Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

crime fighting hog posted:

What a cashcow hydra burgers would be, you'd only have to breed one and use the neck meat!

That's how Goblin Dan made his first million gold pieces!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Loved the skeleton crew joke!

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist
I like how "Azure" is crossed out on the gate in the second to last panel and now it reads "Our City Prison"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What a cashcow hydra burgers would be, you'd only have to breed one and use the neck meat!

Conveniently circular too.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Not to mention that it doesn't have those drat safety issues Troll meat does, what with people exploding into trolls if you don't cook the meat right after thawing it.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Not to mention that it doesn't have those drat safety issues Troll meat does, what with people exploding into trolls if you don't cook the meat right after thawing it.

Trolls take normal damage from fire and acid. Digestive fluids would prevent regeneration. So no worries about the troll meat besides the taste.
:goonsay:

Kuno
Nov 4, 2008
Does anyone else hope that the good guys don't win this particular battle?

Goblins deserve a break :smith:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Kuno posted:

Does anyone else hope that the good guys don't win this particular battle?

Goblins deserve a break :smith:

You are just falling for the goblin propaganda. You saw the spin they put on things to make themselves look good.

if they wanted to build their own nation, they could do it on their own merits, rather than crushing another sovereign nation.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Johnny Aztec posted:

if they wanted to build their own nation, they could do it on their own merits, rather than crushing another sovereign nation.

yes perhaps some sort of two-state solution

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

The hobs seemed to have a pretty sizable city going up in the mountains when Redcloak and Xykon discovered them, despite their lack of resources.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

That was Xykon's backup fortress. You never know, you could just be relaxing in your den on a lazy Sunday afternoon, when suddenly BAM! A band of unlikely heroes puts aside their differences and evicts you from your own house. The hobgoblins were squatting there too, just like they are now in Azure City.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0148.html

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Yes, Redcloak and Xykon thought that was the full extent of the hobgoblins, too, until one of their subordinates made a passing comment about them being, "Legion One."

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0197.html

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

Mylan posted:

Trolls take normal damage from fire and acid. Digestive fluids would prevent regeneration. So no worries about the troll meat besides the taste.
:goonsay:

Unless you get some undercooked meat stuck between your teeth.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Johnny Aztec posted:

You are just falling for the goblin propaganda. You saw the spin they put on things to make themselves look good.

Yeah, the Dark One tried that. If I recall, that didn't end too well for him.

Start of Darkness: The human/elf/dwarf regents assassinated him at the peace conference.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Yeah, the whole reason they have to do this by force is that the rest of the sentient races view them as having no value or worth beyond their XP value and slaughter them indiscriminately. Some people simply cannot be negotiated with.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Neorxenawang posted:

Unless you get some undercooked meat stuck between your teeth.

Well that's obviously what +1 flaming toothpicks are for.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'm giving up on "that other comic". I can't even follow what the gently caress is going on anymore.

I just want more frequent updates for OotS.

Also, sorry to everyone who thought there was a new update because I bumped the thread. Now quote me and join in.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Lord Commissar posted:

I'm giving up on "that other comic". I can't even follow what the gently caress is going on anymore.

I just want more frequent updates for OotS.

Also, sorry to everyone who thought there was a new update because I bumped the thread. Now quote me and join in.

in brief: after negotiations failed, turnamancer Vanna White ended Team Evil's turn before they were done moving, making it the turn of Team Good Guys while Team Evil is split into two groups that can be taken the gently caress apart. Then Queen Unfeasiblylargesword said that she wasn't lying with the negotiations, if anyone wanted to switch sides to avoid the impending shitstorm she was cool with that, and then Jack told Jill 'yeah no' despite kinda wanting to.

meanwhile OOTS has been at 'Once Side-Crap Dealt With, Roy+Co/Xykon Will Go To Girard's Gate' for something like two or three months now with no sign of any impending change in side-crap.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

no see, Girard's hologram made a passing statement about a bet that was meant to be a slight against Soon, but Roy+Co assumed it meant someone just won a great deal of money (you know, instead of a nickel or a free slap). So they are going to go to the closest big city and search for an imagined man with an undefined purse who will lead them to a man they've never met who will help them (and neither man will kill them on sight for being the ones who set off the desert explosives). It's like THE PERFECT PLAN.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Actually, someone won 10,000 GP.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Ze Pollack posted:

in brief: after negotiations failed, turnamancer Vanna White ended Team Evil's turn before they were done moving, making it the turn of Team Good Guys while Team Evil is split into two groups that can be taken the gently caress apart. Then Queen Unfeasiblylargesword said that she wasn't lying with the negotiations, if anyone wanted to switch sides to avoid the impending shitstorm she was cool with that, and then Jack told Jill 'yeah no' despite kinda wanting to.

That actually didn't clear anything up at all.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Lord Commissar posted:

That would be because the dude writing this clearly didn't plan for a second chapter and is just wildly digging himself into pits in between skipping over a merry field of plot holes and terrible writing.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Lord Commissar posted:

Queen Unfeasiblylargesword is fed up with being used as a pawn by others, so she basically said "gently caress you" to both sides, even though they could have wrecked Team Evil's poo poo.

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

:bubblewoop: New Strip! :bubblewoop:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
I would be more amused had I not had to wait a month for it

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Morand posted:

I would be more amused had I not had to wait a month for it

yes because 8 days = a month.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Even if the joke itself is kind of lame, I'm glad to see a comic with such a low word count. You could return the font size to that of the first hundred comics, and barely impact the art! :)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I liked it.

I want more of this kinda thing.

I think he forgets how effective the comic is anyway without a glut of words in it.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
More importantly, those knights are just angelic!

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

HKR posted:

yes because 8 days = a month.

♪ Oooh I need your love, babe ♪
♫ Eight days a month ♫

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

:siren:New Strip!:siren:

Elves ARE awesome. Who woulda thought?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Elves are jerks. Jerk elves. No wonder the goblins are mad!

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy

ConfusedUs posted:

This reaffirms my already existing bias against Elves.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

zoltansonojo from the OOTS forums posted:

Here come the morality arguments.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

DrakePegasus posted:

Someone is going to quote this after every loving chapter, aren't they?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Nilbop posted:

Oooo, has someone complained about the wordiness of this one yet? Calling dibs!

disclaimer: the wordy strips don't bother me

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Nilbop posted:

Better than having anybody turn Gobbotopia into some sort of Israel/Palestine metaphor.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Mylan posted:

Oooo, has someone complained about the wordiness of this one yet? Calling dibs!

disclaimer: the wordy strips don't bother me
The dialogue in this strip sets up the joke at the end, instead of being filler for a dumb pun at the end, or stretching the same joke over 12 panels.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

mango sentinel posted:

The dialogue in this strip sets up the joke at the end, instead of being filler for a dumb pun at the end, or stretching the same joke over 12 panels.

I just wish it did a better job hiding the punchline, I knew what the one "quality" was going to be the moment it was brought up. Although I suppose I laugh like a moron when seeing things like Dancing Knights so it all evens out in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Room Temperature
Oct 16, 2007

mildly amusing

ConfusedUs posted:

They are also wonderful, marvelous, fantastic, glamorous, enchanting and terrific.