Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There does not seem to be a limit on voting? ABUSE THIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It is[/ heartening to be able to vote for Shel Silverstein against Twilight.

Marchegiana
Jan 31, 2006

. . . Bitch.

The Remote Viewer posted:

That's perverse. I don't think I'd let a Nickelodeon-watching child listen to Lady Gaga.

So yeah, my kids are 7 and 4 and love both Nickelodeon and Lady Gaga. :ohdear: At least I know they have no idea what the songs are about, and it is really cute to hear my 4 year old sing "oohhhhhhh why you a bad row man". Plus it's not like I actually bought the album for them or anything. Even still there are a whole slew of songs I won't let them listen to, Teeth and Love Game come immediately to mind.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Marchegiana posted:

So yeah, my kids are 7 and 4 and love both Nickelodeon and Lady Gaga. :ohdear: At least I know they have no idea what the songs are about, and it is really cute to hear my 4 year old sing "oohhhhhhh why you a bad row man". Plus it's not like I actually bought the album for them or anything. Even still there are a whole slew of songs I won't let them listen to, Teeth and Love Game come immediately to mind.

Well you should make sure that your kids learn that no matter what happens, if they just dance then everything will be okay.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
My first album that I remember loving was TLC's "CrazySexyCool" when I was like 7-8 years old; I didn't lend any special meaning to the lyrics about sex or whatever probably because I just thought it was a Gross And Boring Thing Adults Did (like eating non-sugary cereal), and it did nothing to screw me up mentally I promise.

Basically don't tell your kids what a disco stick is and you should be fine

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Lady Gaga is perfect for children, yall are crazy. Bright colors, moving shapes, kids love that poo poo. They should let her do a week of sesame street.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.
My kid (10 yr old girl) loves Gaga. It's somewhat of a relief to me because she sometimes gets poo poo from her peers for not loving Queen Miley and the rest of the Disney pop music factory. She is quite vocal about her distaste for all things Hannah Montana, so it's good that now she can counter those arguments with "well at least Lady Gaga writes her own music." :smug:

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Basically don't tell your kids what a disco stick is and you should be fine

Also this.

Ronnie Spector
Dec 4, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

appleskates posted:

She is quite vocal about her distaste for all things Hannah Montana, so it's good that now she can counter those arguments with "well at least Lady Gaga writes her own music." :smug:

Haha how can you like Lady Gaga and not realize how silly this preoccupation with authenticity is.

Anyway I think Lady Gaga is a great role model for young girls. Maybe not pre-teens but as soon as they start thinking about sex here's a sexually assertive woman who nevertheless is not defined by her sexuality and doesn't subjugate herself to the male gaze for approval.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

appleskates posted:

My kid (10 yr old girl) loves Gaga. It's somewhat of a relief to me because she sometimes gets poo poo from her peers for not loving Queen Miley and the rest of the Disney pop music factory. She is quite vocal about her distaste for all things Hannah Montana, so it's good that now she can counter those arguments with "well at least Lady Gaga writes her own music." :smug:

Also this.

I remember hearing Miley admit she doesn't write her own music when she was asked what Jay-Z songs she likes (he's mentioned in her hit song Party in the USA) and she said she doesn't listen to him and it was the songwriters idea not hers. Also I know there's a picture out there of Miley and Gaga and I remember how funny it is because Gaga purposely looks like she is totally disinterested

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Also I know there's a picture out there of Miley and Gaga and I remember how funny it is because Gaga purposely looks like she is totally disinterested

Is this it?

Haha, that's great. :)

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

But when turning her head at an extreme angle fails to produce a life-altering epiphany, she usually just short-circuits and rolls on her back.

Xguard86 posted:

Lady Gaga is perfect for children, yall are crazy. Bright colors, moving shapes, kids love that poo poo. They should let her do a week of sesame street.

I concur. This would make up for the complete bullshit "political correctness" quest that Sesame Street has been running on the last few years, and restore my faith in children's television as a whole.

In other news, I came across this today whilst perusing various Gaga remixes (though it took me forever to find a copy of it that wasn't screaming "hi, this video has a download link" all over the loving title)

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Scuba_Steve posted:

popmusic.jpg

Seriously, that is loving awesome.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Scuba_Steve posted:

Is this it?

Haha, that's great. :)

Jesus gently caress, she's a hideous ghoul.

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

Xguard86 posted:

I would watch the hell out of that.

Hammsturabi
Dec 25, 2003
Law 54: If a house collapses, and the owners hamster should die, the builders hamster shall be put to death.

Happy Hippo posted:

Jesus gently caress, she's a hideous ghoul.

Which one?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
I enjoy listening to Lady Gaga because I can pretend really hot girls are into me and singing the songs. Also she is pretty cute herself although she has lost some weight recently. Not good.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I remember hearing Miley admit she doesn't write her own music when she was asked what Jay-Z songs she likes (he's mentioned in her hit song Party in the USA) and she said she doesn't listen to him and it was the songwriters idea not hers.

the classy thing to do would be to get a Jay-Z greatest hits, listen to the tracks, pick your favorite and then just say that. Or, if you've got to think quick, just pick whatever song you've heard on the radio, and say that one. I mean just put in the slightest effort.

Miley Cyrus (the brand) really is the loving worst. I watched the party in the USA video and it was terrible. Not in the music snob way, but something deeper. You can tell that none of the choreography is her idea, and that she has been coached on how to look sexy to an insane degree, more than any other pop-star I have ever seen. Its so robotic and forced, its actually more disturbing than Lady Gaga trying to be creepy.

Sure poo poo like Taylor Swift or Keesha isn't great, but at least their stuff has some part of their personality and they have the personal charisma to make it work. Miley Cyrus is a loving dancing puppet and it weirds me out.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
Counterpoint: party in the USA is an awesome song

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

helsabot posted:

Counterpoint: party in the USA is an awesome song
YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Content: uh, here.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Eh, it can be improved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg2eqe8Tq0A

(please, someone put this on a mixtape and see how quickly someone notices)

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I was on the phone talking to my mom today, telling her about me and a friend of mine going to school in Nashville trying to get tickets for Gaga if she comes near us when she tours back in the US.

She told me to call her when we find out so she can get tickets too. :3:

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
I think this is the height of what Party in the USA can be made to achieve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENYsanXR0pQ

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

Nova Bizzare posted:

You're probably right, however its still awful.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Nova Bizzare posted:

I won't lie, this is pretty loving sweet.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
Shouldn't the video by out by now :smith:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Turkeybone posted:

Shouldn't the video by out by now :smith:

ladygaga

Telephone is coming I promise! Still editing. I want it to be perfect. The Haus has dubbed her a "masterpiece."
about 1 hours ago via web

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scattered Brain posted:

ladygaga

Telephone is coming I promise! Still editing. I want it to be perfect. The Haus has dubbed her a "masterpiece."
about 1 hours ago via web

I concur. I saw it on facebook.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Gaga Daily says the video is confirmed for the first week of March, probably the weekend.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
New european tour dates, copy&paste from GaGa Daily

May 07 – Stockholm, SW / Globe Arena / On sale: Mar 5
May 10 – Hamburg, DE / Colorline Arena / On sale: Mar 12
May 11 – Berlin, DE / O2 Arena / On sale: Mar 12
May 15 – Arnhem, NL / Gelredome / On sale: Mar 6
May 17 – Antwerp, BE / Sportspaleis / On sale: Mar 5
May 21 – Paris, FR / Bercy / On sale: Mar 8
May 24 – Oberhausen, DE / Arena / On sale: Mar 12
May 27 – Nottingham, UK / Arena / *Rescheduled Event
May 28 – Birmingham, UK / LG Arena / On sale: Mar 12
May 30 – London, UK / O2 Arena / On sale: Mar 12
Jun 02 – Manchester, UK / MEN Arena / On sale: Mar 12
Jun 04 – Sheffield, UK / Arena *Rescheduled Event

I'm almost sure I'll go to the Stockholm show. Too bad she's not playing in Copenhagen, it's a bit closer.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

So reading the article on GagaDaily it said she's coming back to North America in June for a 30 city tour. I also noticed that Live Nation is in charge of the tour. I have heard really bad thongs about Live Nation but have never had to deal with them personally. It was nice when she was with Ticketmaster but is a high rear end ticket price for good seats a given? I mean I paid $220 for the Hot Seat which was totally worth it since we got to go in early AND I got a pair of Heartbeats for it. I am just dreading paying even more for great seats.

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I have heard really bad thongs about Live Nation

No, I hear Live Nation have pretty good thongs.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Doctor Claw posted:

No, I hear Live Nation have pretty good thongs.

Bah drat you iPhone keyboard!!!

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Bah drat you iPhone keyboard!!!
I convur

Might have to get Manchester tickets god drat you gaga

beadgc
Jun 11, 2005
bass
I'm glad that the only show she is doing in Scandinavia ended up being in Sweden.

Any news on the uncensored album? I want to buy the physical record, not download it.

Atargatis
Mar 23, 2007

run, run
her kiss is a vampire grin
Now I have to wait until June?! I had tickets to Sheffield! :argh: :emo:

edit: I'm actually really upset :(

Atargatis fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Mar 1, 2010

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobϊs!

euromyne posted:

Now I have to wait until June?! I had tickets to Sheffield! :argh: :emo:

edit: I'm actually really upset :(

God, me too :(. I was really, really looking forward to this weekend! A friend I'm going with called me while I was out at dinner for another friend's birthday and told me the news. I was super sad the rest of the night and it wasn't the same after I heard :emo:.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Xguard86 posted:

Sure poo poo like Taylor Swift or Keesha isn't great, but at least their stuff has some part of their personality and they have the personal charisma to make it work. Miley Cyrus is a loving dancing puppet and it weirds me out.

Taylor Swift, maybe. She sings songs about being a teenager in high school and at one time, she WAS a teenager in high school, so... OK.

Kesha, however, you might want to rethink. Read up on her a bit. She is a complete blank canvas of a person, free to be painted with whatever image whoever is representing her wishes, whether that be a downhome southern girl, a borderline-Christian acoustic folk singer or her current incarnation as whatever she is (a lukewarm, less "weird" Lady Gaga impersonator).

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
Hey! Tik Tok is a lot of fun, you haters! :mad:

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008
No, it's just a bad Just Dance and Love at First Sight rip-off :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Tik Tok is one of the most irritating pop songs I've heard recently, no way. That and the Bedrock song by Young Money or whoever the group is officially called

Kesha will disappear forever in 14 minutes though, which is consolation.

• Locked thread