Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Does anyone else buy the shorts?

Definitely, the Shorts are often better bang for your buck than the main Riffs themselves, they come pre-synced with the video itself so you don't have to buy anything more or deal with syncing, and are almost always a laugh riot. I think there's been a single Short I've been disappointed with, ever.

Drugs Are Like That, Patriotism, and the one with the drunk hobo Santa are the best. I had to pause Drugs Are Like That a couple times to catch my breath.

I've bought about six pages of them so far, probably going to finish the rest of them off in the next week or two. They're just so drat good overall. I've also been feeding friends at work Rifftrax Shorts to get them into ordering more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

I'm a little more than halfway through New Moon. Holy god is this loving bad. The effects are poo poo, and NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. I can't remember the last movie I saw with such a loving awful ratio of time:plot. gently caress.

God, you're right. Watched it last night with the Rifftrax, it was like pulling teeth. The Rifftrax wasn't terribly good either, I'd give it a miss if you haven't bought it already.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Pompous Rhombus posted:

God, you're right. Watched it last night with the Rifftrax, it was like pulling teeth. The Rifftrax wasn't terribly good either, I'd give it a miss if you haven't bought it already.

I'm in the middle of it now.

Goddamn the loving pauses in this pile of poo poo. How do women like this crap?

Seriously, explain this to me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
well, if you look at your average twilight fan, they generally have the same features and attitudes. And "quirks".

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Captain Invictus posted:

well, if you look at your average twilight fan, they generally have the same features and attitudes. And "quirks".

So they're all emotionless, mumbling zombies?

I haven't seen this much nothing happen in a film in a long time.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

muscles like this? posted:

The Case of Tommy Tucker (parts 1 & 2) Probably the only two part short I'd recommend. Tommy Tucker is the most annoying boy in the world, who gets hit by a car and goes to a bizarre safety orientated version of heaven.

I got yelled at for riffing on this in 7th grade health class. I had been into MST3K for awhile, so that was pretty much the reason I was doing it. I must see the rifftrax.

edit: I watched the preview and I guess I was wrong. It was a more 80's or 90's thing that fits pretty much the same description.

Kevar fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 28, 2010

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mister Kingdom posted:

So they're all emotionless, mumbling zombies?

I haven't seen this much nothing happen in a film in a long time.

Well I really meant that if you've seen even one twilight fan, you've pretty much seen them all.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Teenage Drug Addict is quite a bizarre short with a fantastic riff.

VERY highly recommended.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Teenage Drug Addict is quite a bizarre short with a fantastic riff.

VERY highly recommended.

"Withdrawrrel, they called it"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Universe Master posted:

"Withdrawrrel, they called it"

"Everyone was laughing and having fun."
"It was like the opposite of a Carlos Mencia show."

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

muscles like this? posted:

Drugs Are Like That The two stupidest children discuss what exactly drugs are like. Including a baby.
My god those children are intolerable.
Child A: Drugs are like X
Child B: Yeah, drugs are like that.
Child A: Like what?
Child B: What what?
Child A: Huh? Who?
Child B: What?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Reo posted:

My god those children are intolerable.
Child A: Drugs are like X
Child B: Yeah, drugs are like that.
Child A: Like what?
Child B: What what?
Child A: Huh? Who?
Child B: What?
Far from being about drugs, it's actually a PSA on the benefits of abortion.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Molly Grows Up

"Jeanie, when do you think I'll start having periods?"
"Pretty soon, I suppose."
So get the hell off my chair.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Molly Grows Up

"Jeanie, when do you think I'll start having periods?"
"Pretty soon, I suppose."
So get the hell off my chair.

I just tried a couple of shorts. Night Before Christmas wasn't very good, but Molly Grows Up was freaking hilarious.

edit quick question about MST3K, which episode did the SLEEEEEEP thing originate in? They've made that joke a bunch of times but I haven't seen the one that set it off.

Corridor fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 29, 2010

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Corridor posted:

I just tried a couple of shorts. Night Before Christmas wasn't very good, but Molly Grows Up was freaking hilarious.

edit quick question about MST3K, which episode did the SLEEEEEEP thing originate in? They've made that joke a bunch of times but I haven't seen the one that set it off.
Isn't that just a generic Bela Lugosi thing?

"You have to be Hungarian, and double jointed."

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I ended up buying all the shorts, and I generally enjoy most of them. Even the weakest ones have a good joke or two. Had a lot of fun watching "The Following Game" last night.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Corridor posted:

I think it's from the original Dracula - with Lugosi, like Plavski said.

VVV oh yeah, good call. :) Good old Tor!

fenix down fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 29, 2010

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

fenix down posted:

I think it's from the original Dracula - with Lugosi, like Plavski said.

Nope. Bride of the Monster.

And they were quoting it before they ever did the episode.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfNyO3FzpK0

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 29, 2010

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I haven't purchased anything from Rifftrax in a while; are they still having problems with USAA?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rifftrax is streaming the 2009 Comic Con Panel on their site tonight

http://www.rifftrax.com/live/sdcc09?t=1

quote:

Tonight at 6pm PT / 9 EST login for a webcast of last year's Comic-Con panel! No one (except those who attended the panel) have ever seen this! Watch as the guys riff Shake Hands with Danger live in front of a crowd of 1000+ and then take suggestions on which movie to riff! (Spoiler: the winner was Dragon Wars!)

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The best part of Drugs Are Like That is the guy in the car accident who is just casually laying on the ground

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Deadpool posted:

Rifftrax is streaming the 2009 Comic Con Panel on their site tonight

http://www.rifftrax.com/live/sdcc09?t=1

Cool. I'm definitely recording this.

Kashew
Feb 1, 2009
I ENJOY TALKING IN CIRCLES AND LEADING THREADS INTO POINTLESS DERAILS. DO NOT RESPOND TO MY POSTS, YOU ARE ONLY ENABLING ME TO CONTINUE BEING AN IDIOT. JUST IGNORE ME, PLEASE.
I think it'd be cool if they riffed the 1960's movie Spartacus.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This live stream is loving terrible, it jumps and twitches like an epileptic in a strobe light. I've missed half the movie suggestions because the stream stops for 20 seconds at a time. :(

edit: "Yeah uh...you get a priiiize......you get...uh....my name placard, because I ran out of DVDs."

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Mar 30, 2010

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
"The Trouble With Women" is probably the best 6 and a half minutes of my life.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I recorded the stream but when I clicked on the window on the Rifftrax site, it opened the same window on the Ustream site and I ended up having two streams going at the same time. The Danger short has dueling audio for the first twelve minutes, but since I already have that one, I at least got the Q & A despite the aforementioned spasms.

They need to find a better host for these things.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Patriotism:

"If we learn to care for others, to respect others we'll learn how to care for, to respect our country."
Well yeah... wait. Can you diagram that sentence?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

I recorded the stream but when I clicked on the window on the Rifftrax site, it opened the same window on the Ustream site and I ended up having two streams going at the same time. The Danger short has dueling audio for the first twelve minutes, but since I already have that one, I at least got the Q & A despite the aforementioned spasms.

They need to find a better host for these things.
The suggestion session was interesting. They kept saying the most obscure movies they could think of, forgetting that it's supposed to be more mainstream stuff. It was awesome when that guy said Troll 2 though.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

So I have a bottle of vodka, a case of beer, enough fatty snacks to feed a small village for a decade and all six pre-synched Star Wars riffs lined up.

I'm looking forward to it, because I think there's a couple of jokes I didn't catch during the last 20 times I've waded through this blundering behemoth of ridiculousness.

Let the games commence, or to put it in the words of the finest actor to grace the entire pantheon of Science Fiction: "Yippee!"

Edit: You know, something's just occurred to me: because of Rifftrax I've now watched Phantom Menace more times than Citizen Kane and the Third Man combined. I feel some sort of cosmic loathing being beamed into my soul now; I don't think the universe is happy.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Mar 30, 2010

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As an infrastructure test they're doing a webcast of a short on Thursday at 6pm Pacific time. Access is $.25. I'm not too sure about doing this as it's just a webcast of the short and not actually live or anything like that.

Eh, it's only a quarter and I'm already buying the two newest shorts anyway.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
After watching the Room, I'm not certain that even needs a RiffTrax with how unintentionally hilarious it is. "Oh hiii doggy," blowing off cancer, and the terrible sex scenes were all you can ask for in a terrible movie. What a great great movie. Makes me want to play football.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005

marioinblack posted:

After watching the Room, I'm not certain that even needs a RiffTrax with how unintentionally hilarious it is. "Oh hiii doggy," blowing off cancer, and the terrible sex scenes were all you can ask for in a terrible movie. What a great great movie. Makes me want to play football.

I don't know, the ending has one of my favorite riffs ever.

Oh hi gun behwehl

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I found the riff to be a grower. While I initially disliked the riff because the underlying film was funny on its own, I've now come to really like the riff and the aforementioned gun bahrel line is worth wading through the whole thing for.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I watched Paranormal Activity last night. Pretty good riff, but the movie? Ouch!

It's 86 minutes long consisting of 83 minutes where nothing happens and the three minutes where something does happen, it's not much OF anything.

Congrats to the makers who made a loving mint.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Kingdom posted:

I watched Paranormal Activity last night. Pretty good riff, but the movie? Ouch!

It's 86 minutes long consisting of 83 minutes where nothing happens and the three minutes where something does happen, it's not much OF anything.

Congrats to the makers who made a loving mint.

It blows my mind that this movie has nothing happen at all and it makes a bajillion dollars, but people scream "there wasn't enough action!" at Transformers and GI Joe and Hulk.

I know they're two different things with different purposes, but maybe I'm crazy in thinking a movie should feature something happening.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The Following Instructions Game short

"If you don't understand what's being told, then ask a question, big and bold!"

WHY DID GOD MAKE LIZARDS, GRANDMA?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Hey guys guys, you know how Bobo is from Planet of the Apes (kinda) and there's this episode I just watched where pods make body doubles of the entire cast and try to take over the world (like Invasion of the Body Snatchers) so which movie are the Observer Brain Guys from? They ARE based on a movie, right? I kinda feel like I've seen them before somewhere, but cannot recall.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
I re-watched Prisoner of Azkaban last night, they were really firing on all cylinders for that one. Highly recommended.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Corridor posted:

Hey guys guys, you know how Bobo is from Planet of the Apes (kinda) and there's this episode I just watched where pods make body doubles of the entire cast and try to take over the world (like Invasion of the Body Snatchers) so which movie are the Observer Brain Guys from? They ARE based on a movie, right? I kinda feel like I've seen them before somewhere, but cannot recall.

I don't think they were based on any one, specific movie. I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that they could not have made enough jokes about Brain Guy not having a body to satisfy me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Universe Master posted:

The Following Instructions Game short

"If you don't understand what's being told, then ask a question, big and bold!"

WHY DID GOD MAKE LIZARDS, GRANDMA?

HEHEH YOU HAVE GLASSES :downs:

• Locked thread