Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

lancemantis posted:

Roommates :argh:

Word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Changed the oil on the R6. It actually went smoothly! I rarely get an oil change where nothing goes terribly wrong. I was a little daunted about taking off the fairings but it was stupid easy. It looks like the factory oil filter may have been on the bike!

No leaks, no issues, starting to run better now that the sea foam is working it's way through the carbs.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Changed my fork seals.

Thanks, youtube how-to!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

The funny thing is: It has way less power than your BMW did. Feels like a monster, because it's light and it pulls real nice, but way less raw acceleration.

Next time you come out, if I still have it, I'll slap you on the back of the ZZR and take you for a spin. :v:
Tickets are bought. I fly out at 6am next Thursday, return trip Monday night.
This time around, Southwest was cheaper than Frontier, and they throw in 2 checked bags for free - one of those bags will have our riding gear, you know...just in case. =)

Content: Nothing.
I'm an idiot. It was a GORGEOUS day out today (72*), and it's after the time change, so I had about 2.5 hours of daylight when I got home.
What did I do? Go riding? NOOOOOOooooo.

I logged into APB. (there's a thread in MMO-HMO for those what care)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I've been too busy riding to play APB, sigh. Riding and being sick. Oh well.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
TODAY I...

Went for a nice little 45 minute ride to soothe the cravings.

When I got home, just to see what would happen, I jumped off without putting down the kickstand! (I forgot)

clutch lever? broke
footpeg? broke
shifter? broke

Why the heck are OEM footpegs $75 apiece? :argh:

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Watommi posted:

TODAY I...

When I got home, just to see what would happen, I jumped off without putting down the kickstand! (I forgot)

clutch lever? broke
footpeg? broke
shifter? broke

Wait, what? Did you even bother holding on to the handlebars?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Because they know they break a lot :D

Two things I hate about Spring

1) Roads may be clear of snow but they're full of debris :(
2) It gets dark too soon still :(

60s today

Snow tomorrow

Nebraska :argh:

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.

schreibs posted:

Wait, what? Did you even bother holding on to the handlebars?

Well of course, but by the time I realized it was going over it was too late to save it. I was standing awkwardly and it kind of fell into me and knocked me out of the way.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

I finally washed mine and then rode the gently caress out of it. It spent half the ride idling around 1200 rpms (yeah!) and the other half stuck around 2500 unless I blipped the throttle several times. Still way better than when I first got it.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Watommi posted:

TODAY I...

clutch lever? broke
footpeg? broke
shifter? broke

That sucks dude. Sorry to hear that. I know this will happen to me at some point. I'm like the most absent minded person on the face of the earth.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Buell pegs are like $20 and apparently fit on everything if you spend some time on them with a file.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I rode it to work, at about 25 mph. Which was about 20-24 mph faster than any car was getting there.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Watommi posted:

This reminds me of something my friend told me. He said he was riding drunk and came to a full stop at a stop sign and forgot to put his foot down.

Mathturbator
Oct 12, 2004
Funny original quote

Gnaghi posted:

He said he was riding drunk
Must... Control... Rage...

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Watommi posted:

TODAY I...

clutch lever? broke
footpeg? broke
shifter? broke

I did this about a month ago, but thanks to the Ninja being so drat tiny I saved it well beyond the point I thought that I could. I think my left peg had already touched down.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Gnaghi posted:

This reminds me of something my friend told me. He said he was riding drunk and came to a full stop at a stop sign and forgot to put his foot down.
You don't have to be drunk to do that. My mom regaled me with a story several times when I was a child.

She was preggers with me, and my dad was driving them someplace in San Jose. An SJPD motor unit pulled up next to them on her side of the car, came to a nice smooth stop. The officer stopped, turned his head and looked right at her, then sllooooooooowly fell over on the right side.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Today I stared at my front brake in contempt. Bikebandit is shipping my pads uncharacteristically slow; it's been 3 days and they havent even gone out yet :smith:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

VFR: Flapperectomy and snorklectomy, widened left clip-on, cleaned and lubed chain
DRZ: Put on case covers, cleaned and lubed chain

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 19, 2010

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

AncientTV posted:

Today I stared at my front brake in contempt. Bikebandit is shipping my pads uncharacteristically slow; it's been 3 days and they havent even gone out yet :smith:

That's about right for them. They don't even carry any oil filters for my bike except for $15 K&N ones anymore :(

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Imagined myself going for a ride. Stupid work.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

Imagined myself going for a ride. Stupid SNOW.

Seriously Nebraska? It was like 63* yesterday

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I fixed the sensor for the fan on my Ninja 500. Good thing I noticed it wasn't working while I was riding in town and didn't get a chance to gently caress my engine.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS
Shipped the CDI off to Canada for a Re-soldering job. Hope it will be fixed: with my luck it wont change poo poo.

Ive already missed all the relatively empty early spring riding weather from this unmoving bike- despite having a nonexistent winter, almost nobody rides until April around here.

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib
Sent my seat off to this guy http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

I am going out of town for a week, hopefully when I get back my seat will be sitting on my front porch and it will be 65 instead of snowing.

TiberiusM
Sep 10, 2006
Fixed my charging problem! Two of the three wires leading from the stator were worn through. Probably because the wires were routed right past the chain. They aren't now, and my battery lasts more than 5 miles, so no more kickstarting at stops.

Changed the oil, fixed a carb leak, and then when I put the carbs back on my new set of o-rings showed up. So I'll be tearing them all apart again tomorrow. And then probably again on tuesday when my jets show up.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Nothing, because it's snowing :(

I always hate order parts that aren't in stock; end up waiting a week for the vendor to get them in and then another week for them to ship to me. There was a vendor I bought parts from a couple times that I will never again (doesn't matter since I don't own the bike they supply parts for anymore). I'm pretty sure they didn't keep an inventory of any kind outside of something they might have made themselves. I'm pretty sure the business model was:

1) Take a week of orders
2) Order parts from suppliers
3) Ship parts when they come in
4) Repeat for next week

Might as well put the Tucker Rocky catalog up at that point and let me choose whatever

I just want my parts :(

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Rode it. been doing quite a bit of highway riding lately so for a change I headed into town. Thought I would go check out some of the Olympic areas now that they are back to normal and see what kind upgrades/horrible damage has been done to my fair city.

Quick stop in Stanley Park

The Olympic rings barge in English bay

North Vancouver

Lions Gate bridge

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

wrecked it. some person in a ford explorer ran a stop sign and t-boned me. now i'm lying in a hospital bed with a broken hip and wondering what the bike looks like

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Imperador do Brasil posted:

wrecked it. some person in a ford explorer ran a stop sign and t-boned me. now i'm lying in a hospital bed with a broken hip and wondering what the bike looks like

Whoah! Glad to hear you are still alive!

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Holy poo poo, did they get the guy/girl who did this to you?!

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Get better quick! Keep us all updated on your condition and if they caught the bastard.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Holy poo poo, I hope that you heal up fast. Any other details on what happened?

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

shipwrek posted:

Rode it. been doing quite a bit of highway riding lately so for a change I headed into town. Thought I would go check out some of the Olympic areas now that they are back to normal and see what kind upgrades/horrible damage has been done to my fair city.

what bike is that? :) looks like a naked GSXR?

Imperador, good luck on recovery. I hope the culprit gets what's coming to him/her/it.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon and hope the loving piece of poo poo driver gets flayed with a rusty fork.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

the walkin dude posted:

what bike is that? :) looks like a naked GSXR?

Naked (HA HA! Naked! - sorry, was watching Harvey Birdman last night) 86 Katana. Otherwise known as the GS750S if I am not completely out to lunch.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

thanks for all the kind words. it was a seventeen year old girl in an explorer who said she didnt see me-riding a bright orange bike on a sunny day, and with a loud exhaust to boot. she didnt run, and the picture in the paper shows her crying talking to a cop, and me on a back board getting worked on by paramedics. i just have to wait till monday for the insurance companies to talk, and i get to have surgery monday or tuesday. WOOOOO!!

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Jesus christ. :(

I rode my bike, didn't hit anyone or get hit, and had an awesome saturday.
:(

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I rode around for over 4 hours today and saw hundreds of bikes on the road. 7 people were wearing full face helmets.

On the brighter side some old guy in a parking lot struck up a conversation about my bike. Always nice to have your ego stroked during a beautiful day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I had a staring contest with some hot piece of rear end as she crossed the street directly in front of me while I waited for the light. She finally looked away when she started to stray from the crosswalk, then looked back once she reached the far side. :c00l:

Yeah I almost crashed like four times thinking about it afterwards, what of it?