Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go
There's a Season Cinco promo on Vimeo.

http://vimeo.com/9436206

Looks amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Not only is Season Cinco due out real soon, it looks like this HBO show that Tim and Eric were involved with is debuting on HBO this Friday at midnight eastern. Honestly, it looks like it may be pretty awesome.

http://funnyordie.com/m/3m17

Only preview I could find.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting

Doronin posted:

Not only is Season Cinco due out real soon, it looks like this HBO show that Tim and Eric were involved with is debuting on HBO this Friday at midnight eastern. Honestly, it looks like it may be pretty awesome.

Did you mean to link to this? It was the first related video: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/478a01446b/just-3-boyz-starring-tim-eric-zach-galifianakis?rel=prog_related&rel_pos=1

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Babylonian posted:

Did you mean to link to this? It was the first related video: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/478a01446b/just-3-boyz-starring-tim-eric-zach-galifianakis?rel=prog_related&rel_pos=1

Ah yes, I didn't realize I copied the wrong link. Thanks for putting the right one.

Either way, the whole show looks really good. I can't wait to see where this "Horse Massage" sketch goes.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
I was excited before, but now seeing so many returning faces in that promo for Season Cinco, I know they'll just impress me even more this season, just like they did every season previous.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I am always going to a be a huge fan of this stuff.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I haven't been keeping up. They have a show on HBO starting Friday? Is it their own show or are they a part of the funny or die show?

The Worst
Feb 25, 2006

death from above
:ohdear:
I just saw that Tommy Wiseau episode for the first time, the awkwardness was just painful.

Amish Ninja
Jul 2, 2006

It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, jam with the rest.
I am Piiiiig Man.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
That episode fizzled in my book. "tommy wiseau! He made this totally horrendous movie, but get this - HE DOESN'T REALIZE HOW AWFUL IT WAS! AND THAT HE'S HUMAN GARBAGE!" Cut. Print. Run it!

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

The Worst posted:

I just saw that Tommy Wiseau episode for the first time, the awkwardness was just painful.

Kids in the hospital. Is very stressful.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
That sketch was gold to me, it was the perfect truncation of The Room. Terrible dialogue, love scenes, drama out of nowhere, people constantly leaving the stage and coming back. Also I'm pretty sure Tommy Wiseau is just a loving comedy genius, and if not, at least he's a wonderful sport about it.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I met Tommy Wiseau this weekend! He was very nice. He signed my copy of The Room "To Drew". My name isn't Drew.

He mentioned Tim and Eric and said something like he worked with them again and that "what you see is naaht what happened" (imagine it in his voice, it's great). It seems as though he felt a bit misrepresented. After meeting him and seeing him do a Q&A I can confidently say they represented him flawlessly.

robot roll call fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 17, 2010

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Doronin posted:

Holy poo poo I watched it last night and it is loving funny as gently caress! It feels a lot like Tim and Eric with a more R rated twist. I will be watching this every Friday for sure.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Doronin posted:

So wait, this show is basically a clip show featuring videos from FunnyOrDie? I've never really poked around on the website, is it like wacky ebaumsworld videos for adults?

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Mr Viper posted:

So wait, this show is basically a clip show featuring videos from FunnyOrDie? I've never really poked around on the website, is it like wacky ebaumsworld videos for adults?

It's a sketch comedy show. I have never been on the website either to be honest but I assume all this material is new for the show. It plays out very much like a Tim and Eric episode with a lot of really loving weird poo poo happening. You should check it out if you have HBO. I would imagine they will be rerunning it late tonight possibly.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
The first episode of FOD Presents doesnt feature any of the skits that Tim & Eric are on, but theres a clip on the website. The show is pretty cool & plays well but I find it kind of weird that Bob Odenkirk isnt involved. Then again, who knows, I still dont really know why Mr Show got cancelled.

Either way it is pretty funny & something nice to tide us all over til Season Cinco.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

It wasn't exceptional but it wasn't horrendous like most comedy central 'adult' presentations or anything.

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
I saw a season five promo last night that had Danny Trejo, I think.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Mr Viper posted:

Yeah, basically an entire site based around sketch comedy. I think Will Ferrell was one of the people behind it. I guess they finally managed to pull enough strings to get a TV show centered around their "Chosen One" contributors. A lot of the people that contribute to the site have appeared at one time or another on Awesome Show.

I watched the first episode, and it was pretty hit or miss, but Tim and Eric's sketch must be scheduled for a later episode.

ApexAftermath posted:

It's a sketch comedy show. I have never been on the website either to be honest but I assume all this material is new for the show. It plays out very much like a Tim and Eric episode with a lot of really loving weird poo poo happening. You should check it out if you have HBO. I would imagine they will be rerunning it late tonight possibly.

I've been following the site for a while, and it looks like it's all entirely new material. Some of the sketches, like "Drunk History," are ongoing and they make new ones from time to time, but the rest all seems like it was made just for the new show.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

The first episode of FOD Presents doesnt feature any of the skits that Tim & Eric are on, but theres a clip on the website. The show is pretty cool & plays well but I find it kind of weird that Bob Odenkirk isnt involved. Then again, who knows, I still dont really know why Mr Show got cancelled.

Either way it is pretty funny & something nice to tide us all over til Season Cinco.

Yeah, I hope this show hits is stride, so to speak. It has a lot of promise. The only part I really didn't care for at all was the "Derek Waters LOL Sketch Comedy" bits. I'm not sure who he is, but his sketches kind of sucked. The rest of show was pretty enjoyable.

Although I agree with you. It's kind of odd to see a show like this with Bob Odenkirk nowhere to be found.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

TheBuilder posted:

I saw a season five promo last night that had Danny Trejo, I think.

I saw that too. Danny Trejo is awesome, so it just got me that much more excited about Sunday.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
Funny or die presents is certainly not going to take the throne from t&e, but it had its moments. Next time I watch I'll feel more free to skip stuff that starts off lovely, like the t shirt sketch, because the boring skits didn't get better. Playground politics was funny, as was the always funny drunk history. Space baby was funny but it'd be a terrible idea to make it recurring.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Just got confirmation from Tim on Twitter that this season is in 16:9 HD!

timheidecker posted:

timheidecker HD!! RT @codyclarke: is T&E 4:3 or 16:9 this season? just wondering whether I should DVR cartoon network or cartoon network HD

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

codyclarke posted:

Just got confirmation from Tim on Twitter that this season is in 16:9 HD!

Huh. Hope it doesn't detract from their found footage style too much.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
4 new commercials here: http://vimeo.com/user2972231/videos/sort:date

If someone wants to get crazy on the frame by frame analysis of the 15 second one, I bet you could mine some badass deets. I paused it at one point and was like WHOA PIERRE WHAT'S UP.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Man, I'm extremely excited for Season Cinco but unfortunately I no longer have a television on which to watch it. This is basically the one show that makes me regret that choice. Does anyone know long it's supposed to take after airing before they go up on adultswim.com?

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Holy loving poo poo. If you watched Funny or Die tonight all I can say is "snakes".

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

No Mods No Masters posted:

Man, I'm extremely excited for Season Cinco but unfortunately I no longer have a television on which to watch it. This is basically the one show that makes me regret that choice. Does anyone know long it's supposed to take after airing before they go up on adultswim.com?

Last season they had them on the site by Monday afternoon. Though, during season 3 they aired all the season 3 episodes on the website on Fridays, that was actually really cool.

OMG I Cant Wait!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Not exactly Tim & Eric news, but should be of interest to you folk: Zach Galifianakis will be hosting SNL on March 6th.

pepperoniroller
Sep 11, 2001

I thought I heard somewhere that Season Cinco is supposed to be a massive season of like 30 episodes. confirm/deny?

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008

pepperoniroller posted:

I thought I heard somewhere that Season Cinco is supposed to be a massive season of like 30 episodes. confirm/deny?

No, it's going to be the typical 10.

I'm pretty sure in an interview I read awhile ago they said that 50 episodes (which is what they'll have after the 10 season 5 eps) was a great number and that's why they're ending the show after this season.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

codyclarke posted:

Not exactly Tim & Eric news, but should be of interest to you folk: Zach Galifianakis will be hosting SNL on March 6th.

Awesome. I need to remember to record that one.

Also, I watched the latest Funny or Die show hoping for the Tim and Eric sketch, finally, and I thought it was terrible. The thing with the snake guys was okay, and Playground politics was pretty funny. But alas, no Tim and Eric yet.

As for Season Cinco: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3xICOc13wk

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

ApexAftermath posted:

Holy loving poo poo. If you watched Funny or Die tonight all I can say is "snakes".
They milked that way too family guy style and it killed a sketch with some nice potential. Good ending though.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
Richard Dunn just told me via Facebook chat:

quote:

They are doing a movie this year and a 38 city live tour and I will be in both of them

I didn't even ask him anything. He asked me if I was watching the premiere tomorrow, I said yes, and he dropped that bomb.

Babylonian fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 28, 2010

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

hall n oates mom posted:

They milked that way too family guy style and it killed a sketch with some nice potential. Good ending though.

I was pretty stoned. I could see it being annoying sober.

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

I miss Nite Live. :sigh:

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I figured theres enough people on twitter to make SEASON CINCO a trending topic. Lets do this guys!

http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23SEASONCINCO

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

ApexAftermath posted:

I was pretty stoned. I could see it being annoying sober.
It wasn't merely annoying, it ruined the entire sketch by being 500% longer than it should have been.

I wasn't sober, either. :roflolmao:

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
2 awesome new promos for show tonight:

http://video.adultswim.com/promos/tim-and-eric-season-cinco-premieres-feb-28-at-1230-ep.html?cid=POST_FB_Update_TAEASGJ_Cincotonight
(preview of the whole episode, including a look at what might be the most amazing cop drama since NYPD Blue)

http://video.adultswim.com/promos/tim-and-eric-puberty-premieres-march-7-at-1230-am-ep.html
(preview of a specific skit/song)

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Quall of Duty? They can do these all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I went over my tweet limit for #SEASONCINCO & now I wont be able to make my tweetcount reach 555 in honor of #SEASONCINCO. Oh well, it was a good run.