Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Some new Lady GaGa video where she has Doom, GISM, and Icons of Filth painted on her jacket.

she obviously doesn't know about the sakevi curse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
cross post

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

cross post

What the poo poo?

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

I literally have no words.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

idgi

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

A5H posted:

idgi

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

cross post

How - wha- wh-

sweet?

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007
The new Against Me! leaked.

If New Wave made you apoplectic, well, hey, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Dancing Potato posted:

The new Against Me! leaked.

If New Wave made you apoplectic, well, hey, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

gently caress. It's goddamn awful. Dude needs to quit writing songs about how everyone turned on him. We get it dude. Now write something decent so we can forgive you.

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Hmm, it may be time to hock my studded jacket.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

brother-joseph posted:

I'm a cross-posting douchebag who couldn't get any help in Recommendation... please help me punk megathread!

Looking for something similar to this:

Squad Five-O - Late News Breaking

It's glammy "rock and roll" that's really major with a lot of punk influence. Their two albums before this are really good too, but this one's a classic.

Looking around I couldn't find much. Last.fm wasn't helpful at ALL, Pandora sucked too mostly, but did recommend the Black Halos. The closest thing in my collection to this stuff is probably the Heart Attacks or the River City Rebels.

Anyone have any ideas?

I haven't listened to that album but glammy "rock and roll" that's really major with a lot of punk influences makes me think of Hollywood Brats.

Edit: Also, what's the deal with the GISM and DOOM GAGA references? Who made those? I saw that the DOOM one was at a record store that had a G.A.T.E.S. record.

Daily Life fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Mar 14, 2010

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Ugh, it's been a while since I've gone into my "listen to Unwound constantly" phase, but here it goes again! I still think they're easily one of the most consistent bands ever.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Daily Life posted:

I haven't listened to that album but glammy "rock and roll" that's really major with a lot of punk influences makes me think of Hollywood Brats.

Edit: Also, what's the deal with the GISM and DOOM GAGA references? Who made those? I saw that the DOOM one was at a record store that had a G.A.T.E.S. record.

Pretty sure that's not a record store in the photo, it's someone's personal collection.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Pretty sure that's not a record store in the photo, it's someone's personal collection.

Yea I realized that but I still want a back story to it.

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!
Just got some rough tracks back from the studio and I'm stoked...

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Daily Life posted:

Yea I realized that but I still want a back story to it.

Um, she made a music video wearing a leather jacket with GISM, DOOM and Icons of Filth patches on it so someone made them as a joke response?

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Um, she made a music video wearing a leather jacket with GISM, DOOM and Icons of Filth patches on it so someone made them as a joke response?

They seem too well done to have been made that quickly after the news surfaced. I was thinking it was just someone messing around with art. I guess this doesn't really matter...

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

For what it's worth, I found that image in a thread over at Profane Existence...I didn't fabricate it

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Those images are floating on a lot of music boards.

What I'm most interested in is the fact that I think her buttflap/bottom of jacket has DYSTOPIA painted on the bottom. Pretty sure anyway.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
She probably gave some kid a bunch of money for his/her jacket. Basically means some kid somewhere sprang for beer for like, a month.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

EvilRobot posted:

She probably gave some kid a bunch of money for his/her jacket. Basically means some kid somewhere sprang for beer for like, a month.

According to the only B9 thread Ive ever read, the most likely explanation of the jacket is that is belongs to the director of the video who used to be in Bathory and he bought it from some expensive place somewhere.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lighting the Gerfatty/Paper Triangles signal, new House Boat EP comes out this...May? I think? on Traffic Street, and it'll be up for download on amazon and itunes and all that poo poo too

Cover art:

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Dickeye posted:

Lighting the Gerfatty/Paper Triangles signal, new House Boat EP comes out this...May? I think? on Traffic Street, and it'll be up for download on amazon and itunes and all that poo poo too

Cover art:

YESSSSSSSS

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

According to the only B9 thread Ive ever read, the most likely explanation of the jacket is that is belongs to the director of the video who used to be in Bathory and he bought it from some expensive place somewhere.

So if you where in Bathory back when it was more than just a one man band you get access to a secret store where they sell pre-made PUNX jackets?

Sure. Makes perfect sense.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

So I've found I'm totally in love with Cap'n Jazz. What other artists would you lump together with them?

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

EvilRobot posted:

So if you where in Bathory back when it was more than just a one man band you get access to a secret store where they sell pre-made PUNX jackets?

Sure. Makes perfect sense.

According to B9. Not me. I dont give a poo poo where it came from. It rules.

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!

Skittle Wood posted:

So I've found I'm totally in love with Cap'n Jazz. What other artists would you lump together with them?

it might be kind of a stretch, but i've always thought Braid shared some similarities

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Listening to White Crosses is like getting elbowed in the solar plexus, and as you’re on your stomach on the ground trying to catch your breath, Tom Gabel comes over and picks you up by your hair and knees you in the teeth.

I don't know why I thought it would be anything other than terrible. :saddowns:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
On a related note, new Sass Dragons album comes out at about the same time. The vinyl is set to come out in May, so the CD should be out before then. It's gonna be called New Kids on the Bong and with a name like that it can't be bad

ZetsurinPower
Dec 14, 2003

I looooove leftovers!

Angiepants posted:

Listening to White Crosses is like getting elbowed in the solar plexus, and as you’re on your stomach on the ground trying to catch your breath, Tom Gabel comes over and picks you up by your hair and knees you in the teeth.

I don't know why I thought it would be anything other than terrible. :saddowns:

it just makes me laugh that much harder at the thousands of people with AM! tats

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Dickeye posted:

On a related note, new Sass Dragons album comes out at about the same time. The vinyl is set to come out in May, so the CD should be out before then. It's gonna be called New Kids on the Bong and with a name like that it can't be bad

I preferred Boner Pilot but I don't really care what it's called because it has human being Boys on it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Angiepants posted:

I preferred Boner Pilot but I don't really care what it's called because it has human being Boys on it.

I'm basically down with whatever they call it because goddamn they are so rad

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Skittle Wood posted:

I don't know what you've heard of all this so far, and this is all at the top of my head, but here goes anyway.

Algernon Cadwallader - basically a Cap'n Jazz rip-off, but they rule, so it's all good
Snowing
American Football - lot's of the same members as Cap'n Jazz, less punk, more indie rock, though
Owls - 4 of the 5 members of Cap'n Jazz are in Owls, just missing a little of the energy, though
Grown Ups
Snowing
The Promise Ring
Castevet - more similar to American Football than Cap'n Jazz, but if you can also dig some build-ups and crescendos, it's so good

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

According to B9. Not me. I dont give a poo poo where it came from. It rules.

I'm not judging you duder, I'm just saying that the explanation sounds flimsy, aside from the fact the director was in Bathory. Which is true. Also it rules.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Getting back into punk after a long break, what current stuff would you guys recommend for someone who owns everything Dillinger Four and Kid Dynamite ever released?

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Volvagia posted:

Getting back into punk after a long break, what current stuff would you guys recommend for someone who owns everything Dillinger Four and Kid Dynamite ever released?

If you like Kid Dynamite you'll probably like Shook Ones.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volvagia posted:

Banner Pilot, Off With Their Heads

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Dickeye posted:

Banner Pilot, Off With Their Heads

Dear Landlord. Now.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Iron Lung posted:

Dear Landlord. Now.

I forgot Dear Landlord. not a huge fan of them, except for that one song Grath from the Steinways/House Boat/Barrakuda McMurder wrote, think it's Lost Cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Anyone seen Weedeater on their current tour? They are playing here tonight and I really want to go, but I also know the show is going to be like 6 hours long, with metal bands I dont care about.