Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It's pretty cool, some of you jerks hate everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

A5H posted:

I hate your lack of quoting, we don't know what you're talking about.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I like that Nissan, but the kit definitely isn't paint-matched.

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

anime comes to life and kisses me on the lips

A5H posted:

Yeah, that Nissan what falls apart and looks like it was painted with a can is "pretty cool".

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

In war, you kill people in order to change their minds. Remember that; it's fuckin' important.
Yes, "painted with a can."

a powerful frown
Jan 31, 2005

meatpimp posted:

Did you look at the pictures? An ill-fitting, mismatched-paint body kit is not horrible?

Plus the bolt-together "roll" cage, Bride seats, gauges, gauges, gauges, hella-flushness, etc... I don't see how that doesn't land in :rice: land.

naw dude its hella flush

a powerful frown
Jan 31, 2005

FedEx posted:

naw dude its hella flush

and just to clarify, that veilside rx7 was loving sweet along with quite a few other cars. :siren:DANGER TO MANIFOLD:siren:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If it's a skid car who cares if the panels don't match perfect?
I can understand some of you not liking drifting and the general scene around it, but if that's what other people like then who cares?

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

A5H posted:

If it's a skid car who cares if the panels don't match perfect?
I can understand some of you not liking drifting and the general scene around it, but if that's what other people like then who cares?

I do. There's a fine line between "drifting and the scene around it" and ricing / 2ning / cardomain poo poo, which we have rules about and generally try to keep out of the forums. So if people post stuff that starts to approach that, they're gonna take some heat. But he can post his pics if he wants.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009
Washed and waxed. I need to go over it with clay to finish getting the winter off it.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

coldfire07 posted:

As :rice: as my car is, I think some of you might appreciate it.

Don't really appreciate a scene whore seat, awful handling-reducing tire stretch, and the most awful air filters known to man (ITG makes the only good foam ones), but congrats on it not being an auto with fender and rear quarter damage?

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

A5H posted:

welcome to ai

Autism Monday
Mar 18, 2005

anime comes to life and kisses me on the lips

Frosty- posted:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&ei=UZ63S6GSI5KwswPqyJDpDA&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&ved=0CAUQBSgA&q=rattle+can

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

coldfire07 posted:

I won't even comment on the exterior but that interior is straight hideous. I can't believe you spent money on progressively making it look even worse. How do you do something so simple as replace the AM/FM tape deck for a CD player and manage not to match your black dashboard?

*Ahh let's see.. yeah those are all nice but I think I should pick something that nothing else in my car will match.. I've got a black dash some black dials.. some white dials.. a grey dial with a red ring.. do you have something in GREEN?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is it supposed to run 11.3:1 at idle? Maybe it's still warming up?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Mr.Peabody posted:

I won't even comment on the exterior but that interior is straight hideous. I can't believe you spent money on progressively making it look even worse. How do you do something so simple as replace the AM/FM tape deck for a CD player and manage not to match your black dashboard?

*Ahh let's see.. yeah those are all nice but I think I should pick something that nothing else in my car will match.. I've got a black dash some black dials.. some white dials.. a grey dial with a red ring.. do you have something in GREEN?

Automotive Insanity: White Gauges After Labor Day

For what it's worth, I think that it's a KA-T and not just an SR20 swap is pretty neat. Although, I'd be a little afraid of driving that thing around without a helmet on-- as close as that roll bar is.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

CharlesM posted:

Is it supposed to run 11.3:1 at idle? Maybe it's still warming up?

It's too hard to tell because they are all covering up his speedometer.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

2001 Volvo S60 2.0T, unmodified.

I neglected to post a front picture when I got the car. I wasn't keen on the red initially, but this was the best value for money so I got it. Since then it has really grown on me and the finish seems to be in very good condition, given its age. I love this car, it's comfortable, sensible, and has enough power to overtake when needed.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

coldfire07 posted:

As :rice: as my car is, I think some of you might appreciate it.

You know you bought a made in taiwan replica low maxx right? if not :bravo:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Washed it and went to take some pics, and it started pouring while I was shooting. Did manage one good shot though

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

MetaJew posted:

Automotive Insanity: White Gauges After Labor Day

For what it's worth, I think that it's a KA-T and not just an SR20 swap is pretty neat. Although, I'd be a little afraid of driving that thing around without a helmet on-- as close as that roll bar is.

Really? The KA is a poo poo truck motor, there's a reason why most people go with SR20's or RB motors.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

MikeyTsi posted:

Really? The KA is a poo poo truck motor, there's a reason why most people go with SR20's or RB motors.

In my neck of the woods they go with SR20s and RBs because they want to be JDM tyte drifters. The guys at KA-T.org seem to be fairly successful with the KA, though. Certainly it's not the best motor, but if you want to do something a little different or if you don't want to deal with an unknown, imported motor I think the KA-T route is a valid avenue to pursue. Personally, if I had the time and the money I think an LS1 or VQ45 swap would be a boatload of fun.

Edit: KAs are poo poo truck motors and LS1s are dated, push rod, oxcart motors, rite?

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 6, 2010

D. melanogaster
Jun 27, 2003

is one of the most studied organisms in biological research, particularly in genetics and developmental biology.

MetaJew posted:

In my neck of the woods they go with SR20s and RBs because they want to be JDM tyte drifters. The guys at KA-T.org seem to be fairly successful with the KA, though. Certainly it's not the best motor, but if you want to do something a little different or if you don't want to deal with an unknown, imported motor I think the KA-T route is a valid avenue to pursue. Personally, if I had the time and the money I think an LS1 or VQ45 swap would be a boatload of fun.

I think that can changed to every neck of every woods, for what it's worth.

entrox
Jul 9, 2005

Let us make a journey to the cave of monsters!

2010 Mercedes-Benz C350 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY.

Excuse the bad pic, but this baby just got out of the factory today and I'm still excited (56km on the odometer so far). I've swapped my 2009 C220 CDI for this one and the difference is amazing! The engine is so quiet compared to the 4cyl C220 and the 7-speed transmission is smooth as butter.

The best part is the mileage: 7,7l/100km so far.. I couldn't believe my eyes. What a great car...

talk show ghost
Mar 2, 2006

by Ozma

entrox posted:

Excuse the bad pic, but this baby just got out of the factory today and I'm still excited (56km on the odometer so far). I've swapped my 2009 C220 CDI for this one and the difference is amazing! The engine is so quiet compared to the 4cyl C220 and the 7-speed transmission is smooth as butter.

The best part is the mileage: 7,7l/100km so far.. I couldn't believe my eyes. What a great car...

That's what, like 30MPG imperial? Is that really much better than the C220?

notbrant
Jul 1, 2003
03 Acura TL-S

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

entrox posted:

I've never really followed Mercedes, but that C class styling looks very nice to me.

entrox
Jul 9, 2005

Let us make a journey to the cave of monsters!

talk show ghost posted:

That's what, like 30MPG imperial? Is that really much better than the C220?

No, it's pretty much the same, but I thought it would be much worse: the C350 has 2 cylinders and 61HP more. I'm surprised to see such good mileage for a car that powerful driving through the city with a lot of stop and go at traffic lights. It should be even better on the highway. Considering that I paid 1,26€/l Diesel today, I'm really happy about that...

raseri
Jul 18, 2005
www.200sx.nu
My new dailydriver :)

BMW 323iM '97

KlementGottwald
Dec 24, 2009

by angerbot

Frosty- posted:

I paint my cars with cans all the time.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

raseri posted:

My new dailydriver :)

BMW 323iM '97

That's gorgeous. I'd like to request more shots of it.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

CharlesM posted:

I've never really followed Mercedes, but that C class styling looks very nice to me.

The C and E classes of this latest generation all look loving awesome. I think they're one of the models whose looks will fare well with age, too.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Just picked this up to replace my '95 324tds... '04 320d SE Touring. Just over 100k with a good service history, paid £6000. 6 speed manual, Cruise Control, Climate control, factory Bluetooth, cd changer and tape deck :cool:

Its the later model with the stronger turbo, but still has the manifold that likes to throw it's swirl flaps into the engine. Only plans are to replace the tape and cd changer with an OEM cd deck & USA-Spec iphone kit, fit the stronger manifold Perhaps a chip and some wheels.

Done about 30 miles, 44mpg average. Well chuffed, feels a bit less gruff and muscley than the 2.5 tds, but I think its more down to being quieter & smoother. On paper it's quicker anyway.

mhsneon
Jul 2, 2005

I work for Intel but AMD makes me hot

2010 FJ Cruiser I ordered several months ago and picked up last month. I wanted the 6spd manual, which required the wait. Only modifications done to it are BFG All Terrain tires and rock sliders. I haven't had a truck in over 5 years, so a bit getting used over my Legacy 2.5GT, but my girlfriend still lets me drive the Subaru sometimes.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Black wax helps a lot.

owlbeen
Apr 21, 2007
fight tiny crime

'68 Karmann Ghia. Daily driver for ten years. More issues than the LA Times. I still love it, even if it is an aggravating money-pit.

Sadly, necessity is making me give it up. It will be replaced by a MINI in about three weeks. Yeah, yeah, I know -- from one girly car to another. At least the MINI won't set on fire at regular intervals. I hope.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Black on white looks sooo good.
For content here is my new tint job.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

mhsneon posted:

2010 FJ Cruiser I ordered several months ago and picked up last month. I wanted the 6spd manual, which required the wait. Only modifications done to it are BFG All Terrain tires and rock sliders. I haven't had a truck in over 5 years, so a bit getting used over my Legacy 2.5GT, but my girlfriend still lets me drive the Subaru sometimes.

I've never seen one in that color, looks pretty good.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
I've always liked the '98+ Crown Vics, and my beater '84 shat a head gasket a few weeks ago, so I picked this up yesterday:

2003 Police Interceptor. The guy that sold it to me said he got it from the DEA; I have no way of verifying, but it has been lightly used as a detective-type car -- no cage/light mounting holes, but it does have spots where things were taped to the dash, gun-butt wear pattern on the driver's seat, and the fuel filler door button's been disabled (have to open the trunk and pull a handle in there).

I've already done the bumper tuck mod and replaced the stock AM/FM head unit with something more useful. Next up: some kind of center console/armrest and then start with the intake/exhaust stuff. I suppose I should pretty up the wheels at some point -- it had the full covers, but I had the guy swap 'em for the center caps because the full covers were a bit too much chrome for my tastes. Definitely need to paint the wheels gloss black, I think.

It needs something to make it less "ohshit it's the cops". Yes, I bought it because I wanted a black cop car, but it's gonna suck being behind people in no-passing zones. Maybe I'll get some fuzzy dice. Or fuzzy handcuffs? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mhsneon
Jul 2, 2005

I work for Intel but AMD makes me hot

D C posted:

I've never seen one in that color, looks pretty good.

It is a new color for 2010 "Army Green"