Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

sirbeefalot posted:

I had a staring contest with some hot piece of rear end as she crossed the street directly in front of me while I waited for the light. She finally looked away when she started to stray from the crosswalk, then looked back once she reached the far side. :c00l:

Yeah I almost crashed like four times thinking about it afterwards, what of it?

She probably just thought you're some weirdo cause you were staring. I'm one to talk though, with my trusty tinted visor I just blatantly stare at every chick I pass.

Grounded the neutral safety switch on the 636 after it stranded me at Taco Bell for 20 minutes. Got home and my tacos were cold and the wrong order to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Changed oil and both oil filters (Crazy Austrians) in the KTM. Think it ran a little better in my garage with fresh stuff, could be in my head.

And dusted off the Ducati, could be doing lots of that this summer :haw:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Wadded the poo poo out of the DRZ today. Got the front end stuck in a rut, tried to power out of it, the bike went sideways, and I lowsided at around 30mph. Slid quite a ways, thankfully in my leathers, and got a little banged up. Doing ok though. DRZ busted the radiator cap, cut the ride short :(

Why is everyone crashing now? :(

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Z3n posted:

Wadded the poo poo out of the DRZ today. Got the front end stuck in a rut, tried to power out of it, the bike went sideways, and I lowsided at around 30mph. Slid quite a ways, thankfully in my leathers, and got a little banged up. Doing ok though. DRZ busted the radiator cap, cut the ride short :(

Why is everyone crashing now? :(

I dont know...probably a combination of being out of practice and exploring new terrain.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

schreibs posted:

I dont know...probably a combination of being out of practice and exploring new terrain.

Yeah...I totally forgot that it's the start of the riding season for the rest of the world that doesn't have eternal summer.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Imperador do Brasil posted:

wrecked it. some person in a ford explorer ran a stop sign and t-boned me. now i'm lying in a hospital bed with a broken hip and wondering what the bike looks like

drat. Here's hoping for a full recovery and a trip to the dealer with a fat insurance check.

4-1/2 quarts of Mobil 1, a NAPA oil filter that looks suspiciously like a Suzuki filter with a different label silkscreened on, and a pair of NGK Iridium IXs.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
Changed the oil! Like Bucephalus, took 4-1/2 liters of oil. This time Rotella synthetic 5w40 ;)

I find it amazing that my 750cc bike is only 1/2 a quart of oil short of matching the amount my dad's 4.3 Chevy pickup takes.

I also blew the air filter out and did a few other things. The bike, she rips!

..and leaks quite a bit. :( Going to have to fix that soon before I lose all of my new oil.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rode the DRZ to lunch with some friends in the city. I got to take advantage of the free, readily available motorcycle parking. 8) When I came back a 625 SMC was parked next to me. Minus side, I didn't do a pre-ride check and realized halfway out that my left read signal wasn't working. Jigging the wire gets it working, so I'm going to have to play with it tomorrow. Obviously my splice wasn't good enough.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Fixed it! :woop:

The radiator was just dumping straight into the overflow. The cap wasn't sealing right, it and the mount had gotten slightly bent up in the accident. I pounded it flat, straightened the cap out, and now it seals properly.

Of course, I also bent the poo poo out of the radiator mounts on the side I crashed on, but that's life. I just bent them back, problem solved :)

Also, gotta love having the bike down to the valve cover in like, 3 minutes. I never want to work on anything else again.

Although installing the skid plate made me consider a deal with the devil...I shouldn't need to use a 2 ton floor jack to help me install a loving skid plate. Maybe if I'd stop crashing though then it wouldn't be such a pain in the rear end to install. :downs:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Z3n posted:

Although installing the skid plate made me consider a deal with the devil...I shouldn't need to use a 2 ton floor jack to help me install a loving skid plate. Maybe if I'd stop crashing though then it wouldn't be such a pain in the rear end to install. :downs:

What skid plate did you go with? Been considering getting one for the DRZ along with a set of dirt wheels/tires

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

What skid plate did you go with? Been considering getting one for the DRZ along with a set of dirt wheels/tires

It came with the bike, it was apparently made by a local guy working out of his garage. It's beefy as all hell.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
My girlfriend bought this tint and installed it, all for my birthday.

I can't get over how much better my Ninja looks. Especially at night.

Click here for the full 599x800 image.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Z3n posted:

for the rest of the world that doesn't have eternal summer.

There are a few of us in the rest of the world that don't live in America too.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Same as last week, froze my rear end

The NonBornKing
Jun 25, 2007
Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds, I took a shot o' cocaine and I shot my woman down.

sirbeefalot posted:

hot piece of rear end

Ahh the joys of the full face helmet. I love it when girls don't shrink away from my gnarled visage.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Finally got around to installing my frame sliders. Nothing quite like taking a hole saw to nearly new fairings on a bike. By the way, whoever came up with the convoluted bullshit mid fairing removal process on a 2008 CBR1000 needs to be shot. Holy poo poo what a pain in the rear end.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

needknees posted:

By the way, whoever came up with the convoluted bullshit mid fairing removal process on a 2008 CBR1000 any modern fully faired Honda needs to be shot. Holy poo poo what a pain in the rear end.

[working title]
Dec 7, 2004
Aaargh!
Shameless whoring of the home made fix for my bagster tank cover I finished yesterday. I spent ages getting material samples, then trimming and fixing but I think it looks pretty good. I'm not vain :v:

What it looked like before

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

drat, looks OEM. Well done.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

The NonBornKing posted:

Ahh the joys of the full face helmet. I love it when girls don't shrink away from my gnarled visage.

I like full face helmets. Lets me stare at the girls not staring at me.

..... :smith:

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
Left Friday night to go to Bridgeport, Tx, and on Saturday we installed new Pilot Road 2 tires on the ST. I then rode to dinner and then back to our hotel, in the snow. :D

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sharp_angus posted:

I like full face helmets. Lets me stare at the girls not staring at me.

..... :smith:

Need more awesome/hooliganism

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Rode it a bunch in town. Valves are getting louder by the day, Hopefully will have time in the next two days to work on them.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
On Saturday I took my Husqvarna to the Supermoto track where I overshot a landing, knocked the wind out of myself, hurt my back, and bent the front wheel into a shape that I would not describe as a circle.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Zool posted:

On Saturday I took my Husqvarna to the Supermoto track where I overshot a landing, knocked the wind out of myself, hurt my back, and bent the front wheel into a shape that I would not describe as a circle.

Did you get it on video?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Zool posted:

It's not entirely unlike a circle. It's just... bent in the middle. Bent in the English way.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

Did you get it on video?

If I had, it would have been a bit like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_d2emvhQiQ#t=00m47s

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Zool posted:

If I had, it would have been a bit like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_d2emvhQiQ#t=00m47s

How remarkably pathetic.

It's ok, I sat there and felt like a little child for awhile when I crashed on Saturday too. :v:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I can tell you what I didn't do to it. I didn't ride it to work. :(

A few weeks ago when I tried starting it up the first time in a few weeks, I flooded it and ran down the battery. After a quick charge up and removing 3 plugs, I got it running and have been happy since.

... until today when it wouldn't crank and I remembered that I never charged the battery up to full and I had left my GPS on the bike. :bang:

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Was adjsuting valves on the KTM and stripped the adjuster screw with the jam nut. Taking it to shop to get it fixed right :sigh:

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Mounted a Chatterbox X1. loving hell this is awesome to have music I can hear over earplugs and to be able to chat for more than just yelling at each other through helmets at stop lights.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Well, it's not technically my bike but I helped a friend replace his forward foot controls on his Harley Sportster 1200 with mid-controls. It was a bigger pain in the rear end than it should have been. Apparently it was well worth it because he says the bike handles much better.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Finally got around to putting the trickle charger pigtail on the bike in order to charge the battery up. Tucked it behind the side cover (and checked the coolant while I was in there - looks great!).

Also put on some real connectors on my GPS tap instead of just cramming the bare wires under the terminal screws.

Bonus - everything went smoothly and everything works! I didn't have any hosed up problems! :hellyeah:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
It didn't feel quite like 50 out, maybe I'm getting soft for warmer weather already.

I hope it rains on Saturday like it did today.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Picked up a big 'ol 32mm socket and finally adjusted my chain :ohdear:. Also ordered various bits to get my V1 installed on the bike.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007
Picked the old girl up from the shop. She was due for a big service (carbies, valve clearance, etc) but was having some front brake issues. All fixed now, plus they lubed up the throttle. I'll have to take care now, not used to a super responsive throttle action!

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift

Watommi posted:

TODAY I...

Went for a nice little 45 minute ride to soothe the cravings.

When I got home, just to see what would happen, I jumped off without putting down the kickstand! (I forgot)

clutch lever? broke
footpeg? broke
shifter? broke

Why the heck are OEM footpegs $75 apiece? :argh:

Haha, I have never done this, but I have taken off without putting the kickstand up a couple times. It generally makes a horrible noise when it hits the road and I think I'm going to die until I figure out what's going on. I'm just waiting for the time it catches something and sends me flying.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Got the new brakes pads on finally, and then realized my battery had died and my gas had gone bad in the time it took to get the pads. :suicide:

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Knocked some ice off of it and confirmed that while I'm willing to ride at 31 degrees, my 28 year old bike just doesn't want to start unless it's ~38 out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Took the 50 to a test and tune day. Ended up being 3 hours racing around a few parking lots. Found out my bike runs like absolute poo poo and that I was stupid to not bring my leathers to a test and tune day. Need to get the bike figured out for the race tomorrow.

Those little bikes will kick your rear end if you don't respect them. Two people looped them attempting wheelies, 3 low sides, 1 high side.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 27, 2010