Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Rodney Leonard Smuckles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

um... april fool's?

I knew that something was wrong as I typed it out.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
:siren: New one's up:siren:. I don't like the looks of this. Phillipe can't go. He cannot go.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:ohdear:

What a terrible decision to have to make at 5:33am.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
He threw on a cardigan and some track pants and tried to say a goodbye that meant come back again.

:(

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

There goes a special boy. :cry:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
At least these updates have been coming fast and furious, so as to get all of the heartbreak out at once. :(

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Might as well post his theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQkLOn4ooY

Well, at least it's not as bad as the fan videos for "I am not you Gameboy."

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008
I have a feeling teodor is going to spend all day sitting on his bed, playing old Smiths songs.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

That alt text is The Saddest Thing.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Cookbook II is a myth.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

Happy Hippo posted:

That alt text is The Saddest Thing.

Because we've all tried it.

and it never works

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
If I had to give an example of show-not-tell, I'd use Achewood. :(

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Might as well post his theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHQkLOn4ooY

Well, at least it's not as bad as the fan videos for "I am not you Gameboy."

I cannot say enough bad things about this video. The song is cute and fun. The video is decidedly not.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Now we have nobody to stand on the drum manual.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
i Do Not Like This. :( I know Onstad probably isn't going to change the status quo in the end but drat...just drat.

Expiration Date
Jun 6, 2008

OBAMA ACKBAR posted:

i Do Not Like This. I know Onstad probably isn't going to change the status quo in the end but drat...just drat.

why would a character just get written out?

You know something crazy is going to happen and it'll all be back to normal sooner or later. Maybe something involving a van.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
I know but it's still sad to watch this part of because I don't think there's any kind of humor that can balance out watching a character like that leave with no clear path back.

Onstad is giving me hell of depression.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fillerbunny posted:

I cannot say enough bad things about this video. The song is cute and fun. The video is decidedly not.

I know. It was that video or a bad live version.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
For AFD, Dinosaur Comics put a mask of Reginald and Beartato over all the comics. However, this is better :D

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

I know. It was that video or a bad live version.

You made the right choice. I did a check on the uploader's other videos and she appears to be a high school student, so I'm not terribly surprised the video is terrible.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

Expiration Date posted:

why would a character just get written out?
Have you forgotten Scrambles? It seems Onstad has.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

McGravin posted:

Onstad doesn't like dogs. Therefore I don't like him.

EDIT: Cats are assholes. I presume someone who owns a cat gets as much enjoyment out of them as someone does watching the cat sit in a window.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 3, 2010

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

McGravin posted:

Scrambles left Todd to go find a nice lady who gave him a pint of IPA and a job at a merchant bank, this is what I tell myself at night.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Onstad doesn't like dogs. Therefore I don't like him.

EDIT: Cats are assholes. I presume someone who owns a cat gets as much enjoyment out of them as someone does watching the cat sit in a window.

Cats sitting in windows don't curl up beside you and purr, son.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

I have a dachshund, so I basically have a dog *and* a cat. Also, I do like my dog, except for the parts of its behavior which remind me of the parts of my own behavior that I do not like.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Chris Onstad posted:

I have a dachshund, so I basically have a dog *and* a cat. Also, I do like my dog, except for the parts of its behavior which remind me of the parts of my own behavior that I do not like.

Pooping on the couch, jumping on the bed and sniffing a dude's butt mid-coitus, leaping up the stairs too quick and catching your dong on one?

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Dove from Above posted:

Cats sitting in windows don't curl up beside you and purr, son.

Its just hungry. Cats are assholes.

Chris Onstad posted:

I have a weak spot for dogs. Seeing Scrambles get pissed on by Todd saddens me. Hes lonely and confused, and this squirrel is being rude.

And then he disappears for 8 years. He probably got stuck under the porch and is a skeleton now.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

I have a weak spot for dogs. Seeing Scrambles get pissed on by Todd saddens me. Hes lonely and confused, and this squirrel is being rude.

And then he disappears for 8 years. He probably got stuck under the porch and is a skeleton now.

I prefer to think some teenagers peeled out on him five minutes later.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Sigma-X posted:

Pooping on the couch, jumping on the bed and sniffing a dude's butt mid-coitus, leaping up the stairs too quick and catching your dong on one?

Man, you need a different dog.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Oh, Phillipe! :gonk:

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Actually, she does that after she's eaten and feels full and happy. You can't write off all cats like that with any justice. I have definitely known cats who were assholes but also cats who were friendly and fun, and good to watch 'Braveheart' with.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Cats can be assholes in the same ways and for the same reasons people can be assholes: one part natural inclination, four parts bad upbringing.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Book 2 clearly tells you what happened to scrambles. It's all in there, geez.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

For AFD, Dinosaur Comics put a mask of Reginald and Beartato over all the comics. However, this is better :D
That is pretty sweet. I take it this has been brought up in the webcomics thread? There are a bunch more like xkcd, Penny Arcade, "One Where T-Rex Wears More" and "One Where T-Rex Swears More."

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Satch posted:

I was waiting for my birthday to ask for the achewood books :sigh:

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wasn't Volume 3 supposed to be out last month?

It's showing up as August 10 now.

Maybe it will include a free copy of Cookbook II...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Satch posted:

I got fake pretend upset when I read the "author's notes" for that strip. :smith:

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
:siren: I've always wanted to do this! :siren:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, why does Steve know so much about Phillipe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

:siren: I've always wanted to do this! :siren:

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, why does Steve know so much about Phillipe?

I figure it's like the toy drum of Ray and Cornelius's child-hood.