Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evilpiggie
Feb 22, 2009
I just bought this beauty mustang today.

97, dark green, with tiny V6, but for $3500 and 23,000 kilos on it, you can not go wrong. Pulled a report that showed it literally sat on a dealers lot until 2001. Not really sure how that ever happens.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plecostomus
Oct 17, 2009

Toned down for your pleasure

MATLAB 1988 posted:

LaserDash 1986 with turbo triangles & volumetric cubes for some reason™

The hi-tek console with cruise, CB and trip computer.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

This is AI as gently caress. Brings back fond memories of my old TOMYTRONIC. The 1980s was surely the king of all decades.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Evilpiggie posted:

97, dark green, with tiny V6, but for $3500 and 23,000 kilos on it, you can not go wrong. Pulled a report that showed it literally sat on a dealers lot until 2001. Not really sure how that ever happens.....

You paid $3500 for a 1997 v6 Mustang? Did you get any lube before that rear end raping?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Evilpiggie posted:

Demo/Dealer or managers personal car? Also no pic.

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003

Evilpiggie posted:

Now it's time to find that 03/04 Cobra that was annihilated in the rear end with only 3,000 miles on the odometer and it's been sitting at someones ex-wife's heated garage because of a nasty divorce. :pervert:

Congratulations on your awesome SN-95 purchase - 6 cylinder or not. :patriot:

It is actually a pain to convert a 6 to an 8 much more so than a GT to a Cobra. Engine compartment is completely different along with the rear end.

VibrioCholera fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 19, 2010

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

VibrioCholera posted:

It is actually a pain to convert a 6 to an 8 much more so than a GT to a Cobra. Engine compartment is completely different along with the rear end.

Yeah, the engine and rear end are different, but how does that make it more difficult to convert? You still have to pull out the engine and put another one in its place. I guess you must be talking about having to change the suspension too?

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

DropShadow posted:

Either that or the B8 S4 Avant for me. Thanks BMW & Audi for bringing neither one to the US, assholes!

Take this with a grain of salt, but I hope it is true.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/17/legalize-it-horchaus-federalizing-non-u-s-audis-for-na/

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Put a Mugen grill on my TSX today, so here's a couple pics. I like what it does to the front end of the car.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Wamsutta posted:

Put a Mugen grill on my TSX today, so here's a couple pics. I like what it does to the front end of the car.

A girl I knew had that grill on her car. She ended up taking the Mugen logo off, and it looked pretty good.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

As of now I like it with the badge on, but my tastes change frequently so it may end up coming off. I kind of worry it would look too empty with nothing there. We'll see!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Wamsutta posted:

As of now I like it with the badge on, but my tastes change frequently so it may end up coming off. I kind of worry it would look too empty with nothing there. We'll see!

Looks decent. Did you get the car tuned yet?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

kimbo305 posted:

Looks decent. Did you get the car tuned yet?

Well my issues were caused by a totally FUBAR'd Chinese knockoff header whose flexpipe had collapsed. I got a new Comptech header last June and it's been smooth sailing since. I'm still on the Comptech/Hondata ECU reflash since I'm just running the "stock" 5 pounds of boost. If I ever decide to raise that I'll be getting a K-Pro first!

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Wamsutta posted:

since I'm just running the "stock" 5 pounds of boost.

Wait what? Since when is the TSX boosted stock? Or do you mean running a mild tune in addition to what if my memory serves me was an add on supercharger?

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

_firehawk posted:

Wait what? Since when is the TSX boosted stock? Or do you mean running a mild tune in addition to what if my memory serves me was an add on supercharger?

Sorry - the basic setup for the Comptech Supercharger setup. I know enough guys who are up to 9-11psi that I consider 5psi the "stock" supercharger setup. :)

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...
Just bought this a month ago. It's been at the dealership for 3 weeks due to bad tires/valve stems/ rust on the chrome = perpetually deflating tires...then I hit a pothole and poo poo-canned one of my rims. To summarize, a month after buying it, 3 flat tires, 1 bent rim, and a brand new set of wheels and tires (that make it possible to even drive in the snow) I can drive my car everyday.

Crappy cell phone pic.

Another view (You can see sidewall wear from test drives with low tire pressure)

I know what Top Gear says about people who drive this car, but I look like poo poo every day when I drive it. That, and while it might not handle like a Ferrari, the 3.2L V6 and all the custom poo poo the previous owner added make it worth the price.

Edit: Original owner lowered and customized suspension and shocks, installed Motorolla IHF1000 voice activated Bluetooth, has dash mounted K40 radar detector with remote control, AT Italia rims, new tires, etc.

Once I got new tires it doesn't get horrible MPG, and will go when you want, where you want. I've been looking on stramosphere.com and other sites for upgrades, but can't seem to find anything. I'm not "know all" car guy, and this is my everyday driver for now, so I dont want to kill MPG, but in the future I want to do some things to make it *fast.

High_Life fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 22, 2010

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
Looks good. You have to have a somewhat thick skin to own a Mk.I TT, but they're a ton of fun and still great looking, in my opinion. The TT forum at quattroworld.com is pretty decent. There's not a whole lot besides forced-induction to make the 3.2 significantly faster. Be careful with bumps, as well. The oil pan on the 3.2 is pretty low, and lowering one of these cars can make driving over debris or bumps a risky proposition.

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...

DogDodger posted:

Looks good. You have to have a somewhat thick skin to own a Mk.I TT, but they're a ton of fun and still great looking, in my opinion. The TT forum at quattroworld.com is pretty decent. There's not a whole lot besides forced-induction to make the 3.2 significantly faster. Be careful with bumps, as well. The oil pan on the 3.2 is pretty low, and lowering one of these cars can make driving over debris or bumps a risky proposition.

Yea. It is a ton of fun to drive around and I hit way too fast on the tollway when I was late for work, plus I get about 27mpg cruising at 70. The handling is good enough to loving swerve around golfball size pieces of ice. It's a loving nightmare in Chicago driving behind a Car as all the ice falls off the wheel well and I just lost my loving bumper. This has gotten better with winter/larger profile tires.

What I love the best is the exhaust noise. Stock exhaust sounds like "lets go!".

Edit: Also, I can't find a lot about 2006 S-line TT's and I'm wondering if the guy just badged it, or if there is something different. All my searches show different cars and new TT's

High_Life fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 22, 2010

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
All 3.2 TTs were badged as S-line for whatever reason.

Edit: Chicago would be a heckuva trip, but keep an eye on tt-east.org. It's always a good time. :)

Evilpiggie
Feb 22, 2009

blugu64 posted:

Demo/Dealer or managers personal car? Also no pic.

Banging a girl in fiance, they had it sitting in a garage

blugu64 posted:

You paid $3500 for a 1997 v6 Mustang? Did you get any lube before that rear end raping?

Paying 3500 for any car with that kind of mileage is deal. What's your beef?

Evilpiggie fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 22, 2010

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
Just picked up a 2006 Ford Falcon XR6

Quite nice to drive, it's got the 6 speed auto in it, was originally looking for a manual but that 6 speed auto is the poo poo.

I'm an Australian Bogan now though :(

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Rudager posted:

Quite nice to drive, it's got the 6 speed auto in it, was originally looking for a manual but that 6 speed auto is the poo poo.

drat, that is a great looking car, congrats!

Tap
Apr 12, 2003

Note to self: Do not shove foreign objects in mouth.
Just chiming in to show you guys what I've had the pleasure of driving for the past 6 months:

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rudager posted:

Seems to be missing a badge.

Tap posted:

Just chiming in to show you guys what I've had the pleasure of driving for the past 6 months:

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

The car looks pretty happy about it as well.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Seems to be missing a badge.

Yeah, I looked at the turbos, but my driving habits are 10 mins to work and back, and cruising country highways, and I'm boring.

The ZF 6 speed box in it though gives it a nice get up and go.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Csixtyfour posted:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

1986 Rustang 5.0, been searching for a solid four eyed fox for a few months. Found one last week about 3 hours from my house. Drove it home in 20 degree weather with both windows down, due to a slight exhaust leak :rolleyes:. Very solid car, just needs paint and a lot of tlc. Had a 86 5.0 in high school, froze my rear end off with no radio and was smiling the whole time driving that three eyed battle axe home last week.

First car I bought was a terrible '86 5.0, loved that car.

Also the GT seats in these are my favorite Mustang seats ever. (other than the SVO seats)

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 23, 2010

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

First car I bought was a terrible '86 5.0, loved that car.

Also the GT seats in these are my favorite Mustang seats ever. (other than the SVO seats)

More pictures:
http://s703.photobucket.com/albums/ww38/jr6676/

I'll do a thread sometime next week after I start putting it back together. Ordered a pile of parts Sunday night(wife is going to kill me when the credit card bill shows up)

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Rudager posted:

Canberra boy? That shop looks familiar. Nice ride!

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

abigserve posted:

Canberra boy? That shop looks familiar. Nice ride!

Nah, about 1000km to the north west of Canberra, out where all the twisty country roads are :D (I save them for 2 wheel shenanigans though)

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

Rudager posted:

Welcome to the club! New memberships come with a Lowes discount coupon and a free letter o to add to the end of your name.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009
I actually waxed my car yesterday and with the blackouts on the rear installed it looks like this now

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

EDIT: Can't find a way to delete attachments?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Evilpiggie posted:

Paying 3500 for any car with that kind of mileage is deal. What's your beef?

Since you used kilometers instead of miles I'm going to assume you live in a country where that was a good deal. In America a 1997 v6 Mustang, regardless of miles, is worth $1500 tops.

Make sure to get the compression checked as the head gaskets like to pop in those cars. You should also check the intake manifold for cracks.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

frozenphil posted:

You didn't look hard enough. The fox body cars have almost as many restoration parts available as the early Mustangs.

Didn't have the cash to buy a new one from 5.0 Resto at the time :)

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Wamsutta posted:

Well my issues were caused by a totally FUBAR'd Chinese knockoff header whose flexpipe had collapsed. I got a new Comptech header last June and it's been smooth sailing since. I'm still on the Comptech/Hondata ECU reflash since I'm just running the "stock" 5 pounds of boost. If I ever decide to raise that I'll be getting a K-Pro first!

Whenever you're ready to bite the bullet on a new pulley or injectors or a k pro lemme know. I've been a vendor with ct and hondata for a while.

JOIN ME IN THE 300HP REALM

Parabellum
Feb 26, 2004
Si Vis Pace

Setanta posted:

My '64 EH Holden - a little bit worse for wear as she has a few cancer spots, but I'm slowly filling the garage with replacement panels and reproduction parts to fix that. Currently running a 202 red motor but soon to receive an original 179 with a later model EFI head and fuel injection or a Nissan RB30.

Easiest car in the world to work on - I love it.

Quoting this from downtown, whats the front suspension/hub pattern? HR or did you go with the HK stub axle and dual circuit brakes?

My EJ is way back in this thread like sadnessboner's, mine is definitely the roughest of the lot though! Bit of a mutant too, its got EH front panels and Torana/HQ/Commodore bits in it all over the place.
Its got a set of 14" Sampsons, tyres are really easy to get for them unlike my old 13x8" chromies. The Sampsons themselves though, were not..

Its due for HQ brakes, more paintwork and a new motor soon :). Hopefully it can look as good as yours one day!

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose

Click here for the full 750x362 image.

2002 Toyota Celica GT, automatic.

Click here for the full 750x405 image.

1999 Chevrolet Blazer, automatic as well.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Nov. 27 09

Click here for the full 604x340 image.

Current

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

nerdrum posted:

Whenever you're ready to bite the bullet on a new pulley or injectors or a k pro lemme know. I've been a vendor with ct and hondata for a while.

JOIN ME IN THE 300HP REALM

Wow, that looks like it was drawn with a ruler.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Just picked this up Last thursday from a dealer two hours away. 07 rx-8 GT

I'll post as soon as I flood the engine

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oneiric posted:

Nov. 27 09

Click here for the full 604x340 image.

Current

What happened?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

Contraband posted:

Wow, that looks like it was drawn with a ruler.

It helps having one of the best tuners on the east coast tune your car, but even a basemap is going to be that linear and "un-honda" like.