Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

So it was some sort of hot asian chick convention?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

How many people died of laughter induced asphyxiation that day?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

eggyolk posted:

How many people died of laughter induced asphyxiation that day?

Normally not deadly, but when combined with blood flow focused on the crotch region it can certainly lead to death.

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010
It's a diesel motorbike that doesn't look awful

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Ringo R posted:

Went to the Bangkok International Motorshow

I'd ride those. (I can't see any bikes there though)

I love how Honda has all these dressed up models.
Yamaha also has dressed up models
Suzuki has the power rangers.
And Kawasaki just has a bunch of normal looking girls hanging around playing with their hair and on their phones.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Ringo R posted:

Yamaha

Why do the Yamaha girls look like Team Rocket mixed with red riding hood?

And so adorable except for the implated chin microphone. I noticed it and now everything is ruined! :mad:

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
BRAH-BRAHBRAHBRAH-BRAHBRAH-BRAHBRAHBRAHBRAH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92AUXhYZ0M

Yes, we have a video BBcode tag. I can't remember the syntax.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92AUXhYZ0M

code:
[video type="youtube"]D92AUXhYZ0M[/video]
If you just put the direct YouTube link in [video] [ /video] tags, it turns it into that.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

Any time you see the blinking light, that's either TC or ABS, I believe.

2ndclasscitizen had it right. The light you're seeing is the shift light, which they had set at 8k rpm for some reason. I only got the TC and ABS systems to engage a couple times on my brief ride of a S1000RR but they're definitely not on the top of the instrument cluster. They're either flanking the neutral light which is under the speedo display, or off to the bottom left of the tach, can't remember...

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Jabs posted:

BRAH-BRAHBRAHBRAH-BRAHBRAH-BRAHBRAHBRAHBRAH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92AUXhYZ0M

Turns out she thought he was a fag the whole time.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

needknees posted:

2ndclasscitizen had it right. The light you're seeing is the shift light, which they had set at 8k rpm for some reason.

BMW says to keep them under 9k rpm for the initial 1000km. Initially it was just advice to keep it under there, but they've since updated the ECU to limit them to that, then at the 1000km service the limiter is removed by the dealer.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

BMW says to keep them under 9k rpm for the initial 1000km. Initially it was just advice to keep it under there, but they've since updated the ECU to limit them to that, then at the 1000km service the limiter is removed by the dealer.

Yes I realize that, but watch the video again -- the shift light starts blinking at 8k rpm. You can set the light at whatever rpm you want within a reasonable range... not sure what the low end is but it doesn't surprise me that you could go down to 8k.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

eggyolk posted:

There's gotta be a story behind this.

needknees posted:

Yes I realize that, but watch the video again -- the shift light starts blinking at 8k rpm. You can set the light at whatever rpm you want within a reasonable range... not sure what the low end is but it doesn't surprise me that you could go down to 8k.

What throws me is that it stops blinking after awhile.

"SHIFT SHIFT SHIFT SHIFT...oh. Nevermind." and then when the RPMs drop back down it starts spazzing out again. What the hell.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

LeftyChris posted:

It's a diesel motorbike that doesn't look awful

http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...%3Doff%26sa%3DG

That rules. I hope they're ready for me to buy the poo poo out of that. The site says it won't be available outside the EU before 2011. Do you know if they'll offer it in the states?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

eggyolk posted:

Why is the text printed perfectly level with the camera while the white slip is curved?

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJgTF16a-h0

I NEED ONE

It's a tiny portable stand. Anyone used one before?

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

Jack the Smack posted:

Why is the text printed perfectly level with the camera while the white slip is curved?

It's not fake, though. It's from the Texas Mile

Watch the video for said 261mph Hayabusa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9udv8bIz_8

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Z3n posted:

There's gotta be a story behind this.

It recorded a naked Hayabusa going 250 MPH. As soon as the crowd heard the speed over the PA they lept to their feet to hoot-and-holler. While the revery was going on few noticed the almost silent black Hayabusa following it down the track. I just heard "what is that" and turned around to see a bike crossing the mile-marker at ludicrous speed. You can't even fathom what 261.5 MPH looks like until you see it.

When he saw the score the rider was shaking. We asked him how he felt and all he could say was "I gotta go hug my wife" before taking off down the pits.

http://www.speedsportlife.com/2010/03/28/ssl-event-coverage-spring-2010-texas-mile-photo-gallery/

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Wanna buy this Harley 350

But don't have cash to throw away cause my cash is busy being thrown away.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

MrZig posted:

I NEED ONE

that's a drat good idea. Right now I've got a center stand, but I wouldn't have had to buy it if I had one of those. Guy must be making a mint on the markup if he sells many, there's not much to it at all.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Ola posted:

Do you think there's enough glue in the world to reattach the rusty frame and exhaust parts that bike has puked up?

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010
drat that Texas mile event looks really cool.Sadly,here in England (health and safety capital of the world )we've got maybe 2 dedicated top speed tracks:1/4 mile @ santa pod dragway and bruntingthorpe airfield.Even on an abandoned airfield you'd probably still catch grief!:cop:

ought ten posted:

That rules. I hope they're ready for me to buy the poo poo out of that. The site says it won't be available outside the EU before 2011. Do you know if they'll offer it in the states?

No idea about the States ought ten,best bet would be to email them,they seem like pretty laid back dudes(they are Dutch :350:,smoke and a pancake?)I cant wait for it to hit the England,i'm doing a 1000 miles a week and getting 58mpg out of my 900 hornet,I reckon you could get 90+ out of that smoker easy

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Blaster of Justice posted:

Do you think there's enough glue in the world to reattach the rusty frame and exhaust parts that bike has puked up?

Most bike sellers are morons when it comes to photography. He hasn't cleaned it properly, just hosed it down and then snapped a pic right away.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ola posted:

I so would buy an old 2-stroke Harley, thats awesome. I'd show up at Harley rallies with it too.

npn
Mar 7, 2006

MrZig posted:

I NEED ONE

I use the same technique but just scrounge around for an appropriately sized stick, rock or lump of wood whenever I need to.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

MrZig posted:

I NEED ONE

I was totally into it until I saw they want $75 + shipping for it. I'd rather just buy a proper stand for that price.

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010
Running out of petrol on a motorway=bad
Running out of petrol on a motorway whilst it's pissing down=worse

Came into possession of an old kwacka recently...

Well it's got 2 wheels and a set of handlebars!

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
hoe's before mo's

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Saw this Harley at lunch and had to take a picture. PLAYING DRESS UP IS FUN!

Motorcycle parking at work gets a little crazy. These two have been having been giving each other a hard time for a couple of weeks. What's up with the bike cover on a beautiful day?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Crayvex posted:

I miss that place. :( There's no good coney type places down here.

quote:

Motorcycle parking at work gets a little crazy. These two have been having been giving each other a hard time for a couple of weeks. What's up with the bike cover on a beautiful day?

So now that I'm gone, who gets all belligerent and calls parking enforcement?

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

I miss that place. :( There's no good coney type places down here. We lost a few of the places due to the poor economy. That place changed ownership but the food and waitstaff still rocks.

So now that I'm gone, who gets all belligerent and calls parking enforcement?

Apparently everyone! Parking violations now result in loss of parking privileges (which leads to loss of employment!) I have three guys that work for me that have two strikes.

I miss my cop bike.

Can you believe this was three years ago?

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Pardon us while DZ and I remember good times and bad.

Oh Dave... you were such a tool.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Crayvex posted:

Pardon us while DZ and I remember good times and bad.

Oh Dave... you were such a tool.

:argh:

I was not expecting to be Arbo-rolled on SA. :golfclap:

Also, 3 years?? That's it? Man, it feels like 10.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Crayvex posted:

Can you believe this was three years ago?

That's your sportster? Where's the straight pipes and apes, maaaaan?

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Slim Pickens posted:

Hey, that Sportster belongs to a lurker. I have the 1977 Honda CB750K in the far back. (Although I did help the owner change to mid controls last week)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Crayvex posted:

When I see bikes like this, I try to guess what the owner does by day.

I'm going to guess accounts receivable. Also, I'll guess that the owner has never punched anyone in his life, even in jest, despite what his brake lever would lead you to believe.

Lancek
May 31, 2007
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Well, if were posting pictures of the bikes at work.

Starting from back to front:
BMW 1200GS
2010 Ninja 250r (Mine)
2009 Ninja 250r (My Brother's)
Suzuki DR-Z 400SM
Honda 929
Some kind of Harley(Don't know much about it, new guy)

There's a few other bikes that didn't show that day including one of those special all matte black Harley's, a coworkers 2006 CBR600RR, and the CEO's brand new S1000RR.

Lancek fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 31, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Slim Pickens posted:

Haha. Funny thing is he (the owner, not Crayvex) did have aftermarket pipes and eventually swapped the factory pipes back on.