Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaintVagrant posted:

Holy poo poo i have to have those

http://www.fantization.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=180

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Frogs... with human teeth?

chelsea clinton
Sep 16, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I thought the second frog was just sort of ninja hopping with a stick conveniently nearby to keep the main part of the mini off the base but he's actually clinging to reeds. That's neat.

The Saddest Robot posted:

Yeah, they can't have frog teeth, so...

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Boarding party frog is amazing.

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

The Saddest Robot posted:

Ugh, I'm failing at the internet right now. Could someone post that god-awful picture of one of the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles faces that I see on SA from time to time? It's the perfect response to this and for the life of me I cannot find it.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Fix posted:

Frog hands and feet are awesome :3:

landis
Jun 16, 2003

Until the end.

PierreTheMime posted:

Ugh, I'm failing at the internet right now. Could someone post that god-awful picture of one of the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles faces that I see on SA from time to time? It's the perfect response to this and for the life of me I cannot find it.
Something like this?

Try adding Jim Henson to your search terms.

I liked those movies...

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Going back a few days to the white undercoat discussion, I can't remember if I mentioned how much I dislike the way colours rub off a white undercoat.

It's like there's half the tooth of a black.

Fast_Food_Knight
Nov 23, 2007

Be nice, He's a knight!
He's just a fast food knight.
Stop rubbing your minis? You painting daemonettes again son?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I actualy paint all my men on dowels or old paint pots so that I don't touch them, and on my current piece it's coming away from his knee, which I wouldn't have touch edaccidentally.

:iiam:

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!
I'm tired of painting green, but apparently I'm not tired of painting marines. :rolleyes:

WIP

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Salamanders, now Blood Ravens...If you paint some Imperial Fists you will basically be my new favorite poster. :sweatdrop:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

So after a couple months or so without doing a damned warham-related thing, I finally finished my Dwarf Lord:

Considering how long I've gone without really painting anything, I'm actually pretty pleased with him. Well, outside of a little more work on the base and maybe a wash on the armor for depth, and some other details, I'm proud of him.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

PierreTheMime posted:

mike.jpg

!amicable
Jan 20, 2007
Jarted once too many times.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

!amicable posted:

Jarted once too many times.

These are rad as hell

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Cthulu Carl posted:

So after a couple months or so without doing a damned warham-related thing, I finally finished my Dwarf Lord:

Considering how long I've gone without really painting anything, I'm actually pretty pleased with him. Well, outside of a little more work on the base and maybe a wash on the armor for depth, and some other details, I'm proud of him.

GW Badab black wash the armour, Devlan Mud wash the gold. It will blow your mind.

Morning
Aug 10, 2008
Got a color question- I'm gonna paint up a soulgrinder, with word bearer colors, what color should I do the flesh to make it look good? Wordbearer is dark red with silver trim

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Catachan/Knarloc Green

Zarkov Cortez
Aug 18, 2007

Alas, our kitten class attack ships were no match for their mighty chairs
Tentacle Pink

Morning
Aug 10, 2008
Green? Really?

I dont see it meshing well, but I have problems with green so :v0v:

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It's almost a grey green. Blue-grey (tau skin) might work too.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Pic-whoring ITT. I suck at taking pics but I really like how these came out so here a lot of pics of them.

Full group:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I really like the blue on those Fyrbrand.

This is one of the least stable models I've ever painted. See that bent claw ? It was straight when I started.
Still, for essentially a test model I think he's turned out okay.

I would like some feedback on a couple of things I'm not sure about... The first is his chest emblem, is it too flat ? Second, should I do the base rim darker, scorched brown or something ?

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

R.S. Gumby posted:

Where did you get that metal grating that is on the end of his snout?

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Still, for essentially a test model I think he's turned out okay.

The chest piece would probably look better in Gold. It'd go well with his backpack pieces and tie the overall color theme together a bit more.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I had been told, but did not really know until today: holy poo poo, P3 reds own, Skorne Red especially.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
RJS, I agree re: the chest icon. I think the base rim is fine, but you might trying doing another lighter drybrush on the base itself.

Aetilus
May 8, 2005

by Lowtax
going to start painting my skaven army soon.

what color base rims/sand would look best against browns and yellows?

I was thinking about a very dark gray with maybe dheneb stone drybrushing.

certainly not going to repeat my brets' graveyard earth rims. 2 coats for coverage is such a waste of time on a base rim and slide tray!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Fix posted:

I want this one. Right. loving. NOW.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Ashcans posted:

Frankly I don't like posting the rest of it here because I think of this as the good painting thread, but what the heck. Here is the painted army so far:

*proceeds to post perfectly nice pictures of painted lizards*

Stop that. They look nice.

Nice Kroxigor, too. :D

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

stabbington posted:

I had been told, but did not really know until today: holy poo poo, P3 reds own, Skorne Red especially.

Skorne Red 4ever, brotha.

Got some Hive Guards mostly done except for some finishing touches on the left one, from the oath thread. My only complaint is that I don't use Skorne Red on my tyranid scheme.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.

SkunkDuster posted:

Where did you get that metal grating that is on the end of his snout?

It's just some plastic packing band that came wrapped around a box of printer paper or something. Had a nice texture to it, and saved me the trouble of finding textured plasticard. It's cut into little pieces with the joints hidden by some thinner strips.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Jeepers creepers.

But other than that, awesome job

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fyrbrand posted:

Pic-whoring ITT. I suck at taking pics but I really like how these came out so here a lot of pics of them.

Full group:

The Guns: Black primer, boltgun base, badab wash, brown wash on little spots, blue touches here and there to taste?

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.
thread needs more frogs

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

Aetilus posted:

certainly not going to repeat my brets' graveyard earth rims. 2 coats for coverage is such a waste of time on a base rim and slide tray!

Khemri brown is practically the same color and covers in one, if you like the look.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Indolent Bastard posted:

The Guns: Black primer, boltgun base, badab wash, brown wash on little spots, blue touches here and there to taste?

Sort of. It's actually PV's rusty metal recipe:

quote:

boltgun metal
badab wash
water down foundation orange paint, mix w/medium if you have any, apply it to hte recesses
drybrush boltgun
devlan mud everything
drybrush mithril
thin edge highlights w/mithril

Plus enchanted blue, then a stripe of 50/50 enchanted blue/ice blue.

The orange rust isn't coming out at all in the pics, nor is the blue highlighting, but it's there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morning
Aug 10, 2008
Would this be a good way to paint the color of tau flesh-
Shadow grey
Asurmen blue wash
Badab Black wash
Shadow grey
highlight with lighter greys.

Or would I want to do a shadow grey/ultramarine blue for the base?

My soulgrinder sits here taunting me.

• Locked thread