Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

SiKboy posted:

This is all presuming Brock would be willing to show up and play ball.

This is probably what will nix it, along with Brock's departure being kind of embarassing and a lot of talent that was working around the time being pissed at him for leaving.

They will induct Goldberg, a guy who constantly badmouths his WWE run, before Lesnar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Shaman of Cum posted:

the only new people really pushed to the moon are drew & sheamus...both hhh's buddies. makes you think. . .

I don't know anything about Drew, but Sheamus is well-liked because he reminds Triple H of himself at that age; eating and breathing wrestling, spending way more time learning and training than the minimum being asked of him. This is exactly the kind of person they have spent the last few years searching for.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Do you think Vince will ever induct Brock Lesnar into the Hall of Fame?

There's a lot of "if's" for that to happen. First, UFC has to become a major sport for it to make sense. Second, UFC has to either no longer be a competitor or be so far above them that they're comfortable piggy-backing. It's pretty much impossible to answer until like 10 years from now.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

When's the last time Kane busted out the Tombstone? The last time I remember him doing one was after he was forced to lose the mask and got TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL and Tombstoned Linda on the stage. Has he done it at all since?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CM Junk posted:

When's the last time Kane busted out the Tombstone? The last time I remember him doing one was after he was forced to lose the mask and got TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL and Tombstoned Linda on the stage. Has he done it at all since?

He Tombstoned Miz when he thought Kelly Kelly was in love with him.

As I recall, Miz was still selling it the following week.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.
I have just read all 136 pages in this thread. Every post.

So my question is - am I loving mental?

And for content - when was the last WWF ppv where Bret didn't wear the all black attire? I'm thinking Bad Blodd October 97?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Has Vince ever been a face? And I don't mean his run as play-by-play/announcer guy, but since he's been an in ring personality? I've only ever seen him as the evil head corporate guy.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Vince plays the face sporadically, and with little lead up to him being face. Example: Vince threw Eric Bischoff into the garbage truck, ending the "Eric Bischoff is leaving Raw" angle. Bischoff was definitely a heel, and Vince definitely got a face reaction for it (and was behaving face-esque).

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
Vince was a face right before the "It was me Austin! It was me all along!" Higher Power swerve.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Actually, I can't believe I forgot that I did see a Vince face run. When HHH "secretly" married Steph before Test could, Vince and HHH had a match at some PPV which Vince was the face. Steph at the end got a hold of HHH's sledgehammer and turned on Vince.

Also, was Steph and Test legit together? I seem to remember that they were and Trips really did steal her.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Vince was playing the face as well in the Invasion angle.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

was a face around this time last year during orton vs. mcmahons

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Vince won the WWF Championship as a face. :haw:

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Orgophlax posted:

Has Vince ever been a face? And I don't mean his run as play-by-play/announcer guy, but since he's been an in ring personality? I've only ever seen him as the evil head corporate guy.

Vince and the whole McMahon family were faces in the build-up leading to Triple H/Orton at Wrestlemania 25 when he got punted by Orton on Raw around January last year. He was also pretty much a face when they did the whole McMahon Millions thing.

But you know.. I think Vince is quite a rare character in that he can turn face and heel pretty much on a whim. He can be the most evil S.O.B for a while, disappear and then come back to cheers and bowing depending on the situation. It's crazy.

The Cosby Mysteries fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 22, 2010

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

He was sort of a tweener before getting into it with Shawn Michaels.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
How does one go about getting involved in the creative side of wrestling (i.e. writing and gimmicks and the like)? Do you apply to work for local indies and work your way up or what?

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
I've heard a few ex-WWE wrestlers mention the "bear-skin rug" in Stamford. Anyone know what that's referring to?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
What would happen if John Cena keeled over? Say from a non-steroid related death.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Rankine Over Gash posted:

I have just read all 136 pages in this thread. Every post.

So my question is - am I loving mental?

Not until you finish reading the old 300 page thread.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Mooseontheloose posted:

What would happen if John Cena keeled over? Say from a non-steroid related death.

A spirited comeback, with death tapping out to the STF within seconds of it being applied.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Happy Happyist posted:

I've heard a few ex-WWE wrestlers mention the "bear-skin rug" in Stamford. Anyone know what that's referring to?

I have no idea but just based on the way you typed it out Im going to assume its some kind of casting couch...

evale
Dec 20, 2009

Trollologist posted:

How does one go about getting involved in the creative side of wrestling (i.e. writing and gimmicks and the like)? Do you apply to work for local indies and work your way up or what?

Didn't Lance Storm write about this? His suggestion was get yourself a degree and some experience. Or you could try the being in the business for years and working your way up thing.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Orgophlax posted:

He was a face when he saved Rock here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY547sxOqfk

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

He was a face when he saved Rock here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY547sxOqfk
I love poo poo like this but it makes me sad that wrestling will probably never be like this again.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Trollologist posted:

As evale mentioned, Lance Storm just did a blog about this. He pointed out that there are literally hundreds or thousands of wrestling fans who are interested in the writing side of the business, but being a fan of something does not mean you're capable of working in the industry.

He suggests going to school for writing and then try to get in somewhere after you graduate/get some writing experience (even if it isn't in wrestling writing)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Trollologist posted:

For WWE? Go to college, get a degree, go get a writing job somewhere, preferably in television, and get a few years experience writing there, then apply for a job with WWE and probably end up making less money/working way harder.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jerusalem posted:

For WWE? Go to college, get a degree, go get a writing job somewhere, preferably in television, and get a few years experience writing there, then apply for a job with WWE and probably end up making less money/working way harder.

Which is why that whole direction of advice is so dumb.

Yeah, I'll go to school and get a degree in writing, which is practically useless, but I'll struggle until I somehow luck into a job writing for television or something which 10 million other people are trying for, and then after years of doing that I'll go work for an egomaniacal blow hard nutcase and his band of carney misfits for way less money than I was making and get no respect from anyone in the world, and everything I write will get thrown away by Vince or Steph because I'm a dumb outsider who doesn't know poo poo about poo poo.

But I'll be writing Pro wrestling! gently caress drat!

Its infinitely more practical and more likely to tell people to find a local indy promotion, volunteer to help them out, network with the people that work there. Hopefully eventually they will bring you into the staff and you can move up from there. Then you will be working in pro wrestling.

Way A is American Pipe Dream Work Hard and Your Dreams will Come True! Bullshit.
Way B is going to pay crappy (nothing is real crappy) and probably crumble out from under you a million times, but its do-able.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Which is why that whole direction of advice is so dumb.

I would say someone should go to college if the finest job they can think of is to work as a wrestling writer. That or keep flipping burgers.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I would say someone should go to college if the finest job they can think of is to work as a wrestling writer. That or keep flipping burgers.

Yeah Yeah, everyone should go to college, I'm just saying if people want to work in wrestling telling them to go work in more lucrative day dream fields and then coming back to wrestling is silly as hell when they could just go work in wrestling right now.

Indy feds need people to clean up after shows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The great thing about the "go to college advice" is that it means people might end up going to college and getting an education and increasing their opportunities to work in a variety of fields rather than working behind the scenes for nothing in some lovely indy for 15 years and waking up one day and realizing they've wasted their lives and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm not saying that people shouldn't go to college...

(Well I mean, I don't mind if they don't, less competition for jobs with those of us who do...)

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
This will be my first year watching WM since I got rid of my cable box and built a HTPC.

I want to watch it live, I am just wondering about the quality of the WWE stream.

Does anyone have any experience watching a WWE PPV on a television VIA stream?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Klauser posted:

This will be my first year watching WM since I got rid of my cable box and built a HTPC.

I want to watch it live, I am just wondering about the quality of the WWE stream.

Does anyone have any experience watching a WWE PPV on a television VIA stream?

The quality of the stream is great if you have a fast internet connection. It's definitely worth it if A) you can't watch it on TV and B) you have a reliable connection.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Mooseontheloose posted:

*Jerry Lawler stands in middle of the ring, in tears. Sabu points upward*
Lawler: The champ is...here. *Breaks down*

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Golden Bee posted:

*Jerry Lawler stands in middle of the ring, in tears. Sabu points upward*
Lawler: The champ is...here. *Breaks down*

Why would Sabu be there?

Xacto Wife
Aug 19, 2005

I should be somewhere erasing indigenous people, not fetching super vagina.

Davros1 posted:

Why would Sabu be there?

To point skyward, then martyr himself with a chair

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I just watched CM Punk's current SES Titantron on YouTube. Am I crazy, or has it been pitch-shifted or something from the original. Swear it sounds different to how it used to be.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

There's no real thread for this so I'm putting it here - Classic Wrestling on Bite TV (Canada) is awesome, and if you get the channel you should check it out. They show lots of Memphis stuff but right now they're doing an episode on "crazy" wrestlers, footage mostly from St. Louis. So far I've seen Terry Funk, Dick Murdoch, and Dick the Bruiser, and they said Brody is going to be on later. This poo poo rules.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

BizarroAzrael posted:

I just watched CM Punk's current SES Titantron on YouTube. Am I crazy, or has it been pitch-shifted or something from the original. Swear it sounds different to how it used to be.

It could have been re-recorded, the guitar tone is pretty different and the vocals are a lot higher.

Maybe they just mixed it different and took out a few layers of guitar and vocals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Supreme Allah posted:

You know, I like how Vince punking out HHH actually eventually made total sense (even though the end product was super retarded and they did a redo a month later), since the whole thing was a swerve and Vince was with HHH the whole time. You never really see loose ends or poo poo like that tied up today.

Davros1 posted:

Why would Sabu be there?

He's Sabu.