Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I'm not going to say that the rectangular headlight is ugly, but I would say it's hideous.

http://trailtech.net/x2.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Zool posted:

I'm not going to say that the rectangular headlight is ugly, but I would say it's hideous.

I think it looks good in sort of a retro way. :colbert:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

I think it looks good in sort of a retro way. :colbert:

It looks like a drz, a face only a mother could love. It does have the advantage of being able to pick up a replacement at Wal*Mart.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Zool posted:

It looks like a drz, a face only a mother could love. It does have the advantage of being able to pick up a replacement at Wal*Mart.

I have to say, the acerbis ufo headlight looks way better in person than it does in pictures. Because I would have said that poo poo is ugly as gently caress but on the g/f's drz it doesn't look bad at all. That trailtech one is still the best though.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Armacham posted:

Man that looks like a lot of fun out there. Now I really want a dirt bike.

Oh god it's bonus month this month. :ohdear:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Tentacle Party posted:

Man that looks like a lot of fun out there. Now I really want a dirt bike.

Oh god it's bonus month this month. :ohdear:

Let me tell you:

Dirt bikes are some of the most fun you can have on 2 wheels, and fairly cheap fun at that.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Z3n posted:

Let me tell you:

Dirt bikes are some of the most fun you can have on 2 wheels, and fairly cheap fun at that.

Maybe it will be my present to myself when I finish the academy. And then only 3 years before I can apply to traffic - motorbikes. Mmmmm new Kwakas.

The best thing about motorbike cops where I live is you do a 4 week course on police dirt bikes, tearing around all the state forests and bushland we have here. It almost killed my old man when he did it.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Meant to upload this earlier. It was a nice February day. Sadly, today was quite windy and snowy.

Old Balls McGee
Nov 2, 2008
My first bike. Did a lot of reading, you goons and some buddies helped a lot. I'm the last of 4 of us friends to get a bike. Even the married one got his first. This should be a great summer.

Click here for the full 1152x768 image.

2009 Suzuki Boulevard C50T
I've taken the windshield off for now, since I won't be anywhere near a highway for some time and I don't like the look of it that much.
The most horrible part of this? My riding course isn't till the end of May. The snow is going away quite quickly, but not enough. So far, all I have done is tool around in the back ally to get used to not stalling on take off. I've got most of my gear together as well, so as soon as the snow is finally gone, I can ride with my friends that hold their 6 already.

I'm a happy boy!

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
I started on an M50. Excellent choice, you're going to love it.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
Congrats! There's something magical about your first bike.

Guni
Mar 11, 2010

tProfessorChaost posted:

not enough crusier love itt!
dads new victory vision (literally every option, came out to something like 23k$)

and my (his old) 2000(i think? maybe 01/02 never can remember) yamaha v-star 650

the baffles are drilled out on the pipes and it is loouuudddd.

wholly poopoo, how heavy is that?
For content: I ride a yz250f 2004 model, had it for a year or so (bit under I think). Hopefully getting a '05 or later WR250F later this year.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Zool posted:

poo poo they have a kit for the DRZ. Yet another thing I'm gonna end up spending money on...

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
Hurray for first bikes!

I managed to bring this 08 Suzuki GS500e home in once piece; it's a heavy bastard at stops though (probably not in the grand scheme of bikes, but to me anyways)

Click here for the full 1546x1080 image.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

pr0zac posted:

poo poo they have a kit for the DRZ. Yet another thing I'm gonna end up spending money on...

I'm curious as to how obnoxious the Offroad HID version would be...

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Sharp_angus posted:

Hurray for first bikes!

I managed to bring this 08 Suzuki GS500e home in once piece; it's a heavy bastard at stops though (probably not in the grand scheme of bikes, but to me anyways)

Welcome the the GS500 club, there's a few about as well as a few ex GS500 riders. I've got an 04.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

Big Bikes for Big Folks. Its the first day of the XR650L not having electrical issues!

Guni
Mar 11, 2010

Chill_Bebop posted:

Big Bikes for Big Folks. Its the first day of the XR650L not having electrical issues!

Ah, beautiful. You should take the standard exhaust off and put on a different one (Staintune, CRD, whatever) it'd save weight AND make it beastier! But other than that, what year model is it? It's in great condition! :)

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Sharp_angus posted:

Hurray for first bikes!

It really is heavy, fat in the stomach. Weighs more than ten pounds more than my F4i and pushes so much worse. Fun, simple bike, terrible weight distribution

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

Guni posted:

Ah, beautiful. You should take the standard exhaust off and put on a different one (Staintune, CRD, whatever) it'd save weight AND make it beastier! But other than that, what year model is it? It's in great condition! :)

I'd love to put a FMF on it, but almost all of them work fine and do their job. The PO drilled the baffle, but honestly I dont want to gently caress with even more rejetting and poo poo. Two Brothers and others make some good ones. Ive never liked Supertrapps much from the ones I've owned, the discs make for a strange noise. Also: welcome to SA!

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:
The prototype:

Click here for the full 800x800 image.

The final result:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

I found a babied K8 with ~2200 miles on it, yay. Comparison to my '08 R6:

The good -
    * Comfier
    * Less aggressive, easier to just cruise
    * Gear position indicator
    * Different engine maps are a cute gimmick
    * Adjustable footpegs are great
    * Lovely torque
    * The Yoshimura slip-ons sound great

The bad -
    * Less exciting on the street
    * The footpegs (while adjustable) are poo poo
    * You have to choose between seeing the clock and a trip meter wtf
    * Insurance

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Bird-o-matic posted:

Insurance

1000K8 I'm guessing then?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Bird-o-matic posted:

* Less exciting on the street

Freeways are such a blast though, 120 before you even leave the on-ramp.

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

lancemantis posted:

1000K8 I'm guessing then?

Well, yes. When you fall off a horse a real man doesn't just get back on, he first finds a bigger, scarier horse!

e: a real stupid man

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

ain't nothin but a gangsta party.

Took the supermotos outside for a breath of fresh air. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first SM track day of the year.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Spiffness posted:

Took the supermotos outside for a breath of fresh air. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first SM track day of the year.

Care to donate one of them to me? I'm a non-profit organization.

ChrisFarley
Jan 3, 2004

Well buckle up, Rupert...'cuz I've turned pro.

Raven457 posted:

Scenic overlook on Park Road 4, Kingsland TX

It's not a really great shot by any means, but I like how far off into the distance you can see.

Once I saw this I decided I needed to take that ride from San Antonio. I'll try that Willow City Loop next time around. Here was the route I'd planned on today, although I ended up doubling back from Burnet to save a little time. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....469177&t=h&z=9
Thanks for the suggestions!

Camera phone. I intent to bring a real camera next time.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Spiffness posted:

Ok so where is the shot of the cop with you all pulled over. There is no way that many motards got together and didn't cause trouble

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

Ok so where is the shot of the cop with you all pulled over. There is no way that many motards got together and didn't cause trouble

Not this time copper! :siren:

We just rolled them outside while the garage got cleaned/organized. :banjo:

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

NitroSpazzz posted:

Why on earth would you all pull over? It takes four cruisers to write four tickets.

The Husky rider best run, I'm pretty sure the use of slicks is frowned upon.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Spiffness posted:

All that's missing from this pic is a scooter crossing to the other side of the street to avoid trouble.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Me today. I scraped a peg for the first time during this shoot :woop:

Click here for the full 800x532 image.

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

Out at salmon falls. Took a quick picture while I waited for the cars in front of me to get ahead a bit. Got back on and caught up to them within a minute :(

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Whiteboy posted:

Out at salmon falls. Took a quick picture while I waited for the cars in front of me to get ahead a bit. Got back on and caught up to them within a minute :(

You're not supposed to stop there, fyi.

Guni
Mar 11, 2010

Chill_Bebop posted:

I'd love to put a FMF on it, but almost all of them work fine and do their job. The PO drilled the baffle, but honestly I dont want to gently caress with even more rejetting and poo poo. Two Brothers and others make some good ones. Ive never liked Supertrapps much from the ones I've owned, the discs make for a strange noise. Also: welcome to SA!

Thankyou! :)
Yeah, any pipe on it would be awesome. My dad had a TT600 (pig of a bike) but put a CRD pipe on it. It was awesome!

huplescat
Jun 8, 2005
Couple of nice ones from Sunday's ride, my first go on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria and it was bloody great for the few stretches we had that were free of cars/campers/vans.

(thought I was keeping a reasonable pace around that corner till I saw a photo of one of the guys nearly scraping the footpegs of his R1...)

A friend of mine ran a photography ride on the same day, I'm gonna go along next time he does it and get some pretty pretty photos.

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009

Zool posted:

You're not supposed to stop there, fyi.

I'm a rule breaker :smug:
...and the parking lot next to the river was closed so everyone stops there. Behind me not pictured was a line of cars.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Felt like doing some night photography, so I went out and got some decent pictures of the kikker.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Didn't the whitewalls use to be white?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They've almost always been off-white. I could whiten them, but I like the dirty look.