Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

ab0z posted:

It means some idiot has been messing around with the engine and you should stay far away.

Also...

quote:

needs new back tires

:ms:

EDIT: New page content!
Baja golf cart :clint:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/rvs/1657163024.html

Black88GTA fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
What kind of person can afford(?) a Z06 and then decides that it needs some really terrible door hinges, to boot?

Craigslist posted:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1678331703.html

2007 Corvette Z06 Lambo Doors - $50000 (Belton, Tx)
Date: 2010-04-05, 9:43PM CDT
Reply to: sale-7tmru-1678331703@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

2007 Corvette Z06 Excellent condition 11k miles, all options, Lamborgini doors, CCW wheels. Call Joe (254)913-7314

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Maybe he doesn't have the space to open those drat things up where he has to park. That is the only reason I can think of.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

MetaJew posted:

What kind of person can afford(?) a Z06 and then decides that it needs some really terrible door hinges, to boot?

Although I would never install them on my car, I never thought they were all that bad. Why does AI get their panties in such a wad over them?

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

Bolkovr posted:

Hubert, I am interested in buying your car, Hubert. Say Hubert, what's your address?

I did a little googling and he's 80 years old. And frankly, I'm kinda interested in the car now. Imagine how my friends would laugh as I drove up in a 75 Ford. But I would proudly puff my chest and state, "it's Hubert Campbell's car."

Huh. So there IS a Ford Granada still left in the U.S... Thought the last one was "imported" to Mexico years ago.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
If that Browning M1917 works, that's not too bad of a price.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

CharlieWhiskey posted:

If that Browning M1917 works, that's not too bad of a price.

If that browning works and has papers then it's worth way more than that :)

I suspect it's a replica.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Huh. So there IS a Ford Granada still left in the U.S... Thought the last one was "imported" to Mexico years ago.
My second car was a '76 Ford Granada, and that was only ten years ago or so.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Tai-Pan posted:

Although I would never install them on my car, I never thought they were all that bad. Why does AI get their panties in such a wad over them?

It isn't everything that's wrong with car culture, or even the worst thing, but it is the most emblematic thing.

I mean they even make sense on a coupe...you aren't going to hit the car next to you with your gigantic doors. But they are associated with a certain kind of car owner. Someone sees your lambo doors (never "scissor doors") and they're going to say "Hey, nice car man, when you planning on putting some 22 inch spinners on that? Hey, I know where you can get a 6 inch exhaust and a 12 pack of fake sponsor stickers. Hey look over there and check out the mirror tint on my Z24, isn't it tight as poo poo?" Probably in those exact words, while you look around you for something with which to kill them and then yourself.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Those old Fairmonts and Granadas are the lightest fox body cars made. All of the running gear from a 1979 to 2004 Mustang will fit inside of them with bolt on parts, no fabricating required.

Just sayin.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

VideoTapir posted:

But they are associated with a certain kind of car owner.

Eh, I guess. While I get the whole poser-owner thing, and I agree, some stuff just comes off as hypocritical. Everyone seems think Tubi exhausts are okay, but fart-cans are bad. They are both (essentially) pointless upgrades designed to make a car sound a certain way, but one is cool and one is bad? Same with wheels, vintage BBS=good, Spinners=bad. Chromed alternator on a duece coupe=good, blue spark plug wires=bad.

Now to re-rail. This 440 '66 coronet sold for $5500 dollars in Austin. The craigslist post is down so here is the B.A.T listing. This has to be the deal of the year. Of course the ONE TIME I skip B.A.T in the morning...
http://bringatrailer.com/2010/04/05/bat-success-story-non-scam-texas-66-mopar/

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

frozenphil posted:

Those old Fairmonts and Granadas are the lightest fox body cars made. All of the running gear from a 1979 to 2004 Mustang will fit inside of them with bolt on parts, no fabricating required.

Which is why I've always wanted to find a '79 Fairmont and turn it into a sleeper. Something along these lines:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

DropShadow posted:

Which is why I've always wanted to find a '79 Fairmont and turn it into a sleeper. Something along these lines:

The '79/'80 Fairmont 2 door coupe is the lightest fox body at something like 2300lbs curb weight. That's before you strip it.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

frozenphil posted:

The '79/'80 Fairmont 2 door coupe is the lightest fox body at something like 2300lbs curb weight. That's before you strip it.

I'm partial to the coupe, but couldn't find a good photo of one. In college, I left a note on the ideal '79 coupe, but the owner didn't want to sell and I didn't have any money anyway.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn

Tai-Pan posted:

They weigh a loving ton too.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Crosspost from TFR:

quote:

From my personal collection:
Deactivated 1919-A4, General Purpose Machine Gun
with Rare Canadian Service Ferret attached.
Hails from Canadian Forces Base SHILO in Manitoba
where it only ever did guard duty.
Fully intact gun cradle, slick moving turret. Fun to drive.
Cost for license & PL&PD insurance in Ontario $ 265.- per year.
No licence required for the deactivated 1919-A4. (Not available separately)
Located ready to roll or load, immediately next to the Trans Canada Highway
(Hwy. 11 North) in Kenogami (near Kirkland Lake Ontario)
I'd never sell this if I didn't need the money.
Price $ 23,500.- F.O.B. Kenogami

And yes, I'd drive that every god drat day that it wasn't broken down

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

frozenphil posted:

Just sayin.

DropShadow posted:

These posts and the fact that my mom had a 79 Fairmont sedan (I'm tempted to say it had a six) inspired me to search my local CL for Fairmonts when I struck gold:

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/1678663076.html

Don't you dare lowball him on his hacked-up, barely started, in-a-million-pieces baby!

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004
Ladies and Gentlemen.. Pure GOLD.

Just popped up on the local CL. Includes a new $5000 motor! The body alone is worth $107,500!

Click here for the full 1258x838 image.

1998 bodied f350 ford frame up restored mud truck. Call 1-605-295-2590 small list of parts include $5000 472 ci 500hp big block, dana 60 superduty front axle, 10.25 sterling rear, 4.10s, limited slip rear, 4 inch lift, 37 tsl radials like new on new mrw 15x14 custom built rims with 2inch backspacing, cut out flares, new shocks, front calipers, electric fans with 189 temp switch, new fuel pumps, sir michals roll pan, euro lights, new leather bucket seats, bed liner, roll bar, kc lights, ram air hood, airbrushed flames, with bedlined flames on rockers, black frame and engine bay. Frame has under 50k origional with new paint, body and motor have around 5k miles since redone/new. zf 5speed manual Much more invested than asking, owned since 1999, titled as 1990 f150 2wd as it was origionally before i made ti what it is. 1990 origional interior lariat in excellent shape 3 inch side pipes stainless steel with flowtech long tube headers a foot wider stance than a stock f350

frame under 55k origional bought it from origional owner sold the body off it, cab and box 155k, motor 5k

Slack3r fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 7, 2010

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
I bet the guy just dug up his receipts, totaled everything and went "Yep, that sounds reasonable."

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

DropShadow posted:

Remember "Stor"? It was like an Ikea predecessor. That Fairmont is simply a "Kar". It's a vehicle with doors and engine and a trunk from a purely functional perspective. It's like how a five year old draws a car in crayon. It's more than a car, it's a shape.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Slack3r posted:

Ladies and Gentlemen.. Pure GOLD.

Just popped up on the local CL. Includes a new $5000 motor! The body alone is worth $107,500!

Click here for the full 1258x838 image.

1998 bodied f350 ford frame up restored mud truck. Call 1-605-295-2590 small list of parts include $5000 472 ci 500hp big block, dana 60 superduty front axle, 10.25 sterling rear, 4.10s, limited slip rear, 4 inch lift, 37 tsl radials like new on new mrw 15x14 custom built rims with 2inch backspacing, cut out flares, new shocks, front calipers, electric fans with 189 temp switch, new fuel pumps, sir michals roll pan, euro lights, new leather bucket seats, bed liner, roll bar, kc lights, ram air hood, airbrushed flames, with bedlined flames on rockers, black frame and engine bay. Frame has under 50k origional with new paint, body and motor have around 5k miles since redone/new. zf 5speed manual Much more invested than asking, owned since 1999, titled as 1990 f150 2wd as it was origionally before i made ti what it is. 1990 origional interior lariat in excellent shape 3 inch side pipes stainless steel with flowtech long tube headers a foot wider stance than a stock f350

frame under 55k origional bought it from origional owner sold the body off it, cab and box 155k, motor 5k
There's no way that's not a typo. He must be asking $11250, and even that's ridiculous.
Correct me if I'm wrong, that is an '88 correct?

maxallen fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 7, 2010

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

VideoTapir posted:

It isn't everything that's wrong with car culture, or even the worst thing, but it is the most emblematic thing.

I mean they even make sense on a coupe...you aren't going to hit the car next to you with your gigantic doors. But they are associated with a certain kind of car owner. Someone sees your lambo doors (never "scissor doors") and they're going to say "Hey, nice car man, when you planning on putting some 22 inch spinners on that? Hey, I know where you can get a 6 inch exhaust and a 12 pack of fake sponsor stickers. Hey look over there and check out the mirror tint on my Z24, isn't it tight as poo poo?" Probably in those exact words, while you look around you for something with which to kill them and then yourself.

This is what I always think of when I see them:

While, with a coupe, they sort of make sense, you still don't have the full range of the door so you will have to sidestep to get in and out of the car.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Clockwork Sputnik posted:

Remember "Stor"? It was like an Ikea predecessor. That Fairmont is simply a "Kar". It's a vehicle with doors and engine and a trunk from a purely functional perspective. It's like how a five year old draws a car in crayon. It's more than a car, it's a shape.

Exactly. That is exactly what I love about it.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

frozenphil posted:

Just sayin.

My mom has her original one owner '78 sport model Granada in a local, to her, storage unit. It is identical to this car, http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3811453 , only it is what i call emerald green. It is green inside and out but it still has the hubcaps, same white pinstripe, and sport windows.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1674265600.html

Seriously, I am not going to tell you another loving thing, god, stop asking.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

frozenphil posted:

No one wants the base stripper model of some old car.

I searched for this. :smith:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1678895130.html

Oh god, that looks beautiful. Especially considering there are people in my area selling that car for three times that price.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1678895130.html

Oh god, that looks beautiful. Especially considering there are people in my area selling that car for three times that price.

Yeah, if the car is in 1/2 the shape it appears to be, that's a great deal.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-4X4-Lada-Niva-W0QQAdIdZ197183849

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Whaaaaaaa? And yes, 1997 is correct.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

That. Is. Awesome.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
This was on the LH forums a few weeks ago..Listing expired.

Listing: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/1633440868.html

i have a 2001 300m with 180 on the dash, black heated leather seats tv radio firm on the price no trades not selling rims without the car spent 2000 on the lift, can do u turns

great idea, cause you know the front ends of these cars last for billions of miles on them with normal size wheels.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Mighty Horse posted:

I always love it when they're obviously hiding something.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Someone in my town is selling this Dodge Intrepid for $16,000

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-2001-Dodge-Intrepid-Coupe-2-door-W0QQAdIdZ197324580

Click here for the full 1333x693 image.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Not that it's not GolD, but I doubt that ad is real. "Emissions tested"? Front license plate?

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

The main problem with that Honda is that he spent a ton of money where it doesn't belong. High performance Honda B-motors are pretty tapped out from the factory, cams, a tune, a polish, and a slightly bigger exhaust is all you need to get 30 extra horse out of a B16 or in that case a B18C.

What he should have done was go for a SC or Turbo kit, and a exhaust. It would have cost less, and netted more horse.

What's wrong with building an engine and car the way you want to? It's not ricey at all and he used quality parts with an eye to daily driven reliability. I bet that car is a hoot to drive too. Maybe he overspent on the B18C5 engine but maybe at that point he didn't plan on modding it at all. Either way, if the chassis is clean and rust-free he'll probably get his price.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

neckbeard posted:

Someone in my town is selling this Dodge Intrepid for $16,000

The front end is droopy, like it just had a stroke.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
gently caress, now I want a Fairmont again. I thought I got over that urge a decade ago when I got my third fox Mustang.

wav3form
Aug 10, 2008

Matlock posted:

The front end is droopy, like it just had a stroke.

If you had one million four hundred thousand kilometers on you, you'd have a stroke too!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Whaaaaaaa? And yes, 1997 is correct.

Yeah, my father actually drove a 2000-ish model all around Russia in the last half of this past decade. Looked exactly the same, and to quote him, reliable as all hell apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Mighty Horse posted:

Listing: http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/1633440868.html

i have a 2001 300m with 180 on the dash, black heated leather seats tv radio firm on the price no trades not selling rims without the car spent 2000 on the lift, can do u turns
"180 on the dash?" Is he talking about the speedometer?

I like how when you have wheels that loving ridiculous on your piece of poo poo FWD Chrysler, "can do u-turns" is actually a distinguishing feature.