Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Ergh. Sorry about this upd- well, okay, it'd be a mockery to call this an "update schedule." But I'm really sorry about the whole 'not actually updating thing.'

Stuff's been piling up, and I've been too drained to do much more than vegetate at the end of each day. I might be able to get an update out between now and the end of finals, but given that my time management skills have shot themselves in the foot, I wouldn't hold your breath for TOO too much.

It also doesn't help that I am easily distracted by things that, much like Sakura Wars, slowly chip away at my sanity and/or ability to look myself in the mirror each morning.

CURSE YOU, iDOLM@STER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
This is the last chapter, though, right? I'd like to see the game done by June or so, if possible. Want to see Satan get his Sephirothesque rear end handed to him by the power of love.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
So you're not dead. Nifty.

I won't say "take your time", as, uh, that's sort of... happened already. Looking forward to when you get something readable. You do make it worth the wait.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
I have to admit, I'm kind of curious to see if you can somehow take longer over this than it will take Grey Hunter to refight the entire Pacific Campaign of World War II in "real time" as it were.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Spirit Armor posted:

It also doesn't help that I am easily distracted by things that, much like Sakura Wars, slowly chip away at my sanity and/or ability to look myself in the mirror each morning.

CURSE YOU, iDOLM@STER!
Oh my iDOLM@STER! Well take your time doing your other stuff and try to keep the iDOLM@STERing at a minimum till your done with the first game. Also does this means a possible iDOLM@STER LP is in the far future?

omegaultima
Mar 18, 2009

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Oh my iDOLM@STER! Well take your time doing your other stuff and try to keep the iDOLM@STERing at a minimum till your done with the first game. Also does this means a possible iDOLM@STER LP is in the far future?

I think the sun will have burned out by then :v:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Spirit Armor posted:

Ergh. Sorry about this upd- well, okay, it'd be a mockery to call this an "update schedule." But I'm really sorry about the whole 'not actually updating thing.'

Stuff's been piling up, and I've been too drained to do much more than vegetate at the end of each day. I might be able to get an update out between now and the end of finals, but given that my time management skills have shot themselves in the foot, I wouldn't hold your breath for TOO too much.

CURSE YOU, iDOLM@STER!

I don't know about everyone else, but I've played Princess Maker 2 countless times, so you don't have to worry about losing respect with me :)

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Considering now many more Sakura Wars are in the queue...

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

If I ever do an iDOLM@STER LP (and I have no goddamn clue how I'd be able to do it as anything other than a hybrid), it'll probably be after this LP and before Sakura Wars 2.

On the other hand, I've also said things like "lol, I'll totally finish by the end of 2007/2008/2009," so I can't really be trusted to make ANY kind of definitive statement about anything involving a specific point of reference within a given passage of time.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Spirit Armor posted:

If I ever do an iDOLM@STER LP (and I have no goddamn clue how I'd be able to do it as anything other than a hybrid), it'll probably be after this LP and before Sakura Wars 2.

On the other hand, I've also said things like "lol, I'll totally finish by the end of 2007/2008/2009," so I can't really be trusted to make ANY kind of definitive statement about anything involving a specific point of reference within a given passage of time.

To be fair, you have kept going at this way longer than anyone might have expected you to. Even if you've never been able to swing a specific time frame.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

Well, as long as it keeps going...

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
I took some time off this thread to play So Long, My Love, and I'm happy/sad that the LP is in the same place I was when I left :smith:

If he does an SW5 LP, Spirit Armor best show the maximum amount of affection to Diana whether or not she's the chosen one, because damnit, she deserves it.

Plus, she'll die if you don't, supposedly.

Ensis
Nov 13, 2003
On the banks of the Red Cedar...
I just finished reading through the 120 pages of this thread, confident that after three years from the first post and the sheer length of this thread that it would be done. Now that I've reached the end all I can do is frown and wonder how it's possible that this thing isn't done yet.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ensis posted:

I just finished reading through the 120 pages of this thread, confident that after three years from the first post and the sheer length of this thread that it would be done. Now that I've reached the end all I can do is frown and wonder how it's possible that this thing isn't done yet.

Clearly Iris already has SpiritArmor's soul in her grasp and it is her command that this thread stretches on for the next decade or two.

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

NoMoneyDown posted:

If he does an SW5 LP, Spirit Armor best show the maximum amount of affection to Diana whether or not she's the chosen one, because damnit, she deserves it.

I dunno about *that*. Just your basic generic healer chick to me.

Rika can go die in a fire, though.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the Kouma have finally been palette-swapped for easy identification!

[Shika]

Lord Satan, all of the most elite Kouma have been gathered here!!

[Satan]

Destroy! Destroy all that you come across! The destruction of all things! Aah, how lovely!
The annihilation of all things, and then the creation of new lives!
Destruction is truly the prelude to rebirth!

----
[Shika]

Yessir! I'm... sure that will go hand-in-hand with our ACTUAL plan, which was to reduce the planet to a charred, burnt husk that will be littered with whatever corpses the Kouma don't bother eating.

[Satan]

Ah, but on top of all THAT, once the Kouma engorge themselves and engage in widespread mating season orgies, we shall have a bountiful baby boom of blasted bhell-bspawn!

[Shika]

... y... yes, my lord. I'm sure they won't start hurling their explosive babies at buildings as per their failed maternal instincts. And you really didn't need to force that bit of balliteration, my lord.

[Satan]

Hm. Well, no matter. I have decisive proof that the vast majority of my plans will work.

[Shika]

Yes, my lord?

[Satan]

I'm not Tenkai.

[Shika]

... that IS strangely persuasive, my lord.

----

[Kouma]

Gsha!

[Satan]

And it shall bring about our most reliable force of destruction!!
... fallen demon "Shika"!

[Shika]

Yes!

[Satan]

Until then, you shall buy us time...

[Shika]

As you command...

[Satan]

I sincerely hope that you do not think of such unnecessary things as seeking vengeance for Inoshishi. Understood?

[Shika]

Understood...

DUN DUN DUwait, that's actually the entirety of backstory/motivation/character development/etc? He can't even be arsed to have something as ambitious as "my strength will be the most strongest power ever!", and it doesn't look like he wants to take Satan's place- no, he just wants some good ol' fashioned compliments and/or validation.

... but alas, such is the fate of all third-rate, hastily-shoehorned-in mid-boss sub-villains with funky names. :smith:

As if to make things worse, it looks like he's already going to be rapidly outclassed by something/one.

Meanwhile, in scenic Movieland Transylvania Ginza...

... we discover that Ayame doesn't actually bother to let down her hair when she goes to bed, which solves the whole "why does she have headaches" question. Having a thick lump of hair crushing against the back of her skull has to be at least HALF of the reason she doesn't ever sleep well.

'Course, the OTHER half can probably be attributed to the blurry demoness traipsing around in her dreams with barely a stitch of clothing on.

[Ayame]

Who... who are you...

[???]

Hmhmhm...

[Ayame]

Who? Who ARE you?

[Ayame]

Eh-- ... kyaaaaaah--!

[Ayame]

G-Gasp... gasp... pant...

KER-SUDDEN SCENE TRANSITION!

[Ogami]

From within the sealed continent of darkness, "Yamato"...

[Ogami]

... this is pretty difficult.

This particular genre of books isn't quite Ogami's forte. If his reasoning skills are any indication, stories about giving cookies to mice are probably closer to his reading level. Brightly colored pictures are also a plus.

[Kohran]

Ogami-han. What's that you've been readin' there?

----
[Ogami]

More importantly, do all of you ALWAYS roam the theater in a single murder?

[Kohran]

'Course we do, ev'ry now an' then! Girl talk an' all that.

[Ogami]

(A psycho swordswoman, a heiress with more money than any of us will ever see in our lives, a mad biogenetimechaniscientist, an innocent little conduit to eldritch powers which should not be named, and a Kanna...)

[Ogami]

(... do these people actually HAVE any conversational topics in common, outside of "killing demons," "acting in an audience's general direction," and/or "committing acts of violence upon Ichiro Ogami's person.)

[Sumire]

Also, I believe the term "murder" is used exclusively for gatherings of crows, Ensign.

[Ogami]

... yeah, but for some unstated obvious reason, I can't help but associate "most of the Flower Brigade" in one place with "murder."

----

[Sakura]

Hm~mm... what might that book be?

[Ogami]

Well, it's a copy of the "Chronicles of the Liberated God." I borrowed it from Commander Yoneda.

[Kanna]

Heh, lemme take a look.

[Ogami]

Wait, wait, handle it carefully! It's a really important book!!

----
[Kanna]

Hey, l-

[Ogami]

And PLEASE don't end that sentence with "look what I can do!" and apply enough pressure to create one paper-thin sheet that used to be a really important book. Again.

[Kanna]

Hey, I STILL maintain that if all those government files were MEANT to be really important, it was perfectly reasonable to assume that someone had already made copies elsewhere.

----

----

[Kanna]

Maria, d'you know about this book?

[Ogami]

Huh... he lent it to you, too?

[Maria]

Yes, everything the captain of the Flower Division should know is supposedly written in it.

----
[Ogami]

Huh. He didn't lend it to ME when I became the captain of the Flower Division. You know, when I COULD'VE learned about the Kouma before we took their ridiculously sudden plot reveal up the rear end.

[Maria]

To be honest, I don't think any of us were sure exactly how long you were going to survive.

[Ogami]

... ah. Of course. So... I've finally shown that I'm unlucky strong enough to survive?

[Maria]

The exact phrase may have been "stupidly stubborn enough to not die," but yes, that sounds about right.

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

Eh, I'll take what I can get!

[Maria]

Attaboy.

----

[Maria]

I... read it mostly because I received the order to do so from Ayame-san, but...

[Ogami]

I see...

[Ogami]

Maria... could you teach me about it? I feel like I'll have trouble with it if I try reading it by myself...

----
[Ogami]

Great! Let's-

[Maria]

Would you like to start by learning how to read words longer than two syllables, or shall we skip directly to basic analytical reading skills?

[Ogami]

- assume that I'm smarter than a first-grader, Maria.

----

[Sumire]

Maria-san. The fact that Commander Yoneda personally lent Ensign the book...
Might he be telling the Ensign to try and understand it on his own?

[Ogami]

Um... what Sumire-kun is saying is probably correct.

[Ogami]

Even so... I can barely understand what's written in this book...
Man oh man... I think I'll take a break.

WHUMPF.

[Maria]

Ah... Captain, if you leave such an important book on the floor...

Oh, Maria, you worrywart. It's not like Ogami is openly inviting disaster to befall his precious book or anything like that!

[Iris]

Wow! This juice is delicious!!

[Ogami]

Huh? Aah, thanks, Iris.

[Maria]

Ah, Iris! Watch your feet!!

... judging by her expression, she totally planned this ahead of time, the little gremlin. :argh:

[Ogami]

I-Iris!

If there's one thing Ogami has learned over the past few months, it's that he needs to treat Iris much like a fragile bomb that's prone to detonating in self-defense at the slightest provocation.

SPLASH.

[Maria]

Ah...!

[Iris]

Ah...

[Ogami]

Ah... the juice spilled on Maria...

If there's ANOTHER thing that Ogami's learned, it's that he can never win at anything. :smith:

----

[Maria]

Yes... it is only juice, after all.

[Ogami]

But your hair...

----

----
[Ogami]

Ha ha ha, no harm done! Right, Maria?

[Maria]

We never actually asked Iris what kind of juice she was actually drinking.

[Maria]

... and... I'm not entirely certain, but I think I taste copper. It appears to be blood.

[Ogami]

Oh, is that all? That's only MILDLY disturbing. For a moment there, I thought it was going to be something utterly horrifying! Ha ha ha-

[Ogami]

... y'know, it's amazing what the human psyche can adapt to if it's given half a chance.

----

[Sakura]

My, it's already this late?

[Ogami]

What was today's performance again?

[Sumire]

This will be Kohran's first leading role since "Wings," which was quite some time ago.

[Ogami]

Great Dinosaur Island? What on Earth is it about?

----
[Sumire]

Well, Ensign, I am quite certain that it couldn't POSSIBLY be about dinosaurs, now could it?

[Ogami]

Hey, I'm just double-checking, alright? I'm not one of you fancy-pants theatrical-type people! I don't know a thing about the finer points of theatricaling!

[Kanna]

Captain's got a point there- those play names can get real misleading. Like Hamlet! It-

[Sumire]

- had absolutely nothing to do with ham, right?

[Kanna]

Yeah! What's up with that? It's a freakin' shame, if you ask me.

[Ogami]

... Kanna, I'll never stop being amazed that you're an actress just like Sumire-kun.

[Sumire]

... please do not remind me that I have ANYTHING in common with her, Ensign.

----

[Ogami]

...?

[Kohran]

Mysterious ruins of an ancient civilization, angry natives, suspicious ceremonies! Resounding yellin' voices! Hidden traps all along th' way!!

I love how they managed to explain all that without once making ANY references to, you know, the dinosaurs that will hopefully play a major part in a play called "Great Dinosaur Island."

[Ogami]

Hmmm... that sounds pretty amazing. But what kind of a story is it?

[Iris]

Well, you know... it's called "slapstick."

[Ogami]

Slapstick? Comedy? Does that mean... Maria's going to be involved, too?

[Ogami]

Ah... I see.
(Though I kind of feel like I want to see Maria doing slapstick.)

... preferably at a safe distance, behind a bulletproof wall. And I can't help but imagine a piss-drunk Maria talking in a horribly hammy Russian accent, wandering around up on stage.

[Kanna]

Okay, let's get going.

[Sakura]

Ah... but Maria-san is still-

[Maria]

I'm sorry, everyone, but go on ahead. I'm going to go wash my hair.

[Iris]

Sorry, Maria...

[Maria]

You don't need to worry, Iris. But be sure to be careful next time, okay?

[Iris]

Okay...

----
[Maria]

Wonderful. Now that that's settled, I'm going to go wash my hair with holy water.

[Iris]

But-

[Maria]

Holy water.

[Iris]

I really didn't mean to-

[Maria]

HOLY WATER.

[Iris]

:smith:

----

----

[Ogami]

Eh...? Okay, got it! Where at?

[Maria]

He's waiting in the command room.

[Ogami]

The command room, huh? ... okay. I'll head there soon.

----
[Ogami]

Awesome. Well, I guess I'll-

[Maria]

... oh, and he means by four o' clock TODAY.

[Ogami]

Tsk. Can't you guys leave my Yoneda-avoiding loopholes alone!?

[Maria]

Easy mode is for elementary school children, Captain.

----

And we are, once again, right at the Free Roam segment after half a year of dicking around!

NEXT TIME: Everyone Loves Iris, Ayame: The Route-Breaker, and HA HA HA I SHALL SAVE YOU

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 7, 2013

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
An update? :aaaaa:

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Hey Spirit...Is everything okay?

GenericFootwear
Nov 4, 2009
This is totally my reward for getting my taxes done an hour before April 15. :neckbeard:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Hair washing? My body moves itself towards the shower-room

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Slapstick starring Iris, Kohran, traps and dinosaurs.
This I gotta see.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Yessss.

So is it always Maria who comes in late/gets spilled on, or is it "the love interest"? I ask because she seemed so set apart from the others that I'm curious.

baby breath
Aug 20, 2007

is it time for my musical number? because I could really use a musical number.
The one time where the "I have to wash my hair" line is actually true. :argh:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ZeeToo posted:

So is it always Maria who comes in late/gets spilled on, or is it "the love interest"? I ask because she seemed so set apart from the others that I'm curious.

I'd like to know this too :shobon:

That said- what the heck am I to do for the next 6 months? :v:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

veekie posted:

Slapstick starring Iris, Kohran, traps and dinosaurs.
This I gotta see.

A play too big for the stage to contain!

No, seriously, it was too big for the stage to contain. Check your seat for snares and/or teeth before you sit down.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Maria]

Easy mode is for elementary school children, Captain.

Looks like someone like touhou fan comics.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Glazius posted:

A play too big for the stage to contain!

No, seriously, it was too big for the stage to contain. Check your seat for snares and/or teeth before you sit down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kohran arranged Instagrow Jungle for the hall.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Good update.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Looks like someone like touhou fan comics.

Two words. Bullet. Hell.

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Kohran

Well we clocked the T Rex at 32 miles an hour...

Ogami

You have a T Rex?

Kohran

Yes!

Sumire

Say it again.

Kohran

We have a T Rex!

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Ah, this update is like a cup of tea for the soul.

delicious blood tea.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Christ Spirit Armor, I only read your posts, and it still took me around a WEEK to get to this point!!
If you really do all five, you'll create some kind of internet black hole, and collapse the entire forums into one super-density thread, from which no poster could escape.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

DrakePegasus posted:

Two words. Bullet. Hell.

The phrase does seem suited to Maria, doesn't it?

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Keeshhound posted:

Christ Spirit Armor, I only read your posts, and it still took me around a WEEK to get to this point!!
If you really do all five, you'll create some kind of internet black hole, and collapse the entire forums into one super-density thread, from which no poster could escape.

You're forgetting that by the time he gets around to doing that, the Universe will have undergone the Big Crunch already :v:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe
Isn't Sakura Wars II the one that never got a PS2 makeover? It'll be different LPing a series and having the games go down on system generation.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Fun Fact: Ogami is one of those lucky few who can sleep standing up in nearly any location, provided that he's more or less alone.

In the Navy, this was a convenience. In the Imperial Theater, where his rare sleeping hours are plagued with nightmares and every moment of his waking life could potentially end up much more horrifying than anything his nightmares can throw at him, it is a survival trait.

Case in point.

... especially since fleeing is rarely an option.

Well, who else has shock-blond hair and is four feet tall?

----

[Old Guy]

Iris-chan, could you give me your autograph, too? I've been your fan since forever.

[Girl]

Iris-cha~n! Gimme your autograph~!!

... and who else would be the focal point for so much mildly disturbing obsessed adulation?

[Iris]

Kyaa- don't push me~! I've got to get to the dressing room--!

[Ogami]

Iris is getting crushed! I've got to do something...

... it's been a long time since I've used this particular smiley, but I feel that this, of all situations, deserves it.

:master:

[Ogami]

Please move aside, everyone! In exchange, I shall offer you MY autograph!!

[Old Guy]

[Girl]

[Boy]

... hey, hey, mommy, who's this older boy?

[Woman]

Hush, it's not polite to point! Now... let's get going.

[Ogami]

Urgh... am... am I really that unpopular...?

----
[Jean-Paul]

(Well, to put it lightly, these folks wanted some fudging delicious undercooked chocolate-chip cookie dough, and you tried to give them rotten ketchup-and-apple cookies. You do the math, bunghole.)

[Ogami]

Don't I at least warrant a flavor li-

[Jean-Paul]

(No.)

[Ogami]

----

[Ogami]

Iris...

----
[Ogami]

Bye!

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

... wait, what about MY autograph?

[Sakura]

I'll take it! I'll take it!!

[Ogami]

... normally, I would SAY that I'd be more inclined to give you stuff if you stopped stalking my every footstep from exactly five feet away, but I think my ego needs any boost it can get. Sure, I'll-

[Sakura]

Oh... Ogami-san, you're so kind! To think that you would deign to speak to a stalker like me- you're truly a lightning god descended from the heavens, your heart filled with kindness for all that you see!! I'll redouble my efforts to keep track of your movements from when you wake up at exactly six o' clock in the morning to when you finally fall into your fevered dreams at anywhere between three and four in the morning-

[Ogami]

You know, on second thought, maybe I should just keep trying to introduce you to a good mental institute or two. Or at least get Kohran to give you a lobotomy.

----

(Currently recharging ego and sense of self-worth. Please wait.)

KNOCK KNOCK.

[Ayame]

... yes, who is it?

[Ogami]

It's me, Ogami...

[Ayame]

Ogami-kun? ... please, come in. The door's unlocked.

----

... okay, fine, ASIDE from gawking like some kid who'd just come to the realization that girls do NOT, in fact, have cooties...

[Ogami]

Yes... though I haven't really been able to read too much of it yet...

[Ayame]

Well, its contents DO make the book a difficult read, don't they...

----
[Ogami]

Wait- you guys RECORDED your battles?

[Ayame]

Technically, Commander Yoneda did.

[Ogami]

... right then, scaling down my expectations by about five hundred percent.

[Ayame]

Oh, it's actually quite informative once you get past the candid camera and "We've-drugged-the-hell-out-of-Yamazaki-and-secretly-replaced-his-underwear-with-a-stick-up-his-rear end,-let's-see-if-he-notices" segments.

[Ogami]

Why did you guys ever think that giving him a camera was a good idea?

[Ayame]

We... we were young and stupid back then, Ogami-kun.

----

After taking a minute of trying not to think about any of that too much...

[Ogami]

Yes. Please do. I'm having trouble getting a grasp on that book...

[Ayame]

That's true... it's a manuscript that's a few hundred years old. It's only natural that it's hard to follow.

----
[Ogami]

The doodles don't help very much, either.

[Ayame]

Ogami-kun, Commander Yoneda only added mustaches and bad hair days to the illustrations. Think about how much worse it could have been.

[Ogami]

... seriously, ma'am, why do we leave ANYTHING to him?

[Ayame]

We... we're still young and stupid, Ogami-kun.

----

[Ogami]

Um, about the Kouma War footage...

[Ayame]

[Ogami]

... Ayame-san!? What's wrong?

----
[Ogami]

What's Commander Yoneda done to the footage NOW!?

[Ayame]

... of all the times for you to learn pattern recognition, Ogami-kun...

----

[Ayame]

Once in a while... there are times when my chest starts hurting a bit...

[Ogami]

Ayame-san...

Welp, here, we have the serious answers (for a given value of "serious").

A few seconds later, Ogami's mind jettisons any and all thoughts about Maria refuses to be at all serious.

[Ogami]

Don't tell me... is it heartsickness? That your chest would hurt so...

[Ayame]

It's... been years since I'd fallen so hard for someone that my chest would start hurting.

[Ogami]

I-Is that so...?

... well, poo poo.

There goes Maria's route. :geno:

[Ogami]

Eh? ... i-i-i-if you would have me!!

Sorry, folks, I guess all that voting for the One True Pilot all those months ago was absolutely useless!

... that is, until you remember exactly who we're dealing with here.

[Ogami]

Ah... it was a joke?

[Ayame]

In any case, Ogami-kun... please keep my pains a secret. I don't want to cause the others to worry...

[Ogami]

... yes. I understand.

----
[Ogami]

... why must you cockblock me like this, Ayame-san?

[Ayame]

Well, Ogami-kun, the answer to that question is-

----

----
[Ogami]

Sadism, huh.

----

[Ogami]

Yes. I heard it from Maria.

----
[Ogami]

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry into my pillow for the rest of the afternoon. Again.

----

[Ayame]

I see... then that's fine. Do your best to be there on time. Now then, I'll see you later.

----

Right then, moving on to mock other people for actually having to do grunt work while Ogami gets to do nothing but wander around and chat people up ... the large props room!

... this is also one of those scenes that really go on without very much input from the player. Or Ogami, really.

And THAT is because we're dealing with both Sumire and Kanna at the same time.

----

----

[Sumire]

Even so, why have I been assigned to this task? Honestly, Yoneda, that accursed old man...

[Kanna]

Hey... you're talkin' too much. Shut up and work.

[Kanna]

Ah, you're right... Sumire! Watch it, that's where the pitfall's set up!

Aah, Kohran and her amazing portable pit traps. No matter where you may find yourself, with this device, a painful free fall is just a button's click away! :v:

[Ogami]

Watch out, Sumire-kun!

It's a fairly straightforward event. Press a button to SAVE SUMIRE!

[Ogami]

Sumire-kun, I've got you!

Except it... didn't quite take.

[Ogami]

Whoops... guess I didn't put enough strength into it.

Sumire's feelings of goodwill toward Ogami goes down...

[Kanna]

Hahahahaha! Captain, you really showed me somethin' hilarious!!

... while, of course, Kanna is magnetically attracted towards anyone who engages in dangerous slapstick violence right in front of her eyes. :v:

[Kanna]

What'd you say!? What's wrong with laughing at somethin' funny!?

[Sumire]

Shut your mouth! The point is, if you had been quicker to tell me about the pitfall...

[Kanna]

Are you KIDDING me!? You're gonna blame this on me now, you depraved harpy?!

[Ogami]

(It's starting up again... leaving them alone seems like the better choice...)

NEXT TIME: Teasing Sakura, Super Bad End, and Not Failing For Once! ... and possibly the beginnings of the biggest drat infodump we'll ever get in this game.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 7, 2013

Bat Ham
Apr 22, 2008

Bat Nan
Given the comparisons to Xenomorphs that the Kouma have brought up I'm just relieved for any explaination for Ayame's chest pain that doesn't involve a chestburster.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm just surprised we got an update so soon.

And Kanna just gets more :swoon: in this one. That said, is it possible to deviate from the route we're on by this time? If a player's having second thoughts about dating Iris for example, can he switch to someone a little less creepy?

AmadeusVonBlastoise
Jul 4, 2008

AMADEUS AMADEUS
~DO~DO~
~DO~DO~

CommissarMega posted:

That said, is it possible to deviate from the route we're on by this time? If a player's having second thoughts about dating Iris for example, can he switch to someone a little less creepy?
Anyone would be less creepy than Iris. Hell, even Yoneda would be a less creepy choice. Ayame is such a cockblock/tease to Ogami. Every time the guy has a single shred of hope it's immediately crushed with the force of a wrecking ball to the testicles. Part of me hopes he'll stop being stupid about such things, but then...

...makes me want that beautiful moron to never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

NoMoneyDown posted:

LaserShark posted:

I dunno about *that*. Just your basic generic healer chick to me.

Rika can go die in a fire, though.

... come to think of it, I have no idea what most of characters' English voices sound like, but I distinctly recall Gemini making me cry tears of blood.

I just hope that Diana's English voice sounds better than her Japanese voice, and that Rika doesn't suddenly become Speedy Gonzales. :geno:

JamMasterJim posted:

Hey Spirit...Is everything okay?

Busy as usual. Why do you ask?

ZeeToo posted:

Yeah, it's always Maria for this scene... at least, as far as I recall.

I mean, I honestly can't see country bumpkin Sakura or little kid Iris going "hey, it's a super-difficult ancient manuscript, I'll teach you how to read it!" Well, okay, so Iris WOULD be able to wade through a timeless eldritch tome of unknown origins without much trouble, but not if it's Japanese.

keeshhound posted:

Well, I wouldn't do it all in one THREAD.

We'd just have five super-dense threads pulling the forums in different directions, eventually tearing it apart. :v:

Patter Song posted:

Isn't Sakura Wars II the one that never got a PS2 makeover? It'll be different LPing a series and having the games go down on system generation.

Basically, yeah. SW2 is the only one that never got a next-gen makeover, and 3, 4, and 5 all use the newfangled 3D style thingy you're seeing in this LP.

Trust me, it ain't going to be pretty.

CommissarMega posted:

That said, is it possible to deviate from the route we're on by this time? If a player's having second thoughts about dating Iris for example, can he switch to someone a little less creepy?

Sadly, once you reach The Big Event (which, in this case, was the New Year's Day date thingy), you're basically locked into that character's route.

However, all bets ARE off every time we switch into a sequel, so the field's going to be wide open again in Sakura Wars 2.

• Locked thread