Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
The dude is a professional, or the reincarnation of Phillipe's dad. That's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!

glug posted:

I'm all school-girl-giddy now.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
Re: The alt text

Smaller underwear would be tighter when stretched across a coat hanger, therefore affording more firepower, not less.

Just FYI.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Thicker, stronger elastic.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

glug posted:

He has been preparing for 24 hours, probably more knowing Steve.

Says so in the previous strip.

And he doesn't look very ottery to me.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 6, 2010

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Awesome Andy posted:

I figure it's like the toy drum of Ray and Cornelius's child-hood.

Or the italian restaurant that everyone has been to.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Phillipe you gotta change out of your Ray outfit. What will your Mom think when she sees what you did to that nice rosary?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Steve's face is kinda freaking me out in some weird uncanny valley way.... also Philippe is so excited :shobon:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Achewood: The Movie starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Steve DeNeuve

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Dacap posted:

Achewood: The Movie starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman as Steve DeNeuve

Thats the perfect cameo point for the real Onstad. Just have him be entirely in shadow.

Lets be realistic here Onstad isn't gonna play himself in the movie (I saw his skit at RIT)

EDIT: Actually you feigned rage pretty good. Maybe it was just the comparison between you and Gurewitch

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 7, 2010

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Thats the perfect cameo point for the real Onstad. Just have him be entirely in shadow.

Lets be realistic here Onstad isn't gonna play himself in the movie (I saw his skit at RIT)

EDIT: Actually you feigned rage pretty good. Maybe it was just the comparison between you and Gurewitch

Like I said, nary an acting class in my repertoire, nor any talent in the family. Was I pretty wooden?

Heffer
May 1, 2003

I'm trying to decide if DeNueve's hair is a sleeping catfish or an upside down bird.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Chris Onstad posted:

Like I said, nary an acting class in my repertoire, nor any talent in the family. Was I pretty wooden?

You did pretty well, it was a nice way to end the talk.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Email from Amazon! Ooh, did my Volume 3 I ordered last fall ship?

Amazon.com posted:

Chris Onstad "Achewood Volume 3: A Home for Scared People"
Estimated arrival date: August 30 2010 - September 03 2010

drat.

Five minutes later... Ooh! Maybe it was a mistake!

Amazon.com posted:

Berkeley Breathed "Bloom County: Complete Library Volume 2"
Estimated arrival date: June 08 2010 - June 14 2010

Double drat.

I'm sure both will be worth the wait, but man that was disappointing.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
What with all those memory shout-outs, I hope this doesn't mean Philippe is a replicant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Howard Beale posted:

What with all those memory shout-outs, I hope this doesn't mean Philippe is a replicant.

The last 9 years of strip was a story Onstad told so he could tell us this story, a story of an early 21st Century company advancing robot evolution into the NEXUS phase....

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Howard Beale posted:

I would think the tests with the French fry and the couch would have proved that he was human, but now that I say that I don't know what the parameters would be for a replicant otter.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You are walking through the desert. You see a salmon flopping in a pool of water, baking in the hot sun. You pick it up and bite into it.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

benito posted:

Email from Amazon! Ooh, did my Volume 3 I ordered last fall ship?

drat.

Came here to whine about this too. Why, Onstad, why?! :qq:

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So did you guys not notice when I broke this news on the previous page?

Not only have I been betrayed by Onstad, but forsaken by Goons! :cry:

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

So did you guys not notice when I broke this news on the previous page?

Not only have I been betrayed by Onstad, but forsaken by Goons! :cry:

Sorry about that. I missed your earlier post and just got so excited when I thought I was about to get Volume 3, then I got the 1-2 punch with the Bloom County book. I'm more worried about the latter, to be honest, since it's such a big five volume project and I'm terrified they'll run out of steam or lose interest before completing it. Achewood's still a living, breathing strip and I'm sure the kinks and delays will be worked out for future editions.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not really offended. I was just looking forward to getting another volume of Achewood with commentary last month.

Archbishop Karaoke
May 10, 2006

:siren: NEW STRIP :siren:

Panel 8 is the new face of terror. :gonk:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I am beginning to worry about the young little otter. :ohdear:

Onstad, you're really cranking these out lately. Good show!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Coincidentally, a Stop-free In-motion Slopless Reduced-Slop re-percolating Sealable Closable Convenience Tank was featured in Automotive Insanity the other day.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

why would someone poo poo in their car

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Some people are really, really averse to public restrooms.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This arc will end in tears, I can feel it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

This arc will end in tears, I can feel it.

There was something about the eighth panel that just filled me with dread.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe the in car toilet is for little kids.

I once once on a family road trip and we were stuck in gridlock on I-90. My nephew had to pee so bad he started crying and my brother had no choice but to pull over and make an impromptu screen for his kid to piss behind.

Even then, I would rather pull over and teach a kid how to dig a cat hole than cart around fresh poo poo in a van in the middle of summer.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think the idea of it coming with disposable bags is that you throw it out into the woods after you are done doing your business.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ChairMaster posted:

I think the idea of it coming with disposable bags is that you throw it out into the woods after you are done doing your business.

If you're the kind of rear end in a top hat that throws dirty diapers out car windows, then yes, you could do that.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

ChairMaster posted:

I hope everyone who drives by your house throws a bag of poo poo on your lawn.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Aren't otters lactose intolerant? Do they make lactose free ice cream?

edit: Oh, so that's what acidophilius milk is. Durf. In that case, enjoy this classic Achewood which lays bare the entire software industry.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ChairMaster posted:

please don't throw plastic bags into the woods

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

Weedle posted:

please don't throw plastic bags into the woods

Just use those new sunchips incredibly annoying crinkly bags, it claims they're bio-degradable.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2agblAd4O0

I wouldn't even know Acidophilus milk existed were it not for Ernest P. Worrell.

Stuff really works though.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2agblAd4O0

I wouldn't even know Acidophilus milk existed were it not for Ernest P. Worrell.

Stuff really works though.

Fun fact: It wasn't until I was in high school that I made the realization that Ernest Borgnine had absolutely nothing to do with the lovable fellow who saved Christmas and went to camp/jail.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.

Ola posted:

Coincidentally, a Stop-free In-motion Slopless Reduced-Slop re-percolating Sealable Closable Convenience Tank was featured in Automotive Insanity the other day.

Forget that, what are those blue nubs on the wheel? Bling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Skadi posted:

Forget that, what are those blue nubs on the wheel? Bling?

It's like a prayer bead thing. You flip them in a regular tempo, when you have gone all the way around you have reached the ideal bowel time. If you're still not done, you need to look into your diet.

I don't think the neatly disposable bags saves this installation. At a family outing: "Kids, when I stand up I need you to quickly tie it up and put in a new one. I had a lot of mashed potatoes last night." "It's hard to wipe when it's so cramped, can you check if I missed any spots?" and so on.