Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Valtaherra posted:

Strange question, and I'm hoping some of you guys might help.

Basically, I need a euphonium. I don't really have the available money to buy one outright, but I'm aware of rental and rent-to-buy options. I'm curious if anyone has 1) done this, particularly with a euphonium, or 2) has some knowledge indirectly of either a national chain, northern california local retailer, or online business that does this in a reputable fashion.

Or, conversely, if anyone is aware of a relatively cheap euphonium for sale ( > $500), that would own too.

I knew plenty of people that rented instruments for Band in high school using their own money, and it's really a per-shop kinda thing. If you have any common sense for sketchiness, you should be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

Valtaherra posted:

Strange question, and I'm hoping some of you guys might help.

Basically, I need a euphonium. I don't really have the available money to buy one outright, but I'm aware of rental and rent-to-buy options. I'm curious if anyone has 1) done this, particularly with a euphonium, or 2) has some knowledge indirectly of either a national chain, northern california local retailer, or online business that does this in a reputable fashion.

Or, conversely, if anyone is aware of a relatively cheap euphonium for sale ( > $500), that would own too.

I can't recommend anything for a euphonium in particular, but like many people, as a kid my parents rented a cello for me from a music store specializing in stringed instruments that allowed the rental fees to go towards the purchase of an instrument. We had no problems, but we were renting from a place that actually sold decent instruments. I'd recommend calling local music stores in your city, and asking them about their offerings. You might also consider asking band teachers at schools near you, as they'd probably know more than anyone about renting instruments.

I'm here in the East SF Bay Area, and while I can't recommend anywhere in particular, I suspect that with Yelp and some Googling you could find a reputable shop, as there's definitely quite a few places in the Bay Area that rent.

UrethraFranklin
Aug 11, 2003
I don't have a drinking problem, 'cept when I can't get a drink.
I've finally forced myself to read up on ohms/impedance as far as connecting guitar heads/cabinets, and it's finally clicking for me. I do have one question that I can't get an answer for, probably because it's a little strange.

I'm playing a Fender Supersonic head through a Marshall 1960a cab. The Fender is 60 watts and has an impedance switch for 4, 8, or 16 ohms, and the Marshall cab has 4 speakers that has an ohms rating of 16 ohms. Of course, I can run the head at 16 ohms so that the two match, which is what I've been doing but it sounds a little overly punchy, especially during practice. Would it be ok to run the head at 8 ohms? If I understand it right, this shouldn't be a problem, especially since the Marshall is built to handle a higher wattage, but I wanted to check to make sure this would not have any negative long-term effects on the amp or speakers.

One thing I also don't quite get about series/parallel speaker wiring is if a speaker is removed or blown, does this affect the impedance of the cabinet?

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

I'm thinking about doing something drastic. By drastic, I mean convert my Dad's entire CD collection to digital format. I'd prefer some loss-less format that isn't mp3, but I kind of wanted your advice. What format should I convert everything to? I still want to keep as much quality as possible. This project, in the end, is really just to make my dad's music more easily accessible.

Another problem besides the format of the audio is the actually hardware itself. I'm thinking about doing it by making a massive tower of CD trays and just getting some automated system to rip it all. I've got a pretty beefy system setup already along with the CD trays and Ubuntu loaded. I have the option of installing Windows XP, but I wanted your opinion on programs as well as what I should do. If you don't think you can answer any of my questions here, go ahead and tell me to gently caress off and I'll run on over to SH/SC.

Big time thanks in advance.

Oh also, I was looking at using these programs. Tell me what you think:

Grip
soundKonverter
CDex

On another note, I was thinking about bringing this over to the college radio station and setting it up there. I realize that the "DJs" over there are useless so I have to deal with that myself, but I would prefer a setup that would work over there too. They have a metric poo poo ton of CDs to convert, too.

Spaghett fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 6, 2010

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Anorexic Sea Turtle posted:

I'm thinking about doing something drastic. By drastic, I mean convert my Dad's entire CD collection to digital format. I'd prefer some loss-less format that isn't mp3, but I kind of wanted your advice. What format should I convert everything to? I still want to keep as much quality as possible. This project, in the end, is really just to make my dad's music more easily accessible.

Another problem besides the format of the audio is the actually hardware itself. I'm thinking about doing it by making a massive tower of CD trays and just getting some automated system to rip it all. I've got a pretty beefy system setup already along with the CD trays and Ubuntu loaded. I have the option of installing Windows XP, but I wanted your opinion on programs as well as what I should do. If you don't think you can answer any of my questions here, go ahead and tell me to gently caress off and I'll run on over to SH/SC.

Big time thanks in advance.

Oh also, I was looking at using these programs. Tell me what you think:

Grip
soundKonverter
CDex

On another note, I was thinking about bringing this over to the college radio station and setting it up there. I realize that the "DJs" over there are useless so I have to deal with that myself, but I would prefer a setup that would work over there too. They have a metric poo poo ton of CDs to convert, too.

If you want uncompressed, FLAC is the way to go. There's plugins for all media players to easily support it and the file size isn't too bearable.

When I left my last college station, we were just starting to digitize the library (massive collection, vinyl and CD -- like 50 years worth). It is a massive task and even with a committee and delegated tasks for each DJ to do weekly, we still opted to have a company digitize the collection. I don't know the encoding, but we didn't do lossless but there was a big debate about it. It is a huge decision and process, though. They still aren't finished it's been nearly a year since I left.

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Mar 6, 2010

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
About that previous Behringer U-Control stuff...

...how the hell do I get any sound from it? My setup is bass - VT Bass pedal as preamp - U-Control - PC.

On XP, in Sounds and Audio Devices, it's selected (as BEHRINGER USB AUDIO) as both sound and voice recording device, but I can't adjust any properties or volume on it.

In Audacity, it's the Recording device. Playback is SoundMAX Digital Audio like always.

I downloaded the drivers for it and seem to have tried all the different configurations, but no luck..anyone have experience with this or am I just a dumbass?

Isnak
Sep 15, 2006
Bonyour!
I'm running out of storage space.

What's the best way of getting rid of old/beat up starter instruments?

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Achtane posted:

About that previous Behringer U-Control stuff...

...how the hell do I get any sound from it? My setup is bass - VT Bass pedal as preamp - U-Control - PC.

On XP, in Sounds and Audio Devices, it's selected (as BEHRINGER USB AUDIO) as both sound and voice recording device, but I can't adjust any properties or volume on it.

In Audacity, it's the Recording device. Playback is SoundMAX Digital Audio like always.

I downloaded the drivers for it and seem to have tried all the different configurations, but no luck..anyone have experience with this or am I just a dumbass?

If you are using ASIO drivers on Windows, you can't have one interface for recording and one for playback, you have to use the same hardware interface for in+out.

Also I don't know that particular device, but a lot of audio interfaces have their own mixer/control applet that overrides the Windows Control Panel mixer.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I see...that seems to be getting somewhere. The drivers seem to reduce latency; you can't interact with them. Now, as everything set to the U-Control, the input in Audacity goes to 0% with my PC volume up -- when I raise the Audacity input at all, it mutes my PC volume. What.

I guess I'll write Behringer support and hope for something.

EDIT: Ughhhhh the cable at the beginning of my pedal chain wasn't plugged in all the way. Horrifically stupid, thanks for the help though.

Sarah Cenia fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 6, 2010

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Isnak posted:

What's the best way of getting rid of old/beat up starter instruments?
Craigslist.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
You have to be patient with craigslist though, and look out for scammers. When I tried to sell my starter strat copy, I was hella excited because I got a hit right away but it turned out to be some guy who wanted to pull a money order scam on me. I had my stuff up for another month or so before I gave up. I'm in the Long Island area though, so your experience might be different.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

UrethraFranklin posted:

I'm playing a Fender Supersonic head through a Marshall 1960a cab. The Fender is 60 watts and has an impedance switch for 4, 8, or 16 ohms, and the Marshall cab has 4 speakers that has an ohms rating of 16 ohms. Of course, I can run the head at 16 ohms so that the two match, which is what I've been doing but it sounds a little overly punchy, especially during practice. Would it be ok to run the head at 8 ohms? If I understand it right, this shouldn't be a problem, especially since the Marshall is built to handle a higher wattage, but I wanted to check to make sure this would not have any negative long-term effects on the amp or speakers.

One thing I also don't quite get about series/parallel speaker wiring is if a speaker is removed or blown, does this affect the impedance of the cabinet?
What do you mean by punchy?

Do not run that head at 8 ohms into a 16 ohm cabinet. It doesn't matter if the speakers can handle a higher wattage if the impedance is off. You may be able to rewire the cab to 4 ohms if you want to run the amp at lower ohms (I'm guessing you want more headroom?)

If a speaker is removed it will affect the overall impedance of the cabinet.

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
I am looking for recommendations of stock music sites of stuff I can use for commercials/business presentations/short film scores. The couple of sites I found so far sound cheesy as all hell, like straight midi. I don't have a budget in mind because I'm still in the research phase for the project I'm on. Maybe such a site doesn't exist.

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

I am looking for recommendations of stock music sites of stuff I can use for commercials/business presentations/short film scores. The couple of sites I found so far sound cheesy as all hell, like straight midi. I don't have a budget in mind because I'm still in the research phase for the project I'm on. Maybe such a site doesn't exist.

There's probably people here who will do a good job for minimal costs if you can describe what it is you're looking for exactly and post a thread.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
I just bought a Tama Imperialstar kit with Meinl cymbals. Anyone have any experience an is this kit worth it? Regardless it was in my price range and I needed a kit.

But any info on heads and replacement cymbals would be appreciated. I have to do the replacement slowly as cymbals a loving expensive.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Hi, I wanna try recording a drumset with my laptop computer's built-in mic. It's pretty much the only way I can do it (no gear), and sound quality doesn't have to be pristine, just listenable (so I can show my band and see if the tempo is good before recording).

I know it'll sound like poo poo, but does anyone have any tips for it to sound better? i.e. where to put it relative to the drums, should I cover it with something, whatever.
Could it break the mic?

Hurdy Gurdy Man
Aug 8, 2007

Many apologies if this information is elsewhere and I overlooked it like a shithead, but I'm going to be visiting London (England, not Ontario) for a couple of weeks, and was wondering what music shops are worth checking out. I'm interested mostly in electric guitar gear, and am specifically looking into pedals and possibly a nice case for my Jazzmaster. Anyone in the London area have a favourite place for this kind of stuff? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009

KenMornignstar posted:

I just bought a Tama Imperialstar kit with Meinl cymbals. Anyone have any experience an is this kit worth it? Regardless it was in my price range and I needed a kit.

But any info on heads and replacement cymbals would be appreciated. I have to do the replacement slowly as cymbals a loving expensive.

Depending on what kind of Meinls you have they might be alright as is.

Aside from that, I started out with some crappy Zildjian ZBT's, and wanted to upgrade after breaking the crash, but still didn't want to spend a fortune. I got some Paiste PST5 Thin Crashes, they're relatively low cost and sound great and have good durability for the price. If you're looking to spend $200+ a cymbal they obviously don't compare, but $100 for a good sounding 18 inch thin crash is hard to pass up. (I got a 16 too, and while it's not bad, the bigger ones in the series sound better in my opinion.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY10qiOod4Y This guy uses a bunch of PST 5's in his earlier videos, and still uses a couple in his newer ones.

No experience with the kit however. Are you new to drums or just never had a kit before? Tuning them well is a pain in the rear end but makes a huge difference, you may not need to replace heads if you learn to do that (or jut screw with it until you get it down) if stuff rings too much for you, Remo Dampening rings are cheap and a amazing and decently lazy way to get a completely different sound. They are not a replacement for decent tuning though.

If you're new to drums here's the Drum Tuning Bible to help you out.

If you still want new heads after that, they're sort a preference thing and expensive to go changing all the time depending on your kit size, so go to a guitar center or something, hopefully they'll have varying heads on their kits for you to try.

Colonel J posted:

Hi, I wanna try recording a drumset with my laptop computer's built-in mic. It's pretty much the only way I can do it (no gear), and sound quality doesn't have to be pristine, just listenable (so I can show my band and see if the tempo is good before recording).

I know it'll sound like poo poo, but does anyone have any tips for it to sound better? i.e. where to put it relative to the drums, should I cover it with something, whatever.
Could it break the mic?

I've used a really old desktop pc microphone for that, like these with the desk stands. Just record through audacity with the input volume way down around 2 or 3. They're cheap so who cares if it breaks. If you don't want to do that, I don't think it will hurt the mic, but I don't know about that sort of thing so I can't promise you that. With stuff this cheap you'll want the mic somewhere in front or behind you at around head level to get even volume from all the parts, and don't have anything aiming directly at it (especially the kick drum or crashes). Once you're done you can increase the low end a bit and drop the high end some with the EQ to make up for what range it lacks. It isn't good, but it'll work for what you're saying. Don't cover the mic, it ends up sounding muffled, just put it as far away as you can.

Ninja Toast! fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 10, 2010

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Ninja Toast! posted:

I've used a really old desktop pc microphone for that, like these with the desk stands. Just record through audacity with the input volume way down around 2 or 3. They're cheap so who cares if it breaks. If you don't want to do that, I don't think it will hurt the mic, but I don't know about that sort of thing so I can't promise you that. With stuff this cheap you'll want the mic somewhere in front or behind you at around head level to get even volume from all the parts, and don't have anything aiming directly at it (especially the kick drum or crashes). Once you're done you can increase the low end a bit and drop the high end some with the EQ to make up for what range it lacks. It isn't good, but it'll work for what you're saying. Don't cover the mic, it ends up sounding muffled, just put it as far away as you can.

Should I have it pointing at my head or the wall behind me? Or to the sides?

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009
You know what, I never thought about the pointing it behind thing. I would say towards your head, but if its a directional mic and its still too loud the wall behind you thing might be a good idea too. Most of all though, you want to put the mic fairly far away from the kit(then you can up the input slider on audacity if you have tons of room)cause they aren't designed for loud. The thing you're looking for with adjusting the input level is keeping the waveform from clipping, so keep it from filling the whole bar vertically. You can always amplify it after, if it clips when you record though it's stuck sounding like crap.

Keep in mind, this will still not sound good, but just sort of passable. Those mics aren't designed for picking up sound that loud and are aimed at mid range stuff so they work well (as well as a 13 dollar microphone can) with voices, not bigol' drumsets.

Ninja Toast! fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Mar 10, 2010

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Ninja Toast! posted:

Depending on what kind of Meinls you have they might be alright as is.

Aside from that, I started out with some crappy Zildjian ZBT's, and wanted to upgrade after breaking the crash, but still didn't want to spend a fortune. I got some Paiste PST5 Thin Crashes, they're relatively low cost and sound great and have good durability for the price. If you're looking to spend $200+ a cymbal they obviously don't compare, but $100 for a good sounding 18 inch thin crash is hard to pass up. (I got a 16 too, and while it's not bad, the bigger ones in the series sound better in my opinion.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY10qiOod4Y This guy uses a bunch of PST 5's in his earlier videos, and still uses a couple in his newer ones.

No experience with the kit however. Are you new to drums or just never had a kit before? Tuning them well is a pain in the rear end but makes a huge difference, you may not need to replace heads if you learn to do that (or jut screw with it until you get it down) if stuff rings too much for you, Remo Dampening rings are cheap and a amazing and decently lazy way to get a completely different sound. They are not a replacement for decent tuning though.

If you're new to drums here's the Drum Tuning Bible to help you out.

This is the first time I have bought an acoustic kit new. I have had an electronic kit for a long time now but wanted something different I can play on at home. I play on my buddies when we jam at his house, but since he is a pretty competent drummer he has his kit exactly how he wants it.

Thanks for the links and advice, that tuning link should help a lot.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Hurdy Gurdy Man posted:

Many apologies if this information is elsewhere and I overlooked it like a shithead, but I'm going to be visiting London (England, not Ontario) for a couple of weeks, and was wondering what music shops are worth checking out. I'm interested mostly in electric guitar gear, and am specifically looking into pedals and possibly a nice case for my Jazzmaster. Anyone in the London area have a favourite place for this kind of stuff? Thanks to anyone who can help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_Street

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

duggimon posted:

There's probably people here who will do a good job for minimal costs if you can describe what it is you're looking for exactly and post a thread.

I've never collaborated with a musician before, what are some things to keep in mind that would be helpful when I put out a request like this.

PhallicPhilharmonic
Jan 29, 2009
I posted a thread on this question earlier, sorry for not noticing this small questions thread earlier...

I have a Yamaha YPG-635 and a MacBook (with OSX - "Extended," if that means anything) that I'm trying to get to play nicely together. I want to use the YPG-635 as a MIDI controller for Ableton Live 8, but I'm having some difficulties. I download a Mac-compatible MIDI driver from this website, but it's not working when I turn the keyboard on and try to "install" the YPG as a midi controller to my Mac. When I pull up the driver from its folder on the hard drive, the icon's color is ghost-like clear and it isn't openable (sorry if that description sucks).

This is my first time installing/using a MIDI keyboard with a DAW, so if any of you have any advice or know what I can do to fix this, I'd be so appreciative.

Also, if anyone can answer this: any board can be used as a midi controller as long as it can send data to a computer and my Yamaha YPG should be compatible with Ableton Live 8, right?

duggimon
Oct 19, 2007

If I had a horse I'd buy it oats and fuck it

AIIAZNSK8ER posted:

I've never collaborated with a musician before, what are some things to keep in mind that would be helpful when I put out a request like this.

Just a description of what you're looking for as clear as you can make it, a brief summary of what it will be used for, any examples you can find on youtube or the like that show the kind of music you're after and obviously what sort of payment you can offer.

Angrycel
Feb 22, 2006
I'm lookin for some help trying to replicate the sound at the start of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUHjDJxkcSE

I'm using a korg x50 keyboard and it has some decent sounds and tons of effects I just can't seem to get it right. I need some help how to set the phaser effect(I think) at the start and any ideas what sort of sounds/combos of sounds you guys would think of to replicate this.

I can usually get most sounds but this is provin annoying now, it sounds pretty simple aswell..!

cheers

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Is there a way to change time signature/tempo in Reason 4? I can only seem to use one time signature for each project. It's a pain in the rear end.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

the Bunt posted:

Is there a way to change time signature/tempo in Reason 4? I can only seem to use one time signature for each project. It's a pain in the rear end.

http://tinyurl.com/y8gbldd

Seriously though this is not the "small questions I was too lazy to spend 30 seconds googling" thread.

EDIT: also there is a prominently labeled "automating tempo and time signature changes" section on page 94 of the Reason 4 manual, it is quite detailed and easy to follow.

h_double fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 11, 2010

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
I was hoping to get a newbie explanation but thanks for being a dick anyways

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
I really want to try and learn to solder my own pickups and pots, whats a good type of solder and soldering iron that I should start off with. Also where can I find Concentric Pots, that are a decent value?

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Twlight posted:

I really want to try and learn to solder my own pickups and pots, whats a good type of solder and soldering iron that I should start off with. Also where can I find Concentric Pots, that are a decent value?

Radioshack irons are handy for beginners, and you can get concentric pots from places like Allparts and Parts-express.

I r Pat
Nov 16, 2006

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Crossposting from the DJ thread! Open to any suggestions, thanks guys!

Hey SA Dj's I'm looking for an inexpensive drum machine (under $150) that will pair well with a MicrKorg and some guitar/bass for making some grooves. I'll be making anything from techno to trance to dance to rock n roll and everything in between.

Any suggestions?

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Does anybody have any recommendations for an inexpensive expression pedal? I'm looking for something to plug into my Edirol PCR-500 control surface to use as volume/wah pedal with Guitar Rig / Amplitube. I see that Behringer and M-Audio make some inexpensive expression pedals, are they decent for home studio use?

h_double fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 14, 2010

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Gorilla Salsa posted:

Radioshack irons are handy for beginners, and you can get concentric pots from places like Allparts and Parts-express.

The tips on Radioshack irons suck and will eat themselves up in no time even with moderate use.
If you're going to order things from Parts-Express anyways just add this in.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=374-100

BulletRiddled
Jun 1, 2004

I survived Disaster Movie and all I got was this poorly cropped avatar

Does anyone know of any decent yet inexpensive amps that sound good with harmonicas?

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

BulletRiddled posted:

Does anyone know of any decent yet inexpensive amps that sound good with harmonicas?

give a Pignose a whirl

BulletRiddled
Jun 1, 2004

I survived Disaster Movie and all I got was this poorly cropped avatar

h_double posted:

give a Pignose a whirl

Sweet, already found one I'm gonna get! Thanks!

tuwhitt
Jan 5, 2004
What the fuck does tuwhitt mean?
Posted this in the pedal board thread but thought this would be a better place for it I think...

I just bought a EHX Memory Toy, but something is totally messed with it I think. How often does this happen? Does it happen? I get mostly clean guitar through it, but if I gently caress around with it long enough, I'll get loads of crazy noise and poo poo, but basically no delay at all. The blend knob pretty much just makes the guitar tone disappear. I swapped batteries but that was no help. (that's not a load of delay at the end it's me picking over and over btw)

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmzyn2j4wjt

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

I'm looking for a chart that was a table of milliseconds to BPM converter when dealing with delays. Anyone have it?

Edit: Hurf Durf yeah that's what I meant.

Noise Machine fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 18, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mystery Date
Aug 2, 2005
STRAGHT FOOL IN A GAY POOL (MUPPETS ROCK)

Noise Machine posted:

I'm looking for a chart that was a table of microseconds to BPM converter when dealing with delays. Anyone have it?

Do you mean milliseconds? You should be able to do the conversion easily enough. For example: 60sec/80bpm = 0.75s = 750ms or 60sec/500ms = 60sec/.5sec = 120bpm. If you did this in microseconds instead, you'd get 1000000 microseconds for 60bpm, and I doubt any delay pedal will allow you to adjust to any point where microseconds would be a useful metric (500 microseconds would be 120000 bpm).