Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Kidney Stone posted:

That could be Bill Bailey, from his "Part Troll" show?

You nailed it! Thanks :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Go2DK9VtQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Depressing Drawers posted:

looking for a parody film clip on youtube a couple of guys did with mini bikes - a sort of fast and furious parody. Notably had a scene where he gives his glasses to his little brother "Joe Joe" but still has them on somehow.

you're looking for Toy Boyz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wwJDHmwtWM

made by goons

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye
At one time I stumbled upon a manga that I liked. It wasn't that interesting story wise, but some of the drawings were amazing. It was not work safe in any way, I think there were two people having sex, and then it turned into some weird LSD-like trip. It kept going a bit between these people having sex, and the trip.
I remember one of the last images in the manga, it was something like this:

(Sorry about the lovely illustration)
It was like the entire page was filled with their dna-strands or something like that. Not sure how to explain it, because it wasn't really dna-strands either, but their dissolved bodies or something.
I don't know what it is, I just hope that someone knows what manga I am talking about, because I used some of the pictures as wallpaper for a while, but now I can't find them anymore :(.

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007

any colour you like posted:

At one time I stumbled upon a manga that I liked. It wasn't that interesting story wise, but some of the drawings were amazing. It was not work safe in any way, I think there were two people having sex, and then it turned into some weird LSD-like trip. It kept going a bit between these people having sex, and the trip.
I remember one of the last images in the manga, it was something like this:

(Sorry about the lovely illustration)
It was like the entire page was filled with their dna-strands or something like that. Not sure how to explain it, because it wasn't really dna-strands either, but their dissolved bodies or something.
I don't know what it is, I just hope that someone knows what manga I am talking about, because I used some of the pictures as wallpaper for a while, but now I can't find them anymore :(.
Multiplication by Shintaro Kago?
http://pics.livejournal.com/kc_anathema/gallery/0007qs4g

sounds like you had it sideways, though

Click here for the full 827x1200 image.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Error 404 posted:

made by goons

Hahahahh that was AWESOME!

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye

The Sezza posted:

Multiplication by Shintaro Kago?
http://pics.livejournal.com/kc_anathema/gallery/0007qs4g

sounds like you had it sideways, though

Click here for the full 827x1200 image.

I love you, man. Thank you so much.
Oh, and I had completely forgotten that it was turned sideways, I did that so it would fit my screen better :)

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I used to have a game on some kind of old DOS-based OS. You were a pirate and had to buy cannon balls and stuff with neat "realistic" VGA graphics. It wasn't Monkey Island, but I seem to remember that there was a minigame a lot like the ship combat from The Curse of Monkey Island.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

I used to have a game on some kind of old DOS-based OS. You were a pirate and had to buy cannon balls and stuff with neat "realistic" VGA graphics. It wasn't Monkey Island, but I seem to remember that there was a minigame a lot like the ship combat from The Curse of Monkey Island.

you aren't talking about Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold, are you?

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Its 1 thing to jump and be able to land on 2 feet but I had no idea I was landing in Heaven.Hope all is well on this good Friday
I remember this site where you could set a mood and it would give you a tree of songs to listen to. Does anybody remember what this was?

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Delthalaz posted:

you aren't talking about Sid Meier's Pirates! Gold, are you?

I don't think. I looked up some screenshots, and I remember this game being more... Pink, I guess. I remember a very pink and black color scheme, a screen with a pile of cannonballs, and... not much else.

Looking at wikipedia, it seems that it was more likely EGA, with a 4-bit color depth.

Tahm Bwady posted:

I remember this site where you could set a mood and it would give you a tree of songs to listen to. Does anybody remember what this was?

A-ha, found it. You're thinking of Musicovery.
http://www.musicovery.com/index.php?ct=us

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 7, 2010

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED

Error 404 posted:

made by goons

I give you a big virtual tonguey kiss and some cake my friend.

Favela Flav
Dec 24, 2009
I think this is the second or third time I've posted in this thread. It's been a massive help.

I've just spend the last hour or so searching the internet archive after not getting any love from the SA archives, so I apologise if this has already come up in this thread. I'm new to archives so it could just be my looking in the wrong place.

There was a thread in '06 or '07 that was called 'Moments before Disaster', or 'Seconds before Disaster'.. It was a photos thread that had photos people had taken of random things people had taken photos of before tragedy struck. It had the Chris McCandless bus photo and a photo of a street in Belfast(?) moments before a carbomb went off.

I'm really wanting to track down that thread if it still exists in any way, shape or form, so if anyone could help me out, please do!

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

sm8000 posted:

You nailed it! Thanks :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Go2DK9VtQ

I'm glad that I could help.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Its 1 thing to jump and be able to land on 2 feet but I had no idea I was landing in Heaven.Hope all is well on this good Friday
A-ha, found it. You're thinking of Musicovery.
http://www.musicovery.com/index.php?ct=us
[/quote]

Thanks! Been looking for this for a while.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

a page full of "Supersurrealistic Poetry"

these were quatrains in the following format

(X) the (Y)
(X) the (Y)
(amusing line)
(X) the (Y)

one amusing one was

Skip the First Line
I already did
Skip the First Line

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.
I'm looking for a parody of The Price is Right where it takes place in Russia or a country near Russia. I remember at the end of it the host says "This story is happy end!" Just like the ending screen for Ghosts n Goblins.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

AndyAML posted:

This would be Kevin Ray Underwood. The transcribed .pdf is available here. A warning for people who have never read it before, it's pretty damned :nms:

I've never read this before, and it was very unsettling.

He's getting the death penalty, according to wikipedia, but it doesn't say when.

Pope Hilarius
May 3, 2007

Can anyone find that original Jenkem thread on somethingaful where that pickwick guy revealed he had an account?
THAANKS

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
I'm looking for a thread from SA from several years ago (04-07 I think) some goon was organising some party for his college. He wanted some giant slip n slide and posted work in progress shots of it, it looked loving immense. I've never been able to find it since, and I've tried searching for it about a dozen times trying to find the drat thing over the last year.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

rocket_Magnet posted:

I'm looking for a thread from SA from several years ago (04-07 I think) some goon was organising some party for his college. He wanted some giant slip n slide and posted work in progress shots of it, it looked loving immense. I've never been able to find it since, and I've tried searching for it about a dozen times trying to find the drat thing over the last year.

I believe the goon in question was Bruiser, but I may be wrong. I think the thread was from 07 or so, as I remember it and it was well after I registered.

Edit: Found it. May require Requires archives.

m2pt5 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 13, 2010

May 1, 2008

ಠ_ಠ
Does anyone remember Doogy Dawgs Logo Shack (counter-strike spray site) at logoshack.moonfruit.com from way back in the early 2000's (it was a pretty big site back in the day)? He had an awesome song on the first page of sprays with some animation of a disco dancer...I think the song was called "You can't change me" or something like that. It sounded kind of like a song that would play in a dance club. This is a major shot in the dark I know, but I haven't ever been able to find the song, or the artist's name, and I would love to know it so I could search for the CD on Amazon.

005060524 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 15, 2010

Zio Zihk
May 8, 2008
I'm looking for a short parody comic I saw posted on here a few times. I remember the first few pages featured a fight between a zipper covered hero with a giant engine-sword fighting a buff man in a rabbit suit. The buff man also wielded a pair of tongs and yelled "PARTY HARD".
Another thing I was looking for was a pic of a dilapidated house. There was a chain fence around the house and several hundred bicycles were piled in the yard.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

I'm not sure if this fits the spirit of the thread but I'll ask anyway.

I've been looking to buy/acquire/download music from the band The Hill Valley Preservation Society. They broke up a while back and I can't find anything. I know it was a bit cheesy but I can't control my nostalgia.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\
:backtowork:

Luna posted:

I'm not sure if this fits the spirit of the thread but I'll ask anyway.

I've been looking to buy/acquire/download music from the band The Hill Valley Preservation Society. They broke up a while back and I can't find anything. I know it was a bit cheesy but I can't control my nostalgia.

It looks like one of the guitarists has made some of the songs available online. I didn't include the url I found here conservatively to avoid filez. If a mod says it's ok, I'll edit this post to include it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I heard a song that is essentially Gilbert Gottfreid saying "Bob Saget raped and killed a woman in 1990" to some remix. Someone was playing it a while back on some TF2 server, and I cannot find it for the life of me.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I found Youtube footage of it, it does exist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYWzgzRQc0

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

CaptainHairdo posted:

It looks like one of the guitarists has made some of the songs available online. I didn't include the url I found here conservatively to avoid filez. If a mod says it's ok, I'll edit this post to include it.

I don't think it would be a problem as they've been defunct for years and there is no way to get the music. The fact that the guitarist is hosting the songs gives it some legitimacy.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Acrolos posted:

This one is probably pretty easy, but I can't remember it at all. It was a flash game, where there are bouncing balls, You are a guy with a gun of some kind that shoots the ball and causes them to either pop or create smaller balls that you must then shoot.

I know this sounds a little vague, but I used to love this game!

From a few pages back, but the flash game version is here:
http://www.miniclip.com/games/bubble-trouble/en/

zacpol
Jan 11, 2010

The Human Cow posted:

The Dionaea House

This is one of the most suspenseful stories I've read on the internet. I'm nearing the end, at the loreen mathers livejournal, and now I really want to see if it's ever going to get turned into a movie. It reminds me of House of Leaves.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\
:backtowork:

Luna posted:

I don't think it would be a problem as they've been defunct for years and there is no way to get the music. The fact that the guitarist is hosting the songs gives it some legitimacy.

All right. Here it is.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

m2pt5 posted:

I believe the goon in question was Bruiser, but I may be wrong. I think the thread was from 07 or so, as I remember it and it was well after I registered.

Edit: Found it. May require Requires archives.

excellent, thank you for that. I'd been looking for months and months

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 28, 2010

The Grand Judabuddha
Jan 21, 2001

Here's an old one that's been bugging me for years. Back when the internet was new and I was young and innocent I was looking for games to play. I wanted a version of arkanoid, and I was downloading random exe programs from the internet and trying them out on my Windows 95 PC. Now this was stupid even then, but not as instantly suicidal as it would be today certainly.

One of the "games" I downloaded purported to be a Douglas Adams pong game. When I ran it however, it started informing me it was deleting my hard drive in a snarky Douglas Adams manner, going so far as to list out all the files as it deleted them. It had a picture of the green blob guy from the books and a cancel button, but if you clicked it the thing would apologize that the functionality wasn't implemented. It scared the crap out of me and I pulled the plug on my computer, but it didn't really delete anything and was just a joke

Has anyone else heard of this or have a copy? It would really bring me back.Thanks

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

CaptainHairdo posted:

All right. Here it is.

I may have a few more that aren't posted. I'll try to get them up within a few days.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

SeanBeansShako posted:

I found Youtube footage of it, it does exist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaYWzgzRQc0

Thanks. I couldn't find this for the life of me. Now if I can only find the source..

E: After playing enough and finally hearing someone spam it, I was able to get a source. It's Rapidshit but it's still something.

http://rapidshare.com/files/369725280/bob_Saget_Raped_Killed_We_Like_To_Party.wav.html

Soulex fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 30, 2010

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Does anybody remember a GBS photoshop thread where celebrities heads were swapped? One image in particular that sticks out in my mind is Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's heads being switched around. I want to say it was around 2007 but I can't find it in the goldmine and it might have been earlier and/or not goldmined.

Tolstojevski
Apr 10, 2009
I lost track of a webpage a few years ago, and my google-fu is not helping. A chick (I think) was accepting embarrassing stories, usually from school, and drawing short comics about them.
The site provided many laughs, just like our "post your embarrassing..." threads, and I miss it :(.

The Entity
Apr 16, 2009

I still see the X

Finch and Chimps posted:

Still looking for this. Also it's not a review of Doki Doki Panic, the guy is actually playing SMB2 US.

Can't live without this video. :negative:

Is this the video you're looking for?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5qMJxjappA

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Tolstojevski posted:

I lost track of a webpage a few years ago, and my google-fu is not helping. A chick (I think) was accepting embarrassing stories, usually from school, and drawing short comics about them.
The site provided many laughs, just like our "post your embarrassing..." threads, and I miss it :(.

Pathetic Geek Stories

It's probably not been updated since you lost track of it. Used to be in the Onion.

D0ct0rAlanGrant
Aug 23, 2007

~My country is a complete embarrassment to world football and they deserve abuse from everyone at all times.~

~Handle your balls? Frenchmen can't resist!~
Can someone find me an old SA thread that was something like 'MS-Paint the saddest moment in TV'? The one thing I remember the most was someone drawing the ending of Scrubs - My Screw Up and I have been looking for that thread forever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Whilst farting I posted:

Does anybody remember a GBS photoshop thread where celebrities heads were swapped? One image in particular that sticks out in my mind is Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's heads being switched around. I want to say it was around 2007 but I can't find it in the goldmine and it might have been earlier and/or not goldmined.

I only saved two images from that thread. The other was Bill and Hillary Clinton.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread