Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Matlock posted:

Gigantic wrists, muscle tone that's all over the place, a 6-pack that extends past his pecs?

John Cena's physique does not change. His definition changes ever so slightly, but he always maintains his size and looks the same. Most guys on the juice do not maintain that. He still maintains a crazy workout schedule and there's just no good evidence he's on steroids besides "THAT GUY LOOKS GOOD!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
Hunter is on steroids. Vince is on Steroids. Batista is on Steroids. Rey is on Steroids. Hogan is on Steroids. Cena (hate to say it) is probably on steroids.

Angle may or may not be on Steroids.

Steiner once told a story about Vince asking him to take a steroid test, Steiner said "Sure, if you and Hunter come with me." There was never another mention of Steiner taking a steroid test, but, alas he didn't last long within the WWE.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Because he was a terrible worker.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Jerusalem posted:

What knees?

His knees weren't part of the deal when WWE bought WCW, so they were left behind in Atlanta.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He traded his knees to get his mask back and to lose the devil horns.

He got a good deal.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

GOP posted:

Hunter is on steroids. Vince is on Steroids. Batista is on Steroids. Rey is on Steroids. Hogan is on Steroids. Cena (hate to say it) is probably on steroids.

Angle may or may not be on Steroids.

Steiner once told a story about Vince asking him to take a steroid test, Steiner said "Sure, if you and Hunter come with me." There was never another mention of Steiner taking a steroid test, but, alas he didn't last long within the WWE.

I hope Steiner owns hypocrosy this hard irl

"Sir do you know why I pulled you over?"
"YEPSURE OKAY let's BONTHUS take a DRUG TMESH together."
Policeman walks back to his car.
Puts on sunglasses.
Drives away.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Web Jew.0 posted:

Puts on sunglasses.
Drives away.

Scott Steiner is on the short list of people from the wrestling business I would want to drink with for a few hours. He's apparently somewhat soft spoken and low-key when he's not cutting a promo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Capsaicin posted:

Scott Steiner is on the short list of people from the wrestling business I would want to drink with for a few hours. He's apparently somewhat soft spoken and low-key when he's not cutting a promo.

Whenever I see video of Steiner not in Big Poppa Pump persona, it always freaks me out because he sounds normal and actually pronounces words correctly.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

LightsGameraAction posted:

There's also the fact that he's pumping Steph full of babies. He wouldn't be able to do that if he abused steroids as much as people think he does.

Hahahahaha oh god

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

FishBulb posted:

Hahahahaha oh god

All of his kids would just come out as muscular hands!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Are there any other instances of established wrestler losing a match against an unknown jobber than Razor Ramon/1-2-3 Kid and MVP vs. local competitor in UK as part of his losing streak gimmick?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Tonfa posted:

Are there any other instances of established wrestler losing a match against an unknown jobber than Razor Ramon/1-2-3 Kid and MVP vs. local competitor in UK as part of his losing streak gimmick?

Horowitz wins! Horowitz wins!

Andy Cancer
Jul 31, 2006
the possibilities are endless!
Isn't this how Santino won the IC title in his first match?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Tonfa posted:

I realize that he was hardly an UNKNOWN jobber but the Brooklyn Brawler pinned Triple H once didn't he?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

GOP posted:

Let's never bring up this story again.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Tonfa posted:

1-2-3 Kid wasn't an unknown jobber, which is something people forget about the angle. He had been on for weeks as a jobber, wearing the same gear and using the names Cannonball Kid, Kamikaze Kid, The Kid, and maybe even Lightening Kid (his indie name, which he used on Global Wresting Federation TV). Vince dropped subtle comments on commentary to try to make viewers recognize him in the matches. By the time he beat Razor fans knew "hey, this is the young jobber we keep seeing."

They recreated this with Mikey Whipwreck in ECW. He was a non-wrestler looking guy with a goony t-shirt who would get the poo poo beaten out of him. However, he never got any offense so the fans eventually got behind him because it was amusing to them.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Karmine posted:

I have a strange theoretical question. Do you guys think that if ROH had all the ASSETS TNA has (big names, great workers, on a big network, good timeslot etc) but none of the drawbacks (lovely booking, a bunch of guys no one cares about, lovely booking, lovely booking etc) could THEY provide some decent competition for WWE whether or not it went head to head with Raw or Smackdown?

It's weird question because you're not talking about ROH anymore, you're making the product unrecognizable and more like TNA without Russo (good) and Dixie bad). If you bring in recognizable TNA stars that means pretty much the entire roster, so you dump at least 90% of ROH. If you lose the TNA name you lose at least some brand awareness. If you're on Spike then you're going to wind up filming in Universal like TNA does because your touring shows looks bad on TV (the HDNet production would never fly on Spike, especially against WWE).

At the end of the day, for better or worse, you are not talking about the ROH product anymore. Now, if you ask "What if you took TNA and brought in ROH elements?" that's a bit easier to address. You bring in Cornette as head booker, emphasis on athletic stars, and a more serious product. You have limited comedy segments with specific players, like Colt Cabana, but keep it away from the main event. All this basically comes down to is a change in management though: TNA with ROH's Cornette as head booker. You have a better show, and I'd keep Russo to start and see how he fares. By having a better show you can actually get people to watch. By having better management you can either give up on monthly PPVs or focus on building programs that sell PPVs. You don't ever beat WWE but you build a strong minor league, like the AHL is to the NHL. It has a fanbase, it makes money, it has TV, but it isn't going to be #1.

LightsGameraAction posted:

There's also the fact that he's pumping Steph full of babies. He wouldn't be able to do that if he abused steroids as much as people think he does.

HGH is different, he was a bodybuilder so he understands cycling, and him and Steph can afford fertility treatments.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Tonfa posted:

I swear I saw DiBiase lose to someone on Superstars dressed in peach/fuchsia looking tights with jheri curls circa 1991-92 when I was a kid. Might not have been by pin fall though I really don't remember. I've tried to track this down but never had any luck.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

WeaselWeaz posted:

It's weird question because you're not talking about ROH anymore, you're making the product unrecognizable and more like TNA without Russo (good) and Dixie bad). If you bring in recognizable TNA stars that means pretty much the entire roster, so you dump at least 90% of ROH. If you lose the TNA name you lose at least some brand awareness. If you're on Spike then you're going to wind up filming in Universal like TNA does because your touring shows looks bad on TV (the HDNet production would never fly on Spike, especially against WWE).

At the end of the day, for better or worse, you are not talking about the ROH product anymore. Now, if you ask "What if you took TNA and brought in ROH elements?" that's a bit easier to address. You bring in Cornette as head booker, emphasis on athletic stars, and a more serious product. You have limited comedy segments with specific players, like Colt Cabana, but keep it away from the main event. All this basically comes down to is a change in management though: TNA with ROH's Cornette as head booker. You have a better show, and I'd keep Russo to start and see how he fares. By having a better show you can actually get people to watch. By having better management you can either give up on monthly PPVs or focus on building programs that sell PPVs. You don't ever beat WWE but you build a strong minor league, like the AHL is to the NHL. It has a fanbase, it makes money, it has TV, but it isn't going to be #1.

You basically just described TNA when it first got onto Spike TV, minus Cornette as booker.

I know TNA Had a booking committee during thoes years before Russo's current run as booker. Any idea who was part of it? I know Jarret and Scott De'Morre were.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

BigRed0427 posted:

You basically just described TNA when it first got onto Spike TV, minus Cornette as booker.

I know TNA Had a booking committee during thoes years before Russo's current run as booker. Any idea who was part of it? I know Jarret and Scott De'Morre were.

them and tenay pretty much ran it.

Von Dozier
Jul 10, 2009

by Peatpot

Capsaicin posted:

His soft voice sounds exactly like Dr. Steve Brule from Tim and Eric

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

WeaselWeaz posted:

HGH is different, he was a bodybuilder so he understands cycling, and him and Steph can afford fertility treatments.

So it's been stated. I wasn't aware the differences, I just want to give a guy who's going on a third baby now the benefit of the doubt.

Web Jew.0 posted:

Puts on sunglasses.
Drives away.

Now I just picture him challenging people to drug tests to get out of doing mundane things. Like he's on line at Target:

"Ok sir that'll be 45.52"
"YEA WELL HOW ABOUT YOU N ME TAKE A DRUG TEST TOGETHER!?"
*closes the register, hands Steiner his bag, silently lets him leave*
"HEH!"

American Clamdigger
Oct 21, 2008
Yesterday on Chris Hero's twitter account he posted a link to a youtube video where he tells a funny story involving Cabana and Danielson. wXw removed the link due to a copyright claim by the time I got home - does anyone know what this story was?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Bearnt! posted:

I swear I saw DiBiase lose to someone on Superstars dressed in peach/fuchsia looking tights with jheri curls circa 1991-92 when I was a kid. Might not have been by pin fall though I really don't remember. I've tried to track this down but never had any luck.

That was Barry Horowitz's first and last win in the wwf (he got 1 more in WCW)

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

AkumaHokoru posted:

That was Barry Horowitz's first and last win in the wwf (he got 1 more in WCW)

No way. Barry was repackaged as a Jewish nerd who came out to Hava Nagila and teamed up with Hakushi after he beat Skip at SummerSlam.

After the 123 Kid beat Razor, PJ Walker beat DiBiase after Razor distracted DiBiase. That may be who he is thinking of.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

No way. Barry was repackaged as a Jewish nerd who came out to Hava Nagila and teamed up with Hakushi after he beat Skip at SummerSlam.

After the 123 Kid beat Razor, PJ Walker beat DiBiase after Razor distracted DiBiase. That may be who he is thinking of.

really? I thought it was his win against dibiase that pushed him into that new upgraded non jobber status

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

AkumaHokoru posted:

really? I thought it was his win against dibiase that pushed him into that new upgraded non jobber status

I don't think he ever beat DiBiase, it was Skip that Horowitz beat.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Nah definitely wasn't PJ Walker. I thought he had an upset win over IRS anyways not DiBiase but maybe it was both. I do recall the jobber being congratulated afterward by someone and DiBiase freaking out. That hair and trunks are the only thing that really stick out to me, perhaps he even had a pedo mustache.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Bearnt! posted:

Nah definitely wasn't PJ Walker. I thought he had an upset win over IRS anyways not DiBiase but maybe it was both. I do recall the jobber being congratulated afterward by someone and DiBiase freaking out. That hair and trunks are the only thing that really stick out to me, perhaps he even had a pedo mustache.

It was PJ Walker beating IRS, not DiBiase, you're right. The only person that beat DiBiase that I can think of was the 123 Kid.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
Karmine posted:
I have a strange theoretical question. Do you guys think that if ROH had all the ASSETS TNA has (big names, great workers, on a big network, good timeslot etc) but none of the drawbacks (lovely booking, a bunch of guys no one cares about, lovely booking, lovely booking etc) could THEY provide some decent competition for WWE whether or not it went head to head with Raw or Smackdown?

HAHAHA man poor TNA. even when supposing hypothetical situation where they'd own you need another company to be its surrogate

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?

Web Jew.0 posted:

Karmine posted:

HAHAHA man poor TNA. even when supposing hypothetical situation where they'd own you need another company to be its surrogate

So you're saying give ROH a weekly show on Spike, a monthly PPV, and throw in Kurt Angle and Sting and a returning Joe, Daniels, and Styles, and guys like the Motor City Machine Guns?

If they were running head to head with Raw or Smackdown, they'd get killed. If they were on Thursdays, I think it'd do pretty good, probably around the same ratings TNA was getting. The biggest thing holding ROH back is money. More money means more promotion, more stars they develop stick around, etc.

I think this fantasy ROH would do a better job building new talent, and would market themselves as a more "pure sport" alternative to WWE, and would develop a slowly growing niche.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

On a scale of 1-10, how hilarious would the average ROHbot's reaction be if Punk and Daniel Bryan co-mained a Wrestlemania with Cena/Batista?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

On a scale of 1-10, how hilarious would the average ROHbot's reaction be if Punk and Daniel Bryan co-mained a Wrestlemania with Cena/Batista?
they'd be happy that their favorite former roh wrestlers are having a successful career in wwe.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Have the ninjas let Joe go yet?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
gotta learn to read thread titles

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Mar 12, 2010

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

AkumaHokoru posted:

anyone get into the blur beta? they are giving away betacodes on facebook and various places. i got mine through searching on google actually.

What's this got to do with wrestling? Isn't Blur some driving game!?!

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Fallon posted:

What's this got to do with wrestling? Isn't Blur some driving game!?!

wrong thread my bad.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Anyone got any information/footage of Hogan allegedly sandbagging Taker's chokeslam at some event? I think I may have seen it in some UT highlight reel that was posted in another thread, but it got me curious?

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anKWu5QW8TE

Basically it's mistimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I think you would probably be more succesful if you transplanted Chikara into the TNA spot rather than ROH.

At least you would have something completely different from WWE, rather than just a more serious version of it.