Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008

nex posted:

No, I did not try that. Might be worth a shot just for laughs.

I'll actually be surprised if it works, but it's worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008

nex posted:

No, I did not try that. Might be worth a shot just for laughs.
This was in the middle of a physical and logical migration of 8 switches, where this only happened with 1 of them. There was no difference in config from the switches that worked, and I made no changes in the config before it worked on the new line-card.

If it worked on other identical kit, it's probably going to be the card that's bad.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

jwh posted:

How is Microsoft NAP supposed to work? Does it have the ability to shunt machines off into remediation VLANs? I know that's a large part of Cisco's solution.

From what I'm reading "yes." Now I haven't gotten it to work yet, I'm in the middle of testing/deploying it right now, but NPS (which comes with Server 2008) is apparently able to work with the Cisco 802.1x framework and tell the switches to put individual ports in remediation VLANs etc. based on a Host Health assessment and other factors, which the NPS server also handles.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753655%28WS.10%29.aspx

I'm using that guide as well as another 20-30 firefox tabs at work, and keep in mind its probably easier than what I'm doing but I am completely unfamiliar with AD or Group Policy or any of that. I know on the Cisco side all you have to do is create the VLANs, turn on the 802.1x framework per port, and point it to the NPS/ACS server.

Harry Totterbottom posted:

What's the general cost of NAC? The price tag of ACS is what kills it in my environment.

NAC is actually "free" assuming your infrastructure already supports 802.1x, all Cisco 2950s and up support it, and I'm sure other vendors do as well. You also need some type of Certificate Authority Server (for PEAP-TLS, or MS-CHAPv2), and a 2008 Active Directory Domain or equivalent, in theory you shouldn't need ACS, but that is what this project is about right now. So we will see.

We aren't using ACS because honestly its terrible, price tag aside.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 23, 2010

Stabby McDamage
Dec 11, 2005

Doctor Rope
I didn't realize we had a Cisco thread, so I posted this thread asking how to pull configs off of Cisco IOS- and Nexus-based switches. To summarize that thread so far:

I want to build a simple tool to periodically pull configs from Cisco Catalyst 4000-series (IOS-based) and Cisco Nexus 5000-series (NX-OS-based) switches. I want to (a) compare running and startup config and warn if they differ and (b) store these configs in a source control tool so we can track changes.

RANCID is the usual tool for this, but there's no support for Nexus.

I threw together a quick Python paramiko script to pull the config via SSH, and that works well, but the IOS-based switches don't have a user privilege level that allows "show running-config" but disallows changes, and I don't want to keep an admin password in a file. Even if I explicitly give "show run" permission to a privilege level < 15, IOS will not allow "show run" to include configuration options that the user is not authorized to change, so I get a blank config.

I looked at using SNMP to pull it (like this module does), but that involves telling the switch to upload the config via TFTP. That would work, but it seems like a Rube Goldberg setup.

Is there a simple way to make an IOS user that can get full "show run" and "show start" output without being able to make changes?

Is there another way to get read-only access to the running and startup config?

I would also be happy with a periodic push of the configs, but Nexus doesn't have kron. Any ideas there?

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Stabby McDamage posted:

Is there a simple way to make an IOS user that can get full "show run" and "show start" output without being able to make changes?

TACACS+, with command authorization.

(using shrubbery tacacs+ code)

code:
# tac_plus.conf
user = rancid {
        login  = des [redacted]
        service = exec {
                priv-lvl = 15 # using clogin autoenable for back compatibility with RADIUS device access
        }
        cmd = show {
                permit "running-config <cr>"
                permit "startup-config <cr>"
                deny .*
        }
}
code:
$ ssh rancid@test
test#sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, C3560 Software (C3560-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(40)SE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)
! this is going to work, because anything that's command priv 1 is permitted by default in my AAA config, it only authenticates priv 15 commands, such as...
test#show start | inc aaa
aaa new-model
aaa authentication login default local-case group tacacs+
aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+ enable
aaa authorization config-commands
aaa authorization exec default local group tacacs+ if-authenticated 
aaa authorization commands 15 default group tacacs+ if-authenticated 
aaa accounting exec default start-stop group tacacs+
aaa accounting commands 1 default stop-only group tacacs+
aaa accounting commands 15 default stop-only group tacacs+
aaa session-id common
! but if I try...
test#conf t
Command authorization failed.
! or
test#clear counters fa0/7 
Command authorization failed.
sadly it doesn't get logged (probably something I need to turn on in tac plus), but any priv15 you don't explicitly allow in tacacs will be denied.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Powercrazy posted:

From what I'm reading "yes." Now I haven't gotten it to work yet, I'm in the middle of testing/deploying it right now, but NPS (which comes with Server 2008) is apparently able to work with the Cisco 802.1x framework and tell the switches to put individual ports in remediation VLANs etc. based on a Host Health assessment and other factors, which the NPS server also handles.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753655%28WS.10%29.aspx

I'm using that guide as well as another 20-30 firefox tabs at work, and keep in mind its probably easier than what I'm doing but I am completely unfamiliar with AD or Group Policy or any of that. I know on the Cisco side all you have to do is create the VLANs, turn on the 802.1x framework per port, and point it to the NPS/ACS server.

NAC is actually "free" assuming your infrastructure already supports 802.1x, all Cisco 2950s and up support it, and I'm sure other vendors do as well. You also need some type of Certificate Authority Server (for PEAP-TLS, or MS-CHAPv2), and a 2008 Active Directory Domain or equivalent, in theory you shouldn't need ACS, but that is what this project is about right now. So we will see.

NAC/NAP is kind of hinky and last I checked Cisco doesn't support those deployments any more. That might just be when its a NAP+Clean Access setup though. .1x is now referred to as IBNS, or identity based network security. There have been some really cool enhancements like MDA. Also ACS 5 is pretty spiffy give it a look.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

It's not too bad once you understand how all of it's confounded pieces and parts fit together, and are able to overlook the fact that ACS4 looks like a Geocities page from 1998.

para
Nov 30, 2006
What do you guys think about Enterasys? We are looking at doing a core upgrade at one of our campuses but our budget is pretty tight. Considering looking at Enterasys for a solution. Anyone have any experience with them or know much about how their gear compares to Cisco's? For comparison, I believe we were looking at a Cisco 4928 for the core switch before engaging Enterasys.

This really marks the first time we've even considered moving away from Cisco (actually we do use some business class linksys switches here and there) for networking needs.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

para posted:

What do you guys think about Enterasys? We are looking at doing a core upgrade at one of our campuses but our budget is pretty tight. Considering looking at Enterasys for a solution. Anyone have any experience with them or know much about how their gear compares to Cisco's? For comparison, I believe we were looking at a Cisco 4928 for the core switch before engaging Enterasys.

This really marks the first time we've even considered moving away from Cisco (actually we do use some business class linksys switches here and there) for networking needs.

It all depends what you're doing.

PCs and Phones? Honestly any vendor (Cisco/Juniper/HP etc) can do that.
Video conferencing? Be aware but its not a dealbreaker.
Trading/Capital market feeds? Don't cheap out or everyone will lose.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

inignot posted:

Test the infrastructure by manually joining an interface at the client end to the multicast group. Try to ping the multicast group address from the RP, you should see a response from whatever interface you manually joined to the group.

int whatever
ip igmp join <group address>

I'm finally getting back to this. There isn't a command for ip igmp join under physical interfaces. There does seem to be a ip igmp join-group command for the vlan interfaces. If I join a group on VLAN 11:

ip igmp join-group 224.0.1.39

I still can't ping 224.0.1.39 from the switch.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Martytoof posted:

Thank you, that does actually clear things up a little. So obviously I don't have a support contract with Cisco so this is entirely pie in the sky, but looking at Feature Navigator, is the best option for any given router still the "latest and greatest" according to Cisco as long as it fits within your memory and flash footprint? Or are there times where you'd actually look to put something other than the newest release on a device, if both the newest release and the older one support the same feature set?

Sorry if the question is obvious, but I haven't had to deal with an IOS revisions since I worked with 7200s at a datacenter in the early 2000s, and then we had a contract with Cisco so I didn't really do much of the legwork. Most of my current experience is centred around my home lab where I just the newest 12.3 Telco IOS from one of my 3640s and deployed it across the remaining four after backing them up.

White Paper: Cisco IOS and NX-OS Software Reference Guide

Covers the relationships between all the trains and their target markets.

Panthrax
Jul 12, 2001
I'm gonna hit you until candy comes out.
Posted this up in the Asterisk thread because I forgot this one was here. Anyone know what's going on?

We use a Cisco 5300 media gateway in our lab. We have a T1 coming into it from our test phones/faxes, and it spits out SIP to our core switches. We seem to intermittently have a problem with it puking all over the T38 fax training. It will spit out A5A5A5A5 in the payload of the training (should be all 0s), until it stops, goes to long training, does the same thing, etc etc until the call fails. I've tried raising the fax speed, lowering it, but it still doesn't work. Then it randomly goes away. We've replaced both the Audiocodes and the Cisco, so it's gotta be an IOS issue, but I've only been able to find one other person on the internet that has had the problem. Thing is, it's happening on some 12.2 version, as well as 12.3(16) and 12.3(22). Has anyone experienced it and know how to fix it? Any specific IOS that fixes it?

Click here for the full 717x512 image.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

InferiorWang posted:

I'm finally getting back to this. There isn't a command for ip igmp join under physical interfaces. There does seem to be a ip igmp join-group command for the vlan interfaces. If I join a group on VLAN 11:

ip igmp join-group 224.0.1.39

I still can't ping 224.0.1.39 from the switch.

I've redone my config a bit. I made a loopback interface and gave it an IP address(192.168.199.1) which is pingable from a remote L3 switch. I set the RP of the Core and the remote switches to 192.168.199.1.

I set up a test using mrm using this doc: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/ip/configuration/guide/1cftools.html

However, when you get to the end of the document, it doesn't actually seem to tell you how you know a test is working nor any way of interpreting the results. Running the "ip mrm status-report" command seems to show 100% packet loss(I'm assuming that's what the column Pkt Loss/Dup actually means). However, I have no way of knowing what I have messed up along the way in the config and/or in the mrm test. Cisco needs multicast documentation for small children.

Edit:

Core/RP multicast relevent snippets:

code:
ip multicast-routing

interface Loopback100
description multicast rp address
ip address 192.168.199.1 255.255.255.255
ip pim sparse-mode

interface Vlan11
description Admin_Data
ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0
ip helper-address 10.1.1.36
ip pim sparse-mode
ip mrm test-sender

ip pim rp-address 192.168.199.1

ip mrm manager imc1
manager Vlan11 group 239.255.255.250
senders 1
receivers 2 sender-list 1

access-list 1 permit 192.168.2.1
access-list 2 permit 192.168.96.1

Remote L3 Switch multicast relevent snippets:
code:
ip multicast-routing

interface Vlan96
description MDF_Data_Vlan
ip address 192.168.96.1 255.255.255.0
ip helper-address 10.1.1.36
ip pim sparse-mode
ip mrm test-receiver

ip pim rp-address 192.168.199.1
I'm probably using the wrong group address. It's possible that's where my problem is. I'm not clear whether group addresses a manually created or automatically created. I could also being missing something completely when it comes to igmp configuration.

Boner Buffet fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 25, 2010

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
Yes, the ip igmp join command needs to go on a layer 3 interface.

Based on your config, you're attempting to join an interface to reserved multicast address for RP announce. You can't use that for a multicast group. What is the multicast address your quicktime server is attempting to send to? Set it to that or for testing use 239.1.1.1, that's from the reserved private multicast range.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Edit: Huge post redacted because I'm an idiot who forgot that "ip default-gateway" doesn't do the same thing as "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0" when using a router to emulate an end-device in a lab.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 26, 2010

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

inignot posted:

Yes, the ip igmp join command needs to go on a layer 3 interface.

Based on your config, you're attempting to join an interface to reserved multicast address for RP announce. You can't use that for a multicast group. What is the multicast address your quicktime server is attempting to send to? Set it to that or for testing use 239.1.1.1, that's from the reserved private multicast range.

For the time being, I'm completely ignoring the quicktime piece. I'm just trying to get multicast working using the mrm tools to test it. Once I get to that point, then I'll tackle the specific quicktime piece.

I changed the testing group to 239.1.1.1 like you suggested, but I'm still getting 100% packet loss.

The documentation is driving me nuts. They explain what a nail is, what a hammer is, but not how to use the hammer to pound on the nail. The docs take you part of the way there and then abruptly end.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
I looked at your core / remote switch configs again. You need a pim running between those two devices somehow. Either via directly connected interfaces or a series of intermediate devices running pim. I don't see that represented in the config.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
I thought it uses the unicast routing table to do that, or is that not what you're saying? Everything that isn't directly connected the RP is accessible via EIGRP routes and visa versa on the remote switch.

This is becoming more than a short question. Sorry about that and thanks for the help.

Edit: I think I get what you're saying. The two switches have addresses on the management vlan(vlan 1) and a backbone vlan(254). I'm assuming I could do "ip pim sparse-mode" on either vlan interface on both switches to accomplish what you're suggesting?

Boner Buffet fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 26, 2010

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
At the very least, the two switches can now see each other via "sh ip pim neighbor". The MRM test is still coming back broken, but the devices at least see each other within the context of pim.

code:
AD4507-MDF#mtrace 192.168.2.1 192.168.96.1
Type escape sequence to abort.
Mtrace from 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.96.1 via RPF
From source (?) to destination (?)
Querying full reverse path...
 0  192.168.96.1
-1  192.168.254.96 PIM  [192.168.2.0/24]
-2  192.168.254.1 PIM  [192.168.2.0/24]
-3  192.168.2.1

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
PIM is used for tracking & communicating what interfaces should have multicast streams forwarded out them. It needs to be running throughout the network. Kind of like how all your routers have to run ospf for it to work.

Multicast streams consist of a unicast source and an multicast group destination. PIM tracks the interfaces to forward multicast destined traffic out; and the unicast routing table is used to look back up the stream at the unicast source to ensure traffic is arriving via the best route back to a host.

On a working multicast network you can look at show ip mroute and see the unicast source, the multicast destination; and the incoming & outgoing interfaces for that router; the RP for the group, etc.

You may as well add pim to both vlan 1 and vlan 254 on both switches.

Check with show ip pim neighbor on both switches. Manually join the remote switch vlan 96 (I presume that's where the clients are) to igmp group 239.1.1.1. Try to ping 239.1.1.1 from the core switch sourced from the RP loopback. At the very least you should see that show up as a multicast stream on the core switch when you look at show ip mroute. Optimally you should see a response from the unicast address of vlan 96 on the remote switch.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
Pinging 192.168.96.1 from the Loopback100 interface, and 192.168.199.1 specifically does give me a response from 192.168.254.96(the vlan 254 interface ip which is the interface I have pim enabled on for the switches to talk to each other). I'm guessing in a typical environment if an end host wants to watch a multicast video, it basically automatically joins the group while for this test, I just manually joined the group in lieu of any real sources or end hosts.

Quick question regarding a multicast source. On a generic source, do you specify the group address or is it automatically defined by the source host?

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
I presume you're actually pinging the multicast address & getting a response from the unicast addresses that have joined the group.

As far as how this works outside of testing, it's kind of application dependent. A multicast source will spew traffic into your pim infrastructure at some group destination. That group address is going to be administratively specified (probably from the reserved private multicast range). Multicast traffic will be forwarded based on what routers have received igmp joins and communicated that back up the chain of pim devices. How the end stations produce that igmp join is application dependent. They could be getting the multicast group address via something embedded in a url or whatever.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

That's actually what I've always found weird about multicast- in IPv4, the applications are responsible for getting IGMP "right". This led to a lot of frustration when I was troubleshooting multicast some time ago.

I understand v6 does things differently, but I'm not sure if there's a generic facility for applications to participate in multicast outside application specific implementations.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
I think I might actually have it working now. I was able to stream from the quick time server to a client. The quicktime server appeared in the igmp groups table on the RP/core switch. Testing from a host on the remote switch worked as well. Thanks for all the assistance inignot.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

jwh posted:

That's actually what I've always found weird about multicast- in IPv4, the applications are responsible for getting IGMP "right". This led to a lot of frustration when I was troubleshooting multicast some time ago.

The thing that was driving me nuts is that the docs I read don't put the configurations into any client side context for the most part. Inignot's answer about group addresses and whether they are dynamic or manually configured was never covered in any capacity with the official cisco docs.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
I've labbed up a lot of multicast stuff, but I've only done it once for production. There was some kind of box that took video from a camera and sent out a multicast stream. I recall the group address was specified in the appliance config, then the clients hit a url on this appliance which passed...whatever...to windows media player which then caused the clients to issue an igmp join to their local router.

These seem like potentially useful bits of documentation:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipmulti/configuration/guide/imc_verify_op_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipmulti/configuration/guide/imc_customize_igmp_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
That's what the quicktime broadcaster tool does. It creates an SDP file which has all the connection information it it. Quicktime on the remote hosts will read that file, and join whatever igmp group is specified in the file.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
A funny side note, 5 minutes into the first successful test, our barracuda web filter stopped forwarding traffic and the air conditioner in our server room stopped working.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

InferiorWang posted:

A funny side note, 5 minutes into the first successful test, our barracuda web filter stopped forwarding traffic and the air conditioner in our server room stopped working.

COINCIDENCE? YOU BE THE JUDGE!

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
It's looking like I'll be hunting for a new job soon and I have some random Cisco gear sitting around, so I'm wondering what kind of things I can set up to help train for various Cisco certs to pad my resume with.

I have:

2x 1841, each with a T1 WIC. I think one has 128M RAM and the other has 256M, but I could be mistaken. One of them has the latest IOS it would run as of September '09, the other is unknown.
1x 2600, no idea which sub-model but it has one onboard 10/100 ethernet, 2 T1 WICs, and I have an ISDN NM for it somewhere. IOS 12.3(24)
1x Catalyst 2900XL 12 port 10/100

I also have a working GNS3 setup on a box with two NICs and two RS-232 serial links and a spare network interface on my pfSense router.

Is this enough hardware/software to properly train for any of Cisco's certs?

If not, any suggestions for configurations I can build with this that would be worthwhile to learn?

ofwolfandan
Aug 13, 2004

FACE THE PIE THAT SHOULD NOT BE
I'm having a bit of trouble with my 2600. I'm trying to connect it behind my modem and use/play/practice.
I can ping google if I turn off ip routing, but if I turn it on I cannot.
I cannot access the internet from my computer when plugged into fa0/1, but I can ping fa0/0.
fa0/0 gets an IP via DHCP and it is the outside interface.
IP routing is off during this screen grab.
Here's the show run and then some.

code:
Router#show run
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 896 bytes
!
version 12.3
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname Router
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
enable secret 5 $1$P/zA$1QYv6e4dKIyLNN9vB29EZ1
!
no aaa new-model
ip subnet-zero
ip cef
!
!
ip name-server 8.8.8.8
ip name-server 4.2.2.2
ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.10.0 10.10.10.50
ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.10.200 10.10.10.255
!
ip dhcp pool inside
   network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0
   default-router 10.10.10.1
   dns-server 8.8.8.8 4.2.2.2
!
!
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address dhcp
 ip nat outside
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
 ip nat inside
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
ip http server
ip classless
!
!
access-list 102 permit ip any any
!
line con 0
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 password cisco
 login
 transport input telnet
!
!
end

Router#show ip int brief
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
FastEthernet0/0            192.168.0.102   YES DHCP   up                    up
FastEthernet0/1            10.10.10.1      YES manual up                    up

Router#show ip route
Default gateway is 192.168.0.1

Host               Gateway           Last Use    Total Uses  Interface
ICMP redirect cache is empty
Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

ofwolfandan posted:

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

conf t
ip routing
access-list 1 permit ip 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255
ip nat inside source list 1 interface fa0/0 overload

give that a shot.

para
Nov 30, 2006

ofwolfandan posted:

I cannot access the internet from my computer when plugged into fa0/1, but I can ping fa0/0.
Try
# ip nat inside source list 102 interface fa0/0 overload
102 specifies addresses that are allowed to be NATed, and it should do PAT to the outside fa0/0.

ofwolfandan
Aug 13, 2004

FACE THE PIE THAT SHOULD NOT BE
Awesome it worked. I had to mess around with it a little bit more but it worked.

Here's the config that's working.

code:
Router#show run
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1203 bytes
!
! Last configuration change at 18:21:43 UTC Fri Mar 26 2010
! NVRAM config last updated at 17:38:38 UTC Fri Mar 26 2010
!
version 12.3
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
no service dhcp
!
hostname Router
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
enable secret 5 $1$P/zA$1QYv6e4dKIyLNN9vB29EZ1
!
no aaa new-model
ip subnet-zero
ip cef
!
!
ip name-server 8.8.8.8
ip name-server 4.2.2.2
ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.10.0 10.10.10.50
ip dhcp excluded-address 10.10.10.200 10.10.10.255
!
ip dhcp pool inside
   network 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.0
   default-router 10.10.10.1
   dns-server 8.8.8.8 4.2.2.2
!
!
username root privilege 15
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address dhcp
 ip nat outside
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0
 ip nat inside
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
ip nat inside source list 1 interface FastEthernet0/0 overload
ip http server
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1
!
!
access-list 1 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255
access-list 102 permit ip any any
!
line con 0
line aux 0
line vty 0 4
 password cisco
 login
 transport input telnet
!
!
end
Thanks much.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
Anyone else have any issues using a windows 7 machine connecting to an ASA with telnet or ssh?

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
I don't normally use the native Windows telnet app, but instead use PuTTY, which works great on my Win7 x64 box.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

InferiorWang posted:

Anyone else have any issues using a windows 7 machine connecting to an ASA with telnet or ssh?

I'm going to guess that the issues isn't so much your SSH/Telnet client, as it is with the network attached to the ASA. What issues are you having?

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
Telnet just kicks back a generic could not open connection error and putty says "server unexpectedly closed network connection". It works fine on my boss's laptop(64 bit win seven, same hardware). The asa is configured for allow telnet and ssh connections from my subnet. ASDM doens't work either, but that's probably a version/java issue.

I guess I'll have to stop being lazy and use the XP machine to read some debugging logs with ASDM.

edit: telnet works. I screwed up the config on the asa for that. SSH still doesn't seem to want to work though.

Boner Buffet fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 29, 2010

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

InferiorWang posted:

Telnet just kicks back a generic could not open connection error and putty says "server unexpectedly closed network connection". It works fine on my boss's laptop(64 bit win seven, same hardware). The asa is configured for allow telnet and ssh connections from my subnet. ASDM doens't work either, but that's probably a version/java issue.

I guess I'll have to stop being lazy and use the XP machine to read some debugging logs with ASDM.

edit: telnet works. I screwed up the config on the asa for that. SSH still doesn't seem to want to work though.

does SSH work from your boss's laptop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Totterbottom
Dec 19, 2008

InferiorWang posted:

If you setup the SSH admin stuff via the ASDM you'll need to manually generate your crypto map (crypto key generate rsa).