Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Got the GS500 back, finally a picture of both my bikes together.
It was kind if weird riding the GS again, much less powerful than the CBR but felt a little lighter on it's feat, also I was crazy and rode it home in quite a downpour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Drache posted:

But anyway, it's an 06 1000RR and, my god, is it so much fun to ride. While I was on the way home I was loving freezing but I had the biggest poo poo eating grin on my face the entire way. I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can get out on it full time. And, despite what some friends have suggested, I plan on keeping the Woody Woodpecker decals on there because I find them hilariously awesome.

This is exactly what happened to me when I rode my Fireblade for the first time. Freezing my rear end off (I actually didn't realize it until I pulled over) with a huge smile on my face. One of the funnest bikes ever made.

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
God I'd love to have a sauna in the garage.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

O'riginal posted:

That's loving gorgeous! :circlefap:

Are those OEM hardbags?

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

That's loving gorgeous! :circlefap:

Are those OEM hardbags?

I guess I shoulda explained a little bit.

Nope, they're not OEM. They're Champion hardbags.

And yeah, I'd like to have a sauna in my garage, too. In fact, I'd love to just have a garage at the moment.

This photo is of the bike I'm picking up tomorrow. The garage it's in as of today is heated, five stalls large (actually it's a metal shed, not attached to the home). The guy is buying a brand new bike just like this one; his wife owns a 2010 Yamaha Roadliner, dressed out to the max; it's almost too pretty. He has a boat or two, with large Yamaha motors ... as you might guess, he's a Yamaha fan. A very well-off fan.

I am very lucky to have found this bike, in this condition. Last summer, I demolished my garage; this summer I will replace it, with a single-stall plus a motorcycle storage area :)

edited to add the maker of the hardbags.

O'riginal fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 26, 2010

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

O'riginal posted:

That thing is WAY too shiny. You need to take it out and get some real mud on it! :)

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe

Tsaven Nava posted:

That thing is WAY too shiny. You need to take it out and get some real mud on it! :)

Tomorrow! Ice/snow/salt, probably no mud this time of year. It's been too long since I've been on a bike, can't wait!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

My new purchase. It's my son's birthday present; he turns 4 in April. I picked it up for the princely sum of $300, running.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My new purchase. It's my son's birthday present; he turns 4 in April. I picked it up for the princely sum of $300, running.

I wish you'd been my dad.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Wanna mail you a "World's Best Dad" coffee cup. Buy him an account so he can post in CA.

Bind
Sep 11, 2001

eco-terrorist
My F800GS two days out on a month long hobo adventure journey across the US last Sept. Love the bike and yes the seat is actually pretty comfortable for those touring days (most asked question I get from other riders). Posting because it's been in the garage all winter and has been very lonely.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Bind fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 27, 2010

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Bind posted:

My F800GS two days out on a month long hobo adventure journey across the US last Sept. Love the bike and yes the seat is actually pretty comfortable for those touring days (most asked question I get from other riders). Posting because it's been in the garage all winter and has been very lonely.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

You ever make a trip report? I'm in love with the 800GS; would you buy again?

Bind
Sep 11, 2001

eco-terrorist
Buy again? Yes. Have yet to do the same with a 1200GS or anything so I can't make that type of comparison, however I did beat one in a race in the mountains up in Montana :)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Motorcycle hobos are the best hobos. You haven't lived till you've slept in a gas station parking lot.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ola posted:

Wanna mail you a "World's Best Dad" coffee cup. Buy him an account so he can post in CA.

His birthday is April Fool's, so I'm going to just give him something little and crappy on his birthday. Then on Easter, when the whole family is over, I'm going to ask him to come get something with me from the garage. After looking around for a minute or so, I'll tell him to look under the blue tarp for it, and BAM! DIRT BIKE!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
You're awesome.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Bucephalus posted:

You're awesome.

emptyquoting this

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

Snowing nonstop 'til next Saturday. :(

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
I feel your pain, dude.

Sweaty Palms
Jan 11, 2010

Its not me.
Its YOU!

elsanto posted:

Picking this up Wednesday if I can plow through the GIANT loving PILES OF SNOW to get to the bike shop. I don't know if I can take another month of this poo poo.

Shame they got rid of that bike (FZ6) for 2010 in the US. The FZ6R is a lesser bike IMHO.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

shaitan posted:

I feel your pain, dude.

didn't stop me

man up, bitches!

Mathturbator
Oct 12, 2004
Funny original quote

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

didn't stop me

man up, bitches!

What's with the piece of wood? Sidestand support for your make-believe show, hm? ;)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

didn't stop me

man up, bitches!

Nice hand guards.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Top of a Big rear end hill just East of Naco, AZ on the Border Road.

Armacham fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 1, 2010

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Armacham posted:

Pics

Is that an LA Police Gear Bug-Out bag? I've got the same exact thing.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Is that an LA Police Gear Bug-Out bag? I've got the same exact thing.

Yep! Makes a good back rest for long trips when its loaded with stuff, and the other luggage is full

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
Scenic overlook on Park Road 4, Kingsland TX

It's not a really great shot by any means, but I like how far off into the distance you can see.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Bike current status: Dusty and sad :(

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Raven457 posted:

It's not a really great shot by any means, but I like how far off into the distance you can see.

I ride right past there on 281 heading to San Antonio. Any favorite roads I should check out next time I'm in the area?

edit: Is that looking towards marble falls?

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 3, 2010

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Raven457 posted:

For a half-second there I was like OMG YOUR HAAAAAIR

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

blugu64 posted:

I ride right past there on 281 heading to San Antonio. Any favorite roads I should check out next time I'm in the area?

edit: Is that looking towards marble falls?

Willow City Loop, near Eckert and Willow City, off 16 and FM1323. The road runs through a bunch of privately owned ranch land, so there are cattle guard crossings in the road and free roaming livestock (cattle, llama). FM1323 from just north of Johnson City all the way over to 16 looks nice too, but I have not ridden it yet, it just looks fairly scenic from seeing it on the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...116901&t=h&z=13

Park Road 4 is a nice run too, if you have time. Point "B" is where the overlook pull off can be found. The view is a bit more southwesterly, so not quite towards Marble Falls.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...116901&t=h&z=13

Raven457 fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 3, 2010

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
I may have put a picture of my Scrambler in the Triumph Classics thread, but I don't think I've ever posted it here.

It's not the fastest, most comfortable, or most capable, but god drat I love this motorcycle.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
The original supermoto ;)

Very nice bike, I love that parallel twin engine they use. Character for days.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Watommi posted:

I may have put a picture of my Scrambler in the Triumph Classics thread, but I don't think I've ever posted it here.

It's not the fastest, most comfortable, or most capable, but god drat I love this motorcycle.

Not gonna lie, a murdered out Scrambler like yours is probably my personal best looking motorcycle. If I had the cash to spare and didn't completely abuse and beat to poo poo everything I owned I'd pick one up in a minute.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
My bikes :3: Still need to put the rear number plates on the ktm and to get a license plate. Took one day on a motard to pet pulled over where as I went a few weeks on my ninja 250, and my ducati without plates without even a second glance.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

My bikes :3: Still need to put the rear number plates on the ktm and to get a license plate. Took one day on a motard to pet pulled over where as I went a few weeks on my ninja 250, and my ducati without plates without even a second glance.

Looks like your KTM isn't house broken.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Zool posted:

Looks like your KTM isn't house broken.

Na they do that when they get excited

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

This is a bizzaro land version of my bikes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

This is a bizzaro land version of my bikes!

Just a poor mans version of Spiff. both are loads of fun :dance: