Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

SpecialAgentCooper posted:

who else gonna go to boston?? PUMPED

I wish, goddamnit. Why couldn't she schedule Boston a week earlier so I could actually go? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Lining up outside right now for the melbourne show! Sooo pumped!

threat level tesco
Jul 2, 2007
My best friend surprised me and bought me a ticket to see her in Manchester :3:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I'm contemplating trying to get tickets for Charlotte NC when they go on sale but the ticket prices I've been seeing for other venues seems a bit steep. What are you guys typically paying for a U.S. show? I don't know that I can convince myself to drop $300 on tickets for me and my wife.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I'm contemplating trying to get tickets for Charlotte NC when they go on sale but the ticket prices I've been seeing for other venues seems a bit steep. What are you guys typically paying for a U.S. show? I don't know that I can convince myself to drop $300 on tickets for me and my wife.

Little Monster Zone tickets are the best way to roll, but they are like $210 each. I think standard GA is between $70-$90.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Cheapest tickets for the Pittsburgh show are $180 :(

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

All the shows I've seen tickets for have had regular tickets for $50 & $85. I picked up a few for $85, but if you want tickets up in the front you're gonna definitely pay a bundle.

Cyrene
Apr 22, 2005
I just got my ticket for the Tacoma show, and I couldn't justify spending $200 for a ticket. Instead I got what I think will be a fairly good seated ticket, along the side of the arena. I'm excited, even though I'll be going to this concert alone.

It's interesting to note that Ticketmaster is not charging any "convenience fees" for the Hot Seat or Little Monster packages, if that helps anyone make a decision.

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
Im waiting for DC tickets but I cant even fathom when they will go on sale

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Ah well that gives me some hope. If I can keep it under $200 for two I think I can live with that.

Are there any cool ways to find out when a venue's tickets go on sale besides checking their website frequently?

mastapasta
Jun 14, 2008

Om nom nom
No one told me that there was Lady Gaga DLC in Rockband. I made this right after i downloaded it.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
The best way to fish!

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

The best way to fish!

Awww I was hoping they had a picture....

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

My friend just called and told me to save 50 bucks and the dates July 17th and 18th because she has a special surprise for me.

Oh my goodness what could it be?!??!?!?!?!?!?

i swear if its not gaga i will poison her bitch rear end

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Melbourne show was loving fantastic. Really really really great. So spectacular, and the crowd really loved her.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
My mom got two tickets to the Tacoma show :neckbeard:

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister
The question is: is her show really $200-a-pop great? I am left to rely on scalpers now that I've been shut out of the Boston show.

Edit: Saw this NWS picture of Stephanie Seymour and between the lace veil and gloves and the lack of pants, I immediately thought of Gaga.

realqueenbetty fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Mar 24, 2010

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for

realqueenbetty posted:

The question is: is her show really $200-a-pop great? I am left to rely on scalpers now that I've been shut out of the Boston show.

Saw this picture of Stephanie Seymour and between the lace veil and gloves and the lack of pants, I immediately thought of Gaga.
I'm not complaining or anything, but you MAY wanna NWS that ;)

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

Argh, I got an ad for her Montreal show in my Gmail and when I clicked on it, it was sold out.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I finally converted to being a Gaga lover despite months of denial (I asked for and got the double disc Fame Monster for me birthday). I LOVE "Teeth." All my fellow rivethead friends are going to pick on me and I don't even give a poo poo.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister
Teeth is an awesome song. I'd love to see videos for that and Alejandro.

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

realqueenbetty posted:

Maybe it's just all the stomping and growling but "Teeth" really makes me think of Tom Waits.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

Turkeybone posted:

Im waiting for DC tickets but I cant even fathom when they will go on sale

How do you know when tickets go on sale? Livenation says tickets are "Unavailable," but on other sites I see only a handful of nose-bleed seats for $140+.

Did I miss out already?

mastapasta
Jun 14, 2008

Om nom nom

realqueenbetty posted:

Teeh is my second favorite Gaga song, right behind Beautiful Dirty Rich.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

mastapasta posted:

Teeh is my second favorite Gaga song, right behind Beautiful Dirty Rich.

I think I could listen to Beautiful Dirty Rich all day long and still not get tired of it. As soon as she started doing it in the concert, I went :allears:

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Can my friend with a Citi bank card buy me two presale tickets? One for me and one for someone else.

Or is he required to pick them up himself or how does that work? He has 0 interest in going to the show.

I'm in Dallas where I'm 100% sure the tickets are going to be sold out in 30 minutes, since she is playing one of the smaller "arenas" in town.

milquetoast child fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 25, 2010

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Teeth is probably my least favorite Gaga song. I know, I'm weird.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

lowcrabdiet posted:

How do you know when tickets go on sale? Livenation says tickets are "Unavailable," but on other sites I see only a handful of nose-bleed seats for $140+.

Did I miss out already?

At least your city's listed. I'm still waiting for them to settle on pricing for Phoenix so tickets can become available. :argh:

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

Solomonic posted:

At least your city's listed. I'm still waiting for them to settle on pricing for Phoenix so tickets can become available. :argh:

To clarify, I found tickets on some non-official looking sites. For example I searched for lady gaga phoenix tickets and came up with:
http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/tickets.aspx?evtid=1334142

But Livenation.com still says "Unavailable."

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

weekly font posted:

Teeth is probably my least favorite Gaga song. I know, I'm weird.

Same here. It's just a bit... dull I guess.

Cyrene
Apr 22, 2005

lowcrabdiet posted:

To clarify, I found tickets on some non-official looking sites. For example I searched for lady gaga phoenix tickets and came up with:
http://www.ticketliquidator.com/tix/tickets.aspx?evtid=1334142

But Livenation.com still says "Unavailable."

I'm pretty sure that if there is not a link to buy tickets from the official events page, then the tickets are not on sale yet. That is how it was with the Tacoma show. I just kept checking that page until a link appeared.

lowcrabdiet
Jun 28, 2004
I'm not Steve Nash.
College Slice

Cyrene posted:

I'm pretty sure that if there is not a link to buy tickets from the official events page, then the tickets are not on sale yet. That is how it was with the Tacoma show. I just kept checking that page until a link appeared.

Gotcha. Although there is a "Buy tickets here" link for my city, it goes to the Ticketmaster page where it says tickets are "Unavailable." Anyway, I'll keep checking daily.

I told my friends I'd just buy them for all of us when they go on the presale for Citi cardholders, and I panicked when I saw they were "unavailable," thinking that they had already sold out.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

lowcrabdiet posted:

Gotcha. Although there is a "Buy tickets here" link for my city, it goes to the Ticketmaster page where it says tickets are "Unavailable." Anyway, I'll keep checking daily.

I told my friends I'd just buy them for all of us when they go on the presale for Citi cardholders, and I panicked when I saw they were "unavailable," thinking that they had already sold out.

Nah it would say sold out if it was. I'm hoping tickets for Houston and Dallas don't go on sale for a few weeks. Need to save up for 2 Little Monster seats.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

realqueenbetty posted:

There's already one for that. That said, you may not want to watch it at work :nws:

Sally Slug
Jul 8, 2005

Ride, Sally, ride!

Nam Taf posted:

There's already one for that. That said, you may not want to watch it at work :nws:

I've been meaning to ask about that-- is it actually made by the Haus of Gaga?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Sally Slug posted:

I've been meaning to ask about that-- is it actually made by the Haus of Gaga?
No.

Cyrene
Apr 22, 2005
Our sweet Gaga is the first artist in the world to have one billion internet video views. :h:

Firequirks
Apr 15, 2007

I don't usually look at NMD, so maybe this has come up before, but...I hate Ticketmaster and I hate their website. A LOT. I already have my tickets, so I just looked at the presale today for the second Vancouver show out of curiosity, since there was some website confusion when my tickets were purchased. Now I understand.

There is a bunch of drop down menus. One is for the Virgin presale, one is for gold ticket, one for silver, one for little monster, etc. So, entering in the Virgin presale code (thinking that this gives me access to all the ticket types), I then select for Little Monster. Nope, blocked by javascript -- must enter quantity for Virgin presale tickets instead. Then I try something different. Without entering the Virgin code, I select for Little Monster tickets. No problems!

What's the point of a presale if all the tickets are on sale and don't require a code? Isn't that just the actual ticket sale at that point? I get that this is a presale for the non-VIP tickets, but I wish it was more clear that the VIP tickets were 1) unrelated and 2) are on sale at pre-sale time.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Firequirks posted:

I don't usually look at NMD, so maybe this has come up before, but...I hate Ticketmaster and I hate their website. A LOT. I already have my tickets, so I just looked at the presale today for the second Vancouver show out of curiosity, since there was some website confusion when my tickets were purchased. Now I understand.

There is a bunch of drop down menus. One is for the Virgin presale, one is for gold ticket, one for silver, one for little monster, etc. So, entering in the Virgin presale code (thinking that this gives me access to all the ticket types), I then select for Little Monster. Nope, blocked by javascript -- must enter quantity for Virgin presale tickets instead. Then I try something different. Without entering the Virgin code, I select for Little Monster tickets. No problems!

What's the point of a presale if all the tickets are on sale and don't require a code? Isn't that just the actual ticket sale at that point? I get that this is a presale for the non-VIP tickets, but I wish it was more clear that the VIP tickets were 1) unrelated and 2) are on sale at pre-sale time.

This almost hosed me over when I was buying tickets for New Orleans on the last tour. I agree that the language on it is super weird and the site itself is hosed up. I would of thought they would of fixed it after merging with Live Nation but apparently not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
If I'm trying to get tickets for the Charlotte show and tickets haven't gone on sale on the arena's page should I be trying to mess with the pre-sale tickets stuff? I have never dealt with these pre-sale tickets and the whole idea seems kind of like another way to insert a middle man unnecessarily. If I wait for the arena to start selling tickets am I going to miss out?

• Locked thread