Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

laymil posted:

Blue is the best color. Do you have the matching base layer too?

Being a hardcore goon, his skin is pale blue so yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningGlory
Sep 26, 2005

Heaven knows we'll soon be dust.
College Slice

cmorrow001 posted:

Wanted to say I just picked up an AGV GP Tech and it's the nicest helmet I've ever owned. (I used to own a Shoei X-11 and 2 Arai RX-7s)

The fit and finish is second to none. Definitely go try one on if you have a chance.

Also, it looks bad rear end with black on black.

How does the ventilation compare to the X-11?

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

MourningGlory posted:

How does the ventilation compare to the X-11?

To be honest, I've never ridden with one on. I'll post up in a few weeks (months) when it's warm enough to ride and let you know.

If definitely doesn't have as many adjustable vents but we'll see. I've heard it's pretty good.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Ola posted:

Being a hardcore goon, his skin is pale blue so yes.

Actually I'm kinda spotty.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Nerobro posted:

Actually I'm kinda spotty.

orange and blue are complimentary colors (Babelfish for europeans: Orange and blue are complimentary coloueuyrs).

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Nerobro posted:

I am all blue

We need to get someone else going to the Apr 24-25 trackday at Autobahn to dress completely in red. Then I'll be in yellow and with you in blue, we'll have the primary colors! :D

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

We need to get someone else going to the Apr 24-25 trackday at Autobahn to dress completely in red. Then I'll be in yellow and with you in blue, we'll have the Power Rangers! :D

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I got my Tour Master Elite Gloves in the mail today. I won't get a chance to test them out for a few months, but I can tell you they are the softest gloves I've ever felt out of the box. They're nice and thick and go almost up to my elbow. I wonder how snug they'll be over my jacket, though. They're a little loose over my winter coat, but I think my Olympia AST is a little bigger in the arms.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Uthor posted:

I got my Tour Master Elite Gloves in the mail today. I won't get a chance to test them out for a few months, but I can tell you they are the softest gloves I've ever felt out of the box. They're nice and thick and go almost up to my elbow. I wonder how snug they'll be over my jacket, though. They're a little loose over my winter coat, but I think my Olympia AST is a little bigger in the arms.

I lost a pair of those somewhere in northern British Columbia. They're excellent gloves, but the "Waterproof" claim is slightly dubious. Then again, I find all manufacture's idea of "waterproof" is different then my idea of it, so take it with a grain of salt.

Also, I wore them with an Olympia Phantom suit, which is the one-piece version of your AST. The gloves fit over the cuffs just fine.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I kind of want to get my power ranger on this season. The gear I currently have is pretty much at the limit of too big (edge to edge on the velcro on the waist adjusters and the pants are probably starting to get a tad too baggy). I'm also kind of sick of having black gear due to the low visibility and slight miserable nature during the summer :( I also feel kind of like a dork wearing all textile gear on a sportbike haha

I just hope that some place in town stocks some stuff this year. The one shop I used to go to seems to have closed recently :(

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Tsaven Nava posted:

I lost a pair of those somewhere in northern British Columbia. They're excellent gloves, but the "Waterproof" claim is slightly dubious. Then again, I find all manufacture's idea of "waterproof" is different then my idea of it, so take it with a grain of salt.

I have long taken issue with most manufacturers concept of waterproof. I have been a master level scuba diver for too long not to know what waterproof means. While I know it most certainly doesn't mean water tight(ie. cuffs, neck, etc) It most certainly needs to mean that the majority of body parts covered (chest and arms, groin and legs, etc) should stay dry no matter the amount of rain/road spray/mud etc. encountered. My Teknic jacket and Olympia pants have done me very well. As for boots and gloves I have yet to find something truly waterproof. Would love to hear what people have found that don't also cost an arm and a leg.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

shipwrek posted:

I have long taken issue with most manufacturers concept of waterproof.
thank god someone agrees with me. if i can't ride in "waterproof" gear for more than an hour without getting waterlogged, it's NOT loving WATERPROOF. seems like every manufacturer lies about this poo poo. but at least rain suits aren't expensive.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

thank god someone agrees with me. if i can't ride in "waterproof" gear for more than an hour without getting waterlogged, it's NOT loving WATERPROOF. seems like every manufacturer lies about this poo poo. but at least rain suits aren't expensive.

Exactly. I've yet to find some "waterproof" gloves that won't end up sopping wet after anything more then a short rainshower. I think that the only way to actually have dry hands is either snowmobile-style full hand covers, or rubber over-gloves.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
I'm starting to build my mighty morphin outfit for my blue 2002 Yamaha R6. Matching the colors of the bike would be nice, but safety is more important to me. I prefer leather and the price for Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 Leather Sport Pants seems about right. ($195) Anyone use these before?

http://www.newenough.com/street/protective_apparel/leather_jackets_and_pants/joe_rocket/blaster_2_leather_motorcycle_sport_pants.html

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 1, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Crayvex posted:

I'm starting to build my mighty morphin outfit for my blue 2002 Yamaha R6. Matching the colors of the bike would be nice, but safety is more important to me. I prefer leather and the price for Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 Leather Sport Pants seems about right. ($195) Anyone use these before?

http://www.newenough.com/street/protective_apparel/leather_jackets_and_pants/joe_rocket/blaster_2_leather_motorcycle_sport_pants.html

I have a friend who has a pair of those and loves them. Fit on leathers in general can be a little particular, but new enough has a good return policy.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I've started building my off road gear collection and am having issues finding helmets. Nothing fits...I tried on every small/xs adult dirt helmet and every large/xl youth helmet and they all felt like crap. Either loose so they could slide back and forth a inch or full of pressure points.

I size street helmets so they are tight and don't move around much at all. Am I wrong in expecting to fit dirt helmets the same way? I can see if they would be more likely to allow the helmet to shift forward or backward but it seems like everyone designed them to be torture devices full of pressure points.

I've tried on everything at cycle gear with no luck. The one dirt helmet at the duc/ktm/bmw/aprilia shop fit best so far but still not happy with the fit. I wear a Arai RX-7 Corsair on the street if that helps. Looking for tips on fit and what to look for.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Crayvex posted:

I have been wearing a pair of these (well, the fully perforated model) for the last couple years and would give them a 4/5 stars. The price is definitely right, and they are drat comfortable. Only issue is they definitely aren't last the rest of your life quality put together. The crotch in mine is starting to come apart.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Tsaven Nava posted:

Exactly. I've yet to find some "waterproof" gloves that won't end up sopping wet after anything more then a short rainshower. I think that the only way to actually have dry hands is either snowmobile-style full hand covers, or rubber over-gloves.

I've found that the TourMaster Winter Elite 2s with the zip out rain covers that turn them into turtle gloves are crazy waterproof. Kept my hands warm in all-day rain a couple of times.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Am I breaking some unwritten biker law by wearing leather pants with a textile jacket?

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009

Crayvex posted:

Am I breaking some unwritten biker law by wearing leather pants with a textile jacket?

I often wear textile pants with a leather jacket. I absolve you of all sins committed by doing the opposite.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
Does anyone have a spare Joe Rocket 8" jacket-side connector zipper? I lost the one that came with my pants and would really like to zip my jacket to my pants. I'll pay a few bucks over shipping for it.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

PlasticSun posted:

I've found that the TourMaster Winter Elite 2s with the zip out rain covers that turn them into turtle gloves are crazy waterproof. Kept my hands warm in all-day rain a couple of times.

I had the exact, complete, 100% opposite experience with those exact gloves, I wore them all the way through Canada. I think that zip-out cover was designed more to be windproof then anything else, because it was SERIOUSLY not waterproof. I would have loved it if it was, those gloves would have been perfect.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Crayvex posted:

I do this and I don't think there's any law you're breaking other than the law of not looking absolutely loving ridiculous

Tsaven Nava posted:

I had the exact, complete, 100% opposite experience with those exact gloves, I wore them all the way through Canada. I think that zip-out cover was designed more to be windproof then anything else, because it was SERIOUSLY not waterproof. I would have loved it if it was, those gloves would have been perfect.

I went skiing in mine and they stayed nice and dry even after I ate it pretty nicely. I wouldn't expect them or any of my other gear to hold up to a proper rainstorm though.

redscare fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 2, 2010

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

pr0zac posted:

Does anyone have a spare Joe Rocket 8" jacket-side connector zipper? I lost the one that came with my pants and would really like to zip my jacket to my pants. I'll pay a few bucks over shipping for it.

I might, but I won't be able to check until the weekend. Remind me Friday.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Well it's nice to see Icon jackets have come down in price.

http://www.newenough.com/street/protective_apparel/leather_jackets_and_pants/icon/death_or_glory_victory_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

....holy hell.

Question: During the summer it gets easily over 100 degrees. Wearing a leather jacket and pants it's safe to assume you're going to sweat in them. What's the best way to go about washing them? Remove pads and throw them into the washer on gentle or what?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Whiteboy posted:

....holy hell.

Question: During the summer it gets easily over 100 degrees. Wearing a leather jacket and pants it's safe to assume you're going to sweat in them. What's the best way to go about washing them? Remove pads and throw them into the washer on gentle or what?

Maybe look into getting some heavily vented textile gear?

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Febreeze will get you by for a while. You can also gently spot wash it with warm soapy water. Don't drench or soak the whole garment, but go over it with something like a wet towel. Other than that you pretty much have to get leathers cleaned by a professional. Putting any leather gear into the washer will ruin it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Underarmor is your friend...it'll soak up sweat and prevent it from stinking up your gear.

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
I wish I was superman and could just ride my drat bike naked.

Shiales
Dec 21, 2006

Whiteboy posted:

I wish I was superman and could just ride my drat bike naked.
Or you could, y'know, just fly around instead.

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

Shiales posted:

Or you could, y'know, just fly around instead.

I'd imagine sometimes you'd be tired of flying and would like to relax and take the old bike out for a spin.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I can see it now, superman middle aged, a bit of a gut and a long beard. "Yeah after 9/11 is just total bullshit man, can't even leap a building without filing a flight plan two weeks in advance. So I just said gently caress it and got this mint '04 Ultra Glide. Got all the bells and whistles."

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

What about perforated leather pants, anyone wear these during very warm weather?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I have perforated leathers I wear in the summer sometimes and I really like 'em. They fit well and are about as warm as wearing just jeans when moving. They're a tad warmer than just jeans at a stand still.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Maybe you missed this?

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=2&L3=108&L4=109&item=PAR_2810-1805_G&esrc=vidi1

CycleGear posted:

You want to have Icon Attitude? You can have it and join an elite club when riding with your Victory Metal God Jacket. A limited edition of only 100 hand-signed jackets has been produced, each one embellished with 125 skulls (most of which are custom cast metal), a hand-stitched chest & back, and unmatched protection. It costs just $1,200 to join this exclusive club and wear Icon's work of art - but hurry, availability is EXTREMELY LIMITED!

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Christ that description. Who is it hand signed by, the metal god?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Gnaghi posted:

Christ that description. Who is it hand signed by, the metal god?
I figure that's gotta be Ronnie James Dio...

...or Jack Black.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

At least you'll spark up nicely when you slide down the road...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Z3n posted:

At least you'll spark up nicely when you slide down the road...

...Is it wrong I hope I get to see a video of this happening?