Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Guitar_Hero posted:

I'm not stupid, luvd, and I didn't have a problem with the 06 shirts. I have a problem with how they've tried to use redcurrant in a bunch of our kits since - the 08 away, the current stripes on the home kit and now on this thing.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were stupid. I thought the way you phrased it meant you just didn't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Was Taters posted:

Bayern's home kit for next year.

Looking at it, really don't understand why they went for three red stripes at the front and white under the arms instead of actually copying the original which is one really prominent red stripe.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Shrapnac posted:

All of the new Adidas kits are. Can't wait to see crowd shots of all the fatties shoehorning themselves into them.

That would be the difference between the "authentic" and "replica" jerseys.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Hoover Dam posted:

Yeah I got the replica Revs shirt this year and it's not skintight.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Hoover Dam posted:

Isn't this a uniquely American distinction?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Mandalay posted:

Isn't this a uniquely American distinction?

Nah, Portsmouth were selling the authentic magic Canterbury kits for £99 and the replicas for £40 a while back

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The thing with authentic v replica is that the authentic shirts seem like the replicas. Authentic shirts are heat sealed on the seams and the logo/badges are screened on not sewn.

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it
the only authentic shirts are the ones the players have worn

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Shrapnac posted:

The thing with authentic v replica is that the authentic shirts seem like the replicas. Authentic shirts are heat sealed on the seams and the logo/badges are screened on not sewn.

I'll take the authentic any day, I'm not joking when I say that the difference in price for, say, Wizards kits (regarding authentic v. replica) is made worth it by getting the star above the crest with the authentic.

2000 domestic double and drat proud of it :patriot:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

I feel authentic is definitely the way to go. My replica Liverpool jersey, which I've had for over a year, is beginning to rip at the seams of the collar and the patches are beginning to wear despite my having always washed it as the tags instructed and generally I've taken very good care of it. My authentic jersey, which I've had just as long and treated just the same, still looks and feels brand new.

For reference, the replica was a SoccerTriads purchase and the authentic was straight from the LFC online store.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
bought these when i was :420: on sunday

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
My authentic Arsenal ones still look nice.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

EC10 posted:

This is my favourite kit in terms of comfort, it just fits perfectly. I've got other Arsenal ones that I prefer in terms of design/memories. My invincible Henry 14 one is my fave.

Don't normally get names on the back of my shirts except on special occasions, but I think I'll get next years home with Cesc on the back. Provided he stays haha..

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Posting the new Scotland kits. Not because I give a rat's rear end about Scotland's new kits, but because starksfergie does and I kinda love him even if he is too much of a "luddite" to post pictures.

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it
the lion rampant on the front looks like a cumstain

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Nicest kit they've had in years although I'm not sure how I feel about the cum stain. Bodes well for other Adidas kits though.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

New Scotland home

Decent basic template, utterly ruined by the stupid pattern on the front, and the numbers that look like they're in Comic Sans.

Edit: Jesus gently caress, refresh before posting.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Semprini posted:

New Scotland home

Decent basic template, utterly ruined by the stupid pattern on the front, and the numbers that look like they're in Comic Sans.

Three posts up, dude.

starksfergie
Jul 24, 2007

I'm just content to relax and drown within myself
cheers suqit... apparently, this is the new Scotland jersey for the Euro2012 qualifiers and they'll get something new and specially designed for them after the 8 qualifiers (since they likely won't qualify for Euro2012, but that's me being realistic)... but I kinda dig this one for a start

SEMPER FUCKIN FI
Sep 28, 2009
Did Barça ever have a white kit with a single vertical red stripe? I thought I saw one in some highlight reel on youtube and it looked really sharp, but I can't find any evidence of it.

SEMPER FUCKIN FI fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 4, 2010

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

SEMPER FUCKIN FI posted:

Did Barça ever have a white kid with a single vertical red stripe? I thought I saw one in some highlight reel on youtube and it looked really sharp, but I can't find any evidence of it.

Barca has had plenty of white kids in their squad. Dunno if they had red stripes though. Maybe if they got Ribery.

SEMPER FUCKIN FI
Sep 28, 2009

Shrapnac posted:

Barca has had plenty of white kids in their squad. Dunno if they had red stripes though. Maybe if they got Ribery.
Ok that was pretty good

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

calcio posted:

Is that Denmark? It's really nice.

I was in a shop today and they had a lot of the World Cup shirts. The Adidas ones all look a little weird. The crest is very low down in comparison to the Adidas logo. In games, it will look fine, as it will be countered by a squad number, but it just looks odd without it.

edit: The Denmark one isn't like that, maybe because the crest is smaller. Argentina and Spain looked the worst for this. Could just be on hangers though.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Somehow I saw that the offical Liverpool FC online store was having a 15% sale on everything and so I checked. Why the gently caress is a white ringer t shirt with the crest on it 30 pounds?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

cheese posted:

Somehow I saw that the offical Liverpool FC online store was having a 15% sale on everything and so I checked. Why the gently caress is a white ringer t shirt with the crest on it 30 pounds?

Gotta service that debt.

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008
Denmark looks really, really boring.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Buffon in his horrendous WC outfit...

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
hahahaha

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

jesus christ, hahahaha that's loving terrible

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Fuckin hell, we have The Worst Kits Ever this year.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The belt buckle, god I hope PUMA carry on with the beltbuckle

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
i love the fact that they couldnt make the shorts skintight or risk having italian bulges everywhere so they had to give him school p.e. shorts

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

GravityDaemon posted:

There isn't a single part of that whole kit I'd want to wear. Every single piece is terrible.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

GravityDaemon posted:

The away is actually nice.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

luvd posted:

i love the fact that they couldnt make the shorts skintight or risk having italian bulges everywhere so they had to give him school p.e. shorts

that are a completely different color from the top

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

calcio posted:

The away is actually nice.

eh, needless pitstain gold stripes. It'd be ok without that. I actually rather liked our Confederations Cup kits, wish we had stuck with those.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Isn't the point of GK kits to make them look larger than they are? Buffon looks like a Power Rangers larper in a tour de france tribute costume.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

calcio posted:

Buffon in his horrendous WC outfit...

This is officially the worst kit of all time, ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Shrapnac posted:

This is officially the worst kit of all time, ever.
Campos would like a word with you.