Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clockspider
Oct 10, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

JAM Project? They're not a youtube group, they're a group of some of the most talented Japanese musicians(or at least as far as HOTBLOODED YELLING goes) who team up to sing completely awesome songs. I don't think they've yet made a single Super Robot Wars-centric(mostly) song that wasn't completely loving awesome and hotblooded. They mastered the art of fist-pumping gently caress yeahery years ago.
Those are all loving awesome. Thank you for sharing :D

e: Oh poo poo, new page. Have this delightful picture.

Clockspider fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 12, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockdash
Jan 5, 2010
I just got done with my Buster only run in MM2! I even did Quickman's lasers without the flash stopper. :smug:

Also, Wily Machine 2 and I killed each other at the exact same time. The game still considered me the winner, even though I was half exploded. :haw:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Speaking of Mega Man 2, am I the only one that finds the Wily stages pretty boring aside from the music?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Dragon boss rules, though.

duckfist
May 27, 2006

buster science
So it didn't take long for the Japanese to wipe out all of the time attacks. After holding the Srike Man record since launch, I got knocked to 4th pretty much over night after it was released in Japan on Tuesday.

Nasty Kerm
Oct 28, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
I loved Megaman!

I was unable to complete the first game however, I never managed to beat that god drat boss that sent of pieces of himself.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Rockdash posted:

I even did Quickman's lasers without the flash stopper. :smug:

You think those are hard? :smugbert:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Yeah, I thought most people did that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I always save Flash Stopper for Quick Man himself, it knocks about half his life off.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I always save Flash Stopper for Quick Man himself, it knocks about half his life off.

Quick Man's a total puss anyway though.

Rockdash
Jan 5, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

You think those are hard? :smugbert:

I also buster only'd Yellow Devil in MM1. :smug: :smug: :smug:

I think it may have given me post traumatic stress disorder though :smithicide:

Orcasword
Jan 2, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Speaking of Mega Man 2, am I the only one that finds the Wily stages pretty boring aside from the music?

Compared to 7, 9, and 10, yeah they are pretty dull gameplay wise.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Where the hell do I buy these!?!?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I want the protoman one SO BAD. I don't care if it's sixty dollars.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Detective No. 27 posted:

I loving want that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Now THERE is some smart marketing.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

Quick Man's a total puss anyway though.

All of them are varying degrees of pusses, quickman being second only to maybe flashman as the biggest one. 2 is the easiest of the first 5 or so for me anyway, I thought that was the general consensus but maybe not. It was the first megaman game I ever played and the one that I went through the most by a pretty soild margin.

I don't remember 6 much, and I never really got into 7 or 8. the first game is only painful because of that goddamn rockman on wiley stage 1. The robot masters are all jokes if you have their weakness (most go down in 3 hits) and only fireman and iceman are challenging without their weaknesses.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Detective No. 27 posted:

A little googling says that they're just concepts that some guy on Deviantart made :(

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

raditts posted:

A little googling says that they're just concepts that some guy on Deviantart made :(

That's the most depressing thing I've read all day. Why aren't they real? :smith:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

That's the most depressing thing I've read all day. Why aren't they real? :smith:

Well, it looks like we've finally found our calling in life.
GOONS, POOL YOUR MONEY!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

StringOfLetters posted:

Sometimes a ninja just happens.

This just needs to be quoted because it made me laugh really hard at work and I got wierd looks.

datingvolcanoes
Jan 22, 2006

getting real tired of your shit, steve
So, can anyone tell me anymore about the music-themed weirdness that goes on in the series? Maybe it's just skin deep, but with Rock, Roll, Blues, Bass and Treble, I figure there's got to be more to it. Was this just a naming convention in the Japanese originals, or is there more?

Clockspider
Oct 10, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

I would so loving wear that Megaman one and I am extremely disappointed that they're not real. :smith:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Salicious Crunk posted:

So, can anyone tell me anymore about the music-themed weirdness that goes on in the series? Maybe it's just skin deep, but with Rock, Roll, Blues, Bass and Treble, I figure there's got to be more to it. Was this just a naming convention in the Japanese originals, or is there more?

Most of the characters have musical names, it's just a theme

The aforementioned characters, as well as Rush (named for the band), Beat, Tango, Reggae, Punk, Ballade (mistranslated, actually Ballad), Enker (mistranslated, actually Enka, a form of Japanese classical music), Kalinka (title of a Russian folk song), Dr. Cossack (named for the dance), Eddie (named for Iron Maiden's mascot) and Quint (shortened form of Quintet, a 5-piece band).

Orcasword
Jan 2, 2009

Silhouette posted:

Most of the characters have musical names, it's just a theme

The aforementioned characters, as well as Rush (named for the band), Beat, Tango, Reggae, Punk, Ballade (mistranslated, actually Ballad), Enker (mistranslated, actually Enka, a form of Japanese classical music), Kalinka (title of a Russian folk song), Dr. Cossack (named for the dance), Eddie (named for Iron Maiden's mascot) and Quint (shortened form of Quintet, a 5-piece band).

Don't forget Bass and Treble and Violin from MMX2.

Czar Like Stick
Jul 8, 2004

by mons all madden
Or that Bass and Treble are called Forte and Gospel in Japan.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think Bass and Treble are more appropriate names for them.

provided Bass Is Not A Fish.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Czar Like Stick posted:

Or that Bass and Treble are called Forte and Gospel in Japan.

Treble is still called Gospel in Megaman Battle Network for some reason.

hahah, what the gently caress

vvvv

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 19, 2010

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
poo-powered robot.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

This thread's sent me on a major Megaman kick. Unfortunately besides MM9 and MM4 I had lost or traded in all my other games. Luckily this Rite Aid near my house had a sealed copy of Megaman Legends that's been there for over a year already, so I picked that up and am kicking cans into the bakery to my heart's content.

As for MM9, I wish I liked it better but I'm not the biggest fan of the difficulty. I'm thinking I'd prefer 10's easy mode though.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!
I played the beta of the 8-bit version of Mega Man 8 the last couple days. It still needs work but it's interesting so far.

I never had a problem with the "four bosses, then four more bosses" approach in the past but I realized that Aqua Man would make a great first robot master. I mean, he has a weapon that goes out of its way to miss you. But his 8-bit version actually beat me several times. I don't remember him ever giving me a challenge in the PS or GC version.

It does have that annoying "Jump! Jump!" stage in case you're wondering. It keeps the Rush shooter level and alters Sword Man's stage so you can beat the first half without the right weapons.

Hopefully they'll fix the speed up problems that the beta has and it doesn't make anything ridiculously hard compared to the original game. (I'm talking about you, Burst Man. :argh: )

Edit: By the way, Mega Man 10 made me go back to 9. I finally beat Fake Man but my attempt to beat hard mode failed due to the stupid fact that you can't go back to the shop without resetting the Wily levels. Next time I play I need to stock up on energy tanks. I forgot how hard the first Wily machine was.

Edit2: No, I was referring to how much harder Burst Man was in the 8-bit version of Mega Man 7. The timing for escaping the bubbles is different. I'm hoping there isn't anything like that in 8-bit Mega Man 8.

BloodDesk UnderHell fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 22, 2010

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
BurstMan was in Megaman seven. Do you mean grenademan?

I'm quite excited about this new 8-bit rendition, never had the chance to play the original.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
If anyone's been following the Mega Man movie a new trailer and release date is out:
http://screwattack.com/videos/Mega-Man-The-Fan-Film-Coming-Soon

Also, there is a screening May 15th if you live in the DC area, i plan on going despite it being at an anime convention:

From the DC Anime Club Facebook Group:

Eddie Lebron Films in Collaboration with DC Anime Club Presents

MegaMan The Movie on Saturday May 15, 2010 3:30 pm at

the Martin Luthur King, Jr Memorial Library 901 G St NW Washington, DC 20001 in

Room A5 on the “A” Level of the Library.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with this film please visit the trailer

website at http://www.megamanfilm.com/trl_lrg.html.

After the film the Director of the Mega Man Movie Eddie Lebron along with Actor Jun

Naito (MegaMan) will be in attendance for the film for Q and A.

This event is free and open to the public. Age Range for this event is 13 and up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
That looks wonderfully cheesy.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I'm really digging CGI Gutsman.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
my god, it looks so terrible, I must see it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

my god, it looks so terrible, I must see it.

actually it really, really doesn't for what I assume is an amateur work. Especially that Gutsman, that's a pretty fantastic redesign.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Schwarzwald posted:

He kind of looks like he went on some kind of robot hunger strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Schwarzwald posted:

The little clownsnose takes all the Gutsman feeling away