Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

KozmoNaut posted:

I'll be in my bunk...

Someone get that girl a sandwich, goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Tsaven Nava posted:

Someone get that girl a sandwich, goddamn.

I didn't know they even made designer women's jeans in Skeletor's size.

Sweet old school Gilera, mind.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I have no idea :psyduck:

sectoidman
Aug 21, 2006
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.

KozmoNaut posted:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

KozmoNaut posted:

When he goes down he'll remember to slide only on the armored points, right?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8882848775450234998

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:
A pretty funny R6 ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0epbZYcXF50&NR=1

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

Holy gently caress that was amazing, i have never seen moto gp racing like that. Given it's the highlight's that helps, but jesus what a race. I have never been so stoked in my life

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

What track is that? Cause holy poo poo.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's not a MotoGP race, it's the North West 200. Nor is it a race track. Those are normal Irish suburban streets and back roads. It's part of the Irish Road Race series, the same sort of racing they do at the IoM TT and Macau GP.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
Northern Ireland, not Ireland (they're separate countries).

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
Here's some extremely boring video of my first ride this season.
Also the first time I used my Countour HD, and I'm pretty happy with it (besides the wind noise).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-IrtuKXl5Y

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ranathari posted:

Northern Ireland, not Ireland (they're separate countries).

I thought there was races held in both?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Valfar posted:

Here's some extremely boring video of my first ride this season.
Also the first time I used my Countour HD, and I'm pretty happy with it (besides the wind noise).

Apparently "keep right" is a foreign concept to many Norwegian drivers :haw:

Totally diggin' the graphics on your KTM, very nice. Also, if the microphone on the ContourHD is one of those where it's just a hole in the casing, perhaps sticking a bit of tape over it would cut out some of the wind noise. Dunno how much engine noise it'll cut out as well, though.

EDIT: Content:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Mar 21, 2010

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

Click here for the full 599x800 image.

I found this today here at RIT. At first I thought it was a 250, until I came closer. I did some research based on the zx-6r label, and apparently it's a late 80's Ninja 600R. I didn't quite realize that older Ninja bodies were universal in a way. Such a tiny machine for a 600cc...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

whoring it up sorry

Dont be, I maintain that the 04-05 GSXR 600's were the best looking ones made. The generation before that (00-03) was the second best. The new ones are just goofy, and the old SRAD ones are cool but didnt age as well.

I'm biased because I own one, but I'm partial to the 04's in yellow/black.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

the walkin dude posted:

Click here for the full 599x800 image.

I found this today here at RIT. At first I thought it was a 250, until I came closer. I did some research based on the zx-6r label, and apparently it's a late 80's Ninja 600R. I didn't quite realize that older Ninja bodies were universal in a way. Such a tiny machine for a 600cc...

They're not really universal at all. One took design cues from the other, but trying to fit 600 fairings on a 250 ends in tears.

Sort of like how the new FZ6R is inspired by the R6...someone's gonna look back one day and say exactly the same thing about those bikes :) Or the ZX6R and the new 250.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sometimes I get really obsessed with the most mundane parts of motorcycling.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Is that a paper or fabric background? Lighting?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Posterboard background. Lighting is in a homemade lightbox, lit with a 75W 5000K CFL in a metal reflector clamp lamp. Home depot special, about $15 all said and done.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

Posterboard background. Lighting is in a homemade lightbox, lit with a 75W 5000K CFL in a metal reflector clamp lamp. Home depot special, about $15 all said and done.

drat, I thought those were professionally done, very nice. I think those mikunis are pretty similar to the ones on the GSX-R500. :3:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Click here for the full 1452x972 image.

Magpul's Buell 1125R Ronin project, hot drat.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Picture by Joe from 4theriders.com:

POWER GLOVE! :dance:

(Edit: Not me.)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The equestrian version of "Had to lay er down":

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POJ5fak9dnk
Vroom. Vroom Vroom. :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXTMLhW6zN4
fun time-lapse vid of the same kind of bike filtering across London. I think I know where this guy parks frequently, there can't be too many dark coloured TDM900's in Chiswick.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Filtering down what would be the double yellow of a 2 way street? Jesus.

Also, I initially thought when you said "TDM" that you meant "Tenere".

Coolest looking bike ever :swoon:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Phat_Albert posted:

I wish they could do animated tattoos because I would love to have this with me at all times.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Z3n posted:

That surprised cyclops has the same engine as my Peg.
Most of the roads don't have a double yellow just some kind of dashed line. It's ok apparently to filter between your lane and the oncoming traffic. Or if it isn't nobody seems to care/heed/mind, including police. I do it when occasionally, but you have to be a lot more conservative and ready to duck back in when a bus or truck is coming the other way, or if it gets too narrow. You usually end up doing it when the lanes on your side of the road are too narrow to filter between the cars.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Phat_Albert posted:

Is that another scene from the Indian Matrix?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Z3n posted:

This looks like a GI Joe vehicle. Awesome.

sectoidman
Aug 21, 2006
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.

Slim Pickens posted:

Click here for the full 1452x972 image.

Magpul's Buell 1125R Ronin project, hot drat.

http://www.magpul.com/aboutronin.html

It looks like they actually made it lighter and improved performance. Interesting.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

This looks like a GI Joe vehicle. Awesome.

The gauges are awesome too. Super simple, basic, and very utilitarian/GI Joe as well. Reminds me of the little stick on gauges from the toys I played with as a kid :3:

sectoidman posted:

http://www.magpul.com/aboutronin.html

It looks like they actually made it lighter and improved performance. Interesting.

It's closer to the bike that buell should have built. Honestly, I could see those being hugely popular, although they'd probably be best off trading the front end for a traditional one.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Freeze yer brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLYwmm0XhOs

Dunno how applicable this will be, or if it would work, figure someone will chime in on it though.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
I think this is the right place to post this, and it might be a repeat (sorry if it is!) but I saw this on digg:

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/9LmcB.gif

:monocle:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Silver posted:

Freeze yer brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLYwmm0XhOs

Dunno how applicable this will be, or if it would work, figure someone will chime in on it though.

I don't think it's the heat generated from the impact that causes the damage, I think it's more the squishing against the skull. I'm no doctor though. I guess if it chills your brains enough to bring the swelling down maybe that's good but it would have to get pretty drat cold to do it through your hair and skull. And if it got that cold, wouldn't it freeze your brain surface?

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I think this is the right place to post this, and it might be a repeat (sorry if it is!) but I saw this on digg:

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/9LmcB.gif

:monocle:

That is amazing.

Balloon Time Hooray!
Apr 18, 2007
Maybe you're not an ugly human being but a good looking ape... with exceptional verbal skills.

Linedance posted:

I don't think it's the heat generated from the impact that causes the damage, I think it's more the squishing against the skull. I'm no doctor though. I guess if it chills your brains enough to bring the swelling down maybe that's good but it would have to get pretty drat cold to do it through your hair and skull. And if it got that cold, wouldn't it freeze your brain surface?

You can get brain damage from too much heat, just like a fever. All the friction of the helmet rubbing against the ground could bring up the temperature, especially if its summer. It wasn't getting THAT cold, only down to normal body temp (98.6 F)according to that video, not exactly close to freezing.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
omg cop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBTGgT_V5F8

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

I swear that road must provide endless hours of amusement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

Linedance posted:

Cooling people with brain injuries after it happens significantly improves outcome. It's currently standard care in the UK to cool people after cardiac arrest or head trauma in intensive care for 24 hours because they usually come out better.

That said, this isn't really going to help much - the original study showing the benefit of therapeutic hypothermia showed a benefit even if cooling was delayed up to 8 hours after the initial insult (probably because it's the late cascade of cell damage that hypothermia prevents, not the acute neuronal injury). It's probably just a gimmick right now.