Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BigRed0427 posted:

I guess for some guys, it’s easier to move around in garbage bag pants then tights.

It is also possible that 15 years of working his style on the indies has destroyed his knees and he is concealing knee braces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8puo_hulk-hogan-sleeper-on-richard-belze

What's the deal with this incident? Why the gently caress did Hulk Hogan and Mr. T assault Richard Belzer? Anyone know the story behind the clear animosity between Belzer and The Big Orange Goblin?

Jesus, these people are idiots.

GOP fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 10, 2010

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GOP posted:

What's the deal with this incident? Why the gently caress did Hulk Hogan and Mr. T assault Richard Belzer? Anyone know the story behind the clear animosity between Belzer and The Big Orange Goblin?

Hulk touched on this in his book. I believe it was just that Belzer had a talk show and asked Hogan to show him a sleeper hold and it legitimately put Belzer out. Later on, he sued Hogan for a few million and won. He bought a house and called it Chez Hogan.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GOP posted:

Jesus, these people are idiots.

Well according to Wikipedia

On March 27, 1985, just days prior to the inaugural WrestleMania, Belzer requested on his cable TV talk show Hot Properties that Hulk Hogan demonstrate one of his signature wrestling moves. Hogan put Belzer in a Guillotine choke, which caused Belzer to pass out. When Hogan released him, Belzer hit his head on the floor, sustaining a laceration to the scalp that required a brief hospitalization.

Initially lying unconscious and bleeding, Belzer suddenly sprang to his feet just in time to make the necessary announcements leading to the commercial break. Recalling the incident on Late Night with David Letterman, Belzer explained that it was "show business in his blood" willing him back to his feet to protect the integrity of the show.

Belzer sued Hogan for $5 million and later settled out of court; the settlement was rumored at $1.5 million. On October 20, 2006, on Bubba the Love Sponge, it was claimed (with Hogan in the studio) that the settlement totaled $5 million, half from Hogan and half from Vince McMahon. During his June 23, 2008 appearance on Sirius Satellite Radio's The Howard Stern Show, Belzer suggested that the real settlement amount was actually closer to $400,000.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
One of Hogan's signature moves was a guillotine choke?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

The A-Team Van posted:

One of Hogan's signature moves was a guillotine choke?

Once you see Hogan bust out an enzugiri, nothing about his moveset can possibly surprise you anymore.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Does anyone know where I can purchase PPV streams of older events than those offered on wwe.com, the same way you can do digital film rentals or similar?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sue Denim posted:

I'm sure this is a standard question, but does anyone know a place where I can stream full pay per views onl9ine (or even download I guess) free or not?

No because that would be against the rules and get people banned. Stop being cheap and buy the show.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Sue Denim posted:

I'm sure this is a standard question, but does anyone know a place where I can stream full pay per views onl9ine (or even download I guess) free or not?

Better edit that to say how much of a mark you are for :allears: The Miz :allears: before you get probated

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Sue Denim posted:

WWE.com has streams of PPVs.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sue Denim posted:

Here

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Sue Denim posted:

:filez:

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
wwe.com does have some, but I missed out on everything from 2001 - 2008 so I'm looking for older ones than those I found on the site.

I was hoping there may have been somewhere you can stream on demand the way that you can download or stream films for rent legally.

On the subject does anyone here have wwe classics? I almost impulsively bought a subscription the other day, but after having a better look around I'm thinking it's probably good that I didn't.

As I understand it, the site has monthly content and doesn't archive past content and the content is made up of generally single matches from shows? Would this be correct? I wasn't able to find a great deal of information about how it works.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 10, 2010

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Sue Denim posted:

?
It could be that Youtube, DailyMotion etc. don't stream live PPV or provide torrents or any illegal poo poo like that. I suggest you edit this post as well and pretend nothing happened.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
In your opinion, just how relevant was the Undertaker to the Attitude Era? Like, if I compiled a list of the ten WWF Superstars that defined that time period, Taker barely makes it, even when counting tag teams as one unit. I just find it interesting that both Taker and HBK, the Superstars with the most tenure, seemed to be the biggest stars during WWE's fallow periods.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Kerck Pnameless posted:

In your opinion, just how relevant was the Undertaker to the Attitude Era? Like, if I compiled a list of the ten WWF Superstars that defined that time period, Taker barely makes it, even when counting tag teams as one unit. I just find it interesting that both Taker and HBK, the Superstars with the most tenure, seemed to be the biggest stars during WWE's fallow periods.

He was really only a factor during the Ministry of Darkness year(?), and I think went out with injuries/took time off.

Edit: Now that I think about it, he was a pretty big part of it. The HIAC with Mankind, MoD, Brothers of Destruction. He was there for the beginning, middle, and end.

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 10, 2010

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
Yo whatever happened to that Reno dude from WCW? He wore a black leather diaper thing over a pair of cargo shorts and was kinda boring but I was just wondering whatever happened to that guy...

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Yo whatever happened to that Reno dude from WCW? He wore a black leather diaper thing over a pair of cargo shorts and was kinda boring but I was just wondering whatever happened to that guy...

According to his Wikipedia entry, he retired in 2003.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
In the .gif of West and Tenay being really loving excited and high fiving each other....why?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Capsaicin posted:

In the .gif of West and Tenay being really loving excited and high fiving each other....why?

I think that was the reaction to moving from 11pm to 9pm.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I have a strange theoretical question. Do you guys think that if ROH had all the ASSETS TNA has (big names, great workers, on a big network, good timeslot etc) but none of the drawbacks (lovely booking, a bunch of guys no one cares about, lovely booking, lovely booking etc) could THEY provide some decent competition for WWE whether or not it went head to head with Raw or Smackdown?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Karmine posted:

I have a strange theoretical question. Do you guys think that if ROH had all the ASSETS TNA has (big names, great workers, on a big network, good timeslot etc) but none of the drawbacks (lovely booking, a bunch of guys no one cares about, lovely booking, lovely booking etc) could THEY provide some decent competition for WWE whether or not it went head to head with Raw or Smackdown?

Probably, yeah. At the very least, they could coexist with WWE and provide both good ratings for their network and another place for guys to work and make decent money. Part of TNA's problem is that they keep trying to "compete" with WWE instead of developing a strong wrestling program and building up star talent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Karmine posted:

Well it's kind of a loaded question, you're asking if a company that had everything going for it and did everything right and nothing wrong would provide competition for WWE and the answer is yes, it could. But only in the same way that Woody Allen could have a good, competitive fight with Arnold Schwarzenegger if he was two foot taller, three foot wider, bulked up like a motherfucker and knew all the martial arts in the world.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Jerusalem posted:

Well it's kind of a loaded question, you're asking if a company that had everything going for it and did everything right and nothing wrong would provide competition for WWE and the answer is yes, it could. But only in the same way that Woody Allen could have a good, competitive fight with Arnold Schwarzenegger if he was two foot taller, three foot wider, bulked up like a motherfucker and knew all the martial arts in the world.

He has a black belt in Soon Yi.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Moose Bigelow posted:

He has a black belt in Soon Yi.

Not surprising. He's been training Soon Yi for the past 30 years.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Karmine posted:

Nobody can truly challenge WWE at the moment, maybe in 10 years minimum. It's unclear whether mainstream audiences are at all willing to accept ROH's wrestling-based product but the fact that they accept poo poo like TNA gives hope for everyone.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I prefer to look at ROH as an alternative rather than a competitor. They just offer a different product for a different fanbase.

Bikeage
Nov 10, 2009
Last week in a podcast, Dave Meltzer mentioned (in answering that list of questions addressed to Linda McMahon by her Senate race opponent) that there are three guys in WWE who have therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone or other anabolic steroids. He said they have a medical need for it because years of steroid abuse left them unable to produce testosterone.

Then today in another podcast, Jason Powell said something he knows of one guy "in the business" who has a "legit need for it since he's getting up there in age", and has a prescription, but probably takes "nine times the amount a normal person would take."

Neither mentioned any names and couldn't be expected to, but it would appear dirtsheet authors seem to have a solid idea who gets a pass to do steroids in the open. Anyone wanna hazard a guess? Mine for the last one is Kurt Angle since Jason Powell generally gets a lot more inside info about TNA, they did find GH in his car during that Rhaka Khan deal, and, well, he's Kurt Angle.

But the 3 guys in WWE... Batista? I have a hard time coming up with anyone else that would fit that description and have enough clout with the company to get a TUE, really.

Bikeage fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 11, 2010

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
HHH Batista and Vince.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bikeage posted:

Last week in a podcast, Dave Meltzer mentioned (in answering that list of questions addressed to Linda McMahon by her Senate race opponent) that there are three guys in WWE who have therapeutic use exemptions for testosterone or other anabolic steroids. He said they have a medical need for it because years of steroid abuse left them unable to produce testosterone.

But the 3 guys in WWE... Batista? I have a hard time coming up with anyone else that would fit that description and have enough clout with the company to get a TUE, really.

Benoit had the same exemption so it probably doesn't take superman clout, just a legitimate need. And then with that need you can try and abuse it.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Undertaker is probably the one who needs it because he's getting up there in age.

Mysterio might be another because he needs them just to use his knees.

One is almost definitely Batista though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think HHH and Batista are absolute locks

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
HHH blew the gently caress up like he was on steroids but his muscle definition has come and gone a lot over the years and never really gotten back to how he looked in the "My time is now" era.

I'm not surprised that he did them and I wouldn't be surprised if he did them when he was injured but I think by and large that when he doesn't have to(now) he stays off them.

There's also the fact that he's pumping Steph full of babies. He wouldn't be able to do that if he abused steroids as much as people think he does.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LightsGameraAction posted:

HHH blew the gently caress up like he was on steroids but his muscle definition has come and gone a lot over the years and never really gotten back to how he looked in the "My time is now" era.

I'm not surprised that he did them and I wouldn't be surprised if he did them when he was injured but I think by and large that when he doesn't have to(now) he stays off them.

There's also the fact that he's pumping Steph full of babies. He wouldn't be able to do that if he abused steroids as much as people think he does.

there is a difference between anabolic steroids and hgh.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Hogan?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

maniacripper posted:

Hogan?

Hogan isn't in the WWE.

It's probably Finlay, Batista and Rey.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
Cena. He doesn't have a medical exemption, he has a WWE Cash Cow exemption.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Cena. He doesn't have a medical exemption, he has a WWE Cash Cow exemption.

Cena doesn't show any of the physical signs of steroid use and cycling.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

MassRayPer posted:

Cena doesn't show any of the physical signs of steroid use and cycling.

Gigantic wrists, muscle tone that's all over the place, a 6-pack that extends past his pecs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LightsGameraAction posted:

Mysterio might be another because he needs them just to use his knees.

What knees?