Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Like Wii Sports Resort only it's Ray's Backyard. Hold the Wiimote up to your mouth to smoke a blunt. Press A to grill the steak. Hold B to enjoy a good time with friends.
Connect a nunchuck to suck at pool, connect a classic controller to school fools at pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

doggs there is a new strip up at achewood dot com

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

edit; for extra siren sauce

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 17, 2010

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

gently caress, you know, I loooooove to complain about the irregular schedule, but gently caress me if this strip didn't make me laugh like classic Achewood always did. I'm sorry I've been a virtual jerk to you, Mr. Onstad. I'm going to sign back up for another month of Achewood subscriber love, right this instant. I hope you use the money for some drat fine food.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I love that this isn't the first time Achewood has featured money in the microwave.

http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uuaf4zbXt

Mr.Roboto
May 12, 2007
Yes yes, you're welcome damnit.
Phillipe should really do some stretches for that stiff neck of his. He's got the spine of an 80 year old.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I love Phillipe's assessment of the items in the Sharper Image catalog. Even a 5-year-old can recognize that it's all wholly unnecessary crap.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ManiacClown posted:

I love Phillipe's assessment of the items in the Sharper Image catalog. Even a 5-year-old can recognize that it's all wholly unnecessary crap.

Yes it's the perfect definition. Loved the new strip.

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
I just noticed that the two options for chili are "chicken" and "mild."

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Rustmouth Chafings posted:

Philipe is 5.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

nmg posted:

Philipe is 5.

oh poo poo, really? man that is crazy Onstad you never fail to impress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Rustmouth Chafings posted:

I was kind of wondering if they were mutually exclusive. Also, at the $1.80 price increase from the false chili bowl, I kind of thought that the chili would just come from a can--like re-branded Hormel. I mean, you have to ship these items, right?

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
aaaaaaagh onstad finally gets back and updates and IT WON'T LOAD FOR ME

stop talking about how funny the strip is god drat you LOAD ALREADY DAMMIT

Weedle
May 31, 2006

OBAMA ACKBAR posted:

aaaaaaagh onstad finally gets back and updates and IT WON'T LOAD FOR ME

stop talking about how funny the strip is god drat you LOAD ALREADY DAMMIT

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I love that this isn't the first time Achewood has featured money in the microwave.

http://m.assetbar.com/achewood/uuaf4zbXt

The only logical conclusion is that Chris Onstad microwaves his money.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Weedle posted:

The Magician's Thermometer actually looks pretty fun.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I don't think anyone has ever condensed the nature of a statue down to something as little and as precise as "it honors your situation".

e: wait, "mom and mom"?!

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Dove from Above posted:

Thats how they rope you in. They have one interesting product and it acts as a gateway to the other lovely stuff.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007

Weedle posted:

That is barely sillier than the stuff you see in a real skymall

I guess it's just hard to go over the top on something that's already practically a self-parody

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Ola posted:

e: wait, "mom and mom"?!

Mom and Mom's hall bathroom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dove from Above posted:

But for God's sake man, don't buy it unless you are actually a magician yourself or are buying it for a magician.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Silentman0 posted:

Mom and Mom's hall bathroom.

I just thought there was some "Raymond's Two Mommies" arch I had inexplicably missed.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
Philippe is moving on up.

:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

e: Philippe has 3 P's

Fillerbunny fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 23, 2010

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

GASP! Philippe is feeling the malaise and anxiety one experiences with success. drat I hope we get to meet Tim and his bride.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Little Philippe is too anxious not to be seen as ungrateful or having the sin of pride to enjoy his success :ohdear:

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I love how this comic manages to conjure up such a soundscape out of those last four panels at the restaurant. It puts me in mind of that scene in The Godfather...

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
What is Philippe drinking? At first I thought that was a cherry at the bottom but in the closeup it looks like a black olive...?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I choose to believe it is a Shirley Temple.

That is what I drank at fancy restaurants when I was five.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Wanderer posted:

I choose to believe it is a Shirley Temple.

That is what I drank at fancy restaurants when I was five.
Correct. If you click over to the assetbar side, the title of the strip confirms this.

Rock Strongo
Dec 24, 2004

"It's said he killed a dragon once...but not this time"
Want to meet Tim the Gray Alien

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Rock Strongo posted:

Want to meet Tim the Gray Alien

Haha, I got 4th place on the Achewood strip club naming Facebook challenge.

Ghost Captain
Apr 22, 2008

I did it wit my lil hatchet
Someone linked the Little Nephew suicide arc earlier in the thread and "spaghetti's dad" is probably my favorite thing from Achewood.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

:siren: New strip is up! :siren:

I may start using "firing on one cylinder," but I'm still more fond of "slut-of-a-bitch."

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

What, you haven't heard "firing on one cylinder" before? Even I've heard that one out here in South Dakota, where we know nothing of many of the references Onstad makes.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I live in California and was born in the late 80's and I still have to check Wikipedia every time there's a new strip.

(Achewood demographic chat itt)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah seriously even montrealers say "not firing on all four cylinders" or variations of it.

Also Ray is a HUGE SHITHEAD :mad:

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
Hit random comic. Post what comes up (jigger it back or forth if you know there's a really good one nearby)

one of the all time best Roast Beef lines

HOW ARE YOU

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah seriously even montrealers say "not firing on all four cylinders" or variations of it.

Also Ray is a HUGE SHITHEAD :mad:

He's sad... but it's the way it has to be! A grown-rear end man must destroy a 5 year old otter's dreams in order to garnish his already ridiculous wealth.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
It occurs to me that Ray's house is unique in all of fiction for being a place where you could destroy random objects and find vast sums of cash inside without it being unusual.

His savings account is all Bank of Hyrule. He doesn't pay his gardener and has forgotten to do so; the gardener simply operates on the assumption that he will find a six hundo in a baggie under the rose bushes and that assumption is often correct.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Wanderer posted:

It occurs to me that Ray's house is unique in all of fiction for being a place where you could destroy random objects and find vast sums of cash inside without it being unusual.

Look up, if you can, the children's book series about an elephant called Uncle by J.P. Martin. He lives in a giant rambling house called Homeward that he inherited, and spends most of his time exploring it with the help of a monkey who he pays in typewriters. Occasionally they are attacked by a man called Beaver Hateman and Uncle kicks him in the rear end so hard he flies through the air.
It's a fine entry in the long tradition of absolutely barking mad English children's literature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi

Wanderer posted:

His savings account is all Bank of Hyrule. He doesn't pay his gardener and has forgotten to do so; the gardener simply operates on the assumption that he will find a six hundo in a baggie under the rose bushes and that assumption is often correct.

I laughed out loud because that poo poo is perfect.

Dove from Above posted:

Look up, if you can, the children's book series about an elephant called Uncle by J.P. Martin. He lives in a giant rambling house called Homeward that he inherited, and spends most of his time exploring it with the help of a monkey who he pays in typewriters. Occasionally they are attacked by a man called Beaver Hateman and Uncle kicks him in the rear end so hard he flies through the air.
It's a fine entry in the long tradition of absolutely barking mad English children's literature.

Welp, gonna go ahead and try to find this.