Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fredrick
Jan 20, 2008

BRU HU HA HA HA

draconic posted:

Tried looking around the web for this unsuccessfully - does anyone know what song this is?

http://www.drac.org/high-pacman.swf

Someone thought it might be a highly distorted version of Trucker's Delight by Flairs, but I'm not sure:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPQUh6OSyfs

Anyone have any ideas? This song is all in my head and won't go away. >:(

That, my friend, is a highly mutilated version of the intermission song from Pac Man. As far as I know, that's all of the song there is--there's no longer version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

Dell_Zincht posted:

State of Mind - Sun King.

You are the man. I can't thank you enough

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There's this song, and I wonder if it is available without the "kids running around, loving in the bushes" soundbyte? Because it just is annoying to me but I love the actual music itself

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Zzulu posted:

There's this song, and I wonder if it is available without the "kids running around, loving in the bushes" soundbyte? Because it just is annoying to me but I love the actual music itself

Highly doubtful. The track wasn't released as a single and the only other place it appears apart from the album 'Standing on The Shoulder of Giants' is on the 'Snatch' soundtrack itself. There's a live version which MAY not include the sample on the album 'Familiar to Millions' but not being a huge Oasis fan myself I wouldn't know.

Dell_Zincht fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 30, 2010

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
Anybody know the name of the song or artist playing on this Cricket Highlight Video on youtube?

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

kliksf posted:

Anybody know the name of the song or artist playing on this Cricket Highlight Video on youtube?

I opened up the comments section and hit ctrl+f for "song" and I found this:

#
akajain I love the song in backgroud. Seems the Band Junoon singing it?

and

#
FasihUrRehman1 The song is not by junoon.Its solo by Salman.Who was the member of Junoon. 2 weeks ago

but someone else says

#
nainasb1 this song is Ghoom Tana by pakistani band Junoon

:confused:

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003

Final Fart Buttball posted:

I opened up the comments section and hit ctrl+f for "song" and I found this:

#
akajain I love the song in backgroud. Seems the Band Junoon singing it?

and

#
FasihUrRehman1 The song is not by junoon.Its solo by Salman.Who was the member of Junoon. 2 weeks ago

but someone else says

#
nainasb1 this song is Ghoom Tana by pakistani band Junoon

:confused:

Yeah I saw that too and I went looking for it and it is salman ahmed and the song appears to be called Ghoom or Ghoom Taana but on his official website there's no link to the song but the text is there, other songs work but not Ghoom. But listening to the other stuff on there it sounds like his style of music.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Could anyone help me find a song. It's off of a mash up album. But it's the melody to DJ Shadow's - Organ Donor with Jay-z - 99 problems overlay onto it. This has been bugging me for awhile now.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Need some help. Very very recently (like last week) I saw a music video online somewhere, it was a female rapper doing this fast-paced electro-rap song (think thunderheist, kid sister) with a beat that seemed to have a whole bunch of melodies in it, like every 30 seconds or so the beat changed into something new. At least that's how I remember it. I also remember she was like a brand new artist just breaking out. That's literally everything I can recall, I've been looking for this song for like 2 days straight.

e: Nevermind, found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBf0r7Vae2E.

bog savant fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 1, 2010

mister ginger
Jul 5, 2005

mister ginger posted:

Does anyone know the song that comes in at 22 seconds?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmZmRFN_Dw
I looked everywhere for it, but I cannot for the life of me find it

Still nobody has a clue what this is?

19 Charactersorless
Sep 2, 2007
"Free association is a communist fantasy."
There was a pretty big pop song about two years ago. It was mostly auto-tuned but it was a really good song. The harmonies on the auto-tune were rich for a pop song. Sort of sounded like Akon or something but it was relaxed, well structured, almost had a barber-shop sensibility to it. The lyrics, I seem to recall, told a pretty standard but decent story of love lost or some such. The hook was very lyrically-based. Sorry I don't have any more to go on than that but this is seriously eating me alive. Please help.

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

mister ginger posted:

Still nobody has a clue what this is?

It's Mannie Fresh, I'm not sure what song this is tho. The 'pimpin is alive and it's doing so well / Homie pimpin' puttin big long dick in your gal' line is from Chubby Boy but the rest of the song is different and I can't find any of the lyrics on google so I'm gonna guess it's some kind of live or alternate mixtape version of that song.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Well this is really fuckin vague but I was in a record store yesterday and they were playing some song where a guy yelled "hundreds of dogs! hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dogs!" at least once. Any idea what song that was?

I wrote this back in December and this will be the last time I quote this, I promise, but I still don't know and I can hear it in my head

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

19 Charactersorless posted:

There was a pretty big pop song about two years ago. It was mostly auto-tuned but it was a really good song. The harmonies on the auto-tune were rich for a pop song. Sort of sounded like Akon or something but it was relaxed, well structured, almost had a barber-shop sensibility to it. The lyrics, I seem to recall, told a pretty standard but decent story of love lost or some such. The hook was very lyrically-based. Sorry I don't have any more to go on than that but this is seriously eating me alive. Please help.

It wasn't The Script - Man Who Can't Be Moved?

19 Charactersorless
Sep 2, 2007

HoldYourFire posted:

It wasn't The Script - Man Who Can't Be Moved?

Sorry, no. When I say auto-tune I mean really auto-tuned as in Vocoder not Pitch Correction. The tone and production quality was a lot like Akon but the vocal effects really made the song-- rich auto-tune harmonies. It probably had an outstanding producer. It was popular two summers ago and a little while before that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

19 Charactersorless posted:

Sorry, no. When I say auto-tune I mean really auto-tuned as in Vocoder not Pitch Correction. The tone and production quality was a lot like Akon but the vocal effects really made the song-- rich auto-tune harmonies. It probably had an outstanding producer. It was popular two summers ago and a little while before that.
Could be "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

This song from Skins Season 1 episode 5, "Sid." Apparently the original version used a song by Tricky in this scene, which is credited on IMBD, but it was later changed and I can't find out who it's by. Hope one of you knows it because nobody in the Youtube comments does!

Harriet Carker fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 2, 2010

MSchmitty
Sep 24, 2004
This is some serious gourmet shit!
Well I know the song but need help identifying the lyrics to this Eazy E song, can't find em anywhere and it's bugging me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y749Hixl2aw
First chorus at 1:36

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Ok, I can remember one small part of a chorus of a song, and I'm not even sure I'm totally accurate on it. This is it:

Ready now, Freddy,
ROCK STEADY!

It was kind of poppy, I think? I don't know. Anyone have any clues?

19 Charactersorless
Sep 2, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

Could be "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston

Thank you so much. I can't believe I couldn't think of a single lyric. Excellent work.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
There are no The Game fans who know the song where he says pass that blunt that's what's up?

No Real Pattern
Mar 17, 2006

Mankind ill needs a savior such as you!
I know this is gonna be a hard one-
I'm looking for a hip-hop song by an unknown artist, they sample that spooky old halloween song "Ghost of John" for the chorus. You know- the one that goes

"Have you seen the ghost of john?/
Long white bones and the rest all gone/
OOoooOOOoooOOOoooo/
Wouldn't it be chilly with no skin on?"

I kinda vaguely remember that it was some semi-underground artist. It came into my head the other day and I couldn't find it for the life of me, I'm not even sure if I like the song =/

Please help!

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007
This is a song that I keep hearing at Home Depot it starts with a whistling part that reminds me of Home by Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros. The words are always too quiet for me to pick out enough for a lyric search. the whistling is pretty much the only thing i can hear clearly. Its not young folks or any of the other common whistling songs that come up on a Google search.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

jeremiah johnson posted:

This is a song that I keep hearing at Home Depot it starts with a whistling part that reminds me of Home by Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros. The words are always too quiet for me to pick out enough for a lyric search. the whistling is pretty much the only thing i can hear clearly. Its not young folks or any of the other common whistling songs that come up on a Google search.

It's not Noah and The Whale - Five Years Time by any chance is it?

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007

Dell_Zincht posted:

It's not Noah and The Whale - Five Years Time by any chance is it?

No. Also i forgot to mention that the vocalist is female.

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003

kliksf posted:

Yeah I saw that too and I went looking for it and it is salman ahmed and the song appears to be called Ghoom or Ghoom Taana but on his official website there's no link to the song but the text is there, other songs work but not Ghoom. But listening to the other stuff on there it sounds like his style of music.

Follow-up, it's a remix of Ghoom Taana. The original sounds pretty different but apparently Salman Ahmed released it on a Junoon "greatest hits" album but strictly speaking it's not the same as Ghoom Taana. However after listening to a lot of Junoon stuff on youtube I'm glad I found him, I bought a couple mp3s from amazon.

The Astro Zombie
Nov 14, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Ok I know this is incredibly vague but its really all I've got until I hear the song again.

I think one of the lyrics is "Come on little baby, take me by the hand."

The singer voice goes way way up at the word "Take" I'm pretty sure its from the late 60's maybe early 70's. Its a relatively popular classic rock song, and I've even heard it in an insurance commercial lately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me up the wall

Lando2
Jan 16, 2010

Turns out just hunks
Hey, just wondering if anyone could help me out with this song I heard on the radio a few minutes ago. It's a black woman singing to a techno beat (Not sure if they just used her vocals from a different song or what). Anyway, it went a little something like this:

Here comes chris and here comes blair, here comes (name) and here comes (name)
and it repeats with different names

There is another part where she says "And the sky turned purple and..."

Sorry if it's a bit vague but I just caught the starting. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

jt6879 posted:

Ok I know this is incredibly vague but its really all I've got until I hear the song again.

I think one of the lyrics is "Come on little baby, take me by the hand."

The singer voice goes way way up at the word "Take" I'm pretty sure its from the late 60's maybe early 70's. Its a relatively popular classic rock song, and I've even heard it in an insurance commercial lately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me up the wall

Argh. Now it's driving ME up the wall. I thought I'd had it - "Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers has a line that goes "I'd like to hear some funky Dixieland / Pretty mama, come and take me by the hand" - but I don't think he goes up on the word "take". My sound isn't working right now or I'd check.

It's all I've got though. drat you.

The Astro Zombie
Nov 14, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah its not Black Water, the singer has a high voice to begin with. Then goes super high on that note.

Tingles
Jul 26, 2006

jt6879 posted:

Yeah its not Black Water, the singer has a high voice to begin with. Then goes super high on that note.
I was going to post the same thing, but got to thinking that with those lyrics, it reminded me of UB40's song which was originally done by Al Green- Here I am

The Astro Zombie
Nov 14, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah its got some guitar in it though. And its not really Al Green its more classic rock sounding. I know I've heard it in some movies too. Matter of fact that may not even be the lyric but it sounds like it.

Uncle Salty
Jan 19, 2008
BOYS
anyone know what this song in this Axe Twist commercial is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt3yFRnChy0
Commercial is UGH but SFW.

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Alright guys, lets shoot the stars...ohhh you just killed every star!
I was watching one of Louis Theroux's documentaries on meth addiction and I was wondering if anyone knew the song at 3:12?

Edged Hymn
Feb 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
http://www.rapbasement.com/lil-wayne/040510-jae-millz-says-lil-waynes-tha-carter-iv-will-be-released-soon-as-he-gets-out-of-jail-watch.html

could someone do me a big favor and skip to 2:20 on that video and tell me what song that is? I can't make out any of the lyrics but it's dope.

Lando2
Jan 16, 2010

Turns out just hunks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxkzV7j99h4&playnext_from=TL&videos=hOix13F6gG8&feature=grec

There are lyrics toward the end, I'm not 100% sure what language that is either. Any help would be awesome. Just sounds like a cool song.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

Strawberry Panda posted:

There are no The Game fans who know the song where he says pass that blunt that's what's up?

you might be thinking of: Sly Boogie - Thatz My Name

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Edged Hymn posted:

http://www.rapbasement.com/lil-wayne/040510-jae-millz-says-lil-waynes-tha-carter-iv-will-be-released-soon-as-he-gets-out-of-jail-watch.html

could someone do me a big favor and skip to 2:20 on that video and tell me what song that is? I can't make out any of the lyrics but it's dope.

Gudda Gudda- I Don't Like The Look

StrungOutFlip fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 6, 2010

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Lando360 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxkzV7j99h4&playnext_from=TL&videos=hOix13F6gG8&feature=grec

There are lyrics toward the end, I'm not 100% sure what language that is either. Any help would be awesome. Just sounds like a cool song.

Curumin - Guerreiro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What's the name of that 70s funk song that has a chorus that goes

"Get down.. Get down.."

followed by a saxophone riff.

It's NOT KC and the Sunshine Band - "Get Down Tonight"

It's NOT Kool and the Gang - "Get Down on it"

Found it