Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
Posting for goodness, in a green charlie brown kinda way:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Really disklike that kit. Slovenias crest is awesome though in it's own upside down egg kind of way

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
St. George's pickled egg.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Voluspa posted:

Poland Away, not sure what to think of it :x

This is a great fuckin' kit

Slovenia's, on the other hand, is terrible

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Sadsack posted:

Posting for goodness, in a green charlie brown kinda way:

Whopper, original, best yet

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

calcio posted:

Really like this. I'd say it's better than their home kit, mainly because it doesn't have that loving stupid power-web X thing across the back. Seconding the Poland love as well.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

calcio posted:

Very nice except that strange pattern...

Agh :barf: that's horrible. I'll stick with my Euro one, thanks.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

luvd posted:

New Brazil kit is beautiful.
It's boring and the same thing they always have. Even a designer from Norwhich could design that kit. I kid I kid.

Left to right. terrible, not bad, v.nice, not liking that broken stripe, boooooring, boring, sexy, meh, let me know how that works out in hot sunny weather, okay.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

calcio posted:

Very nice except that strange pattern...

That's pretty awesome, working in some South African imagery like that.

Netherlands have a great kit, and I quite like the New Zealand one but it's standard I suppose.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The boots most of the players are wearing aren't released yet either.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

The boots most of the players are wearing aren't released yet either.

the Nike event introduced the updated Mercurial Vapor, and reportedly Adidas will be releasing their new boots (F50 variation, I think?) closer to June.

also I think those sleeve tab things are kind of a Nike "trademark" for this set of kits. interesting to see how the tournament badge placing will work around them. All these national kits look empty without squad numbers on the front too.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

calcio posted:

let me know how that works out in hot sunny weather

They're New Zealand, and the hottest it's going to get at the warmest venue is about 20 C.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Scikar posted:

They're New Zealand, and the hottest it's going to get at the warmest venue is about 20 C.

That's actually our second kit (the proper kit wasn't ready yet and is white).

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Yeah, I know the football team is the all-whites, I just don't think you can really knock NZ for wearing all black.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Scikar posted:

Also is it really going to be any worse than the navy blue of the US kit heat absorbtion wise?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

luvd posted:

Think it's lovely personally.

Yes and no, sometimes they make it cluttered but this one looks really stream lined and nice.

E -

Got high hopes for next years Arsenal kit after seeing the current Nike ones.

Apparently the shirt next year is going to resemble the 1971 shirt to celebrate the 125th anniversary.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Akileese posted:

Apparently the shirt next year is going to resemble the 1971 shirt to celebrate the 125th anniversary.

The 1971 shirt is just red with white sleeves, if those rumors are true then it will resemble practically every shirt we've ever had with the exception of our current ones and the 05/06 redcurrant shirt.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

wicka posted:

The 1971 shirt is just red with white sleeves, if those rumors are true then it will resemble practically every shirt we've ever had with the exception of our current ones and the 05/06 redcurrant shirt.

Yeah I know..Thats why I was kind of baffled when I read it. It was revealed on Arsenal Insider and they're pretty much calling it fact (as well as getting exclusive first looks at upcoming shirts) so maybe they have something going on.

Whatever, I'd still get it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Akileese posted:

Yeah I know..Thats why I was kind of baffled when I read it. It was revealed on Arsenal Insider and they're pretty much calling it fact (as well as getting exclusive first looks at upcoming shirts) so maybe they have something going on.

Whatever, I'd still get it.

I'd absolutely get it, red with white sleeves is our loving shirt and the one we have now is a monstrosity. I just meant I don't understand how it could possibly be a 1971 tribute shirt considering we've used that design a million other times. Also, the same article I read said we're going back to a yellow away shirt, which should please people like Goz who think we don't ever win anything in blue.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
The one on Arsenal Insider is a horrible photoshoped 'artists impression' so it's hard to get a real idea of it. However he was right last year so.. We're definitely going back to yellow, though. I think with brown pin stripes IIRC.

I'm just looking forward to seeing it, I love it when we have new home kits.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

luvd posted:

I think with brown pin stripes IIRC.

:astonishedstare:

primary yellow and blue is the best Arsenal away kit.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

harperdc posted:

:astonishedstare:

primary yellow and blue is the best Arsenal away kit.

something alone those lines apparently

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

luvd posted:

something alone those lines apparently

I would have to buy that.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wicka posted:

I would have to buy that.

Think it looks a bit poo poo, tbh.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Swap out the redcurrant for blue and it would be p decent.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I don't understand how shirt designers pull random colors out of their rear end for new kits. Maybe I should go back to American football or something.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Mandalay posted:

I don't understand how shirt designers pull random colors out of their rear end for new kits. Maybe I should go back to American football or something.

With the Arsenal kits? They're traditional club colours?

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Bobby Digital posted:

Swap out the redcurrant for blue and it would be p decent.

This. I don't know why the gently caress Nike has such a loving hard-on for using redcurrant in all the kits since the 06 ones, but it needs to loving stop.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Guitar_Hero posted:

This. I don't know why the gently caress Nike has such a loving hard-on for using redcurrant in all the kits since the 06 ones, but it needs to loving stop.

Arsenal wore redcurrant the first year they played at Highbury.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I loving love that away kit mockup just like I loving loved the Broncos throwbacks last season. I am fully aware that I may be alone in this.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

wicka posted:

I loving love that away kit mockup just like I loving loved the Broncos throwbacks last season. I am fully aware that I may be alone in this.

Hell yeah, grew up a Bronco's fan :)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
It's the socks that make them awesome.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

poo poo brown pants are for teams that panic while defending.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

luvd posted:

Arsenal wore redcurrant the first year they played at Highbury.

I'm not stupid, luvd, and I didn't have a problem with the 06 shirts. I have a problem with how they've tried to use redcurrant in a bunch of our kits since - the 08 away, the current stripes on the home kit and now on this thing.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Bayern's home kit for next year.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
The new Bayern kit is for their big 110th annivsery. Not sure how I feel about it, better than the current mesh tit ones atleast.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Apparently they are skin tight 'to improve circulation'.

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008

Was Taters posted:

That doesn't really explain the poo poo sleeves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Was Taters posted:

All of the new Adidas kits are. Can't wait to see crowd shots of all the fatties shoehorning themselves into them.