Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

i can help but picture him signing it in pink glitter ink.

Don't hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Hoover Dam posted:

Don't hate

i'm not slating it - he's football's lady gaga.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

WhaleFarmerJohn posted:

Imagine if you will, eleven Rocky Balboas staring you down on the pitch. - Puma Uniform Exec

Imagine playing eleven 60-year-olds. - The opposition, between bouts of laughter.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

:smithicide:

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Well yeah it's clearly a fake (you can also see where they tried to blur and blend the crest) but doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Hopefully kit makers have noticed how good City's 3rd looks.

Cordialatron
Jun 28, 2004

I know I'm some kind of interplanetary agent but I don't think my signals are decoding properly.

I don't know when/where/why I have this. Ironically, maybe?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Cordialatron posted:

I don't know when/where/why I have this. Ironically, maybe?

Which team is that?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

ibroxmassive posted:

Which team is that?
China

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
What's ironic about it?

I don't think that's the Chinese crest though, so I think it's an Olympic shirt maybe?

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Sheff Wed's 2010/11 away kit

awww

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

MoPZiG posted:

awww

I want that.

John Zaibatsu
Jul 17, 2005

this sentence no verb

MoPZiG posted:

awww

d'awwww

I do like this trend of charity/hospital/local sponsors. Partly because it's a little chink in the soulless corporate surroundings of the game, but mostly because teams get to play with a bandaged teddy bear on their chest. Kit is beautiful too.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

luvd posted:

:smithicide:

kind of okay with that so long a the gold strips go away. Really hope it's a solid band round the sleeve and collar because god drat that would be an amazing kit

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

John Zaibatsu posted:

d'awwww

I do like this trend of charity/hospital/local sponsors. Partly because it's a little chink in the soulless corporate surroundings of the game, but mostly because teams get to play with a bandaged teddy bear on their chest. Kit is beautiful too.

Go get a 2002 Portsmouth kit, then you'll be really happy.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

MoPZiG posted:

awww

This is perfect

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Absolute topper that, even without the sponsor.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

MoPZiG posted:

awww

It'll be hard to tackle someone with a cute little teddy bear on their shirt.

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD
And everytime the ref walks toward you to give you a card just point at the bear and say "Really?!?! Really?!? Look at this!"

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

ibroxmassive posted:

Go get a 2002 Portsmouth kit, then you'll be really happy.

I have the bears instead.

Cordialatron
Jun 28, 2004

I know I'm some kind of interplanetary agent but I don't think my signals are decoding properly.

Mickolution posted:

What's ironic about it?

I don't think that's the Chinese crest though, so I think it's an Olympic shirt maybe?

I figured cause they were quite bad at the time of purchase/still?

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

quote:

York City FC are launching next seasons home kit and you the fans can decide which is your favourite.

We have two kits to choose from and you can vote as to which one you would like to see the players wear next season at Bootham Crescent.

Help. Both look loving awful.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Come now, the one on the left is pretty decent and the one on the right... yeah, not great but by current era football top standards, not too bad.

They remind me of the strips you'd create in FIFA 98.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

How the gently caress do York get Nike while we're lumbered with cunting Vandanel

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
The one on the left looks just pretty good to me.

More importantly, I have a sudden hankering for a Kit Kat Bar...

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

thehappyprince posted:

How the gently caress do York get Nike while we're lumbered with cunting Vandanel

Can't buy history. Or class. What?

One on left is red version of all blue away kit we have currently. The kit needs blue in it somewhere.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
What the gently caress is wrong with the badge on the one on the right?

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Grievo posted:

I think it was just sewn on rather shoddily.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

Grievo posted:

It has blue in it yet the kits loving don't!

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

Well, to be fair, High Schoolers can get Nike if they order out of a Nike catalog

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Grievo posted:

Clearly his nipple is allergic to the material the badge is made from.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

theyre both a bit poo poo but i like the idea of letting the fans choose between a couple of options

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

Directorman posted:

Well, to be fair, High Schoolers can get Nike if they order out of a Nike catalog

This is correct! I have posted about this before but basically smaller teams sell more strips if they have Nike or Adidas on the shirt so the tiny kit suppliers who used to have names like XARA or BUKTA or PUNCH or PROSTAR now just order a bunch of £14.99 tops from the Nike catalogue, sew a club badge/sponsor onto it and charge £40 for it

Which is why the proposed York kit is the same as the Aberdeen top

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Russ posted:

This is correct! I have posted about this before but basically smaller teams sell more strips if they have Nike or Adidas on the shirt so the tiny kit suppliers who used to have names like XARA or BUKTA or PUNCH or PROSTAR now just order a bunch of £14.99 tops from the Nike catalogue, sew a club badge/sponsor onto it and charge £40 for it

Which is why the proposed York kit is the same as the Aberdeen top

Harriers had this issue when we first were going to get Nike kits, apparently the first kit Nike showed them was literally Man Utd's shirt with a different sponsor & badge stuck on the top. When we asked for a better kit apparently it got lost in transit and we ended up getting Admiral kits for a year.

Then we finally settled for a Nike total 90 training top (I saw a pic in 442 showing Evra wearing it in a Nike advert) with sponsors and badge and hawked to the fans for £40.

Luckily we used to wear a red & white halves kit before our league days, so the club went with this for a new kit and now we have a much more bespoke kit design:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

JingleBells posted:

I would wear the gently caress out of that.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
I feel a bit sorry for Albion Rovers fans after 130 years of their club playing in Red and Yellow the club announced last summer that the new official club colours were Red and Black

because the sportswear catalogue they were ordering the new strips from didn't offer Red and Yellow as a colour combination

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Irn--Bru posted:

theyre both a bit poo poo but i like the idea of letting the fans choose between a couple of options

Hearts did this recently and it went pretty well.

Like all other things which went well for hearts it only lasted for one season before it became poo poo again.

Obviously Erratic
Oct 17, 2008

Give me beauty or give me death!

wicka posted:

I would wear the gently caress out of that.

Hell yes, this kit is awesome.

confidential
Mar 7, 2008
I really want to buy the U.S. National Team jersey but the sash keeps annoying me :( I would've preferred something similar to the '06 ones:

But oh well, I'll probably end up getting the home jersey. Idk why the sash bothers me

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

Nothus posted:

There's no way Emirates lets their logo get shrunk down that small.

Because it isn't done that much, it probably actually draws more attention to the brand. If every club did it it wouldn't work of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jollzwhin posted:

Because it isn't done that much, it probably actually draws more attention to the brand. If every club did it it wouldn't work of course.

even if they had to pay back some money it would be worth it. Big logo and new crest isn't the end of the world either.