Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

nerdrum posted:

Whenever you're ready to bite the bullet on a new pulley or injectors or a k pro lemme know. I've been a vendor with ct and hondata for a while.

JOIN ME IN THE 300HP REALM

Just so you know that dyno has been known to spit out somewhat inflated numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

kill me now posted:

Just so you know that dyno has been known to spit out somewhat inflated numbers.

The car made 312 on Forcefed's dyno and it made 307 on danny's dyno at HPI. I'd say it's a pretty well calibrated dyno.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

nerdrum posted:

It helps having one of the best tuners on the east coast tune your car, but even a basemap is going to be that linear and "un-honda" like.

The NSX engine itself is stock pretty un-Honda like torque wise, but that is a great plot there.

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

Rhyno posted:

What happened?

Just wanted new paint. Lots of road damage and little spots here and there.
Keeping it stock Toyota 202 black

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
Here's a few nice shots of my Genesis Coupe (3.8, MT) from a get together on 2/21. Mine's the silver one in both pics:

There were 25+ coupes on that drive.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

PXJ800 posted:

Here's a few nice shots of my Genesis Coupe (3.8, MT) from a get together on 2/21. Mine's the silver one in both pics:

There were 25+ coupes on that drive.

Arr rook same!

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.
edit: wrong thread

ynotony fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 2, 2010

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

PXJ800 posted:

Here's a few nice shots of my Genesis Coupe (3.8, MT) from a get together on 2/21.

Very nice! I just recently saw a red Genesis Coupe up close in person. Very good looking cars. How do you like it?

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

Previa_fun posted:

Very nice! I just recently saw a red Genesis Coupe up close in person. Very good looking cars. How do you like it?

I'm only up to 2000 miles but I'm loving it. The 3.8 came standard with more creature comforts than I'm used to, and I like the interior. It doesn't corner quite as well or feel as one with the road as the 944 I traded it in for, but it's very fast. It's still relatively tight, it feels comparable to a 350Z. (I haven't driven the 370.) I think better tires will help it stick more. It came with Bridgestone Potenza all-seasons and right now the rear end end is a little quick to go sideways.

I can't wait until spring hits and I can really enjoy it. I'm still a little hesitant to drive it all-out with the roads all mucked up, it feels like it could get away from me much easier than my 944, which could be driven balls-out all the time thanks to the whopping 150 horses and wide summer tires. With more than double that HP, I need a day at autocross to sort everything out. But yeah, this car rocks pretty hard.

One more - under the hood. I told myself the monthly payment was going to supplant constant tinkering on the 944, but now I'm getting the itch for a cold air intake and maybe exhaust:

PCJ-600 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 2, 2010

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

PXJ800 posted:

It's nice to see an engine which isn't completely covered in plastic for once.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

It's nice to see an engine which isn't completely covered in plastic for once.

My thoughts exactly. Also the white genesis with black wheels at the tail end of your second picture is making me really want a genesis coupe. White cars + Black rims/tint always gets me excited though.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Trintintin posted:

My thoughts exactly. Also the white genesis with black wheels at the tail end of your second picture is making me really want a genesis coupe. White cars + Black rims/tint always gets me excited though.

I like the little lip spoiler too, suits the car nicely. Be nice if we got these cars in Oz =\

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

-Spiffy- posted:

I like the little lip spoiler too, suits the car nicely. Be nice if we got these cars in Oz =\

I've called Hyundai a couple of times and told them I will buy one of these things if they bring it here.

Meanwhile, This is the state of my current ride but I've got the cash to fix start work soon. I'm just waiting on parts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tobu posted:

I've called Hyundai a couple of times and told them I will buy one of these things if they bring it here.

Meanwhile, This is the state of my current ride but I've got the cash to fix start work soon. I'm just waiting on parts.

What happened to the Skyline?

NOT NOW GRANDPA
Dec 6, 2005

The 86 - Stripped timing belt! :argh:
Fulfilling the role of innertube transportation device in better days.

The 84 - Leaking radiator! :argh:

The cursed Audi! - Blown headgasket :argh:

I am in German Car Hell and for some reason I want to stay here.

NOT NOW GRANDPA fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 5, 2010

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
Broken or not, 944s are so goddamn pretty, almost timelessly so

NOT NOW GRANDPA
Dec 6, 2005

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Broken or not, 944s are so goddamn pretty, almost timelessly so

Oh I agree. They are so pleasing to look at. It makes it worth the the money and breaking :unsmith:

Well that and the near driving perfection. (well, about 100hp short of driving perfection anyways)

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

-Spiffy- posted:

Aren't they selling them here? I work across from the Hyundai Aus HQ and they had one in their lobby for aaaaaaaaaaaaages.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

You Am I posted:

What happened to the Skyline?

The short version is that I am an idiot.

The long story is that I lost control on a dirt road trying to avoid a rock that in hindsight would have done a lot less damage than the ditch I ended up in.

I've just ordered all the body new body panels(including a nismo front bar) - and I should hopefully have enough cash left over after the repairs to do some upgrades but I'm not sure what yet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

tobu posted:

The short version is that I am an idiot.

The long story is that I lost control on a dirt road trying to avoid a rock that in hindsight would have done a lot less damage than the ditch I ended up in.

I've just ordered all the body new body panels(including a nismo front bar) - and I should hopefully have enough cash left over after the repairs to do some upgrades but I'm not sure what yet.

Didn't you post a Youtube video of this?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Tobu, seeing pictures of the damage to your pretty, pretty car always makes me sad.

Glad to hear it'll be back on the roads soon, though.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Didn't you post a Youtube video of this?

I did indeed. It's taken me this long to save up the cash to get it fixed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iGgo4P9LqY

ExecuDork posted:

Glad to hear it'll be back on the roads soon, though.

I've been taking photos of the destruction and I'll be getting the body shop to take shots as they put it back together. I'll post a thread then.

Someone post their ride so we can stop focusing on me and my bad driving skills. :D

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Look at those big bits of hail:

You can imagine the damage it has done to the bonnet and roof of my Ford Laser :smith:

Gabby_Jay
Dec 14, 2000

Gör som vi
Till denna melodi

You Am I posted:

:smith:

:smith:

Ever since the 1999 hail storm that did major damage to Sydney's Eastern suburbs, the thought of hail scares the the poo poo out of me.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I've had it for a while, but I finally just did the title transfer yesterday so it's official. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash, 4.0l, 5-spd, 130k.

Pretty good shape overall, I replaced the MAF and now I think I need to do the O2 sensors, and the automatic hubs need replaced (going manual ones for sure), but otherwise it's a nice truck.

And what's having a truck without using it for truck stuff? I went to sears shortly after the title transfer and bought a new canopy for our rear deck (Currently on sale at Sears for $374.99 if anyone is looking)

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Was the 'Splash' edition of the Ranger just cosmetic? Wiki says the splash was just chrome wheels, flare sides and a possibly lowered stance. Was it more? I'm just curious, I've never seen a Splash Ranger or heard of them.

TheFrailNinja
Jun 28, 2008
CAN'T SEE SCHOOL BUS, INSISTS HE'S AN EXCELLENT DRIVER

GET OFF THE ROAD SON

APPARENTLY SUCKS AT POSTING TOO
I just noticed a "Splash" Ford Ranger for the first time yesterday or the day before. Funny how that happens.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Sir Nigel posted:

Was the 'Splash' edition of the Ranger just cosmetic? Wiki says the splash was just chrome wheels, flare sides and a possibly lowered stance. Was it more? I'm just curious, I've never seen a Splash Ranger or heard of them.

It also had a different front grill and some fruity graphics. I think that's it though.

Sabmo
May 7, 2009
Now that I've got a pair I guess they're worth posting here.

I guess I have a things for 9000s. And pain probably.

The black one is my pride and joy; a '94 Aero 5-speed. It's done 220,000 kms and runs like new thanks to a string of owners that have pampered the thing it's entire life. Basically, I loving love everything about it. If my resources grant me, i'll keep it as original as possible for as long as I can and just keep loving it.

The blue one is a '91 CS 2.3 Turbo auto I picked up for about US$280, with the intention of making it a bit of a project car. It's still a full-pressure turbo (200hp, 300nm) and is pretty much fully loaded minus heated seats and sunroof, and as a bonus, most of the stuff actually seems to work! According to the seller (who didn't know much about cars) there was something wrong with the crank sensor/starter motor/ignition system, but they all seem fine. It's had a pretty hard life (including an engine & transmission transplant at some point, and some obviously DIY work) so it's far from in perfect shape. So far I've flushed it, replaced the battery, gave it a good clean and got some holes in the exhaust welded. I now have to locate and fix a leak in the transmission lines and it should be good to go. I can foresee lots of things going wrong on this car very soon though, so I'll either sell it once road-legal or just run it into the ground. For fun.

Sabmo fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 7, 2010

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I can't wait for winter to be over.

Click here for the full 800x496 image.

Click here for the full 800x293 image.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Sir Nigel posted:

They were the trucks used on baywatch :eng101: That's all you need to know.

But no, I'm guessing it's pretty much a cosmetic package. I loved them when they first came out, so I'm happy to finally get one :)

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(

You better be part of the sled dog show, mister! :colbert:

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Scottw330 posted:

You better be part of the sled dog show, mister! :colbert:

No sign is going to stop me! I'm a rebel!

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

You Am I posted:

Look at those big bits of hail:

You can imagine the damage it has done to the bonnet and roof of my Ford Laser :smith:

I was out driving in it. The top of my Magna resembles a burgundy golf ball :(

ace0415
Jul 8, 2008
It's been a while since i've been on these threads, but since my last post on here i have had a few car changes.

So my '84 scirocco eventually started dying a slow, painful death and it wasn't worth putting money into because, well, it was basically a beater all the way around.

To make a long story short, we got my '83 rocco that i've had since middle school back from a shop that never fixed it and began taking the seized engine out of it so i could get the good engine from the '84 in there.

I think it's a wolfsburg since it has leather seats and came with a 1.8L engine, but many people disagree :\

Both cars were purchased and in Hawaii and brought to Seattle at some point in their lives. 0_o

After the engine was put in and suspension, (nuespeed 1" race springs, 5 year old crappy shocks, 16v "k bar," and front eurosport tie bar and rear nuespeed "z bar") i later entered the car into a car show and recieved the third place trophy for mk1 and 2 sciroccos. (there were only 4 sciroccos XD.)

Notice that the car was originally flash silver, and that the engine bay is extremely dirty. I plan to fix the million things that are wrong with it, including a gas tank swap since the varnish in mine has killed a pump already, and then proceed to paint her silver with a black 16v kit and other 16v goodies and recreate a Scirocco GTI! Also, a double 40mm solex carb'd Drake 1.6L is planned for the future future.... At least carbs.

Then there's my '91 Firebird GTA that we picked up from a guy for $2k. Just needed a water pump, but after driving it for a year and a half the tranny started making bad noises, and now the engine shuts itself off from some computer glitch. The car is basically brand new though! I just haven't had motive for it since my rocco's have proven to be much funner and award ambition in many more ways.

Here's a couple pics of it...

that was the best road trip ever....

Lost a lot of its pics when my computer died :/

And.. since all my roccos and firebird are dead, i got a BARGE!

Click here for the full 604x340 image.

sat in our field for 9 years.. fixed it up cause i needed a car. Only needed a tune up and a water pump XD. it's an '81 caprice with the 305

ace0415 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 9, 2010

Diocletian
Jul 4, 2003

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Picked it up this past Friday. I got more pics in another thread but it needs a proper wax and better camera to capture it's glory. :)

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

GlenMR posted:

I was out driving in it. The top of my Magna resembles a burgundy golf ball :(
Ah bugger, my dad copped a broken windscreen. drat huge queue for insurance claims at the moment :(

NOT NOW GRANDPA
Dec 6, 2005

ace0415 posted:

I think it's a wolfsburg since it has leather seats and came with a 1.8L engine, but many people disagree :\

Are those the crazy Enkei wheels that I have never found the name of?

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

elzergone posted:

Are those the crazy Enkei wheels that I have never found the name of?

Looks like they could be BBS reverse mesh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

I HATE CARS posted:

Looks like they could be BBS reverse mesh.

Yup, they're BBS RAs, they came on Mk2 Jetta GLIs. Usually 15x6 ET33