Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astral
Apr 26, 2004

Update! v1.99.100116 (this build is NOT up on addons.mozilla, so don't try to get it there!)

Note that the auto-update probably won't work since bountysource's security certificate expired, but you should be able to manually download/install it.

Changes include:
  • SALR will no longer forget about your bookmark preference for a thread when you use quick edit/quote/etc and are not using the "default 'subscribe' to checked" option
  • Advanced thread filtering is back! To use it, enable advanced thread filtering in the 'Forums' preference pane of the SALR settings.
  • The 'colors' pref pane is now completely functional! SALR will now respect your choices for FYAD and BYOB forum color settings. It will also now respect your color choices for unvisited threads and unseen posts, so don't be surprised if you had some hilarious settings there before but forgot about them. The 'Load Default Colors' button actually loads the default colors now (instead of doing something like a color choices-undo for the window), so if you screw your colors up too badly you don't need to worry about fixing them.
  • j&k keyboard navigation is working again.

astral fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elisaaa
Mar 30, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

astral posted:

Update!

Awesome, thanks!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

astral posted:

Note that the auto-update probably won't work since bountysource's security certificate expired, but you should be able to manually download/install it.

Just confirming that it does not work. It just says that there was an error while trying to find the update.

Crop Top Skank
Apr 4, 2007

Thanks for the update astral!

Three Red Lights posted:

I'm wondering if anyone is as addicted to the custom user notes feature as I am. Since installing SALR about a year or so ago I must have about 50 notes.
You're not alone - I've been using SALR for over two years and I probably have at least that many user notes.

Edit: One minor issue with the update - the dotted outline which visually indicates which post is currently in focus is gone. The N/M keyboard navigation still works, just no outline (at least not in my browser).

Crop Top Skank fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 17, 2010

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
The custom notes is way too convoluted to use. You have to click about 6 buttons to leave a note. I use "Goon Notes" which is a Greasemonkey script someone wrote and is a lot simpler.

also I'd like to repeat my request for a "Show your posts" link somewhere, maybe next to the "Who posted" link since that would be pretty useful.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 17, 2010

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Crazy Space Person posted:

Edit: One minor issue with the update - the dotted outline which visually indicates which post is currently in focus is gone. The N/M keyboard navigation still works, just no outline (at least not in my browser).

Whoops! I miscategorized the small snippet of CSS that goes along with that when I did the color update. It's been put in the right place now, and I've uploaded a fixed version (see download link in last post). Sorry for the inconvenience!

astral fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 17, 2010

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Um... Is my "New Replies" counter supposed to be embedded on top of the "goto new" button?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

XTimmy posted:

Um... Is my "New Replies" counter supposed to be embedded on top of the "goto new" button?

Nope. I'll take a look at what might be causing this.

Update: It seems to happen if the browser is started and navigated to a forum after salastread.sqlite is created (i.e. someone has installed salr for the first time). Restarting the browser seems to solve the problem, but I'll poke around and see what's causing it. Let me know if restarting your browser doesn't fix it for you in the meantime.

Update 2: Found the bit of code responsible. Working on fixing it now.

Update 3: Fixed. It was some deprecated code that was responsible, so it was an easy fix. A new build without that deprecated code has been uploaded. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 17, 2010

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
The new build broke Special User Highlighting Colors background colors for me. Currently using Firefox 3.0.17 which might be the problem.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Chemical Bastard posted:

The new build broke Special User Highlighting Colors background colors for me. Currently using Firefox 3.0.17 which might be the problem.

What part of it is broken?

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth

astral posted:

What part of it is broken?
The background highlights don't appear until after being read. The colored text is there along with subtext, though.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Chemical Bastard posted:

The background highlights don't appear until after being read. The colored text is there along with subtext, though.

Looking into it.

Edit: Uploaded a fixed version.

astral fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 17, 2010

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
I come back to post "Oh its fixed itself" and you've fixed it. gently caress me! Quick work.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Right now there is little reason to use the Red/Yellow bookmark colors if you use SALR. I've been thinking about how to change that, and this is the best I've come up with so far:

Any thoughts?

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Is there any known compatibility issue with Adblock Plus? I'm on the latest versions of both SALR and ABP (1.99.100116 and 1.1.3, respectively). Linux, FF3.5.7. When I have ABP enabled, I often get pages (both threads pages and forum display pages) only partially load. From looking at the debug output, SALR will throw an error about this or that being null (e.g., numPages). When I look at a packet capture of that page load, I see that I got the whole page over the wire, including the element that SALR is bombing out on. Doing a no-cache reload (shift-F5) will make it always work correctly. Doing a regular reload will make it fail at least half the time. Disabling ABP makes it always work correctly.

Example error:

SALastRead application err: message: numPages is null
fileName: chrome://browser/content/browser.xul -> chrome://salastread/content/salastreadOverlay.js
lineNumber: 403
stack: handleForumDisplay([object XPCSafeJSObjectWrapper])@chrome://browser/content/browser.xul -> chrome://salastread/content/salastreadOverlay.js:403
SALR_onLoad([object Event])@chrome://browser/content/browser.xul -> chrome://salastread/content/salastreadOverlay.js:226

name: TypeError

If I hack it to get past that (e.g., always use pageList[0]), it'll just throw a similar error an another element on the page.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

frunksock posted:

Is there any known compatibility issue with Adblock Plus? I'm on the latest versions of both SALR and ABP (1.99.100116 and 1.1.3, respectively). Linux, FF3.5.7. When I have ABP enabled, I often get pages (both threads pages and forum display pages) only partially load. From looking at the debug output, SALR will throw an error about this or that being null (e.g., numPages). When I look at a packet capture of that page load, I see that I got the whole page over the wire, including the element that SALR is bombing out on. Doing a no-cache reload (shift-F5) will make it always work correctly. Doing a regular reload will make it fail at least half the time. Disabling ABP makes it always work correctly.

[Example error]

If I hack it to get past that (e.g., always use pageList[0]), it'll just throw a similar error an another element on the page.

Are your adblock filters hitting something on the forum pages?

As an aside, I've used both adblock and SALR for a long, long time with no issues. I additionally just tested it against the latest firefox/adblock/salr in a linux VM with a fresh profile and had no issues there, either.

KuruMonkey
Jul 23, 2004
I've been getting half-loaded pages from SA for a while now. I used to run SALastRead, but have since uninstalled it. I still get part loading pages.

I think (I'm going only by memory here) it only happens through Firefox on my Mac - I think its not happening through Firefox on my PC.

I'm using my PC now, will be paying attention to this for a while.

I had assumed it was just the connection to SA (SA running pretty heavily loaded most of the time)

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Sorry, after some more testing, Kuru is right. I get the problem even with SALR disabled.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱
Any news when Firefox 3.6 will be supported? Or is it already and I just have an out of date version (Mine never seems to update)

mobn
May 23, 2005

by Ozmaugh

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Any news when Firefox 3.6 will be supported? Or is it already and I just have an out of date version (Mine never seems to update)

The version at the top of this page works.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Automatic updates for SALR are broken because bountysource's security certificate expired. You'll need to manually download updates for now.

astral fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 22, 2010

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm so glad I found this thread, I upgraded to 3.6 and had a brief :ohdear: moment when I realized that it wouldn't work.

teKmea.
Jun 28, 2008

make sure we tweak
it so we can have sex
with it

Horn posted:

While you're in there could you fix right clicking on the forum menu? It used to just open up the forum in a new unselected tab but now it also brings up the context menu. Nothing major but opening forums from the menu is probably my most used feature of SALR.

I'm going to second this request. It really is my most used feature of SALR as well and it's among the things I'm actually waiting for before upgrading to Firefox 3.6 on my home PC. (next to some other plugins)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I'll look into the menu right-click thing when I can, but since classes are starting back up for me today I can't make any promises for the short-term. You guys do know you can middle-click those menu items too, right?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

astral posted:

I'll look into the menu right-click thing when I can, but since classes are starting back up for me today I can't make any promises for the short-term. You guys do know you can middle-click those menu items too, right?

I can't believe I didn't try that. :aaaaa:

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
The "Search Forums" item in the SA menu still goes to the old search page. It should probably get updated to the new one.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

m2pt5 posted:

The "Search Forums" item in the SA menu still goes to the old search page. It should probably get updated to the new one.
That's because it gets populated by the dropdown menu that's on the bottom of every page, and that one still links to the old one as well. So post in the QCS forum if you want to get it fixed

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
is it possible you can add video to the vB code tags?

edit: vvvv yeah I asked back in November too.

Hung Yuri fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 26, 2010

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Edit: Never mind, forgot which thread I was in; thought this was QCS.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Hung Yuri posted:

is it possible you can add video to the vB code tags?

I asked this before, that would be good.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

astral posted:

Changes include:
  • SALR will no longer forget about your bookmark preference for a thread when you use quick edit/quote/etc and are not using the "default 'subscribe' to checked" option
I came here to complain about this, but it's fixed! Thank you.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
So, I switch forum names and now the threads are highlighted but the posts I already read inside each post aren't being highlighted anymore. Thoughts?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

DMPunk posted:

So, I switch forum names and now the threads are highlighted but the posts I already read inside each post aren't being highlighted anymore. Thoughts?

Double-check your forum-side "Mark posts on pages I've already seen in a different color" preference and your SALR "Don't perform color highlighting on posts in a thread" preference.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Can the [video] tag be added to the vB code menu?

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
when SAlastread is active a few Avatars like mine for example won't show. That is, I can see them loading and afterwards they are removed.
This happened "suddenly" even before I applied the new version linked above on this page.
Anyone got an idea what I can do about this?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
There's a "Hide Avatar" option below the main body of every post. If it says "Show Avatar" instead then you accidentally clicked it.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

pik_d posted:

There's a "Hide Avatar" option below the main body of every post. If it says "Show Avatar" instead then you accidentally clicked it.
Motherfuck! You're right! Thank you!

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.
Is there a way to just "reset" all my ignored threads? There's a couple I'd like to unignore but apparently the button's not showing up (probably Ubuntu's fault). I'd rather just reset the whole thing instead of picking and choosing which ones I'd like to see.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Kitsch! posted:

Is there a way to just "reset" all my ignored threads? There's a couple I'd like to unignore but apparently the button's not showing up (probably Ubuntu's fault). I'd rather just reset the whole thing instead of picking and choosing which ones I'd like to see.

It looks like it scrolled off the bottom of the frame. You might still be able to unignore a thread if you highlight it, hit tab and then hit space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitsch!
Jul 27, 2006

God made Adam and Eve, not Fluffy and Eve.

Sneaking Mission posted:

It looks like it scrolled off the bottom of the frame. You might still be able to unignore a thread if you highlight it, hit tab and then hit space.

Most likely. I have a little Dell Netbook and it likes to do that. But your suggestion worked, thanks!

• Locked thread