Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Hedenius posted:

There's this low-budget horror film I can't remember the name of. But I remember a scene involving a trap in a barn or something like that. The hero (a woman I think) sets up a bunch of fishing rods and when the bad guy goes into the barn to kill her he's caught by a million fish hooks.

And I think the main plot involved a few people stumbling upon some hillbillies growing weed.
Is it Storm Warning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Is it Storm Warning?
Yes! Good work. I tried searching for horror movies involving fish hooks but I just found The Collector and The Isle.

ps. Storm Warning is pretty bad.

Hedenius fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 29, 2010

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

morestuff posted:

This is pretty much the vaguest of the vague, but there are two little snippets of dialogue I can't place that are driving me insane.

1. Someone enthusiastically, almost upbeat, saying "You're going to hate it!"

Google says it's from The Office, full quote:

Michael: "Peach Iced Tea. You're going to hate it!"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Those are it. Thanks, everyone.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I believe the movie I can't remember the name of was made in the 80s, is kind of a cult classic, and may be a re-telling of the Arthurian legend. The most concrete things I can remember are a supporting character being a cyclops with a staff weapon, and I believe they travel through a swamp at some point. Also the protagonist has a four-bladed throwing weapon that he can control with his mind. Like I said, I believe it's a movie with a sort of cult following, I just can't remember the name and think my roommate should check it out.

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

FishBowlRobot posted:

Also the protagonist has a four-bladed throwing weapon

Krull

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Erasmus Darwin posted:

Krull

That was fast. Thanks.

blackbox
Aug 7, 2006
I saw a bit of a film on TV (UK) perhaps 5-10 years ago. There was some kind of colourless liquid that when drank caused the person to explode (Not in a fiery way, just a blood and guts way). There may have been some kind of court room scene (American I think).

Any ideas? It's been driving me crazy.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

Diligent Deadite posted:

1) A robot sings the Star Spangled Banner while burning.

I am most likely wrong, but it might be the movie Hardware.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I'm trying to remember the name of a late silent, probably around 1927 or 1928. I can't remember the main plot details other than it was a drama about a married couple and there's a really sad scene where their little girl gets run over by a car. I recall the movie was very well made.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

blackbox posted:

I saw a bit of a film on TV (UK) perhaps 5-10 years ago. There was some kind of colourless liquid that when drank caused the person to explode (Not in a fiery way, just a blood and guts way). There may have been some kind of court room scene (American I think).

Any ideas? It's been driving me crazy.

Live Wire with pre-Bond Pierce Brosnan. It gets out of control and kind of goofy with the exploding people really.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104743/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

caiman posted:

I'm trying to remember the name of a late silent, probably around 1927 or 1928. I can't remember the main plot details other than it was a drama about a married couple and there's a really sad scene where their little girl gets run over by a car. I recall the movie was very well made.

The Crowd

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

FitFortDanga posted:

The Crowd

Thanks. Too bad it's not on DVD.

blackbox
Aug 7, 2006

Ape Agitator posted:

Live Wire with pre-Bond Pierce Brosnan. It gets out of control and kind of goofy with the exploding people really.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104743/

Yes that's it! THANKS!

Fatty Patty
Nov 30, 2007

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?
friend asked for help finding a movie poster/case, I couldn't figure out the answer and now it's really bothering me. Here's what she gave me:

girl with short blonde hair wearing blue shirt and jears holding a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it. White background

any ideas?

e: ps it's a horror movie.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Fatty Patty posted:

friend asked for help finding a movie poster/case, I couldn't figure out the answer and now it's really bothering me. Here's what she gave me:

girl with short blonde hair wearing blue shirt and jears holding a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around it. White background

any ideas?

e: ps it's a horror movie.

Haute Tension (High Tension)

Fatty Patty
Nov 30, 2007

How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

codyclarke posted:

Haute Tension (High Tension)

thanks so much!

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Need some help in identifying a movie that someone described to me but couldn't remember the name of. I think it's fairly recent. I'm going to put it in spoilers as I'm pretty much describing the whole plot (I think).

Some guy gets his house robbed and his wife and daughter are raped (possibly killed) by one of the perps, whilst he is tied up on the floor. The rapist testifies against the other perp, who is killed by a lethal injection which goes wrong and kills him horribly painfully. They find out that the guy somehow tampered with the equipment in order to exact revenge.

This guy gets put in prison and kills his cellmate, so is then put in solitary. Then people involved in the case start getting killed whilst he is still locked up. It turns out this guy worked for the CIA or similar and had spent years tunneling under the prison to the solitary confirment block, so once he was put there he was free to come and go as he likes. At some point he gets the actual rapist and tortures him before cutting him into like 30 pieces or something.

Edit: VV Thanks, Tommy Callahan

Lemon fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 30, 2010

Tommy Callahan
Sep 17, 2008

OH MY GOD! WE'RE BURNING ALIVE!

Lemon posted:

Need some help in identifying a movie that someone described to me but couldn't remember the name of. I think it's fairly recent. I'm going to put it in spoilers as I'm pretty much describing the whole plot (I think).

Law Abiding Citizen

Great movie.

papataz
Mar 29, 2010
OK, this is probably the first movie I remember seeing (and being terrified of it).

What: A kids' movie
When: Saw it in 1983/ 1984
Plot: There's this kid, a boy who is maybe nine or ten... He looked somewhat exotic to me back then, but I was five years old, that can mean anything... Anyway, the kid (who has black hair and dark skin) has a T- shirt with a picture of a tiger's head on it. When he puts it on, he gets "tiger powers" - i. e. super speed, strength, agility, etc - and there are some people wearing dark suits (agents of some sort?) that are out to get him.

That's all I remember. Does this ring any bells?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

papataz posted:

OK, this is probably the first movie I remember seeing (and being terrified of it).

What: A kids' movie
When: Saw it in 1983/ 1984
Plot: There's this kid, a boy who is maybe nine or ten... He looked somewhat exotic to me back then, but I was five years old, that can mean anything... Anyway, the kid (who has black hair and dark skin) has a T- shirt with a picture of a tiger's head on it. When he puts it on, he gets "tiger powers" - i. e. super speed, strength, agility, etc - and there are some people wearing dark suits (agents of some sort?) that are out to get him.

That's all I remember. Does this ring any bells?

Googled 'tiger t-shirt movie' because the plot sounded amazing and now I wanna see the movie. Pretty sure this is it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy%27s_Super_T-Shirt

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Ok, so my brother and I were watching TV one time when we really young, probably like 91-92. We saw a movie that we never remembered the name of but vividly remember one scene with a man with machine gun crutches in a shoot-out in what I remember to be a flower shop of some sort. Now normally I'd think it was just my young mind making poo poo up, but I recently talked about this with a friend of mine who grew up in another state who remembers this exact same thing. Also, it's not The Naked Man starring Michael Rapaport, that came out too many years later.

papataz
Mar 29, 2010

codyclarke posted:

Googled 'tiger t-shirt movie' because the plot sounded amazing and now I wanna see the movie. Pretty sure this is it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy%27s_Super_T-Shirt

Wow, that's it! I seem to have mashed two boy protagonists into a single character, though... Thanks a lot!

The Spookmaster
Sep 9, 2002

Hedenius posted:

Valhalla Rising?

Yessss. Thanks, that's the one.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Ok, so my brother and I were watching TV one time when we really young, probably like 91-92. We saw a movie that we never remembered the name of but vividly remember one scene with a man with machine gun crutches in a shoot-out in what I remember to be a flower shop of some sort. Now normally I'd think it was just my young mind making poo poo up, but I recently talked about this with a friend of mine who grew up in another state who remembers this exact same thing. Also, it's not The Naked Man starring Michael Rapaport, that came out too many years later.

Googling seems to indicate this plot device was used in an episode of The A-Team, but I couldn't tell you which one.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I think this was Mid 80s, I remember seeing it on TV, I think it was a British movie, possibly made for TV movie.
It was about a group of students that kidnap their teacher and put him on trail for being a bad teacher. I remember the teacher ended up hanging himself. That's about all I remember.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

Crow_Rodeo posted:

Closing thing I can recall is the sniper rifle hidden in a crutch in the film Day of the Jackal.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069947/

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?
In the beginning of Darkman a guy's prosthetic arms and legs are guns and some henchmen yank them off his body and start shooting people while the guy leans on crutches. Only thing I can come up with.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Watched This: Mid 90's.
Genre: Fantasy
Remember: I don't remember much of the whole plot, just a couple of scenes. It was an animated movie with talking dragons for a few characters. The animation style was similar to that of an old school Disney movie, like the Lion King or Sleeping Beauty.
For one reason or another (I think it was some spell), a human character gets changed into a dragon. This leads to a scene where a much older dragon is teaching said character how dragons eat a certain kind of rock in order to breath fire.
Later on in the movie, the "good guys" confront a huge troll or ogre. The young dragon gets his rear end kicked, so the older dragon fights the troll and kills it, but he dies in the process.
Towards the very end of the movie, something bad happens and there is a shot of dragons falling from the sky (unconscious?) while dramatic music plays.

For a young kid, all of this stuff was pretty :krad:.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
Flight of Dragons! A Bass and Rankin picture. Those are the people who made the Hobbit and the good Lord of the Rings animated movie. Available in it's entirety on YouTube and Google Video.

edit: Holy poo poo Google Video all changed up since I used it last. No idea where you'll find it for free and YouTube seems to be all clips now. Maybe you can figure out how Google Video works?

edit: The Veoh link off of Google purports to be the entire movie, but you have to install something to watch it?

Veoh link: http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/animation/watch/v18827028teeeY72m

anticake fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 4, 2010

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

anticake posted:

Flight of Dragons! A Bass and Rankin picture. Those are the people who made the Hobbit and the good Lord of the Rings animated movie. Available in it's entirety on YouTube and Google Video.

edit: Holy poo poo Google Video all changed up since I used it last. No idea where you'll find it for free and YouTube seems to be all clips now. Maybe you can figure out how Google Video works?

edit: The Veoh link off of Google purports to be the entire movie, but you have to install something to watch it?

Veoh link: http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/animation/watch/v18827028teeeY72m

Holy poo poo, that's exactly it. Thanks!

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

Can't for the life of me remember what this movie is called.

It's based on a book, and has an actor playing the lead role whom I think looks like Aaron Eckhart (at least I originally thought it was him).
The plot is about a mentally retarded patient in a mental institution. The doctors there believe they have discovered a method of reversing mental retardation.
So basically they run some tests on him, and then attempt the procedure.

It was incredibly successful and turned the dude into a genius, becoming far more intelligent than the doctors who cured him, and as a result ruining his life; making him incredibly unhappy.

I'm sure someone on here will recognise this immediately. Thanks. :)

i am a bee
Apr 17, 2006
bees, bees, bees, just lookin' for a good time

Optimus Prime Ribs posted:

It's based on a book, and has an actor playing the lead role whom I think looks like Aaron Eckhart (at least I originally thought it was him).
The plot is about a mentally retarded patient in a mental institution. The doctors there believe they have discovered a method of reversing mental retardation.

It was incredibly successful and turned the dude into a genius, becoming far more intelligent than the doctors who cured him, and as a result ruining his life; making him incredibly unhappy.

That's the plot of the novel 'Flowers for Algernon'. It's been filmed, so possibly the adaptation of that?

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0210044/

This 2000 version has a lead that maybe, kinda, sorta looks like Eckhart.

i am a bee fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Apr 4, 2010

Action Andy
Feb 5, 2007

Out From Animals

Optimus Prime Ribs posted:

It's more likely this version of Flowers For Algernon

Charly
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062794/

Optimus Prime Ribs
Jul 25, 2007

Action Andy posted:

It's more likely this version of Flowers For Algernon

Charly
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062794/

This is it. Thanks man. :)

maverick bigcock
Jan 2, 2010
Saw just a piece of this movie on TV like 5 years ago. A middle-aged guy is imprisoned in some kind of white dome or confinement zone, and breakfast has been set out for him. He tries to eat some eggs, only to find they are fake, with some kind of taunting message written on the bottom.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...

Maverick J. Biceps posted:

Saw just a piece of this movie on TV like 5 years ago. A middle-aged guy is imprisoned in some kind of white dome or confinement zone, and breakfast has been set out for him. He tries to eat some eggs, only to find they are fake, with some kind of taunting message written on the bottom.

Ah, that would be the Disney Channel "classic" Still Not Quite Human. Part three in the series.

Desiato
Mar 8, 2006

Thy next foe is...
When I was younger I saw an anime made sometime between the mid 80s to early 90s, it seemed to be part of a series of movies. In the beginning of the movie the heroine gets into a car accident, (during a car chase I think) and falls into a coma. While in the coma she has a dream in which she and several friends from her real life journey to a strange town and shack up at a hotel. While in the hotel they are all visited in the night unexpectedly by a little girl and a wolf who predicts the date of their death. Afterward they seem to get into an altercation with the local population (who seem to be under some spell, kind of like zombies) and they start fighting them to complete some sort of objective. After completing their mission she immediately awakes from her coma and finds all her friends standing around her, it becomes apparent that the dream was an internal battle for her life.

VampireRobot
Apr 4, 2004
I've got a couple of weird ones that are just vague memories from stuff I think I saw on TV when I was a kid.

1. All I remember about this one is that there seemed to be a girl and her boyfriend, and they were at a creepy carnival, and all kinds of stuff was weird and wrong, and they started freaking out, and one of the things that was messed up was there was some kind of sideshow guy that was like a gigantic snake with an old man's face, and it was supposed to be the girl's dad who had transformed into a big monster snake. It was a pretty cheesy effect but for some reason it has really stuck with me.

2. This might have been some kind of horror movie. I don't remember anything other than a scene where the guy seems to be locked in a tiny box (tiny as in nowhere to move, but can still stand), and i think the sides were slowly closing in on him. I remember it was some kind of scene playing on claustrophobic ideas. The walls kept getting closer and the guy was panicking, and then i think the walls actually started crushing him and the floor of the little box was slowly pooling up with his blood.

I have seen tons of horror movies since I was a kid and still have never seen anything like this. I hope it really exists and isn't something my mind filled in in blanks from when I was covering my eyes or something. The closest thing I ever found was Pet Sematary 2 where the guy is trapped in that maze and grave or whatever. That wasn't it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larch Tote
Mar 10, 2007

...in the world.

VampireRobot posted:

1. All I remember about this one is that there seemed to be a girl and her boyfriend, and they were at a creepy carnival, and all kinds of stuff was weird and wrong, and they started freaking out, and one of the things that was messed up was there was some kind of sideshow guy that was like a gigantic snake with an old man's face, and it was supposed to be the girl's dad who had transformed into a big monster snake. It was a pretty cheesy effect but for some reason it has really stuck with me.

Could it be Sssssss? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070622/ I haven't seen it myself, but it's hard to forget a title like that. Plus "carnival" was one of the plot keywords.