Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Christ, where do you all work? I'm the only person who rides a bike to work more than once a month here and one of out of like four total in a six-building complex. We don't even have bike parking, either. Boring-rear end biotech biz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lancek
May 31, 2007
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Southern California, IT stuff. :haw:

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Motorcycle parking starts officially on April 1st where I work. There will probably be 20 or more bikes out there. I'll take a pic.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

got the parts I needed, going to put it back together tomorrow

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Gnaghi posted:

Christ, where do you all work? I'm the only person who rides a bike to work more than once a month here and one of out of like four total in a six-building complex. We don't even have bike parking, either. Boring-rear end biotech biz.

I've been the only bike in the bike parking for the last 3-4 months. Yesterday at work the bike lot was suddenly full. Its amazing how many bikes show up once the temp breaks 60.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

LeftyChris posted:

No idea about the States ought ten,best bet would be to email them,they seem like pretty laid back dudes(they are Dutch :350:,smoke and a pancake?)I cant wait for it to hit the England,i'm doing a 1000 miles a week and getting 58mpg out of my 900 hornet,I reckon you could get 90+ out of that smoker easy

Do you have any opinions about the company? I've never heard of them, have they made any good bikes before or anything else that would suggest it would be a great idea for me to set my heart on this one?

And a cross-thread comment: Bravo on one-armed riding.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

What are you doing? Steering damper upgrade? Lighting upgrade?

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

cmorrow001 posted:

Replacing the ignition etc. due to attempted theft, IIRC.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

cmorrow001g posted:

Stealth rocket install: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcQ5Xm1MZXw :v:

That setup fails, unfortunately.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

The only dude who road with frequency (also went on camping trips and such) next to my old VFR. He got laid off within 3 months and now I'm laid off too. I'm thinkin conspiracy against freedom and free souls.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Gnaghi posted:

The only dude who road with frequency (also went on camping trips and such) next to my old VFR. He got laid off within 3 months and now I'm laid off too. I'm thinkin conspiracy against freedom and free souls.

That sounds like a conspiracy to unleash you upon the free road ;)

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Z3n posted:

That sounds like a conspiracy to unleash you upon the free road ;)

Not to mention it's been a rain-storm/flood watch up until my last day today, and starting tomorrow is supposed to be 70s and sunny for over a week. Even lord Jesus agrees! :holy:

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Gnaghi posted:

Why don't more bikes have single-sided swingarms? Are there any complications with having the braking system and chain on the same side, or do the big 4 just want to piss us off with wheel alignments for the rest of our lives?

edit: plus it looks fuckin snazzy

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 1, 2010

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

AncientTV posted:

Why don't more bikes have single-sided swingarms? Are there any complications with having the braking system and chain on the same side, or do the big 4 just want to piss us off with wheel alignments for the rest of our lives?

Mostly because they are super heavy and the RR bikes need to be super competetive.

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

Now we're talking, this is the kind of pic i like to see!

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I've been the only bike in the bike parking for the last 3-4 months. Yesterday at work the bike lot was suddenly full. Its amazing how many bikes show up once the temp breaks 60.

Isn't it though? It's like mommy lets all the "bikers" come out to play 'cause it's nice out, it's kinda cute :sun:

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Cablekid posted:

Honda 929
Isn't that a 954RR? God drat that's a nice bike either way.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Raven457 posted:

Isn't it though? It's like mommy lets all the "bikers" come out to play 'cause it's nice out, it's kinda cute :sun:

I rode the DRZ in today to break up the group a bit. Get there this morning and its 50/50 goldwings/bmws then there is the DRZ parked backwards in the spot. Pretty sure I had more fun than them on the ride in.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Raven457 posted:

Screw that I'm not riding in the cold. I got nothin' to prove. I just want to enjoy riding. Although I think I've ridden the bike at least once a month so far this year.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Coredump posted:

Screw that I'm not riding in the cold. I got nothin' to prove. I just want to enjoy riding. Although I think I've ridden the bike at least once a month so far this year.

I was referring more to the "rich urban biker" crowd. There's no shame in not riding in the cold. Just 'cause some people do it, doesn't mean it's for everyone.

Lancek
May 31, 2007

-Inu- posted:

Isn't that a 954RR? God drat that's a nice bike either way.

Probably, I might be wrong. It sounds like a fun bike, the owner mentioned that morning was the first time in a few months he'd rode it and just blipped down the street up into redline in third and then he realized how fast he was going. :aaa:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Uh redline in 3rd on a 929 is like 120mph.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person

Phat_Albert posted:

Uh redline in 3rd on a 929 is like 120mph.

Half of the essence of riding is telling, and being told, bullshit tall stories :)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I was just bullshitting, redline in third on a 929 is like 45mph.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

Yeah I was just bullshitting, redline in third on a 929 is like 45mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baE_kl9V0Sk

120 seems reasonable, cause I definitely wan't in top gear when I backed off. :smug:

God that was the best thing about that bike, it hit 100 like cars hit 40.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person
Naw, the bullshitter in question is the CBR owner Cablekid mentioned... if that somehow wasn't obvious. "Ya so like the other day I strolled down this side street at 150mph and I was like whoa, hadn't noticed it at all. Man I'm awesome, hey my bike it's just crazy man, really. Just like me, crazy".

Reminds me of one of a dude I used to hang with. He was talking about his new to him VTR SP2 "yea, it's crazy you know, I'm banging it up through the gears on the highway and it won't stop doing wheelies, I'm doing 230km/h and it's still lifting the front in fourth."
A year later he sold that bike and I asked him why he would sell a bike like that, power wheelies in fourth and whatnot, to which he mumbled some sort retraction.

Beautiful bike the SP2 though, I'd like to own one someday. Not the strongest machine, but a fun engine and a sweet sound from the two exhausts.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Reminds me of a kid in high school claiming that their Beretta would spin the tires at 70 mph if he stomped the gas.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Slim Pickens posted:

Reminds me of a kid in high school claiming that their Beretta would spin the tires at 70 mph if he stomped the gas.

Would you expect the tires to stop? :haw:

StickOnTattoos
May 5, 2006
Lick it and stick it
I remember seeing a picture in this thread, but I can't find it and was wondering if anyone has it. Its just a MS Paint drawing of a guy on a bike, with the word Freedom over it and arrows showing that a helmet is blocking all the freedom.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was in Silver's photo dump thread, it's probably somewhere on page 2.

Hazlen
May 5, 2007

Cablekid posted:

Well, if were posting pictures of the bikes at work.

Starting from back to front:
BMW 1200GS
2010 Ninja 250r (Mine)
2009 Ninja 250r (My Brother's)
Suzuki DR-Z 400SM
Honda 929
Some kind of Harley(Don't know much about it, new guy)

There's a few other bikes that didn't show that day including one of those special all matte black Harley's, a coworkers 2006 CBR600RR, and the CEO's brand new S1000RR.

*not seen*

The BMW S1000RR parked out back.

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010

Cabledude posted:

The BMW S1000RR parked out back.

Haven't seen one in black before,looks nice,but I prefer the white,red and blue.I want one so bad :cry:

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Can't stop laughing at this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oemeurLbvTo&feature=related

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010
I've seen other riders back the rear end away from the turn but not TOWARDS IT! :aaaaa:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Rnr posted:

Naw, the bullshitter in question is the CBR owner Cablekid mentioned... if that somehow wasn't obvious. "Ya so like the other day I strolled down this side street at 150mph and I was like whoa, hadn't noticed it at all. Man I'm awesome, hey my bike it's just crazy man, really. Just like me, crazy".

Reminds me of one of a dude I used to hang with. He was talking about his new to him VTR SP2 "yea, it's crazy you know, I'm banging it up through the gears on the highway and it won't stop doing wheelies, I'm doing 230km/h and it's still lifting the front in fourth."
A year later he sold that bike and I asked him why he would sell a bike like that, power wheelies in fourth and whatnot, to which he mumbled some sort retraction.

Beautiful bike the SP2 though, I'd like to own one someday. Not the strongest machine, but a fun engine and a sweet sound from the two exhausts.

I like to joke with people about leaving a red light and slamming up through third with the throttle wide open and then shifting to fourth as I finally cross the intersection...

It's funny cause it's almost true.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I have a friend who got a nearly brand new (400 miles) 2001 R1 for $200, and he was bragging about how sick the R1 is and it gets 150 HP, and how it beats the snot out of my bike (08 cbr1000) which only gets 145 hp stock. Also that it's lighter than my bike.

He's taking it to a free dyno event to see how well it performs. I wish I can see his face the moment he reads the dyno chart, and realizes how tiny his penis is.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Jack the Smack posted:

I have a friend who got a nearly brand new (400 miles) 2001 R1 for $200, and he was bragging about how sick the R1 is and it gets 150 HP, and how it beats the snot out of my bike (08 cbr1000) which only gets 145 hp stock. Also that it's lighter than my bike.

He's taking it to a free dyno event to see how well it performs. I wish I can see his face the moment he reads the dyno chart, and realizes how tiny his penis is.

200$ for a new R1? Did someone stay out past curfew?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

200$ for a new R1? Did someone stay out past curfew?

It was abandoned at the house he bought, so he registered it at the DMV. No one claimed it for 30 days so he got it for $200.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Jack the Smack posted:

It was abandoned at the house he bought, so he registered it at the DMV. No one claimed it for 30 days so he got it for $200.

jesus christ. Well.

so he's just pretty psyched about his awesome luck and can't control his mouth.

I get why you hate him now :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

e: Meh. not really funny.