Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Err... Boogerman - A Pick and Flick Adventure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

These Loving Eyes
Jun 6, 2009

Shadowborn posted:

I remember playing a demo of an X-Com-like SWAT-themed game back in the mid-late 90's. You were given a mission briefing by your commander, a British lady who kinda reminded me of Judi Dench, in an FMV sequence. The mission in the demo was to storm a house and rescue a family who had been taken hostage. After the briefing you could buy weapons and equipment for your team. Then the game switched to an isometric perspective for the actual mission.

I can't remember if the actual gameplay had any distinguishing features really, but one thing I do remember is that your boss would react to how you prepared for the mission. If you spent too much money, she would first call you up and scoff at you. If you kept spending, she would eventually suspend you. The same thing would happen if you took too long before actually starting the mission. I think she reacted if you tried to go into battle without sufficient equipment too.

Sound familiar to anyone?

If it wasn't an early SWAT series game, it could be Shadow Watch.

Hakkeshu
Aug 10, 2005

Blinging in the Wastes!

SM64Guy posted:

Age of Decadence

Thanks much fellow goon, too bad it isn't complete yet :(

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hakkesshu posted:

Err... Boogerman - A Pick and Flick Adventure?

That's the one. Thanks.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I'm trying to find a silly web browser game I used to play back in the early 2000's.

From what I remember, it was one of the big ones at the time.

It was some sci-fi future based thing. You started off with a little town and a few military units. You had to build houses, and then factories for jobs and income.
You could research new techologies, and build military units. You started off building little lovely soldiers and jeeps, and worked your way up to the point where you could build Mechs.

Battle was a turn-based hex thing.
You could capture new bits of ground on the map and build more cities, and kill other people's stuff.

It works kinda like that WW2 online browser game at the moment, except it was alot more indepth and futuristic.

I think it had a brownish/orangeish colour scheme going on.
For some reason, the name neo something is in my head?

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Shadowborn posted:

I remember playing a demo of an X-Com-like SWAT-themed game back in the mid-late 90's. You were given a mission briefing by your commander, a British lady who kinda reminded me of Judi Dench, in an FMV sequence. The mission in the demo was to storm a house and rescue a family who had been taken hostage. After the briefing you could buy weapons and equipment for your team. Then the game switched to an isometric perspective for the actual mission.

I can't remember if the actual gameplay had any distinguishing features really, but one thing I do remember is that your boss would react to how you prepared for the mission. If you spent too much money, she would first call you up and scoff at you. If you kept spending, she would eventually suspend you. The same thing would happen if you took too long before actually starting the mission. I think she reacted if you tried to go into battle without sufficient equipment too.

Sound familiar to anyone?

It was set in modern times and turn based?

Serious Michael
Oct 13, 2007

Is only joking.
A freeware game from a few years back, maybe 2005 or so. You landed on a planet and had to just survive, I believe. You had a little home and could find different objects to build weapons, flashlights, etc. You could pick between a human, a robot, and an alien and all three had different skills, like the robot didn't require oxygen which was scarce iirc. Top down perspective, very hard.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Serious Michael posted:

A freeware game from a few years back, maybe 2005 or so. You landed on a planet and had to just survive, I believe. You had a little home and could find different objects to build weapons, flashlights, etc. You could pick between a human, a robot, and an alien and all three had different skills, like the robot didn't require oxygen which was scarce iirc. Top down perspective, very hard.

Notrium

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I kind of remember a game from when I was 5 or 6 years old and my family had gotten our first computer. DOS game, similar to Zelda 2. There were dungeons and towns with banks to put your money in and buy weapons from. It didn't seem very story based from what I remember, but I was very young.

Anybody have a clue what this is?

Foxkit
Feb 26, 2009

S is for sneaking missions. Can you see Snake sneaking?

Doody the Clown posted:

I kind of remember a game from when I was 5 or 6 years old and my family had gotten our first computer. DOS game, similar to Zelda 2. There were dungeons and towns with banks to put your money in and buy weapons from. It didn't seem very story based from what I remember, but I was very young.

It sounds a little like Lone Ranger, but I think that was for the NES.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
So, there an old game I occasionally try to remember without success but for once I happened to come to think of it while reading this thread so maybe the matter can finally be laid to rest.

This was a PC game from the mid 90s or thereabouts. Adventure game. Pre-rendered CG graphics as I recall it, probably early cdrom era 320x200 (I could be wrong).

The game gave a choice of two protagonist, one of which being a warrior chick and the other a lizardman or orc or somesuch beastly type.

Comedic fantasy setting, the one puzzle I recall involved winning a disco competition to get platform boots to give to a dwarf.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

thark posted:

So, there an old game I occasionally try to remember without success but for once I happened to come to think of it while reading this thread so maybe the matter can finally be laid to rest.

This was a PC game from the mid 90s or thereabouts. Adventure game. Pre-rendered CG graphics as I recall it, probably early cdrom era 320x200 (I could be wrong).

The game gave a choice of two protagonist, one of which being a warrior chick and the other a lizardman or orc or somesuch beastly type.

Comedic fantasy setting, the one puzzle I recall involved winning a disco competition to get platform boots to give to a dwarf.

Kingdom O' Magic

Ahdinko posted:

I'm trying to find a silly web browser game I used to play back in the early 2000's.

From what I remember, it was one of the big ones at the time.

It was some sci-fi future based thing. You started off with a little town and a few military units. You had to build houses, and then factories for jobs and income.
You could research new techologies, and build military units. You started off building little lovely soldiers and jeeps, and worked your way up to the point where you could build Mechs.

Battle was a turn-based hex thing.
You could capture new bits of ground on the map and build more cities, and kill other people's stuff.

It works kinda like that WW2 online browser game at the moment, except it was alot more indepth and futuristic.

I think it had a brownish/orangeish colour scheme going on.
For some reason, the name neo something is in my head?

Might be a bit too old, but Fallen Haven?

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 11, 2010

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

Hakkesshu posted:

Kingdom O' Magic

There we go! I was going to add my guess that it was a british game which seems to have been correct.

Now the ghost's been exorcised.

Shadowborn
Jun 2, 2007

Ripe with radiation!

moller posted:

It was set in modern times and turn based?

Yes, or at least I think it was turn-based.

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.

chairface posted:

Ok, Commodore 64 mid-late 80s gaming mystery:

The premise of the game is that you're a space trader and fly around to different planets that all have markets containing various stuff, and you make money primarily by buying some poo poo cheap on one planet and flying to another planet where you can sell it for more $$$.
Psi-5 Trading Company?

secretplot
Apr 20, 2007
That's MISTER Buns to the likes of you.

Doody the Clown posted:

Possibly Zeilard? Or Sorcerian?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Sonance posted:

Psi-5 Trading Company?

It wasn't nearly as polished as that. Although now I really wish I had had that game back then, cuz it looks awesome.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Hakkesshu posted:

Might be a bit too old, but Fallen Haven?

Few years after Fallen Haven, and browser based. But pretty similar actually (FH was a fantastic game)

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

Been a while since anyone's posted in this thread, but I'm looking for another game...

It was for the PC, and the protagonist was the son of the king and queen, but he was stolen away and raised by farmers or something. He had some kind of purple pet thing that could shapeshift into useful items, but you had to learn how to do it but he would never be anything you would need until he learned how to do it. The protagonist just goes around having adventures with his pet thing, that's all I really remember. I know I used to play this all the time, so it's really frustrating. I can't remember if it was supposed to be a kid's game or what.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Vegastar posted:

Trying to remember a game from my childhood. It's an old DOS game. You were a scuba-diver, I'm pretty sure you were looking for underwater treasure. You had a flashlight, but you could only use it a couple of times before you needed to find a recharge station. There were all kinds of interactivity with the fish and the environment. I just can't remember the name.

This was a few pages back but was it Treasure Trove Cove? I think I remember that having parts where you had to use a flashlight and it was definitely a scuba diver looking for treasure and interactivity.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Guardian's Crusade?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Urban Wizard posted:

Been a while since anyone's posted in this thread, but I'm looking for another game...

It was for the PC, and the protagonist was the son of the king and queen, but he was stolen away and raised by farmers or something. He had some kind of purple pet thing that could shapeshift into useful items, but you had to learn how to do it but he would never be anything you would need until he learned how to do it. The protagonist just goes around having adventures with his pet thing, that's all I really remember. I know I used to play this all the time, so it's really frustrating. I can't remember if it was supposed to be a kid's game or what.

Torin's Passage

Dirty Deeds Thunderchief
Dec 12, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Torin's Passage

Ah, that's exactly it! Thank you!

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
Allright, this was a NES platformer where you controlled a guy dressed in a rabbit suit. The only other thing I remember is that it somehow involved lots of pizza.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Dr Cheesequake posted:

Allright, this was a NES platformer where you controlled a guy dressed in a rabbit suit. The only other thing I remember is that it somehow involved lots of pizza.

Yo! Noid

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
The game I can't remember was this game were you made a fake MMO and set the zones and monster levels and all that jazz. Then the players would complain about how easy or hard it was. I think it was a flash game, but I could be wrong. I just feel like playing it again for some reason.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Dr_Amazing posted:

About 15 years old. A side scrolling game where there were constantly spears and knives and things coming in from off screen. You could jump or duck or knock them down. There was fighting too, but I think it was more dodging stuff. This game sticks with me because I played it at a mall. It was a standup arcade game but free to play.

Kung-Fu Master?

Cubear
May 17, 2008

Huh?! I.. I'm a bear?!
Some real challenges coming out of this post.

A japanese freeware, "bullet dodging" game. You dodged these MSpaint looking stars, the game was endless with a ramping up difficulty to include more stars and larger stars. This was from 2001 or earlier, and was a stand alone executable, not a flash game.

------

A very old, pre-1990 edutainment game, the only colours I remember were green, maybe even just one shade of green. the idea of the game was to breed beetles to match a background pattern so that the predators would not be able to see them and they would survive. This may have been PC or on an apple computer.

------

An Amiga 500 game, late 80's early 90's, edutainment once again. all i remember was walking around a spaceship and opening doors, and maybe answering trivia or science questions.

I don't have high hopes for any of these to be found.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here's a tough one. My elementary school had some Macs with Mac OS 7/8/9 and there were two awesome educational games for them. One is Zoombini, but the other I can't recall. You start in a city in a Jungle with a top-down view, but then eventually you get to do other poo poo, of which I can only remember some side-view "program the robot to do some platforming" type ones. Any ideas?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I just remembered an ancient (probably abandonware) Star Wars game. I don't remember much about it except that it was played in a top-down perspective, you had to collect items and I think you shot dudes. There was a matching Indiana Jones game as well. I've searched through various abandon/freeware game sites for Star Wars, Jedi and Indiana Jones but nothing comes up that looks like it.

Nastyman fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 4, 2010

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Nastyman posted:

I just remembered an ancient (probably abandonware) Star Wars game. I don't remember much about it except that it was played in a top-down perspective, you had to collect items and I think you shot dudes. There was a matching Indiana Jones game as well. I've searched through various abandon/freeware game sites for Star Wars, Jedi and Indiana Jones but nothing comes up that looks like it.

Yoda Stories, and Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

ponzicar posted:

Yoda Stories, and Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures.

Holy Nostalgia, Batman. Thanks :)

Plinth
Nov 28, 2004

Archons of Athens!

Cubear posted:

Some real challenges coming out of this post.

A japanese freeware, "bullet dodging" game. You dodged these MSpaint looking stars, the game was endless with a ramping up difficulty to include more stars and larger stars. This was from 2001 or earlier, and was a stand alone executable, not a flash game.

Try googling for crazygame.exe, sounds like either that or a variant thereof.

quote:

An Amiga 500 game, late 80's early 90's, edutainment once again. all i remember was walking around a spaceship and opening doors, and maybe answering trivia or science questions.

This could either be Discovery:Trivia 1, or Trivial Pursuit: A New Beginning.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
There was this PC game, around 2000 or so (maybe earlier) it played like a tomb raider game and it had the word urban in it, I'm pretty sure. You were a cop.

Cubear
May 17, 2008

Huh?! I.. I'm a bear?!

Plinth posted:

Try googling for crazygame.exe, sounds like either that or a variant thereof.
Not quite but close. the game I'm looking for is very cartoony. this is very very close though.

Plinth posted:

This could either be Discovery:Trivia 1.

This one. Right here. Bang on!

Shadowborn
Jun 2, 2007

Ripe with radiation!

Cityinthesea posted:

There was this PC game, around 2000 or so (maybe earlier) it played like a tomb raider game and it had the word urban in it, I'm pretty sure. You were a cop.

Urban Chaos? :)

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Shadowborn posted:

Urban Chaos? :)

Oh man, thanks a bunch.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Cubear posted:

------

I don't have high hopes for any of these to be found.

My god, I'd totally forgotten this. I had it on my amiga 1000.

I always played as the alien :v:

Agnostic watermelon
Jul 1, 2009

I'm a lil' Brony!
ok this one is gonna be tough

It was an multiplayer turn based jrpg/board game bargain bin title for the psx. You could choose your class and color and the point of the game was to find treasure in a post apocalyptic ruin filled with monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

Agnostic watermelon posted:

ok this one is gonna be tough

It was an multiplayer turn based jrpg/board game bargain bin title for the psx. You could choose your class and color and the point of the game was to find treasure in a post apocalyptic ruin filled with monsters.

Maze Heroes: Meikyuu Densetsu maybe.

edit: Might be Battle Hunter, though.

Saint Septimus fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 6, 2010

• Locked thread