Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

even if they had to pay back some money it would be worth it. Big logo and new crest isn't the end of the world either.

If your new kit is anything near as good as City's you will be laughing :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

even if they had to pay back some money it would be worth it. Big logo and new crest isn't the end of the world either.

what the hell is that

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

luvd posted:

what the hell is that

Looks like the shirts they sell in Primark over here.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

luvd posted:

what the hell is that

It's a t-shirt on the arsenal store. Get rid of the stripe going up the sleeve and i think it would give a pretty good idea of what a retro kit with new crest and big logo would look like.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

It's a t-shirt on the arsenal store. Get rid of the stripe going up the sleeve and i think it would give a pretty good idea of what a retro kit with new crest and big logo would look like.

Urgh! :barf: That shirt is horrible though.

Anyway, this is from some guy on an Arsenal forum I lurk on:

quote:

I attended something through work (I have the misfortune for working in Mike Ashley's dreaded sports chain), entitled the Nike Sports Summit. They are annual things where they teach us about their new products and a major part of this one was the World Cup, the New Premiership ball and funnily enough the new kits next season.

So I have the fun of being able to confirm that both of Arsenalinsider's mock ups are nigh on spot on. The only major difference in the samples we were shown is that the away shirt has a v-neck collar. I did ask the Nike Rep presenting it about the shirts with the cannon, and smaller Emirates logo, and he stated (but was a bit hesitant as he claimed he hadn't seen the shots) that there were plans to wear a one off shirt akin to when Manure wore a one off shirt in tribute to those who passed in the Munich air disaster. Take it with a pinch of salt though, as he didn't really seem sure and just seemed to agree with the point/question I raised to him along those lines.

Just a few notes on the other kits we saw. Inter have a new white away shirt, with a fancy looking dragon snaking down the sleeve onto the body of the shirt. Manure have a new home and away, the home looking akin to the new Brazil home with the same seams running down the sleeves but with a short white collar cutting into a V-neck. The Away was white, with red and black bolts at the top of the sleeves. Villa's home and away looked akin to the new Holland home, but with checks on both shirts running down from under the sleeve. Barca had a interesting away shirt, in light green, with a red and blue strip across the chest. There were other shirts, but I'm sure I am boring you and my descriptions are pretty woeful.

But yes, Arsenalinsider's mock ups are nigh on spot on according to the samples we were shown. And they looked like beauts.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
yeah i don't post on a-m either, far too annoying

Twenty Pence Piece
Mar 30, 2007
D.G. REG. F.D.
Does anyone know why I can't find a world cup kit for North Korea anywhere? I want to get one as an ironic sort of thing, but nobody stocks them, or has pictures of them, or even advertises making them :confused:

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Twenty Pence Piece posted:

Does anyone know why I can't find a world cup kit for North Korea anywhere? I want to get one as an ironic sort of thing, but nobody stocks them, or has pictures of them, or even advertises making them :confused:

closest i could find, not sure if they've brought out their new one yet

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So how would I go about getting a Palermo kit? For, um, not $140 american, since that's what it looks like online.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

silvergoose posted:

So how would I go about getting a Palermo kit? For, um, not $140 american, since that's what it looks like online.

http://www.subsidesports.com/us/league-teams/europe/italy/serie-a/palermo.html

About 60 bucks it seems

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Do smaller teams (e.g. League 2 side Bury) generally offer customization such as a player's name/number?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mandalay posted:

Do smaller teams (e.g. League 2 side Bury) generally offer customization such as a player's name/number?

Probably if you go directly to their club shop.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Pretty sure the Football League (and Premier League) have standardised patches and kit lettering.

So you can just buy a plain shirt and then have whatever else sewn on locally.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Ragingsheep posted:

Inter have a new white away shirt, with a fancy looking dragon snaking down the sleeve onto the body of the shirt.

Hope AC counter with a fire breathing tiger or similar.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Hope AC counter with a fire breathing tiger or similar.

Or a wolf.

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

Rats in the hallway again!

Mickolution posted:

Or a wolf.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Berlusconi's face embossed on the shoulder or something to that effect.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

silvergoose posted:

if you don't care about getting a year old kit, http://classicfootballshirts.co.uk/ has some for really cheap

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

^^^^^^^^^
I really did not need to see this. My bank account hates you. :gonk:

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I remember some folks ordering from soccertiads.com, how was the quality? how long did it take to get your shirts?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

oldman posted:

I remember some folks ordering from soccertiads.com, how was the quality? how long did it take to get your shirts?

From what I remember reading on here, they're almost indistinguishable from the real deal. Seems like they're counterfeits being made in factories with the real materials, but not on official time. Also, be sure that you're a men's size medium or extra large, 'cause I think those were the only two sizes :v:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I bought an Arsenal-shirt (XL) from Soccertriads and although the quality is nice the shape and fit was ridiculously bad. It was really short and super broad, like it was designed for a short and very fat person.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

harperdc posted:

From what I remember reading on here, they're almost indistinguishable from the real deal. Seems like they're counterfeits being made in factories with the real materials, but not on official time. Also, be sure that you're a men's size medium or extra large, 'cause I think those were the only two sizes :v:
Except they're not really. I ordered one of the Arsenal away-blues thinking it'd be decent since everyone says they are.

It was loving terrible. The badge was completely wrong, like they had someone attempt to draw the Arsenal logo by hand and then stitched something from that design. The premiership patches weren't right and the name + number on the back could've been right, but they were the cheap heat-pressed vinyl numbers instead of the fuzzy ones that you normally get.

All in all a pretty poo poo shirt that I doubt I'll ever wear and I won't get anything from them again.

pimpslap
Nov 27, 2002
new home, old colors, same Arsenal
I bought a couple from Jomzajung, now BornProsper I think, and the quality was decent on them. A long sleeve yellow Arsenal from last season and a Holland blue away. Everything looked good all around except the finishing. Like the felt backing on the badges wasn't trimmed down, but that was really the only fault I found with them.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Too bad to hear about the poor quality of soccertriads, I had already ordered a shirt. I'll see how it turns out.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
:frogsiren: MOST LIKELY FAKE (expect more of these over the next couple of weeks, I guess).

My brother alerted me on Facebook of the 'new' Liverpool top. Not having it.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-kits/liverpool-2010-2011-adidas-football-shirts-leaked.html

Looks like an awful rip off, to me.

ICA fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 1, 2010

Hybrid
Sep 9, 2002

That's been online for a few weeks now.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Hybrid posted:

That's been online for a few weeks now.

And roundly discredited I should hope.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

ICA posted:

And roundly discredited I should hope.

They look pretty lovely but the away is in keeping with what is supposed to be definite so I'd go with them being real tbh.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

luvd posted:

They look pretty lovely

the #1 sign that it might be a real adidas shirt

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

It looks like the shirt next to it has a sales tag on it, leading me to assume it's just some lovely rip-off being sold at an Adidas outlet store.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

According to liverpoolfc.tv.

Seems legit.

I dunno, looks a bit fakey. I mean, I consider it legit but it looks badly made or something.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ICA posted:

it looks badly made

adidas

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
the badge looks photoshopped, but that is a disgusting shirt

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

luvd posted:

the badge looks photoshopped, but that is a disgusting shirt

Brings back the early 90s designs in the pattern.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

ICA posted:

:frogsiren: MOST LIKELY FAKE (expect more of these over the next couple of weeks, I guess).

My brother alerted me on Facebook of the 'new' Liverpool top. Not having it.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/10/11-kits/liverpool-2010-2011-adidas-football-shirts-leaked.html

Looks like an awful rip off, to me.

looks the same too

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.
They've now been officially announced on the liverpool site: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/shop/kit?ncid=store_preorder_newhomekit_splash_25032010

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nyarlothotep posted:

They've now been officially announced on the liverpool site: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/shop/kit?ncid=store_preorder_newhomekit_splash_25032010

I can't really comment after Newcastle's orange creamsicle away, but god drat.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I love it. Looks like the first Candy one I had as a kid.

The third/European (lol) strip that was leaked is lovely too.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Second strip's quite nice too

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Love the second strip, will be buying one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khalil
Mar 29, 2005

This is from http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2010/new-liverpool-fc-home-kit-2010-12/, looks like its their new kit to me.