Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Edison :argh:
A hack who insists that his mediocre product is superior to its obviously better competition?

This sounds familiar...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

A hack who insists that his mediocre product is superior to its obviously better competition?

This sounds familiar...

Only this time he isn't unfairly successful while the superior competition toils in obscurity! Also in this analogy, Tesla is an insane Irish American carny billionaire.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

For some reason, that entire post was in Phillip J. Fry's voice in my head.

So, uh... wrestling question...

I've asked this before, but maybe now that we've got a couple of workers here in wrestlehut, I'll get an answer. How do wrestlers who don't speak the same language work together?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

LividLiquid posted:

I've asked this before, but maybe now that we've got a couple of workers here in wrestlehut, I'll get an answer. How do wrestlers who don't speak the same language work together?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiYP4jX-_-U
They just...do.

Jerusalem posted:

Tesla is an insane Irish American billionaire.

I strive to be him :swoon:

DEAR RICHARD fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 8, 2010

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Spikeguy posted:

My wife and I were watching Monday Night Wars DVD and we were talking about X-Pac and she asked were they just good friends why aren't they anymore? From what I've heard it just seems like when HHH left DX and joined the corporation there was some sort of falling out. Does anyone know exactly or close to exactly what happened to make Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Chyna and x-pac hate him?

X-Pac doesn't hate him. HHH has said he feels bad for Chyna and X-Pac and hopes that they clean themselves up and become happy. Chyna has a ton of heat with the company, but with X-Pac HBK and HHH just feel bad for him because of his addictions.

LightsGameraAction posted:

I'm fairly certain Chyna has said she felt she was forced out of the company by Stephanie McMahon when she started dating Triple H too.

Chyna's full of poo poo. She was bitter with the break-up (rightfully so), but also wanted a lot more money than she was worth. Then, after the WWF marketing machine makes her a star she tries to go on her own and finds out that if you aren't supported by the WWF that Hollywood doesn't give a poo poo. Sable learned the same thing. Also, her claim that she was forced out when Steph started dating HHH is just incorrect. From late 1999 until around the time she left she was pushed as the major female star in the company.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Can we talk about how loving horrible Wikipedia is on describing PPVs?

The first televised match was a tag team match in which Edge and Chris Masters (representing Raw) faced off against Rey Mysterio and Matt Hardy (representing SmackDown!). Before the match, it was revealed that Edge refused to wrestle, saying he did not care about representing Raw and choosing Snitsky as his replacement.[4][17] Masters and Snitsky quickly gained the early advantage in the match, as they took the upper hand over Mysterio. Mysterio fought back with a tilt-a-whirl, a counter attack hold. Afterwards, Hardy and Snitsky were tagged in, leading to Hardy getting the advantage as he grabbed Snitsky by the side and drove Snitsky's head onto the wrestling mat. Back and forth action took place between both teams. The match ended when Mysterio performed the 619 on Masters, followed by Hardy grabbing Snitsky's head in a forward position and forcefully pulling it down over his shoulders. Mysterio pinned Masters and giving SmackDown! the win over Raw.[4][17]

The next match was another tag team match involving Rob Conway and Tyson Tomko versus Eugene and Jimmy Snuka, who won the fans' vote with 42%. The team of Conway and Tomko dominated Eugene in the early start of the match. Eugene, however, fought back by avoiding Tomko's attacks. Eugene tagged Snuka in and performed a series of chops to Conway's chest and headbutted him in the process. In retaliation, Tomko attacked Snuka from behind, but Eugene fought him off, as he extended his arm out and knocked him out of the ring and out of the match. Eugene performed a jawbreaker on Conway, which proceeded with Eugene to lift Conway by holding his back horizontally and slamming it down, termed as a side slam. Snuka covered Conway for the pinfall victory. After the match, Tomko attacked Snuka and Eugene until Jim Duggan and Kamala came down and fought off Tomko.[4][17]

The third match was between Carlito and Mankind, which was the gimmick chosen for Foley by the fans' vote with 52%. The match began with Carlito performing a dropkick on Mankind. Mankind, however, got the advantage over Carlito. Mid-way through the match, Mankind tried to use a steel chair on Carlito, but Carlito avoided getting hit, as he executed a drop toe-hold, sending Mankind to hit the steel steps. Mankind rose to his feet, which led Carlito to perform a standing dropkick, resulting in Mankind to hit the back of his head into the steel steps. Back in the ring, Mankind received the upper hand after he bended Carlito forward and hooked each arm behind Carlito's back, tucked his head under one of Mankind's arms, and then fell back to pull Carlito down flat on his face which caused Carlito to roll over. He then forced Carlito to submit with the Mandible claw and win the match.[4][17]

The main event was the WWE Championship match, in which John Cena defended the title against Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels, who received the fans' vote to be part of the Triple Threat match. During the beginning of the match, Cena performed a back body drop on Angle, sending him to outside. Michaels, who had been thrown out of the ring, received the upper hand over Cena until Angle returned to the match and performed a variety of suplexes on both Michaels and Cena. Mid-way in the match, Angle and Michaels double teamed Cena, lifting him in the air crashing face-first on the Spanish announce table. Back in the ring, Angle lifted Michaels on his shoulders and spinned 90° to slam him down to the mat, a move Angle calls the Angle Slam, from the top of the turnbuckles. Angle then tried to apply the ankle lock hold on Michaels, but Cena came into the ring and clotheslined Angle out of the ring. Cena proceeded by executing a back body drop on Michaels and attempting to perform a fist drop with theatrics, but was pulled out of the ring by Angle, who tossed him over the security barricade. The match concluded when Angle caught Cena in the ankle lock. Michaels, who was on the outside, climbed the top rope and drove his cocked elbow onto Angle's chest, who was laying on the mat holding onto Cena's ankle. Michaels performed a superkick, which saw the sole of his foot strike Angle's chin, a move in which Michaels calls Sweet Chin Music. Following this, Cena lifted Michaels over his shoulders and threw him down to execute the FU. Cena got the pinfall victory and thus retained his title.[4]

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

Chyna, on the other hand, got dumped by Triple H who then dated, married and had kids with Stephanie McMahon while she quit WWE over money and ended up a drug-addled wreck so she is probably understandably bitter over the whole thing.

I think Chyna and HHH were also still dating when he started cheating on her with Stephanie

She was by no means forced out though, she got an undeserved rocket push and got a gigantic loving ego after it. gently caress Chyna.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

This is the work of one retard on wiki from what i understand.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

There's a whole bunch of idiots who have this moronic idea that they have to improve and make Wiki articles feature-quality, and be incredible and follow all the contradicting rules, etc. Hence all the stupid descriptions of moves, and this loving paragraph at the start of EVERY wrestling article.

quote:

WrestleMania featured professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing feuds, plots, and storylines that were played out on Raw, SmackDown, NXT and WWE Superstars—World Wrestling Entertainment's (WWE) television programs. Wrestlers portrayed a villain or a hero as they followed a series of events that built tension, and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.[13] All wrestlers were from WWE's Raw and SmackDown brands—a storyline division in which WWE employees are assigned to a television program of the same name.[14]

They make it worse, not better, but they don't give a poo poo, because now all the wiki editors can't complain because they're doing "in-universe" stuff or "needless naming", or some poo poo any more.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

AkumaHokoru posted:

This is the work of one retard on wiki from what i understand.

And he's been vindicated because the 2005 Great American Bash was the featured article yesterday. He'll butcher the gently caress out of any entry he hasn't touched yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What the gently caress is a "featured article" anyway, surely everyone just has a wikipedia search plugin on their browser and never goes to whatever wikipedia's front page is anyway?

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man
Wikipedia has a front page?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Surely step one of any style rule for a website which wants to have high quality feature type articles is to ensure that the author doesn't butcher the English language.

The simple English wiki at least manages to just give the attendences, the results of the matches and anything of significant note without bombarding the reader with the mad rantings of a sperglord.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Here's a question I was thinking about earlier-

There's been a lot of pressure on wrestling now because of all the premature deaths that have occurred over the past few years, but is it really that uncommon or high a number?

I'm not downplaying any of the deaths or trying to say they were unavoidable but given that steroids/painkillers/road wear/other dangerous poo poo are by no means new to the sport so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just always this bad and nobody was really paying attention.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Didn't the 2005 GAB feature half the roster losing to elevated liver enzymes?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I don't know. I just came across these articles while looking for proof that KID KASH was a cruiserweight champion (i don't believe it).

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

The A-Team Van posted:

2006, and just Lashley and Khali according to wikipedia.

What I think you might actually be thinking of though is the 04 GAB which apparently was so starved for headliners at the time that the main event match was a handicap match: Undertaker vs. The Dudley Boys.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Capsaicin posted:

I don't know. I just came across these articles while looking for proof that KID KASH was a cruiserweight champion (i don't believe it).

He used a brainbuster as a finish and called juvi a lizard in a terrible promo.

The A-Team Van posted:

Whole show resheduled on the day, weird PPV.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

LividLiquid posted:

Good News LividLiquid!

I wrestled at I think 4 or 5 wrestling shows in Mexican Bazaars. It was a strange and crazy place. Lots of the old timers that I was with could speak Spanish due to the fact that in "real life" they were contractors or welders and in Black Bart's case, he dug telephone poles. In Texas, if you are in that line of work you know Spanish or you learn.

I had a translator. The Ref. Prior to the match; me, the ref and the mexican guy i was working talked out moves and stuff.

So, during the match the mexican wrestler would say stuff to the ref who would tell me "duck , take crossbody" or "suplex, go for leg drop" and i would go for a leg drop and the guy would spring out of the way and do a forward roll and have me in a headlock take down.

He had already kind of planned a match around the moves set that we talked about. it was pretty neat.

Then there were times where you would get chopped for 45 seconds while the sweaty guy in the mask tried to say "hip toss". Take it from me, its not easy to understand someone who has a full bandito mustache under their mask when they try to stage whisper at you.

So in short, I dunno. I just worked through it.

Maybe wrestlers are just extra sensitive :sissies:

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
That doesnt sound like a farnsworth story at all!

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

LightsGameraAction posted:

2006, and just Lashley and Khali according to wikipedia.

What I think you might actually be thinking of though is the 04 GAB which apparently was so starved for headliners at the time that the main event match was a handicap match: Undertaker vs. The Dudley Boys.

But 2006 was so odd because they had the Punjabi Prison match, which was specifically built for Khali (being Punjab, you see). They built the whole thing up for a month on Smackdown, then Khali gets subbed.

And it's not like Lashley where Teddy Long announced that he was being subbed because of liver enzymes. Big Show pushed Undertaker backstage, and somehow got subbed into the match. Just cause.

And the finish was weird too, because it was the first person to escape the cage wins (despite having like five ways to exit, and there being two cages, and something about timers, I'm not quite sure). Big Show falls backwards through the cage while holding the Undertaker. Technically, Big Show was out first, but the Undertaker was thrown out of the cage and got to his feet first.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

While I am not a worker, many guys who have worked Japan say it is surprisingly easy. Most move names are in English, so they can call certain things, and much of the time they just go out there and "wrestle" and go by feel. The Briscoes have said they will talk things over with their opponents prematch if they have a particularly complex match planned, but it sounds like it isn't that hard for US workers in Japan match wise.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I wrestled at I think 4 or 5 wrestling shows in Mexican Bazaars. It was a strange and crazy place. Lots of the old timers that I was with could speak Spanish due to the fact that in "real life" they were contractors or welders and in Black Bart's case, he dug telephone poles. In Texas, if you are in that line of work you know Spanish or you learn.

Speaking of Bart, he claims in his shoot interview that Necro Butcher got hosed up on crack and nearly killed him with a chair during a match, which is why they don't get along anymore. At least, I think that's what he said. Bart's hard to understand when he's drunk.

Anyway, is there any truth to that story that you know of?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

What the gently caress is a "featured article" anyway, surely everyone just has a wikipedia search plugin on their browser and never goes to whatever wikipedia's front page is anyway?

Wikipedia has been declining on virtually all fronts for years, simply because neurotics have chased sensible people out of many areas of the site.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1924492,00.html

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I remember a few years ago some fantastically spergy admin reverted the WM3 page whenever someone posted the "actual" attendance number. He flipped out every time, saying that WWE said it and they would never lie about such a thing.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
This could be a very silly question but do professional wrestler's have a union?

It seems with some of the ridiculous demands and unfair dismissal's Mr McMahon has instigated they should. Surely a union would prevent you from having to beat your co-worker to the point you can take a pink slip down from a pole to stop yourself from being fired.

...No, but seriously, do they?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
No.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

CombineThresher posted:

Speaking of Bart, he claims in his shoot interview that Necro Butcher got hosed up on crack and nearly killed him with a chair during a match, which is why they don't get along anymore. At least, I think that's what he said. Bart's hard to understand when he's drunk.

Anyway, is there any truth to that story that you know of?

Why yes, I was there!

Ok, so Necro was just supossed to come out, belt Bart with a chair on the back and join the heel stable. Instead of hitting him on the back with the chair Necro hits him on the noggin. A Necro chair shot is horrible anyways but this shot wanst anything out of the ordinary. Well that bump on the head got Bart mad so he no sold it and stood up. Necro hits him again, and then onemore time for good measure. Well on the last hit, Bart kinda moved or something and took the side of the chair (the rounded back part)to the head instead of the seat part. Well that hit split Bart WIDE open, like a 5 inch gash that was at least an inch wide. Blood was GUSHING out of him and Bart screams "gently caress YOU DYLAN" (Necros real name) Grabs the chair out of his hands and proceededs to beat Necros head in with a chair. If I recall there were 5 or 6 full force unprotected head shots. Its the only time I ever saw Necro legit back off from taking a head shot. He was wobbly and you could tell that he was hurting.

The roller rink was silent. This old man with blood pouring out of him was trying to beat a hobo to death. Necro got out of the ring and got his gear and left (he had to reserve our table at Hooters) and Bart was holding a whole roll of paper towles up to his head screaming "I'm gonna kill that mother fucker" and was headed to his truck to get his gun. Fortuantely for Necro he had some of his boys there to hold him back and take him to the ER.

I think it took 15 staples to close up Barts head.

But I never saw Necro do drugs before a show, he drank alot but then again I probly would too.

EDIT:

I remember why Bart and Dylan were mad at each other.

That same show, Bart had brought along 2 guys who were mabey 6 months out of training and fancied themselves as tough guys. Because promoters are assholes they god booked against Necro and Hell Hammer in a Tag Match. The match starts, they brawl and do some acctuall wrestling, then they take it to the floor and wander around the roller rink. Necro dishes out some fierce punsishment on one of the new guys and then out of nowhere he produces a Crown Roal bag full of thumb tacks. Crown Royal bags are the offical holding place for thumbtacks in indy wrestling. The new guy freaks out and hits the bag out of Necros hand. This makes him angry, because the plan was for Necro to take the thumbtack bump but since this guy got scared Dylan grabs his attention with a mean forearm and then pours out the tacks scoop slams him on them. Not keep in mind, this was not a Hardcore match or anything. Seeing the punishment that his boys were taking Bart walks thru the curtian and says "Thats enough boys, c'mon back" and just ends the match. The 2 new guys scramble away from Necro and Hellhamer and go to the back.

Necro is all WTF?! because Bart cut his playtime short and gets all mad and starts yelling at Bart and then storms to the back and yells some more.. then The headwoound happened like 3 matches later.

Beer_Suitcase fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 8, 2010

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Capsaicin posted:

:words:
My favorite part was where they go into explicit detail to describe how a loving kick works.

LividLiquid posted:

I haven't actually worked with non-english people, but in training we'd often do matches where we don't talk to each other in the ring or plan anything beforehand. And a lot of vets won't talk anything out even when they do speak the same language. So yes, as others here have said, a language barrier isn't as much of a barrier as one might think!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sue Denim posted:

This could be a very silly question but do professional wrestler's have a union?

It seems with some of the ridiculous demands and unfair dismissal's Mr McMahon has instigated they should. Surely a union would prevent you from having to beat your co-worker to the point you can take a pink slip down from a pole to stop yourself from being fired.

...No, but seriously, do they?

They tried to form a union, but it was worked out backstage in a few weeks, and they stopped carrying 2x4s to the ring.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
I honestly can't work out if Necro is polite and respectful backstage like he was in the Wrestler. I doubt it, from the drinking stories and the fact that he's a psychopath, but it's a theory that entertains me.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Rathen posted:

I honestly can't work out if Necro is polite and respectful backstage like he was in the Wrestler. I doubt it, from the drinking stories and the fact that he's a psychopath, but it's a theory that entertains me.

Yeah, for the most part he was always a nice guy to me and my friends. He never tried to cripple me, he just works stiff and you get used to that. Lucky for me I never wrestled him one on one, just a battle royal or two. But he did do an unscheduled unannounced run in during my first match ever, but i think have told that story before.

I even went to his house once and we watched old deathmatch videos and drank beer.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Yeah, for the most part he was always a nice guy to me and my friends. He never tried to cripple me, he just works stiff and you get used to that. Lucky for me I never wrestled him one on one, just a battle royal or two. But he did do an unscheduled unannounced run in during my first match ever, but i think have told that story before.

I even went to his house once and we watched old deathmatch videos and drank beer.

Can you tell the story about Necro doing an unscheduled run in during your first match?

It's a wrestling question!

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

The A-Team Van posted:

Can you tell the story about Necro doing an unscheduled run in during your first match?

It's a wrestling question!

I would be happy to!

This was my first time in the ring, in front of people. I had just turned 18.

I was wrestling a Triple Threat hardcore match with my 2 backayrd wrasslin buddies The Epicenter Chris Richter (Now know as Epi the Phat Samoan) and Tony "The Big Don" Bruni (now know as worm food, he dead). We planned a few spots but mostly planned on hitting each other with stuff. Our weapons included a ladder, a wet floor sign and plastic lunch trays we had stolen from High School.

We had NO training, we did not know how to take a bump, run the ropes, lock up, NOTHING. We had no business in the ring and it showed.

The match started out, lunch trays a swingin. Crappy suplexes all over the place. Hell, I dropkicked Tony in the back while he was giving Epi chops in the corner. It was pure poo poo.

All of the sudden we hear from someone in the crowd yell "UH OH! HERE COMES NECRO!" (it was Joey Corman from Hallowmas/The Overboys, look him up, hes pretty good) I looked toward the "locker room" that was just a blue tarp tied to the drop ceiling struts, and I see Hell Hammer and Necro running to the ring. Necro has a chair and Hellhammer a trash can.

As soon as it registers in my brain what is happening I haul rear end outside of the ring only to be chased by HellHammer. As this was going on, Necro slides into the ring and gives Epi a mean Misawa inspired forearm to the head, he goes down and Necro proceedes to cover his head with the wet floor sign and stomp on him.

Next he grabs a chair and drills Tony with it. Tony, being the doofus that he was just takes it, no hands, unprotected chair to the brain. The bottom part of the back of the chair catches him and slices him open. Tony does not realise this for a moment, he just sells the hit and then the blood start flowing.

Meanwhile, i am still trying to run away from HellHammer and for some dumbass reason I decide that the ring is the safest place to be. IN the ring with The Necro Butcher. *BAM* I get a forearm to the head, he grabs my arms behind my back and says this in my ear "Take one for the team brother" as Hell Hammer brings the chair down on me. It was a light chairshot by Necro standards but for me in that moment I thought it was all over, goodbye cruel world, lights out.

So, they leave the ring, us three bleading, beaten and scared shitless. Epi makes a lazy cover on Tony. 1 2 3 and its over.

I'm selling my chairshot and stumbling to the back as Necro bust thru the curtian again. He Zeros in on me, because I was closest I guess and tags me with another forearm. I fall to the ground. He picks me up and I hear "POWERBOMB!" so I start saying to Necro "No! No Powerbomb! PLEASE!" screw kayfabe, closed head brain injuries are not my bag. But Neco just say "Chill out, this wont hurt" and gives me a nice loud scoop slam on the roller rink floor. He was right, it diddn't hurt!

So now, I am in the back just trembling like a leaf. I thought that I would get a REAL beating and that my "career" in wrestling was over before it began. Neco comes over and says "I bet you wont do a hardcore match again huh?" or something along thoes lines.

When i asked him about the run in a few months/years? later he said it was due to the fact that we were untrained idiots trying to do hardcore. We had no respect for the business and needed to be taught a lesson. He diddn't ask for permission, he just told Hell Hammer "C'mon lets show these guys Hardcore"

Tony was ok, he got like 18 stitches and never wrestled again. He was a ref for a while and then he took 60 vicodin, a bottle of vodka and zip tied a lawn and leaf bag to his head =(

Chris Richter still wrestles around Texas. I'll see if he still has the tape of that match and try to get it on Youtube.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Rathen posted:

Here's my experience with Necro (me and my friend were driving him to a Stranglehold show in Toronto):

- I didn't know it was him because he had glasses on and his hair up
- He decided to buy a "Strong beer" at the LCBO and couldn't finish it
- We briefly talked politics when he was smoking weed with everyone else
- He proceeded to have a retarded as gently caress hardcore match and walked on glass in his bare loving feet against a guy who was pretty much Steve Blackman named Dynamite GT (I think that's what it was.)
- Necro beat him with a roll-up.

So yeah, I'd say he is a pretty normal guy until he steps in the ring or clouds his judgment with alcohol. Except nothing over 5%. You loving Americans are such pussies with your beer...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lone Rogue posted:

So yeah, I'd say he is a pretty normal guy until he steps in the ring or clouds his judgment with alcohol. Except nothing over 5%. You loving Americans are such pussies with your beer...

But god damned legends with our whiskey.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Burrito posted:

But god damned legends with our whiskey.
This is the best response to that accusation I've ever heard.

Minidust posted:

My favorite part was where they go into explicit detail to describe how a loving kick works.
I haven't actually worked with non-english people, but in training we'd often do matches where we don't talk to each other in the ring or plan anything beforehand. And a lot of vets won't talk anything out even when they do speak the same language. So yes, as others here have said, a language barrier isn't as much of a barrier as one might think!
Say you're working a match like this with no words. How do you know what to do with your body? Somebody gets you up in a vertical suplex position or a ddt position or any other number of positions and there are twenty things they could do. How do you know which one to lift into? How do you know when to make your comeback and such? The whole thing is just fascinating to me.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Burrito posted:

They tried to form a union, but it was worked out backstage in a few weeks, and they stopped carrying 2x4s to the ring.

It was UPYORS: the Union of People You Oughta Respect, Shane

That was a really, really lovely angle.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

WeaselWeaz posted:

It was UPYORS: the Union of People You Oughta Respect, Shane

That was a really, really lovely angle.

It was no I.C.O.N., that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

LividLiquid posted:

This is the best response to that accusation I've ever heard.

Say you're working a match like this with no words. How do you know what to do with your body? Somebody gets you up in a vertical suplex position or a ddt position or any other number of positions and there are twenty things they could do. How do you know which one to lift into? How do you know when to make your comeback and such? The whole thing is just fascinating to me.

I guess it's just like having a band jam, if you put someone up for a vertical suplex and they do something similar but not what you planned you just have to change it on the go or something.