Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch
311 out - http://bt.evil-genius.us:60000/torrents/%5BEvil_Genius%5DBerserk_v35c311.rar.torrent?info_hash=efefec869ca1c9e75b3928639d881d3b5b7e1e38

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
pretty good chapter but yay for more side tracking!

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

GoldenNugget posted:

pretty good chapter but yay for more side tracking!

hey now Don't forget that most of this series is about Guts sidetracking and killing the poo poo out of gods. IF THE MAN WANTS GUTS TO KILL "A SEAGOD", LET HIM KILL A SEAGOD I SAY. Additionally, they have to have Guts group learn of the new world somehow, fighting a giant seagod may be their best bet

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Zorak posted:

hey now Don't forget that most of this series is about Guts sidetracking and killing the poo poo out of gods. IF THE MAN WANTS GUTS TO KILL "A SEAGOD", LET HIM KILL A SEAGOD I SAY. Additionally, they have to have Guts group learn of the new world somehow, fighting a giant seagod may be their best bet

If he finishes this manga I'll be totally happy with this.

It's also good to note that he's back on schedule with another chapter at the end of this month.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
Pretty short chapter, though.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

unprofessional posted:

Pretty short chapter, though.

In terms of page count and content per page, it wasn't too bad. I think we can probably get through this entire side arc in five chapters, I would think.

7thLevelOfYar
Sep 30, 2003
You will be judged harshly.

Zorak posted:

Even better, he's killing Cthulhu

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm betting the whole village, or even the whole island, is one big monster.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Sindai posted:

I'm betting the whole village, or even the whole island, is one big monster.

All the more for Guts to kill.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Jimmybob posted:

All the more for Guts to kill.

If that theory was right that would mean there's only be one thing to kill not more.

Why are we even spoilering that idea? Gut's kills things. It's what he does.

7thLevelOfYar posted:

Cthulhu
Dagon which explains why there's something fishy about the locals.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh
We're never even going to get to Namek :(

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.
I like the new quest, had me at mysterious fish eyed girl

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

Guts would have made all Lovecraft's Innsmouth stories much more interesting. I mean the man's already seen the Eclipse, there's not much more the sight of an elder god can do to him.

Still though, poor boat. If Roderick had left a single named character on boardit might have stood a chance, but with an unnamed firstmate and all the extras? No chance. Dagon/Cthulhu is going to devour it.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

So it seems there's been quite a bunch of chapters for this lately, is this manga starting to get back on track maybe?

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Supposedly, we'll get another chapter later this month, so... yes! It may actually be back on track!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Satanos posted:

Guts would have made all Lovecraft's Innsmouth stories much more interesting. I mean the man's already seen the Eclipse, there's not much more the sight of an elder god can do to him.

Still though, poor boat. If Roderick had left a single named character on boardit might have stood a chance, but with an unnamed firstmate and all the extras? No chance. Dagon/Cthulhu is going to devour it.

The old fat knight with the awesome armor is still there. He became famous for defending a bridge, he will sure as hell defend a boat with his metal stick.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was very sweet. I love how Guts seems completely calm and in control. It's kinda soothing, somewhat. Reminds me of Vagabond.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Feb 26th next issue?

Holy crap.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

3 chapters in a row is common before a (long) break. 4 in a row on the other hand will be a miracle.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Mr. Deathy posted:

3 chapters in a row is common before a (long) break. 4 in a row on the other hand will be a miracle.

Makes you wonder how quickly he gives in to frustration to play lolita-themed anime games.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Andrigaar posted:

Makes you wonder how quickly he gives in to frustration to play lolita-themed anime games.

I don't imagine he gets out much or has had many girlfriends.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
FUN FACT: Miura has a doctorate. He is Dr. Kentaro Miura.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
What is it in? Wikipedia doesn't say.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Sindai posted:

What is it in? Wikipedia doesn't say.

Horse Rape.

The King of Bavaria
Jul 23, 2007

Kaiser Wilhelm is my homeboy.
Seriously, we play chess every Thursday.

Jimmybob posted:

Horse Rape.

I believe the technical term would be Inter-species Studies.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the sea-monster-vagina-face tentacles looks EXACTLY like the thing in the movie "The Mist", where the same creature/tentacle grabbed the bagboy in the supply garage. Slightly smaller in the movie since it couldn't swallow an entire dude but the spikes, the shape, the vertical mouth, all the same. I wonder if there's a connection.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

wid posted:

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the sea-monster-vagina-face tentacles looks EXACTLY like the thing in the movie "The Mist", where the same creature/tentacle grabbed the bagboy in the supply garage. Slightly smaller in the movie since it couldn't swallow an entire dude but the spikes, the shape, the vertical mouth, all the same. I wonder if there's a connection.

Actually we see the entire monster toward the end and it's humongous.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Honestly there's a lot of monsters with tentacles and vagina mouths. Those are just some of the basic building blocks of good monsters.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!
Yeah, I think I like where this is going. This book is becoming so much drat fun!

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004
Becoming? When did it stop being fun? I realize there was a lack of focus on Guts and company for a while there but the Falconia poo poo was amazing.

liquidus696
Dec 25, 2007

"DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together, and you won't be able to fight!"
I just hope it'll stick with Gutts for awhile this time, the whole "Millennium Falcon" arc represents a depression in my otherwise complete love for the series... however I would've enjoyed it more if I got to look at more than like 30 2-page spreads of white over like 6 months!

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Looks like Guts gets to kill some Cthulu.

God I hope he can publish this whole thing and move forward before he takes another break.

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

So I'm reading the Dark Horse volume 33, and it seems Miura just handed this little epiphany to the readers in the form of a dream Guts has. His Jackal anima, reaching for an image of the Hawk, desperate to crush the bird in its fangs. What I find most interesting about this it how it parallels with previous images describing the Apostles being drawn to the Hawk.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

A.S.H. posted:

So I'm reading the Dark Horse volume 33, and it seems Miura just handed this little epiphany to the readers in the form of a dream Guts has. His Jackal anima, reaching for an image of the Hawk, desperate to crush the bird in its fangs. What I find most interesting about this it how it parallels with previous images describing the Apostles being drawn to the Hawk.

Gets even more suspicious if you take into account that Guts own a Behelit, and actually has people dear to him now (who follow him as a leader, as well).

EDIT: Unless the Skull Knight took it from him, I honestly don't remember.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I still hold the theory that Guts may not have been a bi-product/ a means to the creation of Griffith, but rather the other way around, to create a godly warrior outside the realm of casualty who can finally kill God or something.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

A.S.H. posted:

Become that which you destroy to destroy a greater evil :black101:

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

Hung Yuri posted:

Become that which you destroy to destroy a greater evil :black101:

Hands off kiddies, this guy is bad news.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Well if everything is planned out by causality how is Guts around then? Is he just some random neutral figure outside the flow and no one really doesn't know what to do with him? It makes sense since he was born from a corpse and not meant to live but goes on still though, I don't want some random guy to show up and tell Guts that: "You were all part of the plan." :smug:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Diabetic posted:

Well if everything is planned out by causality how is Guts around then? Is he just some random neutral figure outside the flow and no one really doesn't know what to do with him? It makes sense since he was born from a corpse and not meant to live but goes on still though, I don't want some random guy to show up and tell Guts that: "You were all part of the plan." :smug:

It'd be more like Guts killing Griffith and/ or the Idea of Evil and the Idea of Evil going WELL THAT WENT WELL and exploding in a soul-ar nuclear bomb.

We're supposed to assume that Guts is not so much a neutral figure from the get go, but rather a key piece to setting Griffith towards becoming Femto. Guts wasn't outside from the beginning, just a non-figure orchestrated just like Griffith's forebearers/ Griffith was. Guts was made a sacrifice, and thus left the system of casualty, or at least became less subject to it, to the point where he can buck it a fair amount.

But seeing as how Guts and Skull Knight were both key in Griffith's resurrection/ the beginning of the new world, it may be that they're not truly outside of anything, but rather key pieces doing their own thing because that's what they were orchestrated for from the first place.

So the question is, was Guts to create Griffith as he is, or the other way around?

Zorak fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 18, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Zorak posted:

It'd be more like Guts killing Griffith and/ or the Idea of Evil and the Idea of Evil going WELL THAT WENT WELL and exploding in a soul-ar nuclear bomb.

We're supposed to assume that Guts is not so much a neutral figure from the get go, but rather a key piece to setting Griffith towards becoming Femto. Guts wasn't outside from the beginning, just a non-figure orchestrated just like Griffith's forebearers/ Griffith was. Guts was made a sacrifice, and thus left the system of casualty, or at least became less subject to it, to the point where he can buck it a fair amount.

But seeing as how Guts and Skull Knight were both key in Griffith's resurrection/ the beginning of the new world, it may be that they're not truly outside of anything, but rather key pieces doing their own thing because that's what they were orchestrated for from the first place.

So the question is, was Guts to create Griffith as he is, or the other way around?

Always nice to hear another opinion on this, going to Skull Knight site goes so deep into metaphysics that it is hard to follow.

I do agree they were apart of the flow of things especially Guts considering the whole Zodd fulfilled prophecy leading to Femto. Another thing I forgot was the prophecy of the Hawk of Light and the Hawk of Darkness or the Christ/Anti-Christ allegory there (Maybe Miura forgot it by now too). So if that is the case is Guts still part of the plan? Is he supposed to be some divine savior or is Griffith supposed to just be the central figure and have the world full of demon rape, and people wanting to violenty murder each other while inbreeding? My point is, is there some divine influence that isn't all about the God Hand loving up the world but something that wants a positive outcome despite the utterly depressing poo poo storm the entire world is having to deal with?