Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Yellowwalls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Admit it, you dirtied them on purpose to look like a rat bike. It's ok, I understand.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
How do you yellow up a white wall for a photoshoot? The same way with snow?

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
Leaving my friend's house in Bridgeport Tx after installing new tires

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Is that brandy new tires in the snow on a really heavy bike riding two-up?

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
it is. :eek:

To be fair, it wasn't supposed to snow, it was only supposed to be rainy and cold. Ah, meteorology... :iiam: We'd planned this trip a few weeks ago, had the tires delivered to a friend who owns a mounter and balancer, and thought we'd have a nice ride to and from Austin to get new tires.

After we got to Bridgeport on Saturday, the flakes started falling. The heavy snow that actually stuck to the ground was over on the east side of Dallas. The ground in the Bridgeport/ Hurst area was too warm for anything to stick, and it had rained all morning so the pavement had been well rinsed.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Fantastipotamus posted:

Is that brandy new tires in the snow on a really heavy bike riding two-up?

we're on a collision course.... with wackiness! (death)

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Today, I helped my lady roommate buy her first motorcycle. She had been wanting one for a while, and we happened to become roomies this fall. I infused her with my enthusiasm and she's now in the process of learning to ride through my Ninja 500. She wanted to snap up a bike just as riding season started, so we found this and she got it for $1,650.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

A 2007 Ninjette with 6xxx miles. It has a crack on the front fairing from a drop, along with a broken-off right turn signal and a shattered windshield. Otherwise it looked marvelous from my inspection and the Muzzy exhaust was sweet (I'm so jealous). Now my girlfriend has a lady buddy rider :)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

the walkin dude posted:

a lady buddy rider
I don't think I could say that ten times fast.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

the walkin dude posted:

Now my girlfriend has a lady buddy rider :)

Pimpin'

Personally I find a woman who has and rides her own bike 1000x more attractive than just any chicka who complains about helmet hair when she has to climb on the passenger seat.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

shipwrek posted:

Pimpin'

Personally I find a woman who has and rides her own bike 1000x more attractive than just any chicka who complains about helmet hair when she has to climb on the passenger seat.

Am I the only rider who doesn't find women who ride appealing? I mean, it's great that my g/f rides, I love that she doesn't give me anything but mild poo poo when I crash, or care about the fact that I love track riding and spending my evenings in the garage.

But the fact that she rides? :iiam: I'd swear that side of my brain shuts down entirely when I go riding.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Z3n posted:

Am I the only rider who doesn't find women who ride appealing? I mean, it's great that my g/f rides, I love that she doesn't give me anything but mild poo poo when I crash, or care about the fact that I love track riding and spending my evenings in the garage.

But the fact that she rides? :iiam: I'd swear that side of my brain shuts down entirely when I go riding.

You're probably just broken.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
"It's great that she has a vagina and all, but I don't really care if she puts out."

Seek help.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

AncientTV posted:

I'd have to agree. Any girl who rides get's at least 2 points on the hotness curve. (IE, a 6 will jump to an 8)

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

ari.gato posted:

I'd have to agree. Any girl who rides get's at least 2 points on the hotness curve. (IE, a 6 will jump to an 8)

There's a girl around here who is selling her Ninja 250 because she doesn't ride it enough. She's hot as hell and I called to convince her to keep and it to just ride with me :D She brought up her fiance :(

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

UserNotFound posted:

There's a girl around here who is selling her Ninja 250 because she doesn't ride it enough. She's hot as hell and I called to convince her to keep and it to just ride with me :D She brought up her fiance :(

I hope this wasn't a craigslist posting because that would make the entire situation extremely creepy goony.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
At least he tried. I mean drat, I would have just bought the drat thing.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

AncientTV posted:

Bucephalus posted:

"It's great that she has a vagina and all, but I don't really care if she puts out."

Seek help.

You assholes should be happy I'm not stealing from your extremely limited pool of extra attractive women.

Oh wait...:mmmsmug:

And putting out is way more important than riding. Besides, just like anything else, it's best to find a cool girl and then get her into video games and motorcycles. :haw:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Give it a year of showing her cool photos from the road, and showing up to meet her and her friends on your bike, then you've got a fair shot of getting her interested.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Z3n posted:

Besides, just like anything else, it's best to find a cool girl and then get her into video games and motorcycles. :haw:

You see?? Perhaps I am too old at 36 but basically I don't want to convince anyone of anything but to have a woman who is already into bikes and gaming. As the very wise Billy Connolly put it: When moved too paradise I don't want too be given 70 virgins. Thats my idea of hell. Give me 2 fire breathing whores!

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Z3n posted:

Am I the only rider who doesn't find women who ride appealing?

Yes. This very fact should make you think long and hard about your sexual orientation.

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

Z3n posted:

Am I the only rider who doesn't find women who ride appealing?

I am going to have to agree. I used to smoke and I know that many dudes that smoke find girls who smoke appealing. To me, it just meant less hassle. Same with motorcycles, my wife would like to get a motorcycle someday and sort of actually likes that I ride, but it isn't a turn on.

On the other hand, not being able to deal with my love of motorcycles would be a deal breaker.

I was thinking about what Tsaven Nava said and I don't think that I find dudes on bikes extra attractive either. Maybe ya'll have fetishized motorcycles?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
My reptile brain doesn't consider women who ride automatically hotter then their non-riding counterparts. It doesn't even care if the girl's leathered up or not, it's all the same.

However, I have noticed that most of the hot women who ride go full hog and race or stunt. What the hell is up with that?

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.
The fact that a girl rides a bike is hot and a girl in motorcycle gear is definitely hot.

But, a lot of girls look really silly on their bikes. Posture is stiff and upright, at a stop they have to go on tiptoes just to keep from falling over, their helmet too large for their bodies. But yeah, few things are hotter than a girl on a bike who knows what she's doing.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
I could'nt care if she rides or not, as long as she doesn't complain about me riding.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

stizu posted:

I was thinking about what Tsaven Nava said and I don't think that I find dudes on bikes extra attractive either. Maybe ya'll have fetishized motorcycles?

Hey, maybe they see a hot rear end on a motorcycle, and they just go for it. Regardless of the hardware in front of it, and this is the way they compensate. :v:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Dubs posted:

I could'nt care if she rides or not, as long as she doesn't complain about me riding.

Plus, motorcycles are dangerous! I wouldn't want my girlfriend to get hurt. :ohdear:

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Yes. This very fact should make you think long and hard about your sexual orientation.
Agreed. Just look at this pic!

I mean.. c'mon... c'maaaaaaaaaaahn..

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The thing is: Helmets make everyone hot.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I disagree.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

Phy posted:

I disagree.

rofl. gsxr chick is hawt as hell.

Today I taught my roommate further how to ride. She learned to go into 2nd, and upward and downward in the gears. We rode around, with me on my ex500. She's happy as poo poo, and she absolutely can't wait to move on from her POS Jeep to the 250 (needs license plate n insurance). She seems to wear the helmet right:

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phy posted:

I disagree.

Let me rephrase that: Full face helmets with tinted visors make everyone hot.

Jharkov
Feb 26, 2008

by Ozma

KTM 990 Adventure S i converted to use Carburettors (because KTM injection systems are poo poo) and painted it a nice dark blue.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
We need a surprised locust emote.

Looks great though, very nice job on the paint.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

Click here for the full 453x604 image.

I got my new bike! Yay! It's an 06 636 Ninja with 2000 miles on it. The PO put a very mellow muzzy exhaust on it and apparently left it in his garage for a few years. It is amazing to ride compared to my 500, so far it hasn't got uncomfortable at all. In the pic you can barely see my 500 and my buddies zx-9r in the background.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
The gf rode the 250 for the first time since October, today.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

God drat i like how the 250 easily looks great as a streetfighter. Unlike the filthy, filthy 500.

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Mar 25, 2010

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

sw0cb posted:

Click here for the full 453x604 image.

I got my new bike! Yay! It's an 06 636 Ninja with 2000 miles on it. The PO put a very mellow muzzy exhaust on it and apparently left it in his garage for a few years. It is amazing to ride compared to my 500, so far it hasn't got uncomfortable at all. In the pic you can barely see my 500 and my buddies zx-9r in the background.

Sup 636 buddy!

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Before I picked mine up I rode it around for two days straight and never felt any pain or uncomfortableness at all. Between that and the powerband it really changed my perception of supersports.

That Genuine Stank
Apr 25, 2004

Fantastipotamus posted:

Agreed. Just look at this pic!

I mean.. c'mon... c'maaaaaaaaaaahn..

That pic is kinda funny and all, but what is with this sexual orientation stuff? Is this supposed to be attractive to me instead?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
No, this is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

stizu posted:

That pic is kinda funny and all, but what is with this sexual orientation stuff? Is this supposed to be attractive to me instead?

I don't know, but supposedly he's +2 on the attractiveness scale for riding a motorcycle!