Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

We got in a bunch of cool new stuff today at my TRU. We got the Luthor/Supergirl twopack and the Cyborg Sups/Mongol pack. Sucks that they're 30 bucks a piece. We also got a bunch of ghostbuster minimates that I didn't know were coming out. Courtroom Egon and Ray that come with the Scolari brothers, World of the Psychic Peter with Vigo and GB2 Egon with the Titanic Captain ghost.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 27, 2010

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
loving addictive...

The classic comic Iron Man armor was worth the purchase to replace the MU Iron Man if only because they added bulk and size to the mold. It looks a lot better when making GBS threads around with my Joes than before, when Iron Man Classic looks anorexic.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Yeah, I picked up War Machine and Stealth Armor yesterday and these are leagues better than the original (in the case of Stealth Armor) or really most of the line up until now. I can pretty much count on one hand the number of decent, if not good, figures to come out in the universe/movie lines.

I don't want to jinx it, but it looks like Hasbro is getting better with the 3.75 Marvel lines. Not good, but certainly better .

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

3.75? Are those regular sized GI Joes with those Iron Men? Any chance I can get a couple pics with refrence? I'm digging the War Machine and movie Iron Man figs.

Is the silver and dark red Iron Man supposed to be stealth armor? Looks pretty neat.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Those are, in fact, standard 3 3/4" Joes.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Almost got some Iron Mans tonight, but I found a Skywarp Masterpiece edition for 15 bucks.

Iron Man will wait until the weekend :rock:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Almost got some Iron Mans tonight, but I found a Skywarp Masterpiece edition for 15 bucks.

Iron Man will wait until the weekend :rock:

God drat it, you people are making me feel lovely about my 50 MP Skywarp purchase. :argh:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

God drat it, you people are making me feel lovely about my 50 MP Skywarp purchase. :argh:

I bought the Takara version for full price. I don't regret that decision. :colbert:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

I bought the Takara version for full price. I don't regret that decision. :colbert:

Same here. Still hoping I catch one at 15 bucks though, can't pass that up.

liquidswordz
Mar 21, 2003
I picked up almost every Iron Man I could get my hands on today. I wasn't too sure about the 4" line, but they're spectacular in person. The only one I passed on was the Deep Dive Armor, but at $7 each I'm pretty sure I'll go back for it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up the entire line since they're so cheap. I was so psyched for the new 6" figures, but I don't really care as much now that I've checked the little ones out. THIS is what I wanted from the main Marvel Universe line when it debuted last year. Quality figures at a low price that are easy to find in stores. What more could you want?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

liquidswordz posted:

I picked up almost every Iron Man I could get my hands on today. I wasn't too sure about the 4" line, but they're spectacular in person. The only one I passed on was the Deep Dive Armor, but at $7 each I'm pretty sure I'll go back for it. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick up the entire line since they're so cheap. I was so psyched for the new 6" figures, but I don't really care as much now that I've checked the little ones out. THIS is what I wanted from the main Marvel Universe line when it debuted last year. Quality figures at a low price that are easy to find in stores. What more could you want?

What store did you find these at? I'm tempted to go look for a couple tomorrow after I pick up my comics.

I can't help but feel that this thread is a childs nightmare. There was nothing I hated more when I was little, than all the neckbeards scooping up all the cool action figures.

That Batman young me wanted for Christmas? Not to be found anywhere except the local flea market.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Die Laughing posted:

What store did you find these at? I'm tempted to go look for a couple tomorrow after I pick up my comics.

I can't help but feel that this thread is a childs nightmare. There was nothing I hated more when I was little, than all the neckbeards scooping up all the cool action figures.

That Batman young me wanted for Christmas? Not to be found anywhere except the local flea market.

All stores should have it. My friend and I have checked out Targets, Toys R Us and Wal Marts.

liquidswordz
Mar 21, 2003

Die Laughing posted:

The only places to go in my area are Toys R Us and Target, both of which never have much. I was pretty surprised to find several full pegs at Toys R Us. They had at least eight full pegs along with a ton of other Iron Man stuff. There were multiples of every Series 1 movie and comic figure. No sign of the Series 2 stuff, like the Mk. IV, V, and VI armors, though.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Found the Mongel/Cyborg Superman and Lex Luthor/Supergirl two packs at TRU today! They only had one of each!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Ogmios posted:

Found the Mongel/Cyborg Superman and Lex Luthor/Supergirl two packs at TRU today! They only had one of each!

Yeah its a weird case. We got one in last week and it was those two, plus the Green Lanterns pack and Batman/Clayface.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stopped in Toys R Us on a whim and scored the last Bioshock 2 "Big Sister & Little Sister" Toys R Us exclusive action figure 2-pack for $20. :woop:

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

The Rage posted:

Yeah its a weird case. We got one in last week and it was those two, plus the Green Lanterns pack and Batman/Clayface.

what green lanterns pack?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

AlkalinePunk posted:

what green lanterns pack?

This one http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT11880&mode=retail

The Hal Jordan and Abin Sur two pack.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
Awesome they re released them that just made my day!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So I came into work today and we got a case of DCUC and He-Man 2 packs. TRU exclusives. It's the Superman from the Brainiac 2 pack with He-Man and the Lex Luthor from the Supergirl 2 pack and Skeletor. Had no idea these were even comic out. 29.99 a piece.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Son of a bitch... :argh:

I got the comic style iron man armor one, and it is a royal pain in the rear end to get the "blast off" stand to actually, you know, stand.

I wish they had made it so you could just clip his damned feet to it. That little peg for his foot is complete crap :saddowns:

Also pissed he is completely looking down, with no way to crank his head up.

He will, however, be getting a piggyback ride from Iron Monger from the first iron man movies toys :)

There are like 26 variations of toys for this. And from what I can see, 2 villains. Iron Monger and Crimson Dynamo. That means 24 versions of iron man, against the same 2 dudes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

So I came into work today and we got a case of DCUC and He-Man 2 packs. TRU exclusives. It's the Superman from the Brainiac 2 pack with He-Man and the Lex Luthor from the Supergirl 2 pack and Skeletor. Had no idea these were even comic out. 29.99 a piece.

Those are already out? drat that was quick.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

There are like 26 variations of toys for this. And from what I can see, 2 villains. Iron Monger and Crimson Dynamo. That means 24 versions of iron man, against the same 2 dudes.

There will also be Black Widow, African Nick Fury and that crusty homeless dude that the homeless guy from THE WRESTLER will be playing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ah, so it will only be 25 vs 3!

Totally fair fight :)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Probably a long shot, but does anyone have a few of those canisters from Spiderman 3?

The web fluid and venom symbiote ones?

I am trying to finish up a display and need some metallic looking goop, and some black goop as well.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Probably a long shot, but does anyone have a few of those canisters from Spiderman 3?

The web fluid and venom symbiote ones?

I am trying to finish up a display and need some metallic looking goop, and some black goop as well.

:ughh: I just threw these out I bought em for a buck.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:saddowns:

I thought I had a few of them, but it turns out I had 1 web fluid one.

I need about 4 of the web fluid ones, and maybe 3 of the symbiote ones.

I can't find em in stores anymore, or anywhere anymore :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I bought a couple of the Iron Man 2 figures since they were on sale ant Toys R Us. You guys were right, they are really good looking in person. I never bought any figure from Marvel's 4 inch line, but at the lest these Iron Man 2 figures are nice.

When I was at TRU, I saw some Ratchet and Clank figures. Does anyone have them? How are they?

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Son of a bitch... :argh:

I got the comic style iron man armor one, and it is a royal pain in the rear end to get the "blast off" stand to actually, you know, stand.

I wish they had made it so you could just clip his damned feet to it. That little peg for his foot is complete crap :saddowns:

Also pissed he is completely looking down, with no way to crank his head up.

I don't get this. Some of the figures have the fully posable head (Extremis Iron Man), while others can only look side to side (most of the MU line). Is it due to the complexity of the molds or just a cost-saving measure?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Can't wait for the Gaurdsman!

Jet Ready Go fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 8, 2010

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Who doesn't want a Robot Mickey Rourke with muppet eyes?

That Hulkbuster is hot though. Just give it a dark wash.

The Black Widow prototype is freaking me out

Here's the rest, I actually think the Cheadle and Jackson likenesses are pretty good.
http://www.popeater.com/2010/02/26/iron-man-2-action-figures-unveiled/

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
I stumbled on some 4" figures at a lovely trade center I hadn't seen before, reasonably priced too but I haven't been collecting these. They were, Bucky, Thor, Black Widow, old school Cap, an Iron Man and like 2 or 3 others that are escaping me now. Thor looked especially nice compared to the one in the Marvel Secret Wars 2-pack version I saw earlier in the day.

Action Serious fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 8, 2010

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009
I picked up the Iron Man 2 comic figure yesterday with the "blast off" figure stand. It's an insanely good value. What a quality figure. It looks great on my desk.

Anyone have any idea as to what the cards that come with the figures are for?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

racecardriver posted:

I picked up the Iron Man 2 comic figure yesterday with the "blast off" figure stand. It's an insanely good value. What a quality figure. It looks great on my desk.

Anyone have any idea as to what the cards that come with the figures are for?

It's for displaying with the base (Theres a slot in the base you can kind of wedge it into) to create a Armory type of look.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I grabbed the comic series War Machine, its the first toy I've bought for a long time since I've been out of work. It's a really great little toy. Solid, well built, I like the articulation on the guns and the hinges on the shoulder armor.

I really like this guy, too, he looks straight out of Marvel Vs. Capcom:

Jet Ready Go posted:

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

gently caress... bought another Iron Man 2 Toy.

War Machine Movie Version... now I can finally do...

THIS

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

Click here for the full 900x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1200x900 image.

Click here for the full 900x1200 image.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I might have to get those two figures JUST to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Holy loving poo poo, Hot Toys War Machine

Larger pictures here

Hot Toys, you're killin' me here; I don't have the cash to keep pre-ordering this poo poo, but I don't have the restraint to miss something this awesome. Moveable fingers shouldn't excite me as much as they are.

edit: In other Hot Toys psuedo-comics news, They got the license for toys for the upcoming Predators by Robert Rodriguez, a movie I didn't even know about until now, and new Predators are always nice.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 15, 2010