Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

Reverend Joshua posted:

IIRC, The No Mercy version of that didn't have the runout to the middle of the ring like in this clip, it was just straight over into a Stunner. It was closer to the Buff Blockbuster that Bagwell used for a short time and may have been a holdover from the time the game was licensed for WCW.

I'm pretty sure that the blockbuster is in that game. Diamond Dust is in there (along with a host of other moves mostly used in Japan because the game was developed by a Japanese company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Joshua
Jul 1, 2007
My hypocrisy knows no bounds
Fallen Rib

A Dapper Man posted:

I'm pretty sure that the blockbuster is in that game. Diamond Dust is in there (along with a host of other moves mostly used in Japan because the game was developed by a Japanese company.

I fired up No Mercy to check and the move is listed as the Diamond Dust so it's probably in the game because of Tanaka, but it doesn't have the runout. It's just straight over the top. I don't see the Blockbuster under special grapple anywhere, so it's interchangeable I guess. The Diamond Dust gets respect, it's an S level move with KO ability.

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Reverend Joshua posted:

I fired up No Mercy to check and the move is listed as the Diamond Dust so it's probably in the game because of Tanaka, but it doesn't have the runout. It's just straight over the top. I don't see the Blockbuster under special grapple anywhere, so it's interchangeable I guess. The Diamond Dust gets respect, it's an S level move with KO ability.

Trust me, blockbuster is in the game. I'm such a mark for that move. It's from the corner, and it's just listed as "Flipping Neck Breaker." It might not be under special corner grapples, but it's definitely in there.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

ABOUT DRUGS posted:

If Sheamus is too lazy to name his finishers, I am going to start naming them for him.

His signature backbreaker will now be known as the Ginger Snap.

I thought that was called the irish curse? Plus, they just seem to have said gently caress finlay, sheamus (should be seamus) has the celtic cross now.

Reverend Joshua
Jul 1, 2007
My hypocrisy knows no bounds
Fallen Rib

Dschingis Khan posted:

Trust me, blockbuster is in the game. I'm such a mark for that move. It's from the corner, and it's just listed as "Flipping Neck Breaker." It might not be under special corner grapples, but it's definitely in there.

Yeah, I saw the flipping neck breaker (it's available for Special) when I was digging around, but I thought Buff Bagwell's Blockbuster was the Diamond Dust. I stand corrected.

Reverend Joshua fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 27, 2010

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I hate to keep up with Million Dollar Man (sorry, waxing nostalgic lately), but after all this time he still has the best entrance music. Also, I never realized how much he sounds like Jeff Bridges.

My last question regarding him: Has Jr. used the Million Dollar Dream at all in the WWE, even as a 1 time thing? I'm hoping he wins at WM with it.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Orgophlax posted:

I hate to keep up with Million Dollar Man (sorry, waxing nostalgic lately), but after all this time he still has the best entrance music. Also, I never realized how much he sounds like Jeff Bridges.

My last question regarding him: Has Jr. used the Million Dollar Dream at all in the WWE, even as a 1 time thing? I'm hoping he wins at WM with it.

His finisher is the Million Dollar Dream into a slam, so he technically uses it as a finisher. Partially.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Wazzu posted:

I thought that was called the irish curse? Plus, they just seem to have said gently caress finlay, sheamus (should be seamus) has the celtic cross now.

tbf it's not like anybody will see finlay using it anyway.Rr

evale
Dec 20, 2009
Just read Droz's WrestleMania predictions - what does he do at WWE? Is he part of creative?

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Critical posted:

His finisher is the Million Dollar Dream into a slam, so he technically uses it as a finisher. Partially.
Oh cool. Somehow I've never seen it.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

evale posted:

Just read Droz's WrestleMania predictions - what does he do at WWE?

Door mat.

evale
Dec 20, 2009

The A-Team Van posted:

Door mat.

Well that's just cruel.

septomin
Dec 22, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

He made HBK tap out to the Million Dollar Dream. Though Cody Rhodes had a figure four along the ring post on HBK at the same time.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Speaking of naming moves, has anyone ever named the front lungblower/backstabber yet?

If not, I nominate chestburster.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

evale posted:

Just read Droz's WrestleMania predictions - what does he do at WWE? Is he part of creative?

He has a job for life if he wants it. WWE are likely paying for his entire medical work, including rehab, and paying him to write things for the website every now and then.

Say what you will about them being a greedy company, but between Tribute for the Troops and WWE offering to put anybody who had ever wrestled under them through rehab for drug or alcohol abuse, I have no doubt in my mind that they'd be paying for Droz's work.

An Taoiseach
Mar 23, 2008

World's Strongest Love

C. Everett Koop posted:

Speaking of naming moves, has anyone ever named the front lungblower/backstabber yet?

Is it not the Codebreaker?

CrankyProf
Apr 22, 2008

by angerbotSD

The A-Team Van posted:

Door mat.

:laffo:

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

C. Everett Koop posted:

I think I've heard the front lungblower referred to as the "bloodblower" or something similar.

The Codebreaker is different, in theory. The front lungblower drives the knees into the chest, while the Codebreaker drives the knees into the face/jaw.

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

Rib spreader.

Awesomenaut
Dec 29, 2004
Anyone know who won the Wrestlemania Golf Tournament?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Awesomenaut posted:

Anyone know who won the Wrestlemania Golf Tournament?

Kerwin White

donchez
Apr 24, 2008

Why? Because fuck you, that's why :c00lbert:

Deal with it.
never mind I found it.

donchez fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 27, 2010

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

The A-Team Van posted:

Door mat.
oo00oo so edgy :rolleyes:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
More of a meta-wrestling question. I've read all of CRZ's recaps up until he stopped doing it in 2002-ish. Did/does anyone else do similar style recaps?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Have there been any wrestlers who were/are goons?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

ChampRamp posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yjcg-pSjwdI :colbert:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ChampRamp posted:

stan hansen

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

ChampRamp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQxCfiU9qfg

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Capsaicin posted:

He has a job for life if he wants it. WWE are likely paying for his entire medical work, including rehab, and paying him to write things for the website every now and then.

It happened when WWE was a much bigger mainstream company. If they had fired him they would have taken a shitstorm of bad publicity so they gave him a job for life.

Capsaicin posted:

Say what you will about them being a greedy company, but between Tribute for the Troops and WWE offering to put anybody who had ever wrestled under them through rehab for drug or alcohol abuse, I have no doubt in my mind that they'd be paying for Droz's work.

Vince told Congress they only pay for rehab to get good PR and avoid any scent of liability due to a former employee's death.

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

WeaselWeaz posted:

Vince told Congress they only pay for rehab to get good PR and avoid any scent of liability due to a former employee's death.

So, basically, WWE, Inc. is just like any other corporation then? Sounds about right.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Another question. McMahon hating Savage. Is that Stef w/ Mach rumor the reason? Have either addressed it?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

ChampRamp posted:

Another question. McMahon hating Savage. Is that Stef w/ Mach rumor the reason? Have either addressed it?

No.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

ChampRamp posted:

Totally. There's video to prove it, but it's been destroyed. I will tell you this: Macho throws dick like he drops elbows. Stiff and to the face.

No, goddammit, it isn't true at all.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Savage was the sniper who killed Owen

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

ChampRamp posted:

Neither has addressed it (sanely, at least). The general presumption is that it's related to Macho going behind Vince's back on endorsement deals, esp. with Slim Jim.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

ChampRamp posted:

It's one of the great mysteries of wrestling. I don't believe it was the Slim Jim deal. Vince has done business with tons of people over the years he's had bad blood with: Hogan, Hall, Nash, Bret, Ventura. Hell they even tried to get Warrior to go in the hall of fame this year. I'd like to believe that Savage did something unspeakably horrible to Vince.

... but only Oliver knows, and apparently he isn't talking.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I honestly can't see Vince McMahon letting something as horrifying as Savage defiling his teen daughter go. I'm pretty drat sure that Vince & Linda would have insisted on having the cops involved.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I honestly can't see Vince McMahon letting something as horrifying as Savage defiling his teen daughter go. I'm pretty drat sure that Vince & Linda would have insisted on having the cops involved.

Maybe it was Linda that Savage defiled. :raise:

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Nah, I think he was more upset about getting sloppy seconds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Macho honestly did that, Vince would've had him killed.