Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LightsGameraAction posted:

What's the general consensus on the truthfulness of the Ultimate Warrior documentary WWE put out?

I saw it and thought it was pretty hilarious, but ridiculously one-sided. On the other hand, they made a pretty convincing argument for Warrior being a totally bat-poo poo crazy ego-maniac, so I dunno what to make of it. Are there any outside sources that corroborate the stuff they talk about in it?

people outside the wwe verified most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I almost forgot to mention with London & Kendrick, they had them save HHH from an attack and then HHH just pedigreed the both of them.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

HulkaMatt posted:

I almost forgot to mention with London & Kendrick, they had them save HHH from an attack and then HHH just pedigreed the both of them.

I think the last thing Paul London ever did in the WWE was get the Liontamer slapped on him by Jericho. I was thinking they were going to have some kinda battle of the protege's with Cade/Jericho and London/HBK, since I think Shawn trained London.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Paul wasn't actually trained by Shawn and actually told a funny story about how Shawn just came up to him one day and was just like "...Did....Did I train you?"

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Vince: "What the...? Paul, in this company we obey the laws of physics! You're fiirrreddd!"

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
What do you think makes a good attire, and what makes an attire look 'strictly indy?' I'm mainly asking because I've started attending indy shows on a regular basis again, and I overheard a conversation from two guys arguing about pleather tights, since one guy thought they looked cheap and nasty and only indy nobodies wear them whereas the other guy prefered them to trunks and more standard tights.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Pleather garbage bag pants and kickpads

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Volcano Style posted:

What do you think makes a good attire, and what makes an attire look 'strictly indy?' I'm mainly asking because I've started attending indy shows on a regular basis again, and I overheard a conversation from two guys arguing about pleather tights, since one guy thought they looked cheap and nasty and only indy nobodies wear them whereas the other guy prefered them to trunks and more standard tights.

If you wear baggy pants that resemble trash bags, you look very, very indy.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
Under Armour.

Unless you are Luke Gallows.

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

LightsGameraAction posted:

What's the general consensus on the truthfulness of the Ultimate Warrior documentary WWE put out?

I saw it and thought it was pretty hilarious, but ridiculously one-sided. On the other hand, they made a pretty convincing argument for Warrior being a totally bat-poo poo crazy ego-maniac, so I dunno what to make of it. Are there any outside sources that corroborate the stuff they talk about in it?

Most of the actual facts discussed in the doc are accurate, though they weren't able or willing to give Warrior's side to anything so the story you get is pretty biased (as you noticed). The problem is the entire thing is full of editorializing so it's hard to separate the factual information from the speaker's, any by extension the WWE's, opinion on stuff. In particular, half the stuff Hogan says during the doc is bullshit.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kentucky Shark posted:

Most of the actual facts discussed in the doc are accurate, though they weren't able or willing to give Warrior's side to anything so the story you get is pretty biased (as you noticed).
they posted a public invitation for him to give his side of the story on their own website.

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

dusty udder smoker posted:

they posted a public invitation for him to give his side of the story on their own website.

True. But once he refused to participate, they apparently weren't able to bring in anyone sympathetic to his side of the story to talk on the DVD. Of course, I'm not even sure if there are any people in the industry who are sympathetic to Warrior at this point. At any rate, in the end the WWE wasn't really interested in making a positive documentary about him.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
The only bullshit part of the doc was when Hogan said Warrior broke the "first rule of booking" by mentioning he beat Hogan before.

The entire angle was that he beat Hogan once, and the introduction to the Warrior was about how no one could beat him.

It was one of the most transparent moments of Hulk being a self-conscious prick I have ever seen.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Volcano Style posted:

Good attire: Dryan Banielson. Baniel Dryan. Whatever. One sold color, makes him look serious and it's become a trademark look. Pretty much anyone in the WWE has their poo poo designed for them and it all looks pretty good.

Indy as gently caress and looks like garbage: Mike Quackenbush. Most indy-looking motherfucker in the planet.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
If it has fire and/or lightning on it, you have found you're look.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Critical posted:

Indy as gently caress and looks like garbage: Mike Quackenbush. Most indy-looking motherfucker in the planet.
Arik Cannon would like to have a word with you

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Arik Cannon would like to have a word with you

And that word is "chop"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
What is an "indy standoff?" Is it when two wrestlers do a bunch of really awesome chain wrestling and then end up landing face to face and staring at each other while everyone cheers? Because I love those.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

What is an "indy standoff?" Is it when two wrestlers do a bunch of really awesome chain wrestling and then end up landing face to face and staring at each other while everyone cheers? Because I love those.

Yep.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Bonus indy points if the standoff occurs in a random match in the middle of the card with no buildup.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

I've got tickets to what was a Smackdown/ECW event after Wrestlemania - will it be Smackdown/Dark Matches now?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jagtpanther posted:

I've got tickets to what was a Smackdown/ECW event after Wrestlemania - will it be Smackdown/Dark Matches now?

Smackdown/NXT matches

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is the guy that made me realize what "indy as gently caress" meant.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Burrito posted:

He's wrestling to earn enough money for a second kick pad.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Where's Steve Corino these days?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Where's Steve Corino these days?

In ROH wearing granny panties.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Burrito posted:

'Sup, Gary the Barn Owl?

Though I think he goes by "Gary J." these days.

That's Pierre Abernathy on the right. I'd recognize that overbite anywhere.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
IndiestAsFuck.jpg

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The A-Team Van posted:

IndiestAsFuck.jpg

Well, at least two of those belts don't look like children's replica belts.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

The A-Team Van posted:

IndiestAsFuck.jpg

*has 6 belts*
*realizes none of them are worth a gently caress*
*buys more pajama pants*

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

The A-Team Van posted:

IndiestAsFuck.jpg

I count three, maybe four different replica WCW belts. Two cruiserweight and a TV title. That one might be a tag title or something, it looks kind of familiar.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That photo makes Mike Quackenbush look like he is portraying the greatest indy heel ever. No babyface could possibly do that.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

That photo makes Mike Quackenbush look like he is portraying the greatest indy heel ever. No babyface could possibly do that.

I don't watch Chikara at all but he is a face right? Because every time I see him, he just screams pretentious douchebag.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Critical posted:

I don't watch Chikara at all but he is a face right? Because every time I see him, he just screams pretentious douchebag.

Yes he is a face.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

Critical posted:

INDY?!?! YEAAARRRRRRRGH!!!!

It's true though. I don't get why Quack doesn't wear tights instead of LOOSE FLOWING LIGHTNING PANTS.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

When did Edge debut Metalingus? Was there anything special about when he switched from Never Gonna Stop Me?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

bradzilla posted:

When did Edge debut Metalingus? Was there anything special about when he switched from Never Gonna Stop Me?

He switched right around the time of the first Taboo Tuesday, I think. That was also around the time he switched from his babyface character to heel.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I just randomly turned on "Classic Wrestling" on Bite TV and I see Dick Murdoch vs Kevin von Erich. Any idea what promotion I'm watching?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

I just randomly turned on "Classic Wrestling" on Bite TV and I see Dick Murdoch vs Kevin von Erich. Any idea what promotion I'm watching?

uwf or wccw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Happy Happyist posted:

INDY?!?! YEAAARRRRRRRGH!!!!

It's true though. I don't get why Quack doesn't wear tights instead of LOOSE FLOWING LIGHTNING PANTS.

I guess for some guys, it’s easier to move around in garbage bag pants then tights.