it for awhile, realized how functional it is for the bedroom guitar player. I tested the Tube 60 at my local guitar shop and had to have it. Paired with the Sanpera II it is hard to beat. I can play low volumes or cranked and it sounds good either way.

EDIT: But it has to have the stupid rear end Batman Chest/Fangs removed before it's functional.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 13, 2010

The Mystery Date
Aug 2, 2005
STRAGHT FOOL IN A GAY POOL (MUPPETS ROCK)
Not my image, no camera.

Just got a '96 Epiphone Emperor from a guy on craigslist. The serial # indicates that it was made in the Peerless factory in Korea. It's in near perfect condition, sounds awesome, and plays great. Now I can get that sweet hollow body tone and don't feel like a contradiction by playing jazz on a Schecter.

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

Choicecut posted:

drat that's nice and usually I'm a woodgrain/sunburst man

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I want your opinions, ML: should I cancel my order for a Mesa Roadster 212 and get an Avatar 212 or 412 instead? The price isn't an issue for me, but I am otherwise unsure.

HundredxNails
Jun 15, 2007
Answering every pregnancy with a Coathanger!

Choicecut posted:

I am more of a Fender fan, but god drat!

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
Silverburst is so awesome.

Gorilla Salsa posted:

I want your opinions, ML: should I cancel my order for a Mesa Roadster 212 and get an Avatar 212 or 412 instead? The price isn't an issue for me, but I am otherwise unsure.

There definitely isn't a quality difference, and it uses the same speakers, so it's really just whether the Avatar or Roadster does what you want it to do more.

Avatar speakers are loving outstanding, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrthas
Jan 22, 2007

The Mystery Date posted:

Not my image, no camera.

Screw the silverburst, this is where it's at. (Silverburst is okay, too.)