Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Secks posted:

If you're into such things, she's got a MySpace profile with lots more photos. Though, I've got to say, I wish I'd just let the illusion be ruined. The profile makes me realize I really wouldn't like that girl very much after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

einTier posted:

If you're into such things, she's got a MySpace profile with lots more photos. Though, I've got to say, I wish I'd just let the illusion be ruined. The profile makes me realize I really wouldn't like that girl very much after all.

(her italics)
Halloween is my favorite holiday. Pink is my color. The internet is one of my main addictions along with green tea. I love green tea more than life its self. I love panties and being in my panties, if i could wear nothing but panties all the time I would in a heartbeat.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

Reis posted:

Are you thinking about El Camino del Rey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmDhRvvs5Xw

On a similar note, there was a webpage (or maybe thread here) about some guy's visit to a temple in China that was nearly inaccessible and placed on a very high mountain. Many of the paths were treacherous, and I remember one guy nearly falling at one point, saved only by his quick grab of a guide wire.

There were lots of photos, many very similar to El Caminito Del Rey. There were a few that were vertigo inducing.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA
There was a thread in games a long time about an rear end in a top hat simulator of a game, and all I can remember is possibly something about an iceberg, and your ability to steal a dude's hat when he's dangling off a ledge about to fall to his death.

jebbo
Jan 29, 2001
Done my Time
Someone here has an avatar of a woman in an office saying "babies!" and I remember it being from a longer commercial...any ideas ?

plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

einTier posted:

On a similar note, there was a webpage (or maybe thread here) about some guy's visit to a temple in China that was nearly inaccessible and placed on a very high mountain. Many of the paths were treacherous, and I remember one guy nearly falling at one point, saved only by his quick grab of a guide wire.

There were lots of photos, many very similar to El Caminito Del Rey. There were a few that were vertigo inducing.

Sounds like you're thinking of the Huashan hiking trail.
http://blog.hotelclub.com/huashan-trail-worlds-most-dangerous-hiking-trail/

Bonus video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72rN5zO2T7A :cry:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

jebbo posted:

Someone here has an avatar of a woman in an office saying "babies!" and I remember it being from a longer commercial...any ideas ?

google the 'I Feel Great' ad from Nutrigrain.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Approach with caution.

plaguedoctor posted:

That's the trail! Not the site I was thinking of, but it'll make my searches easier. Thanks!

Ah, here's the story. Not the original site, and not all of the photos, but there it is: http://www.ssqq.com/ARCHIVE/vinlin27d.htm

einTier fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 1, 2010

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

jebbo posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rE0EakhG8

to this day, still one of the weirdest loving things I've seen on TV.

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
I'll bet none of you can resuscitate one of the funniest hacker group text's, Tha Pig Fuckers Corner aka Tha PFC. The texts were ostensibly about phone hacking phreaking tutorials etc. but laden with in-jokes and written by what appears to be a crew of gangstas. Piss loving funny and no longer available at the l0pht. RIP 1995.

Not a Duck
Mar 17, 2009

I'm not a duck.
I'm looking for a photo.

The photo is a grainy, black and white picture of a group of men at a table all wearing domino masks and in suits and ties. It looks like it was taken in the 1950's but I know nothing of the story behind it or where it came from.

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.

Finch and Chimps posted:

I'm looking for a youtube video, it's a guy mock reviewing super mario bros 2 for the NES and completely messing up all of the facts of the game, giving made-up names to Luigi, Peach and Toad. He doesn't stop talking the whole way through, in a good way.

Still looking for this. Also it's not a review of Doki Doki Panic, the guy is actually playing SMB2 US.

Can't live without this video. :negative:

The Astro Zombie
Nov 14, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AndyAML posted:

This would be Kevin Ray Underwood. The transcribed .pdf is available here. A warning for people who have never read it before, it's pretty damned :nms:

God gently caress you for even posting this. I couldn't even finish it, I couldn't imagine that happening to either of my kids. Thats god drat terrible, and tell me that wasnt a goon from SA that did that poo poo.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

jt6879 posted:

and tell me that wasnt a goon from SA that did that poo poo.
From the last page of the original thread:

Lowtax posted:

He was NOT a forum member. Hell, he doesn't even link to SA on his website. I wish the rumor of the guy being a goon would go away already; there's absolutely no truth to it. Hey, he links to Dave Barry's blog on his site, let's try to associate him with the cannibal!
The only grounds that people had to call him a goon to begin with were that he was pathetic and liked anime.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Finch and Chimps posted:

Still looking for this. Also it's not a review of Doki Doki Panic, the guy is actually playing SMB2 US.

Can't live without this video. :negative:

is it this?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80779560/

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

The first google hit for 'webcam music video' is to a post on boingboing.net featuring this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfBlUQguvyw

Apparently this is it and I love you. I was going to stab my brother for having said he googled it and not seeming to have, but he apparently didn't actually use "webcam" anywhere in his search terms despite describing vividly as such. :iiam:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Scrubber posted:

This one is probably going to be nearly impossible.

It was a song from mp3.com, back before it went down temporarily, early to mid 2000s, when it was full of no name musicians.

It was electronic music of dubious quality.

It's only noteworthy aspect was excessive sampling of Blade Runner.

Specifically, it sampled a large portion of the Voight-Kampff test.

Lines I remember include:

"I already had an IQ test this year, I don't think I've ever had one of these-"

"Reaction time is a factor in this"

"What do you mean I'm not helping?"

"I mean, you're not helping"

Are you talking about the Vangelis score? Dubious quality indeed. :crossarms:

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005
Save the drama for your llama
There was a series of photos of African warlords and soldiers dressed in crazy clothes because they believed it protected them from the enemy or warded off evil spirits or some such thing. Does anyone have them saved or have a link to them?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Are you looking for the Congolese sapeurs? Just do a GIS for 'sapeur Congo' and you will get tons of pictures.

e: Maybe not what you were looking for. The sapeurs are non-violent and just like fashion.

axolotl farmer fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 2, 2010

Lady Charlemagne
Apr 23, 2008

GOD I'M TIRED
This is not that old, and therefore might be a dumb request. However I know there was an SA thread about it once.

I'm looking for a terribly-designed site that purported to sell... fancy dresses? Bridal poo poo maybe? The site had this ridiculously labyrinthine structure and MSPaint everything, including maps. Also, I seem to remember it having a purple background, and possibly music. I keep wanting to call it Yolanda's, but a cursory Google search tells me I am wrong.

Any ideas?

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

is it this?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80779560/

No, sadly this is not it. :smith:

However, it was still totally awesome and your username delivers.
Now just consider that the video I'm looking for is actually much funnier (in my opinion anyway) than this one. It's that good.

Scrubber
Feb 23, 2001
I'm just arguing for leniency; all she did was kill her friend.

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Are you talking about the Vangelis score? Dubious quality indeed. :crossarms:

Nah, it was a no name mp3.com band.

KublaKhan
May 19, 2003

XANADU!
I'm looking for a picture of one of those backgrounds where there are 2 holes to put your face through but instead some guy has his schlong looking through.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

Lady Charlemagne posted:

This is not that old, and therefore might be a dumb request. However I know there was an SA thread about it once.

I'm looking for a terribly-designed site that purported to sell... fancy dresses? Bridal poo poo maybe? The site had this ridiculously labyrinthine structure and MSPaint everything, including maps. Also, I seem to remember it having a purple background, and possibly music. I keep wanting to call it Yolanda's, but a cursory Google search tells me I am wrong.

Any ideas?

Yvette's

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

plaguedoctor posted:

einTier posted:

That's the trail! Not the site I was thinking of, but it'll make my searches easier. Thanks!

Ah, here's the story. Not the original site, and not all of the photos, but there it is: http://www.ssqq.com/ARCHIVE/vinlin27d.htm

That's the mountain my dad is named after. On one hand, it would be really cool to climb the mountain that my dad is named for. On the other hand, I'm not sure how flattered my dad would be if I pissed myself silly the entire 3 steps I'd make up the mountain before turning tail in fright.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Does anyone remember that online word processor that encourages you to keep on writing, to the point of deleting your work if you pause too long? I've been after that thing for a while. There was a thread about it on here last year I think.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Corridor posted:

Does anyone remember that online word processor that encourages you to keep on writing, to the point of deleting your work if you pause too long? I've been after that thing for a while. There was a thread about it on here last year I think.

Was it Write or Die?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

An Cat Dubh posted:

There was a series of photos of African warlords and soldiers dressed in crazy clothes because they believed it protected them from the enemy or warded off evil spirits or some such thing. Does anyone have them saved or have a link to them?

If it helps, I think these guys specifically wore girly wigs and feminine clothes because they believed that bullets would miss them if the bullets thought they were girls. Or something.

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005

axolotl farmer posted:

Are you looking for the Congolese sapeurs? Just do a GIS for 'sapeur Congo' and you will get tons of pictures.

e: Maybe not what you were looking for. The sapeurs are non-violent and just like fashion.

I looked them up and they're way too daper to be the guys I remember. Thanks though.

Rough Lobster posted:

If it helps, I think these guys specifically wore girly wigs and feminine clothes because they believed that bullets would miss them if the bullets thought they were girls. Or something.

Yes, this is what I'm looking for! Too bad Googling "africian soliders dressed as women to protect themselves" does not bring up any promising hits. Who'd have thought?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

An Cat Dubh posted:

I looked them up and they're way too daper to be the guys I remember. Thanks though.

Yes, this is what I'm looking for! Too bad Googling "africian soliders dressed as women to protect themselves" does not bring up any promising hits. Who'd have thought?

http://www.slate.com/id/2086490/

Just an article, but it may help!

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005
^^ Awesome, thank you. The picture in the article may be small, but it's everything I've been dreaming of. :allears:

varlet
Feb 10, 2010

I would use every crayon in my box
Does anyone know if that one fancomic for Silent Hill 2 - I think it's called Chibi Silent Hill 2 or something close to that - is floating around somewhere? I never got the chance to read it before the guy's Deviantart was deleted, and I heard it was pretty good. :(

ATwoSlotToaster
Nov 6, 2004

You're toast!
I can't believe I can't find this and I've been searching like crazy coming up with nothing. I'm looking for the frog saying "get out". Either the REALLY big version or the normal sized one. Thanks.

BaNZai
Aug 12, 2003
I lost my old laptop and used to have a bunch of random songs on there. One song was called "Castles in the Sky" which I'm pretty sure is by Ian Van Dahl.

But it was a specific REMIX that started off slow, then kicked in, but had this important part towards the end: a guy's voice kept saying "bring that beat back, bring that beat back" while it had vocal samples from the original song.

I have scoured youtube and torrents for weeks and have been unable to find it. There are ones that sound very similar, but none have that "bring that beat back" part. I have heard so many remixes, but not the one I am looking for. I loved this song, and if anyone can find it, I will send you a free DVD!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Looking for a photo of a balloon with a face drawn on it floating in the celing with the text "spawn more overlords". Or something to do with the Starcraft Overlords.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Mine could be easy, but about a year ago there was a fast food photo shop thread, and the starter image was for a MEXIpounder burrito, and some guy was like "its generally good practice to have a starter image" and I could not find the thread. did it get goldmined?

Been a while, but no one responded to this, and people are mentioning it in this thread.

Phrost
Aug 21, 2004

Your martial art sucks
Arg... searched every keyword combination I can think of on Google and I still can't find that painting of the 17th/18th century "Pimp" guy; the one where he's pointing at the "camera".

Pretty sure it's some goon's avatar too.

Edit: nevermind, found it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Looking for a clip I saw on YouTube or the like years ago, a standup comedian with an electric guitar explaining how U2's The Edge gets his distinct sound, the playing a bit sounding like The Edge, then turning the effects off.

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED
looking for a parody film clip on youtube a couple of guys did with mini bikes - a sort of fast and furious parody. Notably had a scene where he gives his glasses to his little brother "Joe Joe" but still has them on somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

sm8000 posted:

Looking for a clip I saw on YouTube or the like years ago, a standup comedian with an electric guitar explaining how U2's The Edge gets his distinct sound, the playing a bit sounding like The Edge, then turning the effects off.

That could be Bill Bailey, from his "Part Troll" show?

• Locked thread