Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

Dragon Eye Morrison posted:

That thing is bad to the rear end, but please trim the excess string from the tuning machines. She deserves better than that! It's like seeing a fine-rear end woman who is all-around drop-dead gorgeous, but she has toenails that are, like, 3 inches long and cracked and yellowed and grody.

Yeah, the strings were on there when I bought it, I'm changing them out tonight and clipping them. My ESP is very well manicured (besides the duct tape keeping the input jack in its home)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

gvonpaul posted:

Keep in mind that most foam will mar the finish of nitrocellulose finished guitars. May want to drape a tshirt over it to protect your guitars' finish (if they're nitro).

I don't think I'll be buying any nitro finished guitars soon, but would the stand that I posted about ruin any if I had any?

Hamer777
Jan 23, 2006
I scored an Ampeg BA115 off Los Angeles craigslist for $200 and the bass was given to me a while ago by some dude who upgraded to an Ernie Ball.

Click here for the full 1247x812 image.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

h_double posted:

Overall it is a pretty decent reference if I need to look up something like a retrograde canon or a perfect plagal cadence, it also has a very useful chart of instrument ranges in the back. But there are also some awesome entries like the one

Perfect cadence and plagal cadence are two different cadences. :ssh:

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
Bought a butt ton of these neato enclosures to re-house and re-do some pedals on my pedalboard, as well as a Seymour Duncan Jazz, so I can finally have a decent neck pickup in my 6-string.

Also, I miss my Turbo-Tuner so loving bad. The polytune is a fine tuner, but the polyphonic novelty wore off really quick, and I feel lost without it. I'll be buying one tonight when my paycheck comes in.

On that note, anybody want to buy my Polytune for like $70 shipped? They're backordered for weeks, so you not only save $30, but you'd get it like next week.*

*I'll put the Polytune up for sale if/when I get confirmation that the Turbo-Tuner is shipping. Last time the wait time was a month, and I'll be god damned if I'm going a month without a tuner.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salsa posted:

On that note, anybody want to buy my Polytune for like $70 shipped? They're backordered for weeks, so you not only save $30, but you'd get it like next week.*

SOLD

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Handen posted:

Perfect cadence and plagal cadence are two different cadences. :ssh:

A perfect plagal candence (according to the text) is a plagal cadence in which the soprano note remains unchanged in the progression IV-I.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Gorilla Salsa posted:

The polytune is a fine tuner, but the polyphonic novelty wore off really quick
Same reason I went with the Boss TU-3 even though my local shop had the Polytune.

I'm sure it's really great for some, though.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Gorilla Salsa posted:

Damnit, I wish you'd posted this with the other stuff I'm grabbing from you, a friend of mine wants one so bad he can't loving see straight.

I don't understand you getting tired of it tho' (although I won't berate you for it) I can't imagine having to go back to a regular tuner ever again at this point.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

iostream.h posted:

Damnit, I wish you'd posted this with the other stuff I'm grabbing from you, a friend of mine wants one so bad he can't loving see straight.

I don't understand you getting tired of it tho' (although I won't berate you for it) I can't imagine having to go back to a regular tuner ever again at this point.

You can still swipe it up from me, if you like. Pay me $210 on Tuesday, and I'll throw it in with the other stuff. Nevermind, Polytune has sold on HCFX. $150 on Tuesday is still on. :)

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 26, 2010

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.
Hooray for tax refunds! Just ordered a Digitech RV-7 off of Musicians' Friend. They've got a 15% off a single item coupon that expires in two days: BREAK. So I got free shipping and $22 off.

Now to finally get off my rear end and sell my EHX #1 Echo and MXR M169.

grahm
Oct 17, 2005
taxes :(
Just got these guys:

To use with this guy (not new but I still love it):

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Fender Deville 4x10 amp.

Found one on craigslist for $575.
The guy says it's in excellent condition, and that he had upgraded tubes put in since he bought it a few years ago.
Could be too good to be true, at that price.
I'm heading there after work today to take a look.
I might be murdered.:ohdear:
If so, pass on my story.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I've noticed craigslisted music equipment tends to drop in price about 20% as you approach the day rent is due.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Reset_Smith posted:

Fender Deville 4x10 amp.

The guy says it's in excellent condition, and that he had upgraded tubes put in since he bought it a few years ago.
If so, pass on my story.
Those are awesome and I'm personally a huge fan of 10" speakers, especially on silverfaces (I play a Vibrolux 2x10), BUT for that exact model, I really think it sounds best as a 2x12. The 410 is still killer, though, especially for a good price. Try both before you buy!

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Raze posted:

Hooray for tax refunds! Just ordered a Digitech RV-7 off of Musicians' Friend. They've got a 15% off a single item coupon that expires in two days: BREAK. So I got free shipping and $22 off.
Woohoo thanks for the tip. I just bought some poo poo and saved $12.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!

Carbohydrates posted:

Those are awesome and I'm personally a huge fan of 10" speakers, especially on silverfaces (I play a Vibrolux 2x10), BUT for that exact model, I really think it sounds best as a 2x12. The 410 is still killer, though, especially for a good price. Try both before you buy!

I played a few different fender models at the music store on my way home, they didn't have the 4x10 model, but I'm trying to keep the other ones fresh in my mind. Heading to the craigslist thing right now. These may be my last words. I love all of you.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Reset_Smith posted:

Fender Deville 4x10 amp.

If so, pass on my story.

I personally own the HRDV 410, and it loving owns, no lies. $550 is about the going price for them, give or take $50, so you should be worry free. That said, every craigslist deal has the opportunity to go south, and I mean "Deliverance" south...

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Couldn't pass on this deal, should ship out Monday and hopefully it will be in my hands by Friday. Prestige S5470 for $850 with free shipping, well, only if you get red, the other colors were still $1399.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBAS5470

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Mar 28, 2010

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Gorilla Salsa posted:

You can still swipe it up from me, if you like. Pay me $210 on Tuesday, and I'll throw it in with the other stuff. Nevermind, Polytune has sold on HCFX. $150 on Tuesday is still on. :)
Damnit.
I should be home tomorrow and get you guys taken care of.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Reset_Smith posted:

Heading to the craigslist thing right now. These may be my last words. I love all of you.

Hmm maybe we should consider sending a search team? Or wait one more day?

Big Face
Dec 5, 2009

by Peatpot
He's turned his skin into amp tolex :ohdear:

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Built myself a microphone isolation screen with some leftover Auralex foam. Haven't had a chance to test it out much yet (awful week-long cold), but it sure looks nifty.

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Saw this mic (the one on the left of the guitarist) at a show I was at this weekend. What is it called? I really want to buy one but I have no idea what to look for.

Click here for the full 800x533 image.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.

Superchunk posted:

Saw this mic (the one on the left of the guitarist) at a show I was at this weekend. What is it called? I really want to buy one but I have no idea what to look for.

Click here for the full 800x533 image.

I can't tell at all what kind of mic it is, but the shockmount is something similar to this:
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXL-MXL41S-Microphone-Shockmount?sku=273164

Superchunk
Dec 27, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

JohnnySmitch posted:

I can't tell at all what kind of mic it is, but the shockmount is something similar to this:
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXL-MXL41S-Microphone-Shockmount?sku=273164

drat I figured the mic was part of that whole thing. Thanks though. One step at a time I guess.

esq
Dec 1, 2008

I'll have a white russian.

esq posted:

I'd been eyeballing this one for a while, so I bit the bullet last week and it arrived yesterday. 2008 Custom Classic.

A couple better shots of this.

I was finding it hard to sell my other Strat, but the more I play this the easier it seems to unload the other...

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
What's the most you guys would pay for a Squire Tele that's been sitting in a basement unplayed for almost 10 years and has a bunch of random stickers all over it? Like not terrible ones, but not stuff I would have picked. This is whats sitting in my friends basement and he would have just given it to me today if it wasn't for the fact that its his brothers. So if the bro wants to charge me, what would you guys pay? I can't attest to how it plays as I can't tune by ear and the strings are probably too lovely to sound good anyway. I don't really need it, it'd just be a guitar to set up in Teenage Riot tuning while I'm trying to learn that song. But it's something that might be worth upgrading in the future.

vanjalolz
Oct 31, 2006

Ha Ha Ha HaHa Ha

washburn085 posted:

Couldn't pass on this deal, should ship out Monday and hopefully it will be in my hands by Friday. Prestige S5470 for $850 with free shipping, well, only if you get red, the other colors were still $1399.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--IBAS5470

I posted a similar model a few posts back and I have been holding out for a ~$850 2008 model on ebay but this is just too good to pass up. Just put through an order for the last one they had. Shame they only have red :/

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

After selling a bunch of poo poo and picking up all the extra shifts I could at both jobs, I am now the proud owner of this beautiful thing

Click here for the full 600x800 image.
\

I also grabbed a PolyTune to go along with it. Now my other guitars sit in the corner and stare jealously

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

vanjalolz posted:

I posted a similar model a few posts back and I have been holding out for a ~$850 2008 model on ebay but this is just too good to pass up. Just put through an order for the last one they had. Shame they only have red :/

Ya, but I will take. It is Optimus red or something. So I will name it Prime, or Optimus Prime.

Mine was shipped today and should be here on Weds. I cannot wait to get it. I wish I had it now, I just got back from a Dillinger Escape Plan/Darkest Hour show and I feel like not sleeping and practicing all night because I feel inadequate right now, haha.

Post it when you get it and let me know what you think. I'll make sure to do the same.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

Epi Lepi posted:

What's the most you guys would pay for a Squire Tele that's been sitting in a basement unplayed for almost 10 years and has a bunch of random stickers all over it?
:10bux: x2 I really wouldn't pay more than 20 bucks for that.

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
Frankly I'm kind of surprised that people are buying that polytune thing. Lots of you seem to be buying it, too. What's the appeal? Is it a "wow thats such a cool technology" kind of purchase? That I get because they are really cool.

Or do you guys see some practical advantage? That I don't get. It seems to me like strumming all six strings at once and tuning that way would save me maybe two seconds compared with tuning the normal way. That's assuming the polytune tracks fast, which people are saying it does. Are you guys buying it for the "wow" factor or does it have some practical advantage I don't get?

Anyway, since this is a pictures thread, I'm going to be picking up one of these tomorrow or Friday depending how I'm feelin (got a cold.)

Going to run it into my non-master-volume Ampeg V2, which is just breaking up a little bit at band volume. Face melting shall result. Hopefully this will fix my dirt problems. I've been messing around with my Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive a lot to try and get just the right sound, currently it's the only dirt pedal I'm using. I keep playing with the gain and blend to try and get just the right crunch but when it's perfect for one song it doesn't fit for another. I think switching to a fuzz for my more saturated sounds and using the Wasabi on a lower gain setting for my more defined crunch sounds should give me what I want for everything. And man does the octave-up on this pedal cut like crazy. Going to be amazing for leads.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Col.Kiwi posted:

Frankly I'm kind of surprised that people are buying that polytune thing. Lots of you seem to be buying it, too. What's the appeal? Is it a "wow thats such a cool technology" kind of purchase? That I get because they are really cool.

Or do you guys see some practical advantage? That I don't get. It seems to me like strumming all six strings at once and tuning that way would save me maybe two seconds compared with tuning the normal way. That's assuming the polytune tracks fast, which people are saying it does. Are you guys buying it for the "wow" factor or does it have some practical advantage I don't get?

I had purchased it because I truly believed it would save me time. But once the novelty of it all wore off, I realized that the relative inaccuracy of it all (relative to the Turbo Tuner) was causing my tuning time to actually increase. If you've never owned a turbo tuner, it's a fantastic tuner. However, 6 months of super-accurate tuning goodness spoiled me, and I swore I could hear all sorts of subtle inaccuracies, so I simply sold it and bought a turbo tuner.

Also, the Polytune took me over a month to get. I ordered the Turbo Tuner last Thursday, got it in the mail on Saturday.

vvvvv Yes, you do. vvvvv

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 30, 2010

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I want a Turbo Tuner so bad, so bad. SO BAD.

Col.Kiwi
Dec 28, 2004
And the grave digger puts on the forceps...
Turbo tuner looks really drat cool. I sometimes find myself wanting one even though I have a planet waves tuner which is drat fine. Unless I suddenly win the lottery I never enter, upgrading tuner pedals from a working one is not exactly a priority.

I'm going to have to take everything off my pedalboard and reorganize it I think. I might have to put a power strip on there for multiple AC adapters. I had been powering everything with a Dunlop DC Brick, but my newish SMMH (thanks Agreed) makes a high pitched whine when powered by the Brick. I gotta remember to bring the stock AC adapter with me to rehearsal and see if that shuts it up. Don't love the idea of a power strip and several adapters though. Is anybody using an EHX SMMH with a multi pedal power supply that does not introduce noticable noise at loud gig volume? Maybe I can sell my DC Brick if there's something I could use that would be good for everything. Then again the SMMH technically wants 9.6v so maybe it's always going to have to run on a seperate power supply. Or I guess I could use one of those looper pedals to take my delays out of the chain when I'm not using delay (most of the time.) On the subject of pedalboard redesign, I wonder if the ultimate octave is one of those fuzzes that needs to be at the beginning of the chain? I hope not, I think it might be fun to feed it an already boosted signal.

tl;dr: blah blah blah my pedalboard

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I wish turbo tuner or anyone else would make a small tuner that's designed to sit on top of a head but still be visible from across a stage. A little half or third rack guy you can just plug into the tuner out.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Col.Kiwi posted:

Turbo tuner looks really drat cool. I sometimes find myself wanting one even though I have a planet waves tuner which is drat fine. Unless I suddenly win the lottery I never enter, upgrading tuner pedals from a working one is not exactly a priority.

Tuning is extremely important to me. It's hard to understand the value of the turbo tuner until you actually use it. I posted a comparison video of the Polytune and the Turbo Tuner which demonstrates pretty well how tuners of a lesser accuracy tell you you're in tune when the Turbo Tuner still says you're not quite in tune yet. It's fantastic.

Col.Kiwi posted:

I had been powering everything with a Dunlop DC Brick, but my newish SMMH (thanks Agreed) makes a high pitched whine when powered by the Brick. I gotta remember to bring the stock AC adapter with me to rehearsal and see if that shuts it up.

That's because the DC brick doesn't have isolated outputs. Switching to something like the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Plus 2 or the Modtone Power Plant (I use this) should/will eliminate that noise. It's also the only way you can use power supplies with certain octave fuzzes, but I don't know if the Octave fuzz you just bought is one of them.

EDIT:

warwick5s posted:

I wish turbo tuner or anyone else would make a small tuner that's designed to sit on top of a head but still be visible from across a stage. A little half or third rack guy you can just plug into the tuner out.

*ahem*

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

Gorilla Salsa posted:

*ahem*

Yeah, something kind of like that, but that's designed to lay flat. I am certain that thing would fall off my amp during a show. edit: I might get it anyways though just to see.

The Boss TU-50 is as close as I've been able to find, as it's a half rack.

DEUCE SLUICE fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

warwick5s posted:

Yeah, something kind of like that, but that's designed to lay flat. I am certain that thing would fall off my amp during a show.

As much as I'd love for Sonic Research to release a rack version of their tuner as well (admittedly for different reasons), you're probably better off supergluing the one I posted to a brick or the amp itself or something.