Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

tickets on sale in a few minutes :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Lady Gaga Sued For $30 Million By Producer/Ex-Boyfriend Rob Fusari

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/03/19/lady-gaga-sued-for-30-million-by-producerex-boyfriend-rob-fusari/

So do you guys know anymore about this? This is the first I have heard of it.

I read about it. There have been interviews with him saying how he wanted Gaga to be a rocker chick and Gaga wanted to do the Gaga thing and their relationship fell apart over it. I noticed a difference in the style of music in TFM from The Fame and could definitely see how The Fame had more of a rock tinge (Summerboy, Disco Heaven). I think whoever she has now is helping her make better music.

edit: Also how does a cell phone autocorrect "radio" to "lady"?

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

Never thought drumming to Poker Face in Rock Band would be so fun. Love it.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Wow so they have already added an additional 2 shows to New York and another one to San Jose.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Personally I like the production on the EP way more so gently caress that guy. :colbert:

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
She should probably stop getting involved with people she works with though, isn't she seeing some guy in the Haus right now? How long until he sues her for creative disputes?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

appleskates posted:

That video was pretty disturbing. She looks like she took something to help her stay "up" for the show and it just made her spacy. :( Don't do that, Gaga. Stay awesome! It really made me concerned to see her just sit down and half-rear end sing her biggest single so far.

You do realize she was doing coke before and she 'gave it up' to focus on her music, right? That means she will be entering rehab very soon.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
That's actually my biggest concern about Gaga, that things are happening too fast and she's going to burn out. She's gone from being a nobody to being one of the biggest stars in the world in a very short period of time. I expect the rest of the singles from Monster to go #1 which is going to be a very long streak.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Dimentia posted:

I tried to get tickets to the Toronto show today but it looks like I'm going to have to miss it. The lowest price option was sold out, and I wasn't about to pay $100+ for tickets that were still practically in the nosebleed section. :smith:

So those of you who are going to the show better not let me down with grainy shakycam video footage!

heads up, Vancouver sold out in seconds because the ticketmaster server was jammed as per usual. A second show is being added so I wouldn't be shocked if that's the case in Toronto as well.

ruarc
Oct 22, 2008

what
Has anyone seen anything about Dallas or Oklahoma City? I can't find info on ticketmaster or livenation. It looks all TBA.

ruarc fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 20, 2010

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

edit: Also how does a cell phone autocorrect "radio" to "lady"?
someone doesnt want people talking about queen songs :(

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

I managed to get tickets to the San Jose show! After :f5: for a while I finally got a group of tickets and accidentally refreshed the page while I was paying and lost them. I managed to get them back a few minutes later though, but I nearly had a heart attack when I did that. It was terrible.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Action Man posted:

I managed to get tickets to the San Jose show! After :f5: for a while I finally got a group of tickets and accidentally refreshed the page while I was paying and lost them. I managed to get them back a few minutes later though, but I nearly had a heart attack when I did that. It was terrible.

Take me with yooou :(

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

On the subject of the lawsuit, I'd like to say that a prepackaged all female version of The Strokes is the most random and hilariously terrible idea I've ever heard.

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.
I am going to get tickets to the first LA show, I am.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice
I just got back from a trip to Europe, and I swear that "Bad Romance" was playing everywhere.

It also made me realize something--her lyrics are nonsensical and ridiculous, even moreso than other pop artists like Beyonce and Brittney Spears, but having simple gibberish syllables and really simple repeated lyrics makes it easier for non-English speakers to sing along.

Hmmmm. Maybe there's more going on there than I thought.

Firequirks
Apr 15, 2007

Another great article! Thanks for posting. Along the same lines, I see there's a new 'journal' just for Gaga articles: Gaga Stigmata Submit your previous articles and they will probably link/post them!

I was wondering what people thought about Gaga's manner during the moments that she is serving the food in the diner. She is walking like she's on the catwalk, she puts her hand on her hip and leans super-far back into it, and most striking to me is the dead-eye stare she has the entire time. She doesn't even look at the table. There are a couple of shots of her just stationary while Tyrese dies -- it feels like there's an importance there that I can't articulate.

Is it a version of just 'playing normal' while secretly thrilled about the coming murder? Does she actually feel nothing (no remorse whatsoever) about her actions, and this is how it's displayed? Is it a part of what other Gaga essayists noted as having cyborg/automata connotations?

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.
Fuuuuuuck 15 minute wait in line, I hope there are tickets left. :ohdear:

Edit: Yes! See you in five months, bitches!

inaniloquent fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 20, 2010

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

legsarerequired posted:

her lyrics are nonsensical and ridiculous, even moreso than other pop artists like Beyonce and Brittney Spears
Any particular reason you chose those two?

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.
I would say Gaga and Spears have pretty close lyrical sensibilities. It's not like Britney was dropping Kafka references on us or anything. It's dance music, usually about being in the club

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I am anxiously waiting for the club/bub rhyming to go away.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Lady Gaga posted:

We sold out three madison square gardens in 1 hour little monsters! I was just a girl after her teenage dream, thank u for standing by me.

And now my hunt for tickets begins

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

inaniloquent posted:

I would say Gaga and Spears have pretty close lyrical sensibilities. It's not like Britney was dropping Kafka references on us or anything. It's dance music, usually about being in the club
Bad Romance does have those Hitchcock references though, that's pretty cool.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

legsarerequired posted:

It also made me realize something--her lyrics are nonsensical and ridiculous, even moreso than other pop artists like Beyonce and Brittney Spears, but having simple gibberish syllables and really simple repeated lyrics makes it easier for non-English speakers to sing along.

This is true. My girlfriend speaks Spanish/Korean/Japanese and her English is terrible, and for all the Mountain Goats songs I play for her, the only stuff she'll sing along to is Gaga :(

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
a friend of mine just bought tickets for my girlfriend and I (and herself) for the staples center show.

floor tickets.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. so excited. $190 a ticket excited.

DeadEyes
May 30, 2007

DeadEyes fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 21, 2010

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.

Legs Benedict posted:

a friend of mine just bought tickets for my girlfriend and I (and herself) for the staples center show.

floor tickets.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. so excited. $190 a ticket excited.

Ha ha, my husband said I could only be $80 a ticket excited. Rockin' the nosebleed section. :saddowns:

Cheese Monkey
Mar 17, 2009

inaniloquent posted:

Ha ha, my husband said I could only be $80 a ticket excited. Rockin' the nosebleed section. :saddowns:

Better then missing out on her entirely :sigh:. Missed out on the NYC shows so I have to try for the Boston show.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm in the front standing section at her concert here in Brisbane next Saturday... super excited!

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!

HookShot posted:

I'm in the front standing section at her concert here in Brisbane next Saturday... super excited!

Same concert but back standing for me, still excited. :D

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift
#not mine...

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Wow so I was watching cartoons with my 6 year old nephew and saw that Paparazzi is on Kidz Bop 17.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Wow so I was watching cartoons with my 6 year old nephew and saw that Paparazzi is on Kidz Bop 17.

I saw it featured on a creepily overdramatic advertisement for an upcoming dog show.

Kidz Bop, though? That's kinda creepy. I mean, I'm sure they've had more inappropriate songs on there in the past, but still.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

San Jose sold out :sigh:

Looks like I'm gonna have to sulk on my birthday :smithicide:

Firequirks
Apr 15, 2007

I found someone on CL selling the Little Monster Zone floor tickets I wanted to the Aug 23rd Vancouver show for face value. I met him at the Ticketmaster outlet today (printed in front of me, so they're not fake tickets) and made the purchase. I haven't had my tickets printed out yet, because when I sell my seats on CL I can have the same 'authenticity' claim by having the buyer meet me where the tickets are printed. If you keep an eye on ads, you might be able to find tickets still :shobon:

Now to find someone who actually wants to go to the concert with me. I might end up selling one of my floor tickets on CL too. :smith:

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Dark Weasel posted:

I saw it featured on a creepily overdramatic advertisement for an upcoming dog show.

Kidz Bop, though? That's kinda creepy. I mean, I'm sure they've had more inappropriate songs on there in the past, but still.

A previous CD had Poker Face on it, so that's a yes. I wonder what they changed the "bluffin' with my muffin" line to?

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.
I tried to find a Kidz Bop Poker Face track but I couldn't. I think this it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4NjVbRI2e0), but I'm not sure. It would be weird if there were two kids bands singing Poker Face, though. It sounds the same for the most part, hoping the "hot" and "rough" stuff is ambiguous to go over their heads. Augh, this is hosed up. :psyduck:

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry
Actually, now that I think of it, I think the "kids badly singing pop songs that are completely inappropriate for them" group was called Mini Pops. So yes, there are two loving groups doing this. :psypop:

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

HookShot posted:

There with you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpecialAgentCooper
Sep 15, 2008

Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
who else gonna go to boston?? PUMPED

• Locked thread