Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Between evil crows and the Dark Man I was having flashbacks to The Stand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madlobster
Aug 12, 2003

nitebum posted:

How did we all miss this. We're terrible fans.

I skipped watching that commercial during the Super Bowl after a few seconds. I can't believe how obvious it is that Tim and Eric was behind this commercial.

Also, I loved the TGTTM ending to this last episode.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Tomorrow, you're both going to die!
AHAHAHAHAHA!

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

That was an ending far beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. I didn't even recognize Marilyn Manson; he really did go all chubbos.

cheap sunglasses
Mar 22, 2002

by Ozma

glompix posted:

That episode started amazingly, but started to wane a bit. The Paynus brothers thing didn't really connect. The TGTTM throwback made it all better, though. That was awesome show.

I liked that they blended the sexualization of the Jonas Bros with the creepy Billy Ray/Miley Cyrus father as Svengali angle.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Tomorrow, you're both going to die!
AHAHAHAHAHA!

Who is this guy? He looks familiar.

llibja
Sep 13, 2007

Rainn Wilson

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Dude doesnt even remotely look like Wilson... Great Job!

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
I've watched that episode 3 times now, and it is pure amazing. Loved it. The ending was definitely the best part. "Shoulda had'em bronzed!"

Mullet
Aug 19, 2007

Quall is amazing. Nah Rumph!

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

I may have woken up the neighbors via laughter during that ending.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
That was a great episode, loved the ending and Michael Crows.

On a related note, I went to a midnight showing of The Room last week. Holy poo poo, was it fun. I can definitely see why t&e are big wiseau fans. I bought the DVD after the Tommy episode, but never got around to watching it. I'm glad I waited, I can't imagine it being nearly as fun without the midnight movie experience.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

YancyDCjew posted:

On a related note, I went to a midnight showing of The Room last week. Holy poo poo, was it fun. I can definitely see why t&e are big wiseau fans. I bought the DVD after the Tommy episode, but never got around to watching it. I'm glad I waited, I can't imagine it being nearly as fun without the midnight movie experience.

It depends how you watch it - I've never been to a midnight showing, but I've watched it with a big group of friends all in various stages of drunkenness and it was one of the best movie-watching experiences I've ever had.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Chairman Capone posted:

It depends how you watch it - I've never been to a midnight showing, but I've watched it with a big group of friends all in various stages of drunkenness and it was one of the best movie-watching experiences I've ever had.

If you have no willing friends who like this kind of stuff, the RiffTrax is a good substitute. It helps to be familiar with some of the highlights ("You're tearing me apart, Lisa!") before watching it.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Chairman Capone posted:

I think most of what I would miss are the spoons. There was a guy at the front of the theater collecting bucketfuls of spoons and tossing then in the air at appropriate and inappropiate times.

I didn't know there was a rifftrax though, I'll check that out. I also need to go back and watch the Tommy episode and the sexual crimes ep, I'll have a new appreciation for then now.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut
How all the DJ's cut
Cut me a slice of your track now
Last night's episode was pretty good. Was anyone else getting some Wonder Showzen vibes? I usually try not to compare the two shows, but there were a lot of bits that seemed very Wonder Showzen.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

The Steak Justice posted:

Anyone else looking even more forward to Birdemic now?

Oh god I just looked this up.

http://www.birdemic.com/Trailers_Birdemic.html

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Crows

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax
I lost it at:

"YOU HAVE BEEN UNKIND AT THE BIRDS... OF THE WORLD!"

Extra Pulp
Nov 7, 2009

glompix posted:

Holy poo poo this looks amazing. Im going to the showing in Cleveland in June now.

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting
this episode was so gooood!

"up to 2x zoom"

The Worst
Feb 25, 2006

death from above
:ohdear:
So the Paynus brothers were some kind of crazy Jonas Brothers/Miley Cyrus Disney thing right? I can't wait to get this whole season on Bluray.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.

The Worst posted:

So the Paynus brothers were some kind of crazy Jonas Brothers/Miley Cyrus Disney thing right? I can't wait to get this whole season on Bluray.

Yeah, I really got the Disney Channel vibe specifically when they didn't answer the host's question, they just smiled and thanked the fans.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

YancyDCjew posted:

I went to a midnight showing for like the 5th time this weekend and we brought a flask of Scotchka. Be sure to do that next time.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Who played that third Paynus Brother?

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

timheidecker posted:

good eyes: RT @andybugay: gently caress YES. Check it Out! With Dr. Steve Brule on the [as] schedule for May 16. #foryourhealth

memento mori
May 4, 2008
Stupid post. I take it back.

memento mori fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 30, 2010

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

glompix posted:

Awesome.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Dr_Strangelove posted:

I may have woken up the neighbors via laughter during that ending.

My girlfriend came running into the loungeroom to see what was happening because she heard me lose it from the other end of the house. That ending was pretty amazing. I was happy enough when I recognised the birds but what came after.. jesus christ.

Then they topped it off with Michael Crows. I wish there were more than 5 episodes left.

ShemJac
Oct 18, 2006

It is not death. Prepare to become fictional.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Dude doesnt even remotely look like Wilson... Great Job!

it looks exactly like him because it is him.

John Blaster
Aug 2, 2006

I can't fall asleep without thinking about killing people.
Creativity, no.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

John Blaster posted:

Creativity, no.

Be provocative, be organized!

Babylonian
Jan 18, 2008
its time for some
sad
dad
posting

ShemJac posted:

it looks exactly like him because it is him.

I recognized him, but I was talking to a friend yesterday about the episode and she asked me "I thought Rainn Wilson was supposed to be in this one?" I think the eyes more than the wig really prevented some people from recognizing him for some reason.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Babylonian posted:

I recognized him, but I was talking to a friend yesterday about the episode and she asked me "I thought Rainn Wilson was supposed to be in this one?" I think the eyes more than the wig really prevented some people from recognizing him for some reason.

Plus, he's using a weird voice. Unless you haven't seen him much in other things, I don't see how you couldn't recognize him to be honest. Then again, I've gone as far to have seen The Last Mimzy. :gonk:

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I knew he was supposed to be in the episode, but didn't recognize him anyway. Once I read it in this thread though, it seemed obvious.

Also, I've watched enough Tom Goes to the Mayor that to recognize the credits at the end, but I don't get why they used them. Is there something more to it that I'm missing? Did it reference some episode I haven't seen?

John Blaster
Aug 2, 2006

I can't fall asleep without thinking about killing people.

Diabolik900 posted:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I knew he was supposed to be in the episode, but didn't recognize him anyway. Once I read it in this thread though, it seemed obvious.

Also, I've watched enough Tom Goes to the Mayor that to recognize the credits at the end, but I don't get why they used them. Is there something more to it that I'm missing? Did it reference some episode I haven't seen?

There's an episode where the mayor has a bunch of porcelain birds, which he refers to as chippies. Then they try to have them bronzed or something for some reason. I can't really remember, I'm a worthless fan.

Is that the episode that ends with a giant bird killing everyone at the end?

fake edit: wiki says:
Episode 6: When Jefferton's bird sanctuary is threatened by development, Tom brings the Mayor a petition from the town to save the birds. But the Mayor has a better idea: buying thousands of dollars worth of porcelain birds that are sure to appreciate significantly in value. Of course, Tom foots the bill with Joy's credit card, but when the birds turn out to be worth a bit less than the Mayor anticipated, woe is in the wind for Tom's finances and the real, non-porcelain birds.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

John Blaster posted:

Episode 6: When Jefferton's bird sanctuary is threatened by development, Tom brings the Mayor a petition from the town to save the birds. But the Mayor has a better idea: buying thousands of dollars worth of porcelain birds that are sure to appreciate significantly in value. Of course, Tom foots the bill with Joy's credit card, but when the birds turn out to be worth a bit less than the Mayor anticipated, woe is in the wind for Tom's finances and the real, non-porcelain birds.

Right, then the mayor comes up with another super lovely plan to have them all "brunzed", which does nothing to increase their value, and Tom has them "debrunzed" to get his money back, destroying them in the process to make them even less valuable. Oh and then a factory is airdropped on the bird sanctuary, killing them all.

I didn't realize it until the very end but there are a lot of parallels, this episode was the best this season (that loving part with Eric point blank shooting the bird had me rolling) and a great throwback to TGTTM.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
You know when you're starting to date someone, but you don't know exactly when to introduce them to bizarre poo poo like T&E? I finally showed Crows to this chick I'm seeing, and she loved it. What a keeper....

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
Plus it had tom ennis, who was the factory owner from TGTTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Should've had them glazed.

Also, gently caress! I missed Reanimated on Adult Swim. Now I'll have to search for the individual sketches unless there's some online T&E repository I don't know of.