Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

al-azad posted:

When you see Pyramid Head, run. You can't kill him. Without spoiling anything, the game will literally tell you when you can actually kill him.
Another thing is when you see Pyramid Head run, you shoot him a good bit to slow him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

McCoy Pauley posted:

GameFly is shipping me Saboteur today (for the 360). Anything I should know going in?

Silenced weapons are broken as gently caress and you should buy a silenced pistol the second you can. If you're careful, you can kill a general from down a street and not even get noticed after they go into "holy tits someone killed that dude" mode.

Also, I'm agreeing with the advice to buy the steal X vehicles perks. All the others can be completed fairly easily, but those two are grindy as gently caress and take forever.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I just started playing Shin Megami Tensei 1. I'm a couple hours in, having just rescued the Heroine from being executed by Yuriko. Any suggestions from here on out?

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Scalding Coffee posted:

Another thing is when you see Pyramid Head run, you shoot him a good bit to slow him down.

And if you're a vigilant explorer you can acquire his weapon at some point IIRC. It's less than practical but a lot of fun to mess with.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

m2pt5 posted:

What I said was that it could be from one to several missions after doing the IFF mission that your entire crew gets abducted, and after that happens you can only do one more before the final mission. That spoiler is the true PNR, but you don't control exactly when it happens.

Oh, I see. I have only had it happen after one more mission, sorry if I seemed overbearing.

Either way, it's a good idea to do everything you want to do before taking on the IFF mission.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Novolin posted:

Silenced weapons are broken as gently caress and you should buy a silenced pistol the second you can. If you're careful, you can kill a general from down a street and not even get noticed after they go into "holy tits someone killed that dude" mode.

Also, I'm agreeing with the advice to buy the steal X vehicles perks. All the others can be completed fairly easily, but those two are grindy as gently caress and take forever.

I think that working to stealth kill 5 Generals is worth it for the perk. I just love stealth killing a whole Nazi camp.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I just aquired the PC version of the Last Remnant. Are there some general rules I should remember regarding what kind of weapontypes I should go for and how I should level the main character?

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 14, 2010

Lordspam
Mar 20, 2007

curvy robot girlfriend
this game is pretty current, but anything about Dante's Inferno?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Silent Hill: Homecoming?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Mandrill posted:

I'm about to start up X3: Terran Conflict, how hosed am I as far as a learning curve? I hear you can set up hug space stations, end up owning huge fleets and whatnot. Sounds great, whats the catch?

The interface and controls will be the worst out of every game you have ever played. You will think, "I can deal with it. I have played some games with horrible interfaces" but no, this is worse than that and it will ruin any possible enjoyment that the game, IN THEORY, could provide you.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mandrill posted:

I'm about to start up X3: Terran Conflict, how hosed am I as far as a learning curve? I hear you can set up hug space stations, end up owning huge fleets and whatnot. Sounds great, whats the catch?

It's basically EVE Single-Player. If you know about EVE Online, you will know why this is good and bad.

Psychorider
May 15, 2009

Decrepus posted:

The interface and controls will be the worst out of every game you have ever played.

...unless you've played the previous X games :sweatdrop:.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Any advice for Dark Cloud 2?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm giving Silent Hill 3 a shot, anything I should know without spoilers? Is ammo super rare like in 2, and is it ok that I just avoid monsters in the mall?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm giving Silent Hill 3 a shot, anything I should know without spoilers? Is ammo super rare like in 2, and is it ok that I just avoid monsters in the mall?

It's funny, I kept asking for help on SH3 in this topic, but I didn't get any replies so I just jumped into it. I beat it a few days ago so it's fresh in my head.

If you played 2 (or 1), you should be fine. In general, running by the enemies is your best bet. Handgun ammo is pretty plentiful, but the combat is so clunky that's usually not worth it to fight enemies unless they're in your way.

Save your shotgun for bosses only. You don't get a rifle like in 1 or 2 (it's replaced with a submachine gun with virtually no ammo), so the shotgun is your designated boss weapon. Even when I used a guide to find ammo, I still ran out of shells in a few of the fights.

The game does give you more weapons and ammo if you're low on supplies. It's not really elaborated on in the game, but if you research it if you're curious.

You can miss some of the best weapons if you don't explore, most notably the katana, which is the best melee weapon in the game. There's a stun gun in Heather's apartment that's easy to pass up, but it's not that great.

At the very end of the game, there will be a short bit where you can kill this massive bitch you've been chasing the whole time. Don't do it! You need to use an item instead: the pendant you've had since the beginning of the game .

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Silent Hill: Homecoming?

- The game throws ammo at you. It's alright to take out enemies with melee weapons, but if you use ammo really sparingly you'll find yourself passing up on it because you can't carry anymore. If anything, make sure to shoot smogs (the enemies that blow poison gas at you), they are the hardest enemies to deal with using melee.

- If you plan on going through hard mode, I would recommend first beating the game normally and getting the secret ending. This unlocks you a powerful, powerful weapon that can be used to get through hard mode without it being a pain in the rear end. If you don't care about difficulty, ignore this and play through normally.

- Nurses respond to your flashlight and running. Don't use either, and they won't even move. This is very useful later in the game, when they become swirling dervishes of death. Seriously they become the hardest enemy.

- Serums are scattered around the game, and unlike the other collectible items, actually have a use: increasing your maximum health. In addition, they restore it completely, so I recommend not using them until you're low on health. Still, hunt these down. I'd recommend a guide, but that's because I don't like searching for stuff like that.

- There are three choices in the game that determine your ending. They're pretty blatant, and come near the end. If you want to get all the endings, I recommend saving before the first choice (it's in the prison), and just loading that up, making other choices as you go along to get the other endings.

- The knife is the weakest weapon, but is fast and can attack fast enough to not give the enemies any chance to attack. It was my favourite weapon except when facing ferals (demon dogs), in which case I used the pipe.

- There are upgrades for every weapon you find. They help.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 15, 2010

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

Any advice for Dark Cloud 2?

Go see Donny every so often to get new Scoop hints. This is important because pretty much every boss has an associated Scoop and if you don't take the photo at the time, then you miss it forever. Same goes for anything that can be photographed in the last non-bonus chapter.

If Amulet attacks seem weak it's because you charge them up by holding the button to increase their damage. I went through the whole game without realising this, thinking that the Amulets were just terrible.

Monster Transformation sucks, don't bother with it.

Don't rely too much on one character or you'll be snookered when you get to the Red/Blue sealed floors and can't change. Try and split your experience evenly between Max, Monica and the Ridepod.

Do NOT buy the voice box for the Ridepod. Just trust me on this.

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

The last time I played Dark Cloud 2 I used a checklist for all the ideas/inventions and it made the game a lot more fun, just because being able to make better stuff sooner makes later parts much less of a grind. Speaking of which the best advice I can give for it is this:

Dont grind! I know getting new weapons is cool, and leveling up is cool, but playing the same levels over again to level stuff up will drive you crazy. If you can get through a level, you are strong enough, so move on.

Related to that, use a guide for the health/armor power ups. Just do it. You WILL miss them if you dont, and it just makes the game arbitrarily harder. The first time I played the game I had less than half the health and 1/4 the armor I should have, leading to me being two shotted by everything. Turns out the game isnt supposed to be that hard.

There will occasionally be levels where enemies are resistant to everything Monica has AND be sealed so only she can be used on that level; in these cases just buy the item that breaks seals (its like 1k gold and will appear at the shop in town) because holy poo poo it takes forever to kill those enemies.

You can spectrumize weapons when they hit level 5, so at some point the best way to make your weapons stronger is to get a weaker weapon to level 5 quickly, fuse a bunch of crystals to it, spectrumize it, then fuse THAT to the weapon you like. Yea, its excessively complicated, but its that or grind forever to get the same weapon power, so whatever. To level up weak weapons, just kill things with your good weapon and switch to the weak one before picking up the xp balls.

There is a lot of cool stuff in terms of weapons and ridepod stuff (the hover jets are lots of fun), but the game is really grindy both in terms of weapons and the number of levels in each dungeon. I think some of the later chapters have like 30 levels, and it gets pretty boring. The game really could have been much shorter and been much more fun, but hey, JRPGS. What I mean to say is, dont be afraid to quit and come back later (or not).

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Lordspam posted:

this game is pretty current, but anything about Dante's Inferno?

Buy both counters! The Holy tree doesn't have many special moves, and they all use the cross. Later in the game it really helps to have some damage moves that don't use the cross, because there's an enemy that will make things much more difficult for you otherwise.

Keep talking to Virgil after his initial speech. You'll learn more, and sometimes he'll give you a relic. You don't take damage when in the middle of a Punishment or Absolution move.

The final boss fight is a bitch, but fair. Don't rely too much on the cross, or countering His attacks. You'll be punished for not mixing up your strategy. When the boss starts throwing fireballs, dodge TOWARDS Him, not away. If you get a quick attack in between fireballs, you'll interrupt Him. The same trick doesn't work for the other major attack He does.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Oscar Wild posted:

The first boss is a bit of a bitch, so you want to save ammo for that. I had to restart my first game since I ran out. After it's dead play it however you want.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

The first boss is a bit of a bitch, so you want to save ammo for that. I had to restart my first game since I ran out. After it's dead play it however you want.

The worm? I thought it went down after only like 15 bullets?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Wow, I heard that Silent Hill 3 has laser beams! Should I just stop playing Silent Hill 2 and pick that up instead? I mean, c'mon, laser beams. I'm stuck with a wooden board here, people!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
SH3 probably has the best combat of the series, but its plot is pretty weak especially compared against SH2.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Quest for Glory 1 VGA tips? I'm already about 1/4 through the game as a thief but being a Sierra adventure means there's an item somewhere that I should have picked up at a specific time or else I'll die in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Halloween Jack posted:

Wow, I heard that Silent Hill 3 has laser beams! Should I just stop playing Silent Hill 2 and pick that up instead? I mean, c'mon, laser beams. I'm stuck with a wooden board here, people!

Finish SH2 you won't be disappointed.

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

al-azad posted:

Quest for Glory 1 VGA tips? I'm already about 1/4 through the game as a thief but being a Sierra adventure means there's an item somewhere that I should have picked up at a specific time or else I'll die in the last 5 minutes of the game.

Once you get lockpick up a bit, use it on your nose to up it a lot, really fast. If you're not already maxed out, that is.

Save often and in a few seperate files, so you don't have to worry if you mess up. I wish I were going through that game for the first time.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It has been enjoyable so far. Combines the exploration and wonder elements of King's Quest with generic RPG elements. I just wish combat didn't feel so random. I can never tell if the enemy is attacking or blocking until my character recoils and health drops.

Stormy the Rabbit
Sep 16, 2008

5 more minutes of this and I'm gonna get mad!
Anyone got any tips for Planescape: Torment? Any "obvious" character builds I should go with, unofficial fan patches etc.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Stormy the Rabbit posted:

Anyone got any tips for Planescape: Torment? Any "obvious" character builds I should go with, unofficial fan patches etc.

Just focus on Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma in that order and hoard items like a squirrel since they'll inevitably come up again for some quest hours later.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Halloween Jack posted:

You must be new here because you just asked the Games forum if you should or shouldn't play Silent Hill 2. I'm going to go ahead and give you a couple of games that you should group into the category of Silent Hill 2, that category being "Best Games Ever (according to Games Forum)"

1) Deus Ex
2) Planescape: Torment
3) God Hand
4) Maybe a Mechwarrior game? I don't know I never played one

There's probably a few more but that's a good start.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Some quick pointers on Bioshock 2 that I picked up while playing. I'm trying to not crossover the advice from Bioshock 1 because the games are pretty similar. Some changes that can be worth highlighting however:

- Health kits are abundant. Don't buy the maximum amount at the vending machines and don't be afraid to use them. You might have to leave some behind on the ground if you fill up at a vending machine before you search the area/corpses.

- EVE Hypos, while not as common as health kits, are also not uncommon. Don't use your plasmids sparingly just to conserve Hypos. Get the tonics that restore EVE when using health kits/health stations if you still find that you tend to run out of Hypos.

- Almost any method can be used to take down enemies. Don't be afraid to experiment. The drill is especially good at taking down big numbers of weak enemies if you upgrade it and use the charge well.

- You can now use plasmids and weapons seamlessly without switching them on or off. Use this to your advantage (hint: electro bolt).

- Teleporting enemies getting on your nerves? Stun them or use phosphorous buck.

- When travelling on the sea floor, keep your eyes open and look around. There is a unique item type lying about that can only be found out there, though it's rare.

- Take note of the location if you find a glowing corpse.

- Learn to use, over-use and love trap rivets.

Fray Joker
Nov 3, 2007

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
More The Saboteur advice here.

Always always always keep nice and stocked up on explosives. Easiest way to do this is to get the perks that allow you to hold more bombs, use RDX early in the game and half price bombs. Afterwards you should also think about getting the getaway car drop upgrade that spawns a shop keeper, then you have cheap and plentiful bombs on demand as long as you're next to a road. Buy up any maps so that you can keep track of freeplay targets in any given area.

One of these perks is achieved by killing 5 Nazis in one explosion. Easiest most reliable way I've found to do this is blow something up, wait for the Sturmwagon to come, and when it comes back to pick up the reinforcements follow it down the block until the exclamation goes away. You can stand in front of it to stop it / slow it, then when you can, run behind it and pop a bomb on the back.

The other is destroying some number Nazi vehicles in x amount of time. Basically you can use a captured Nazi vehicle straight from the garage and pay the repair costs (not more than 50 contraband, depends on the vehicle). If you do it from the garage at the slaughterhouse you shouldn't even trigger an alarm.

After you've set yourself up, actually make the effort to thin out freeplay targets. That way you will never have a problem with money, create areas where it's easier to escape alarms, and make some missions easier.

RDX is great for taking out denser clusters of targets as you can get them all in one go and make a clean getaway. Dynamite is perfectly fine for singular targets.

If someone is watching you on a watchtower, just keep climbing. As long as you don't hit the top you'll eventually be ignored.

Other advice?

Silenced weapons and Touch of Death make stealth trivial. As long as no one can see you using a silenced weapon you can even use it at point blank range without being noticed. Great for taking out the body guards of generals, which makes getting the stealth kills for the melee gold perk trivial, giving you a new stealth kill (Touch of death).

Touch of death even goes so far as to allow you to kill Nazis in plain sight without causing alarm. Though on investigation of the body it will throw up a suspicion zone. Still, it's great for thinning out prying eyes when you can't get a clear shot with a silenced weapon.

Best thing to pair with a silenced weapon is probably a rifle, scoped is preferable. If you get into a pinch you can normally just grab a machine-gun off the ground and improvise. But being able to kill at a distance can be just as advantageous as being able to kill silently during general play.

Oh and needless to say, disguises can really be your best friend in a mission. Less so out of a mission where moving quickly can get you nabbed unexpectedly. When you manage to get a Wulf tank, you can negate the "armed" status with a disguise.

Not the hardest game in the world, but these tips will certainly take the frustration out of some of the less obvious traits of the game.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Fray Joker posted:

More The Saboteur advice here.

One of these perks is achieved by killing 5 Nazis in one explosion. Easiest most reliable way I've found to do this is blow something up, wait for the Sturmwagon to come, and when it comes back to pick up the reinforcements follow it down the block until the exclamation goes away. You can stand in front of it to stop it / slow it, then when you can, run behind it and pop a bomb on the back.

There's a mission not far into the game that has 5 or 6 Nazi vehicles clustered around some very explosive materials, beating the mission will almost guarantee you get this perk, so you don't have to go to great lengths to unlock it yourself unless you need the reward immediately.

You should obviously also unlock the 5 vehicles in 5 minutes perk in this mission too.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Just downloading Saints Row 2 for PC at the moment. I'm aware that this game is a kind of horrible port, but is there any trick to it not playing like rear end. My PC can run TF2, Fallout 3, World of Warcraft etc, and according to the system requirements lab, this game as well as Mass Effect and the like.

Also, any advice for grinding the first few thousand levels in Disgaea 2 without me wanting to tear my hair out, would be greatly appreciated. I know about felonies CoO4 and so forth, as well as the Nekomata trick, but i don't really wanna do exploits if i can help it.

Also, with SH2, i haven't played the others, but about 90% of the gameplay experience can amplified by playing in the dark with the sound up. With minimal emphasis on combat other than a sense of 'SHITFUCKCUNTARSEHITTHATFUCKINGTHINGKILLITKILLITKILLIT', a lot of the game is the sense of dread you get when the radio starts crackling and you can't see how there coule possibly be any enemies around.

So yeah, play that one through to the end first before you attempt to play any of the other games

osigas
Mar 4, 2006

Then maybe you shouldn't be living here

Sylphosaurus posted:

I just aquired the PC version of the Last Remnant. Are there some general rules I should remember regarding what kind of weapontypes I should go for and how I should level the main character?
Seconding a request for some info on The Last Remnant.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Stormy the Rabbit posted:

Since Intelligence is one of the most important stats (along with Wisdom & Charisma) for getting the most bang out of the story, I always went Wizard as soon as possible. It's available right after you escape from the Mortuary. Look for Old Mebbeth in one of the houses in Ragpicker's Square.

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

Random Hajile posted:

Since Intelligence is one of the most important stats (along with Wisdom & Charisma) for getting the most bang out of the story, I always went Wizard as soon as possible. It's available right after you escape from the Mortuary. Look for Old Mebbeth in one of the houses in Ragpicker's Square.

After I played through as a Mage twice, I went back and tried to play as the default Warrior/Fighter build and I was amazed by how much of the story I missed out on by not having as many points in Intelligence, Wisdom & Charisma. I didn't finish, but it felt like I was missing half the game. I wouldn't recommend it your first time through. There are more than enough NPCs to soak up damage while you cast your spells.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

SpazmasterX posted:

-If you cheat on your ME1 love interest, there will be "consequences" in ME3. Do it anyways because your selection is a lot better this time around.

A lot better this time around? What does that even mean? If it is something about what you get in-game for having a love interest, then that is something (I have not gotten this far yet, if so). If you mean the love interests in the first game were insufficient, I must protest and say that Liara is awesome. Meanwhile, in this game, Jack is awesome, but I hardly think Miranda is an improvement over Ashley (Miranda and Ashley are really the same character, as far as I can tell; standoffish rude women [honestly, Jack is more pleasant to talk to than Miranda]).

SpazmasterX posted:

-The new mining feature for gathering resources from planets may look irritating, but it's not. Get the scanner upgrade from Miranda ASAP, only bother scanning planets that register as "Rich", and tap the Scan button as you move so it goes quicker.

I guess something bad did come from me refusing to ever interact with Miranda once she was out of my party, after all. Oh well; I just mined the whole galaxy the hard way, and hey, it was a fine thing to do when I was on the phone or otherwise occupied but still wanted to be playing Mass Effect 2.

(ON THIS ISSUE: It seems that all [or at least like 99%] of the highest concentrations of minerals on planet surfaces are ON the planet scan-line-grid that the game draws; there is no need to scan all over the planet surface, you can stick to the lines)

Also, thanks for basically avoiding spoilers in your response--I feel like I know a little more about the end of the game than I wanted to know, but not really, considering I still have no idea what any of what you said meant. I just know that I am slightly inspired to talk to Miranda now, but still you said "mostly" loyal so I can probably skip her.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Random Hajile posted:

Wisdom IIRC is actually the most important mental stat for determining dialog choices, then intelligence, then charisma. You'll need at least 21 wisdom to play mind games with a certain character (and I believe wisdom is also tied to Dak'kon's personal quest) and a 21 charisma to convince a certain rear end in a top hat to reform. The attributes in order of importance are:

Wisdom
Intelligence
Charisma
Constitution
Dexterity
Strength

Wisdom gives you an experience bonus so bump that poo poo up. Intelligence gives you more spells. Charisma gives you better prices but all three mental attributes give you the best dialog choices and Planescape is entirely about talking to people. Once you hit 19 or so con, you begin to regenerate. Dexterity only modifies AC directly and the main character can never wield ranged weapons. Strength only increases damage and is totally useless even to a fighter.

Even if you're going thief or fighter you can totally ignore dexterity and strength. The reason is that the game supplements your lack of armor and such with tattoos and magic items aplenty. Enemies also suffer the same restrictions with 99% of them being restricted to melee and having a stupidly high AC (in AD&D world, the higher your AC the easier you are to hit). I'd say mage is the best class because even without strength you can do incredible damage mid-game through item boosts and your AC will be so low you can practically tank better than any fighter.

Regardless of what class you choose, stick with it. Multi-classing gives you the best attributes of your highest class but none of the abilities. What this means is that you'll keep your highest class' hit points, saves, and attacks but not the weapon proficiencies of a fighter, thief abilities of a thief, or spell casting of a mage. If you try to level evenly, you'll gently caress yourself.

Finally, keep the bronze sphere and intestines. Trust me on this one.

Edit: I forgot to add, late in the game you'll meet some rear end in a top hat called Vailor. Talk to him, don't mention who you are, and have him join your party. Complete his personal quest by talking to him right then and there to get a lot of experience points then drop that rear end in a top hat like a bad habit. If you keep him, he'll automatically kill a very important character in the next section who can give you like 1.2 million experience points if you redeem him. gently caress Vailor.

You can also buy an item mid-game that's a toy and opens up into a maze. The best spell and fighter are inside the maze but you can't leave if you bring a full party. Take Igness with you and swap him out for that character after you finish his personal quest. The dude is pretty useless compared to the new character and he comes back late game anyways.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Feb 16, 2010

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

al-azad posted:

Finally, keep the bronze sphere and intestines. Trust me on this one.

And junk. The junk item is actually useful in P:T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Quarex posted:

A lot better this time around? What does that even mean? If it is something about what you get in-game for having a love interest, then that is something (I have not gotten this far yet, if so). If you mean the love interests in the first game were insufficient, I must protest and say that Liara is awesome. Meanwhile, in this game, Jack is awesome, but I hardly think Miranda is an improvement over Ashley (Miranda and Ashley are really the same character, as far as I can tell; standoffish rude women [honestly, Jack is more pleasant to talk to than Miranda]).

If you like Liara, you can certainly stay loyal to her by not making any advances on the other gals. Talk to Miranda, there's a lot of character in there.

quote:

Also, thanks for basically avoiding spoilers in your response--I feel like I know a little more about the end of the game than I wanted to know, but not really, considering I still have no idea what any of what you said meant. I just know that I am slightly inspired to talk to Miranda now, but still you said "mostly" loyal so I can probably skip her.

Every character has a loyalty mission that really fleshes out their character. Miranda's is one of the best. While it is possible to get the best ending with only a mostly loyal crew, the chances are much better when they're all loyal.